TV / Radio OUT OF 48 (2023/04/20 - 2024/03/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 24, 2023.

1. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

well, my impression was that she was rather spoiled and of the type where if she can't get what she wants through her 'charms' she's not interested (a flippant person). maybe other people see something different and it is what it is, but if she hasn't made a reappearance yet...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Same goes for members like Tano Yuka and Shimazaki Haruka imo (and Tano-chan is still my kami-oshi [hehe])

It's your opinion if you felt she seemed flippant and self-interested, I personally didn't get that impression, but I won't tell you you're wrong for that. I do, think, however, that sometimes fans find that appealing (especially the masochist types). Paruru's personality despite her openly saying she's grossed out by sweaty fans at handshakes and voicing discontent about sister group members in AKB senbatsu. Tano-chan was obviously less popular and lost popularity when fans noticed her personality, and I personally didn't like Paruru despite being a Tano oshi. I can't tell you with certainty what makes the difference, but my point is mainly that this kinda personality sometimes works for idols.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    If DH were to put out their own horoscopes, I'd strongly recommend anyone reading it do the exact opposite of whatever it recommends.

That said, as much as Erii and Maho are not my type of idol, I do think in a way they are a course correction from girls like Moeka (and to a lesser extent Naanya). Those latter two crumbled under the pressure, either of being pushed or of losing her push--Moeka, it seems to me, wanted very much to be appreciated, did all she could to fish every fan, but then couldn't handle being disliked. Erii and Maho seem to thrive on it. I doubt they enjoy it, but they're much better at handling the "criticism" of antis than many previous pushes were. I think recently Yukirin vocalised how important mental strength is for an idol, and that's usually not something new members have developed yet. It's one reason I don't think giving individual kenkyuusei hyper pushes is wise. Thankfully 17th gen's push has been pretty well distributed so far, though there are some standouts (two of whom seem to be the strongest mentally).

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Eh? But that's exactly the same PV from a month ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Staff:
    • AKB48
    • Maeda Goki
    • Kashiwagi Yuki
    • Machida Hironori

36 39 AKB48 members were invited to participate.

https://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/111658769

It looks like Missa said on Twitter that she is not invited.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    39*

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

Maeda Goki? Is not he a famous actor? This reminds me of Produce series with a famous actor as host/MC. Machida and Kashiwagi possibly are co-hosts/co-MCs/commentators. Wanna see a Korean dance trainer. Will there by any trainer at all though.

The show will premiere on April 21st? The application was opened not that long ago?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    All your answers are either above or on Google.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Some datas from official SNS, 5 days prior to the 1st episode:
    So far, the interest doesn't look exactly high

Among Twitter followers:
    • Saito Haruna
    • Tada Kyoka
    • Shitao Miu
    • Oguri Yui
    • Chiba Erii
    Maybe more

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
  11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not surprised with how little they've been promoting this... what are they doing??

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. welp

welp Next Girls

When I saw the teaser I thought it screamed 'cheap' but, it's okay as it was mere 'audition' teaser. But, there is no separate teaser for the show itself? 1 video clip serves as the teaser for both the audition and the show?

Usually, the teaser looks prettier than the actual show for baiting but, the teaser production is already this economical, what will the level of the show production be?

I don't think it is just simply the issue of under-promotion. The K-pop tint of the project throw Coreanophobic AKB48's wota off and, the association to AKB48 throws K-pop fans off. And, there is nothing but Maeda Goki to draw the attention of general public to the show. No novelty (as there have been numerous audition shows in last 5 years), no big scale production, no big name coach/mentor, no surprising contestant.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    What about the project has a K-pop tint?

14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I don't think the general public will really watch a past midnight TV show.
    This time slot is for very specific public.
    In this case wotas.

The whole promotion is solely based on the inclusion of AKB48 members. Maeda is another piece of the puzzle, but not really that important.

As for the other points, it's hard to say since the production released no informations.
    Are there going to be trainers ? can't say (exemple: in the STU48 ASH audition the trainers were never shown)
    Judges, yes surelly, just how many ? will be part of the show ? (see 1 line above)
    How the show will work ? still unknown
    Public vote ? mystery too
    etc...

The theme song has definetly some "Nekoya" similarities.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    And they have competition with the metaverse idol thing too. Wake up DH! :rant:

16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Is this show about NGT?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Not Going Toogood ?
    Go figure.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    If you're talking about the "teser", I don't really agree. We don't even know the choreography or full version yet. :^^;:

• Like Like x 3
  19. sarachuu

sarachuu Kenkyuusei

It’s only a few days until the premiere and they’ve done barely any promotion. Did they forget to hire a marketing team or do they think an audience will magically fall out of the sky?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I dont think the problem is that it is a midnight slot. The problem is that it isnt the right program that matches that type of timeslot. There has been numerous recent popular midnight shows but they are usually involving a certain types of mature jokes or content (not always rated, but u know they are not child/teenager friendly).

However, placing an idol survival show on a midnight slot is going to be a huge gamble. Like who are they targetting? They'd better luck at targeting a younger audience (e.g. teenagers) and young adults, but neither of them will probably want to tune it late that night. It is so confusing at what they are pursuing.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1