TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

It's called an inferiority complex.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

you guys realize nate, pann comments always trash idols, doesnt matter if its kpop or jpop idols. they’ll post negative comments on anyone and anything.

but they dont really compare to the comments made by the losers on 2ch and gc, those guys are gutter trash (who also post negative comments on jpop idols, especially 48g)

• Like Like x 1
  3. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^Yeah I know (even if people on pann have their favorite groups tho) but the problem is that a lot of idols read & take those comments into consideration :/

Damn please tell me where you live because if ordinary girls look like AKB members then I can't even imagine how fxcking beautiful pretty girls look like.

I think you're right, especially about that beauty standard thing plus if we mix it with their problems with Japan & SEA it actually even make more sense
    Let's just hope they won't bash contestants for their looks or that Mnet won't have them read hate comments:hmm:

I guess the uglier people feel, the more they enjoy putting others down ?

We have so many pretty girls in AKB48 so I'm curious about who will create a lot of buzz during the first performance (throwback to the reactions of knetz to P101 s2)
    Ah I don't remember if we discussed this yet but what kind of song are you expecting & what kind of song do you want to get as the new "Pick Me" ?
    I really would like the theme song of the show to be something like "Darenokoto wo Ichiban Aishiteru?" I mean even the title fits for a survival :hehe: Or like "Shoujotachi yo" because it would fit the whole you can do it girls concept.
    However since tropical house has been the trend in kpop recently my expectations aren't really high :( Everyone grown tired of it so I hope Mnet will release something refreshing give us Whatta man part 2 damn it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Honestly, any song is fine with me as long as there is a catchy part and a catchy choreography. Pick Me was iconic because it was catchy song wise and choreography wise.

As for beauty, I think we already talked about it here so I won’t get into it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. welp

welp Next Girls

Aside from strong nationalism/ strong grudge over Japan, the Korean always is critical over look and beauty standard of the Korean is kinda different. You can also see their standard is narrow.. And, it's kinda funny as their angelic beauties like Suzy and Irene will be seen as "pretty commoners" in my country whereas "strong features" is more preferable.

The SEA mention might have to do with G-Dragon's ex, Mizuhara Kiko possibly best known Japanese celeb among the Korean. If I remember correctly, she's either Hawaiian or SEA mixed.

Even if it's true that the Korean often goes under knives, "All Korean girls look the same." or "Korean girls are plastic." are not nice stereotype. Many J-pop idols are plastic too. I find it's ridiculous when AKB's wota sincerely believe their faves have naturally evolved that they have drastically gotten prettier from kenkyuusei days.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Matsui Hikari

Even if it’s a stereotype, it’s still true. I don’t think you can blame people that said it because k-idols do indeed, often than not, get pressured into getting plastic surgery. Let alone idols, even your average Korean too. It’s as common to them as wearing makeup. While some 48G members do go under the knife (Tomochin, Haruppi, Sakura), let’s not forget that some also join at a really young age and the magic of puberty and makeup does its thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

why are people so work up with other people not believing in rumors?

are we suppose to believe in rumors just a little now?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
  9. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

10. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    You’re trying to make it seem like I said believe every rumor that comes out or else. No one said nor implied that, all I said was that considering past experiences with the last 2 seasons, no one should just shut down rumors just because there isn’t a source, and to instead just take it with a grain of salt. Like I said, this is yesterday’s news.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The feels when my favourite visuals in kpop are Twice’s 4 foreign girls lol. Do not find Irene pretty at all and most Korean idol visuals are a bit overrated. Suzy, Yoona and Nana are all super gorgeous though

To be fair on average I feel kpop idols have better visuals than Jpop as their aesthetic standards are higher. So many 48s would need dental work done...

Then again I like girls with sharper, more defined features (Jurina, Tzuyu, Nana) whereas both Japan/Korea have a hard on for softer looks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

right, but there is no source, so why should we believe it? it's like palm readings and fortune telling, if it comes true then great, if not then whatever it's up to the person to believe in that stuff
    so there's nothing wrong with people just out right dismissing the rumors

what you're saying is for people to believe in the rumor just because a few of them were right in the past

in the past if the rumors got too out of hand, the producers of the show themselves would release an official statement to shut everyone up because they're all too impatient to wait for the show to start

• Like Like x 1
  13. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Considering the show will be targeted to Japanese audiences as well this time, I could definitely see the ratings being higher than even P101 s2

Btw I hope BananaLemon goes on P48

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Elena

Elena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Oh, okay.
    That's why.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

don't know about no use, but

is it better to dismiss something that is most likely going to be false or or believe something that is most likely to be false?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Twice48

Twice48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I said no use because neither of us are going to change our viewpoints. So it’s best to just move on from that topic when we all moved on

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I live in Tokyo and go to a private university with a lot of rich, fashionable kids [hehe] And we do have plenty of girls who are AKB-level cute (in fact, iirc, at least 2 ex-AKB members have/are studying at our uni)... That being said... I don't see a bad thing with idols "looking like ordinary girls".

And of course, there are some differences among idols as well... I'm not saying that just because she's my oshi, but whenever I mention Jurina to some Japanese person (who isn't necessarily an AKB fan) they go like "oh she's sooo beautiful!". On the other hand, someone like Sasshi (who I personally also really like) might not get such reaction. At best, people might compliment her nice body. But in terms of face, you see Sasshi-level girls all the time in Japan, and not just my university. Not saying it's a bad thing though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Matsui Hikari

SPILL THE TEA

• Like Like x 1
  19. welp

welp Next Girls

If you exclude top 10% of 48's visuals out, it's easy to find prettier girls in Thailand or Vietnam. BNK girls are just average to below average for Thai entertainment industry standard.

Wishing K-netz to not bashing the look is like wishing the moon to rise in the west.

Pick Me is iconic has been a signature of the show, it should be kept but with new remix. I believe the trend will change before the show starts.

Duh, entertainment world is heavily plastic, this is universal truth, not limited to Korea. The difference is Japanese tends to do it subtly, more natural looking. Your nose won't get pointier or your eye won't grow drastically bigger with age or make up.

The rating is measured domestically. so tens millions viewers from China and Japan won't be counted. In my opinion, non-48 affiliating J-pop singers highly likely won't be in the show.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I think it will be a completely new song, like pick me 48 or something as the theme song, they'll prob perform it as a mission I would think

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1