--

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by rka, Apr 14, 2018.

1. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    can't believe i lowered Ponytail to Shushu's mean score by giving it a 9 [hehe]

edit:where to post age?

3. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Done, my lowest score was 5 for Namida Surprise. For me something below 5 its something i wouldn't be able to listen without ripping my own ears first, but there is no akb a-side that fits that description. I also gave Teacher Teacher a 5, but we haven't listened to the full song yet so might not be my final score.

4. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    If I only fill up for one of the groups is fine, right?

Btw, I did it based on the single overall, not only the A-side. Did I miss the point?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  5. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    i just finished myself~ kind of cool to know the mean and other shit associated with our rankings.

I just did it for that song alone cause u can see Teacher Teacher is an option and we haven't heard the b-sides yet.

6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Why can I never remember what Chance no Junban sounds like? I can remember singles I utterly hate more than that song.

7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Why are people rating Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008 differently from Sakura no Hanabiratachi? It's the same song?

I can only remember it's intro and its chorus. For Tsubasa wa Iranai I can't even remember the chorus.

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Probably because they had the nerve to release the same song twice and because of the scandal with the release.

I watched the video for CnJ and was tapping my feet or whatever and thinking it's not too bad, then it finished and I'd forgotten it already. Green Flash is a song I can't stand but still I remember stretches of it but CnJ is just so blah it falls right down the memory hole.

9. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    It seems like I am such a s***er for AKB48 music...

10. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    CnJ has a positive atmosphere in it. I prefer CnJ than Suzukake, which is a tasteless bubbly song.

11. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Well IDK I'm voting based on the music alone so I gave them the same score.

I get what you mean. I feel like Ue Kara Mariko and Sukinanda also fall in the same category. Pleasant but not memorable. They're like b-side quality imo.

12. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Added my rating of sister group singles (if I follow that sister group). Though is that Love Crescendo song really considered an SKE single????

I don't know what everyone else bases their ratings on, but for the record, I mostly based mine on the A-side song, sometimes the choreography if I remember it, and not anything else (MVs, B-sides, senbatsu/centre, etc.). The only exception being Sakura no Habiratachi 2008 because I really don't need the same song twice, especially when MV/senbatsu are not that important for me. lol

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I accidentally deleted a title, but rewrote it when I noticed. :fear:

I'm kinda surprised Ponytail is the highest.
    I like it, but I still find it inferior to Katyusha.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    honestly they're like the same song to me lol. Similar style and quality. Manatsu always stood out to me as a summer song cause it just had such a distinct sound (same with Labrador-R). A little ashamed to say this as an AKB fan - judge away lol - but during a concert and IDK what song is playing cause I missed the little card-notification I don't know if it's ponytail or Everyday playing until like the chorus happens lol. I rarely listen to these songs, but I've heard Manatsu and Labrador on repeat for years now lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    I'm not surprised because I've seen many fans (not limited to stage48) saying Ponytail is their favourite mizuki single. I also get the impression that while both Ponytail and Katyusha are often overplayed in AKB concerts/performances, Ponytail is even slightly more so, so I guess it is indeed the more popular song...

I've heard from someone very into music theory that Katyusha has a relatively 'unusual' sound because of its use of chromatic and octave intervals, so it may sound 'strange' to some people... On the other hand Ponytail is the epitome of pop composition. But I haven't really looked into the music scores of AKB songs myself, so I can't 100% verify that.

Anyway... hi my dear Katyusha > Ponytail minority fellow. XD

I differentiate them from the opening.

Ponytail = piano (even easier if they drag out a member to actually play on the piano)
    Katyusha = string(?) though the string at the end is the best (THE reason that I gave it a 10). I get salty whenever they cut it >(
    Manatsu = brass(?) like, really loud brass... I like the song a lot, but I often have to turn the volume down when it plays lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

For me I rate Ponyshushu > Ebikachuu too. Ponyshushu has a lot of depth in it's production. The musical introduction with the grand piano and the transition into something so bright and sparkly makes me picture myself running out of school after music class to the beach so as to chase after my dream girl's ponytail. There's something very epic and romantic about the last chorus as well, it makes me feel like youth is slipping through my fingers and I'm just desperately trying to hold on to it, hoping that my innocent love lasts forever. Ebikachuu is just like oh fun day at the beach but Sayokuro does it better imo.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I agree with you completely, there's a lot of hooks in Ponyshu. Plus there's a lot of rise and fall in the beat, it's not the same four on the floor beat through the song. The alternating vocal lines in the chorus are very well arranged too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I filled out the form, after sscrla

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Filled out the form after Cristafari.

I found that interesting just to see how each year changed for me, and whether I had a streak of favourites (turns out I do).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Suii

Suii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    Done. :cool:
    Nice idea btw. :3
    I had to rehear some songs because I keep forgetting them (like tsubasa wa...).