Sugai Yuuka (Yukka) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Tiberius

Tiberius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I'm impressed your writing and thoughts about Sugai. It's literally great article and I feel the same way. I'm impressed her life style and her motivation cuz she wants to change herself. I guess she wants to be true rich apart from money or financial case. She may be low self-esteemed but in important case like MC things she can change her fear to do hard for this group. I guess position of captain is full of sacrifices. Cuz i didn't see captain is in also center position(execpt their graduation single). I wonder Yuuka couldn't be center too.

2. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Yuuka being center or not is a though question. She has overcome her shyness to help Keyakizaka but not to the point to attract audience attention and shine.

To be center, you need to stand out, and Yuuka nature doesn't converge that way. She's more like a solid pillar to me that helps the base being strong.

But who knows? A W center with Akanen in a B side would be a great start to see if things can change. The group has a bright future ahead of him if they keep strong release.

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

For the moment, let's just see if they try her in the front row. (Double) centre on a coupling song is also a possibility. But she isn't really a singer, I don't think. However, as far as the general public is concerned (as opposed to idol fans), she may now be the second-best known member of Keyakizaka.

Those offshots from the Weekly Young Magazine photoshoot, from her blog, that were posted by @Babyshiba on the previous page are really something. Be sure to click the thumbnails to see the full-size pics.

She has her own varieties of gap moe: rich and elegant but a bit ponkotsu, well-spoken but with a bit of a speech impediment, strong and regal but a bit insecure.

4. Tiberius

Tiberius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I guess there are few captain who have become center at the same time in 46 or 48.(Sayanee and Sasshi) I hope sugai needs to break through it. and I agree that she is a little bit ponkotsu, insecure and low self-esteem.

5. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I think she may somewhat become the next Sakurai: the attractive but ponkotsu captain, yet never centered a single. Sakurai and Sugai-sama are both likeable but not enough to push them to center.
    I like her chemistry with Nen but I don't think they're powerful enough to WCenter.
    ... I feel divided... I don't want Techi to center any more singles, but I can't think about anyone else good enough to center...

6. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I don't think she has low self esteem, her willingness to be the Keya spokesperson and taking part in a national show jumping competition with no prior experience and limited practice show plenty of confidence. I think what we view as low self esteem is rather the traditional Japanese value of modesty. Based on her speaking style it seems that Sugai doesn't just come from money, but she comes from old money.

7. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Yuukanen is sadly not going to work out as A-side center, but i think the two of them could work as a unit / duo.
    Plus, i think Yuuka has said that she wanted to try forming a band within Keyaki? She could be the band leader

8. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    lol, yuukanen would definitely work as an A-side center. Not to mention they're good at promoting. Yuuka being modest or shy and saying something funny/cute while nen is a pro. They compliment each other nicely I think~

EDIT: oh and sugai was announced Captain with nen vice captain lol

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  9. fujimiko

fujimiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Sugai-sama as Keyaki46 Captain !!!! Congratulation !!!

10. SRyuuji

SRyuuji Kenkyuusei

congrats being official Captain :)

11. Aozora

Aozora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Wow they made it official? I'm so happy! Congratulations Sugai sama and Akanen! :1st::inlove::cry2:

12. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

congratulation to ours new captain:flower: full horse power this year:blush:

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's a translation of Yukka's blog post on becoming captain. She's just as you would expect: modest, courteous, well-organized, determined. She says that until she joined K46, she was a follower, not a leader, always doubting her own abilities. But with this appointment, she will be hesitant no longer: she will go forward relying on the members and on her own strength. Kind of a thrilling post, really.

14. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Thank you for the translation!
    In the showroom i lost count of how many times she said "thank you", "yoroshiku", and probably a few times she said "Is it okay to be me?" but then

She said that she'll change herself to become stronger! To be someone who the members can rely upon!

It will take time, but it is thrilling to see what kind of person Kyapputen Yuuka grow to be by the end of this year

15. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

From showroom
    Nen : did you ever going overseas?
    Yukka : only Hawaii and Guam
    Nen : I see

Wow.I'm imagining sugai-sama on beach wearing bikini

• Like Like x 1
  16. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@x_AozoraKataomoi_x -- Fate. Mystery upon mystery, lol. Wells of fragrance. Very nice.

No-one who can't read this already may be interested, but I can't stop myself from explaining: the "i" and "ka" in Sakurai Reika and in Sugai Yuuka are the same kanjis, with meanings (not that the meanings matter here) of a well (the i) and fragrant (the ka).

Lots of great comments in that linked page. Some saying what a precious photo it is. One saying how much passion there is in Sugai's post. Another that he/she almost cried reading it. Some pointing out that Reika, Sugai and Akanen are all ojou-sama, daughters of well-to-do or upper-class families. That does seem appropriate for the Sakamichi groups, I have to say.

I also can't help posting the photo here, for those who don't get to the links:

mobvPVCsc_640.jpg

18. Aozora

Aozora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I just watched the new keyabingo episode and although I somewhat knew she could understand english and utter a few words, I was surprised on how well she spoke. Even the pronunciation is an A+ in my book. Sasuga Sugai sama! :inlove:

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Really. Her English was good. Very serviceable.

Keyakizaka Matome has published some great photos from her first solo gravure, in Bubka magazine around a year ago. She's still the same person, but with more confidence and idol-skill now, I think.

20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I regret to say though I really don't believe it.
    Bingo is typically very scripted anyway so it's hard to believe she's not just reading a script.