Takoyaki Party - NMB48 Podcasts

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by joooooooooe, Aug 21, 2014.

1. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    spam everything everywhere

if the video does not show watch the video here

Audio-only link: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/kdql7un2o2u6dxc/Takoyaki_Party!_NMB_Podcast_#022.mp3

I. News
    Major News
    -Sakipi announces graduation
    -Emichi announces that she’s taking academic leave
    -How does SY stack up to other 48G photobooks?
    -NMB48 Documentary update
    -Azusa on G+

Fluff
    -Saepii birthday stage
    -Fukuyama Masaharu to cover Zetsumetsu Kurokami Shoujo
    -Nana already visiting backstage
    -Milky announces she wants to get her driver’s license
    -Aapon in another B2 stage
    -Fake out Chuba on Twitter

Subbed stuff
    -Konomin Article

II. Ki ni Naru - Our favorite members of the week!
    -Joe: Jo and Fuuchan
    -Soymilk: Just Fuuchan

2. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I think @moomookan has it right. The reason that there's a disproportionate amount of M fans right now is because M is the only team that "survived" the shuffle. I used to be a B2 fan but I barely even watch their stages anymore since its just not the same.

Nishino Nanase never even got close to Sayaka's photobook sales so I don't know where soy milk got that.

Fukuyama Masaharu is arguably the biggest Japanese movie/TV star right now (certainly in the top 3 with Kimutaku and Sakai Masato) and he's talked about being a fan of ZetsuKuro for a long time. I think they even mentioned it on HEYx3 or Music Station once. In his last album, he apparently tried to cover ZetsuKuro acoustically but he said he couldn't do it.

Does translating magazine articles actually work in spreading the word? I always thought of them as fluff and didn't think anyone ever bothered.

3. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    There's definitely more M fans on my twitter but then the people I follow is hardly a good sample as there is plenty of people who I don't follow.
    For me, most of my favourite members are in M so that would make me a fan of M above the other 2 teams, however I really do not like RESET. I cannot wait until they change stage (IF they ever do, and providing its not to A6)

Depends the member I guess, if its Sayamirukii yes, it will get traction. If its anyone else, it probably gets a magnitude less of interest.

4. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Depends on the article too. Fluff articles probably work for SayaMilky. I liked this Konomin article because it gives a little more insight into her character than most people know, especially regarding her lack of self-confidence.

I didn't really read this article before translating, but just like when I sub MCs and stuff I try to find something actually good. I wouldn't just translate any article or subtitle any MC.

5. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Oh dear, the Yuipon comment.

And the source of that WAS teppen radio. Jeez guys.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  6. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    This reminds me that Shu and Milky talked about TGSK on TEPPEN, of course. Its quite old news too, I think. The latest guest is Riripon and it was 2 Akarin weeks before this.

7. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

if the video does not show watch the video here

Takoyaki Party Episode #023

Audio-only Link: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/c7ded7kjjz8tkv2/Takoyaki_Party!_NMB_Podcast_#023.mp3

I. News
    Major News
    -Takano Yui announces graduation
    -Possible cross-team appearances?
    -Kinoshita Momoka returns?
    -Aika leaving in the middle of a stage
    -Jonishi Kei and Furuhata Nao locked in a 755 contest for UTB
    -Kotani Riho, Ota Yuuri and Takahashi Juri locked in a 755 for BOMB

Fluff news
    -Sayaka training on Viking
    -Paruru endorsing Riichan and Akarin
    -SMAP's Tsuyoshi grabbing Sayaka?
    -Umechan, Chiho birthday stages

II. Ki ni Naru - Our favorite members of the week!
    -DJ Soymilk: Sayaka
    -Joe: Genkai Toppa crew, Aika

III. Joe talks about crap

8. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Its a shame you guys are going to stop, I realise it never quite worked out the way you planned and that the % of potential listeners was always going to be fairly small (the 48 international fandom being small, the nmb specific section being much smaller and the % of those who'd listen a podcast even smaller again) but for what its worth I always tried to listen every time you uploaded. Usually on my lunchbreak at work the day you uploaded to youtube, and found the back and forth you guys had quite enjoyable.
    Hopefully once you guys are settled into your new situations you'll maybe consider doing one off podcasts for larger events, anniversary, election etc.

9. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

It's too bad you guys are planning on stopping--I feel like it's kinda hard to get the regular news about NMB if you don't speak Japanese. Do you have any recommendations?

Also "Speculation Station" is too good of a name waste, guys. lol

btw I'm in Alhambra.

10. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Da party never stapppppps

11. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

:banana:

12. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    wouldst thou liketh to hangeth out

13. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

If you don't mind the company of a total 48G noob. lol

14. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Only if u dont quit idols Joe. The day will eventually come when I see yo filipino face.

15. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    hasn't stopped me from hanging out with @moomookan hoho

things are pretty busy, but i'll let you know when we have one of the bigger meets. a lot of times we just sit around and play boardgames and tell dumb jokes.

you only like me for my like of idols omg why so superficial inception dream within a dream

I don't remember if I said this on air or when I was talking to soymilk after, but I think the podcast finally settled down in a direction that I was pretty happy with. It wasn't where I originally wanted to take it, but it serves its purpose and if anything I just wanted to let people know that news is happening and cool stuff is happening every week, every day and it's fun to keep up with if you can.

I was also having dinner with another friend yesterday and I think I was talking about how in real life, it's really rare that I actually talk about this stuff with other fans. I won't be like "Hey, have you checked out Aika lately? She said she liked yakiniku on her blog and can eat the portion of 10 people of cow tongue!" In terms of conversation it's actually quite boring. So initially when I started the podcast I expected feedback and people getting involved and talking about it and what not, but when I think about it, it's really just something you put on in the background, maybe think about some of the news or the points we brought up and look it up on your own.

So yeah, kinda funny how I like where it ended up even if it was nothing I envisioned. It's also funny how none of our "characters" were ever really fleshed out. I never sat down with soymilk and thought "Oh, you're the boke, and I'm the tsukkomi." People would take to certain parts of our characters and we'd just build on it.

16. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

Sure, sounds good. What part of town do you usually meet up at? SGV? Westside? Downtown? Just in case I need to prepare myself for a long drive. Lol

17. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    because we got busy all of a sudden and no more time to do this, no more takoyaki party. that was the last episode. thanks for listening, everyone.

18. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    :cold: Well, that's unfortunate. Thanks for giving us this podcast at any rate. I really enjoyed it.

19. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

But what about Speculation Station? Lol

20. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Boooooo

But then again, I could always just hang out with you two and get my own personal Takoyaki Party. Perks of living in SoCal.