Takoyaki Party - NMB48 Podcasts

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by joooooooooe, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Sucks to hear you guys got too busy to continue. You went into some uncharted territory to make one of these and it was probably a lot of work. All I can say to that kinda effort is お疲れ to be honest.

2. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    otsukareeeee. now where will i hear ppl go "our buddy Andy" Q_Q

3. aezea

aezea Stage48 Designer

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    aezea48
    Oh. I wondered why there was no new episode.
    Really late joining the party, but it was a lot of fun while it lasted.

Made this last week for the pre-election last ep :(
    takoyaki4.jpg

4. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

Let's all make Joe come out of retirement like Eriko Jo when she came back after graduating--at least for one pre-election episode. lulz

5. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    So, 5 months later...

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

^why wait for a miracle when you can make one, lel.

7. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    I'm excited that this is resurging haha. I'll take a proper listen after I get home!

8. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    About MBN, I'm just gonna comment that regardless of what they did for this single, whether or not it was a 9-nin senbatsu or a bigger one, I think they were expecting a drop in sales anyway. As pointed out, it comes out very close to AKB's releases which is not helping their situation at all. There's that as well as Durian Shounen being the "bikini single" which pretty much sells the most every year. So like even if handshake sales and what not are looking shitty now, I personally wouldn't be too worried. But I do understand the worries though. But it's pretty clear they didn't make a decision like this to get a high increase in sales or to satisfy most wota desires like they usually do.

I think the girls themselves have said as well this time, the aim of the single is to reach a bigger audience, and yeah as I shared in the MBN thread, I do hope it's as they seem to be portraying it to be, a long term project.

Like at least doing something new and fresh like this regularly, like if not every single, once a year or something like that. That's why I look at it as an investment for their long term future. Regardless whether or not people agree or not, if you talk to any non-48 fan, to them the 48groups are there but slowly dying off, becoming irrelevant and boring. You can argue that this is not important for the 48groups who always depended on their fans to survive anyway/being popular among the fans they already have. But that means they need to do a lot to retain fans which is extremely hard work in itself if they're not gaining enough new ones.

Also, think about it. If NMB is known to be like the funniest/most interesting 48group because of Yoshimoto and comedy and what not, out of all the 48s, if people start to regard them as irrelevant and boring, this sounds harsh but tbh, they might as well not exist. Not when they have their identity banked on that very aspect. So like sales may drop now, but if they're able to establish their identity in general public as the unpredictable idol group without a fixed pattern and is constantly challenging new things, this will keep their relevance and interest for at least a while more. Or at least I think that's the plan. I think they have the intention to not just last but stay relevant for awhile longer, so we can only hope things work out for them lol.

P.S. in fast dancey Kpop idol songs, they are able to do their crazy fangirl chants, so I don't see why wotas can't do it with MBN. They just need to be innovative and create new ones. That's the whole point of this though. Okay maybe not so much of that. But the whole idea of: "Oh idols don't do this, or fans of idols won't be able to feel pumped up to this or that."

Random examples of both Kpop boyband and Kpop girl group. But what did you say about no fanchants in Kpop songs? :p

But yeah back to that, why the heck must there be so much restrictions? If we're gonna forever stick to these conventions, then really NMB will really just be another stereotypical idol group with no identity whatsoever. In the end of the day, people are never going to be comfortable with change. People may need time to get used to this whole idea, but I think it's necessary. As sometimes without change, it's impossible to move forward.

They look like they're intending to break down all these walls, so I'll personally be supporting it and I'm excited to see what more they have to offer in the future.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  9. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    I can understand why Joe thinks MBN is little bit harder to mix with and in some sense yes I agree, if we're talking about recycling the idol mixes we usually do. If we're talking about just simply mixing with the song, it's not relli any harder as everyone have mentioned, considering they alrdy did half of the job for us...

(Heyyy) 閉ざされてた (Heyyy) 闇の中で (Heyyy) 探すものは (Heyyy).....

(Must be Now) 行かなきゃ (Must be Now) 今すぐ..

then just do the same for (Need to go) ( Just do it)

Yo, I'm ready to rock this 5th anniv brotas!

10. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @Sakuraism Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.
    And don't forget to sing along to the "Uh uh uh uh oh" parts too lol.

11. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Episode 2, where we discuss 5th Anniversary!

12. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Episode 3, where we talk about... well, nothing really.
    I guess you should only listen if you like me and/or Julia.

13. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

you should definitely listen if you like twintails

14. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
  15. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

16. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Honestly, I'm pretty indifferent to them. It's not a style that suits all girls, which is partially why I was so annoyed by the whole concept with the single to begin with. But I also don't think of it in a lolicorn sense either. I do find it funny how there's like a de facto twintails guy in Japan who runs a twintails page that had Miru on it once or something, haha.

And I thought Japan Girls' Expo was just an idol festival that had some girly stuff. (shrug)

17. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

So we finally did another episode. We go over the slew of graduations, upcoming 5th generation auditions, and the Live House Tour. Special guest: @Snowman81

Next episode doesn't have a set date, but will probably be after @joooooooooe attends the Live House concert days he won. Enjoy~

18. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    We recount our experiences at the Live House Tour, with special guest @Sakuraism

19. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    I liked your speech at the end, it was moving and I can concur, at least in a "not being there for the concerts" sort of way.

The Andi-gets-hyped-for-everything is just ribbing, but I will say that when he first made the comment about the medley, I was feeling pretty moody about the show in general with it being the first performance without Kanakichi, trying to piece together emotions in that way blah blah blah, so I didn't really think a lot of it or anything regarding the show in general.

But I'm glad everything turned out great in respects to the tour, especially in there being a stream I could use to form my own opinion. I watched the single performance first and think I tweeted something like it frustrated me, but I meant more about loneliness. It just made me think about how Kanakichi wasn't there anymore and the single senbatsu is where I've always noticed her missing most.

So having that stream was a big deal for me as well. Those opening team performances were wonderful and the Kawakaminshi performance pretty much cemented that yeah, my love for NMB runs deeper than my oshi's involvement in the group and I'm thankful to be able to share it with everyone, at least in the areas I do. It's what I needed to help give me that confidence to move forward with NMB especially in areas I was unsure on.

Both shows were wonderful, the BII medley was definitely the highlight, Funassyi sucks, and I'll not take Andi's hype for granted in the future lol.

As for Nandeyanen, I'm fine with however they want to do it especially if Haruna is choosing the second member, but I'm not sad they didn't perform it on the final two shows.

20. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    We need to do an Around the Horn style podcast once