Movie / DVD Documentary of HKT48: Ozaki Shihainin ga Naita Yoru (16/01/29)

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 22, 2014.

1. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  3. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

finally!
    but still 2 months to wait...

4. Slimestack

Slimestack Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Finally! Although I literally just paid for Sashiko Du Soleil about 1 minute before seeing the news, so I'll have to wait a while before deciding if I'm going to get this.

5. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Anyone knows where to get the complete edition for the documentary? Checked Amazon JP and they only have the special edition.

6. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
  7. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

8. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    Please, someone sub this Documentary PLEASE!!!
    I read in some places, that Sasshi do a great job with this and its not the typical Docu
    (sorry the bad english)

9. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    There are already plans in the works for it to be eng-subbed. I know Bluementaiko has committed to it, if nobody else picks it up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SoothingEarthDragon

SoothingEarthDragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    I watched it in theaters. I went the opening week and there were only a few other people in the entire theater. And this was in the busiest area in Fukuoka. Well... it.... wasn't as good at previous AKB48 documentaries.

There were things to learn.... but the fact that you are a fan of Haruka, I don't think you want to see a lot of those things. She comes across as ultra competitive, selfish and bitter in the documentary in a way I think you never would have imagined her otherwise. Never had I had the slightest inkling of these things before watching it, but after seeing the candid footage of her acting these ways.... well, it is a lot easier to see those things now.

Granted-- if you are obsessed with her to the point that she can do no wrong, I guess it can't hurt.... rather, I am guessing it will make you hate Meru, Mio and Sakura.

11. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

lol

Maybe you aren't familiar with Haruppi's "struggle". All of this is well known. It was the source of fan disputes for years. You're behind the times. Sure, her antis said all kinds of things about her, but plenty of fans who weren't Haruppi oshis in particular sympathized with her.

But what do I know, I think Haruppi can do no wrong. :eek:)

12. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    haha c'mon dude, you know you didn't see that movie in theaters. the only thing you saw was the trailer just like the rest of us.

13. SoothingEarthDragon

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    I certainly had no idea before 6 months ago and I saw the movie. It has footage from when the first CDs senbatsu was called, when Meru was named center she started crying and ran off to the manager to try to get him to change it. And the documentary highly implies that she was being pretty cold to Meru ever since. Mio and Sakura also give their opinions about it and it is clear that Mio is on Meru's side and Sakura is sort of... neutral.

Haruka also got really grouchy about only being the center of undergirls in the sousenkyo last year.

The format, really... half of it is sit down interviews and of that most of the time is spent with Sakura, Haruka, Mio, Meru, Nako and Miku. The interviews are mostly in cafes, though Nako's is done at her home, though you never see her family. Really, you only see Nako's room and not much time is spent there. Only Murashige's family is seen in the movie and that is a maybe 2 minute scene in which Anna says almost nothing. You get the impression that they probably talked for a while, but only them sitting down getting ready to talk was in the movie. There are a few moments of others one-on-one interviews as well, done backstage for the most part, but they tend to be short-- no more than 2 minutes out of the movie while there are pretty long segments with the listed 6 just talking at length.

There were also talks with each generation beyond those members-- sort of "miscellaneous 1st gen, miscellaneous 2nd gen, miscellaneous 3rd gen, and 2nd draft members. Yamamoto Mao also got a bit of time, though alone. You get the impression that she called them pretty abruptly and unexpectedly for these meetings. The second gen draft girls didn't really even have a meeting so much as it seems like she just walked up to them at a handshake event venue and started asking them some questions.

The other third of the movie is interspliced with these interviews-- old footage that wasn't taken for this documentary unless this was planned since HKT48's inception. I think most of this footage had never been seen before, but maybe it had.

The rest, what is meant to be the major storyline of the movie (well, it is brought up in the beginning and the end) was Sakaguchi Riko's entry into the senbatsu with interviews with a couple of her biggest fans and Ueno Haruka being chosen as center for the movie's song. The later involved Ueno peeking in on the senbatsu members on the stage and saying they were wonderful, but also making it clear she didn't believe she would ever get to be in a senbatsu. So at the end of the movie when she is named center, it is meant to carry some meaning except... well... you don't really see Ueno during the entire rest of the movie beyond a few snippets and none of it emphasizes her hard work.

And the title itself, about the manager crying... it happens, but I can hardly recall exactly why he does. It kind of came out of no where with nothing in particular really leading up to or causing it.

I feel that it all came across as more disjointed than the previous AKB48 documentaries I have seen with a lot less backstage footage and while in previous ones when you got something that happened backstage, you would get their reactions on the spot as the cameraman would ask a question and they would answer, in this case the backstage footage was of the sort where they acted like the cameras weren't there and when you had someone talk about something it was often months or years later.

I guess the real issue is that I wanted to see a lot more footage of the events they did during the year and if the movie was going to revolve so much about Rikoppi and Ueno, it should have done more to make me care about either of them-- instead, I wasn't much invested. Also, my favorite didn't get much screen time and what was there felt like it used what was surely the wrong part of the interview (it seemed more designed to get her sisters over).

Much like Haruka kind of comes off as a bit of a jerk, all one would learn about Anna in the scene in her house is that she is sad she isn't as popular as she used to be. There are other things in the old footage though. Because she was the first person to introduce herself to Mariko and the first one to introduce herself to Nako and Miku and during that whole movie "climax" when Rikoppi gets into the senbatsu and everyone is celebrating, there is a shot of Nao and Anna looking absolutely miserable and Nao breaks down crying and Anna hugs her.

It is the next scene when they announce it on stage and the Rikoppi fans who are in the beginning of the movie rooting for her in the senbatsu and such, one in particularly got a lot of focus (more than most HKT members got in the movie), began crying like crazy.

Actually... weirdly enough... they did spoil something. You know how everyone always acts shocked when there is a senbatsu announcement on stage and they react like they are surprised by hearing their name as if they don't know the result? Apparently that is entirely fake! Because they reveal that were told who was going to be in the Melon Juice and Shekarashika! senbatsu members a couple days before it was even announced on stage as part of a meeting.

Just think about this-- it means that when Matsuoka Hana was suddenly announced as center and began crying in front of everyone... it was just for show. Everyone knew 2-3 days earlier about this, but everyone still acted like it was a surprise on the stage... It certainly makes me wonder what other things they are told about in advance and their seemingly genuine spontaneous reactions are just for show. Does everyone know about their sousenkyo rank before the first person is even called? Do they know they are being transferred or being a kenin before it gets called?

I saw it back in February or March (I forget which) at the theater on the top floor of Tenjin Solaria plaza. The place with the Love FM radio booth in the front.

In fact, here is a picture of the cellphone strap I bought when I went there to see the movie which you could only get if you actually went to the theater and saw the movie right next to this post of yours.

Mod note: oversized photo (which also seemed to be a dead link) removed)

Now, you could try to rationalize away and claim I bought this exclusive cellphone strap from someone in an online auction... but the idea that I purchased an exclusive cellphone strap from an online auction for a movie I am saying was disappointing and just happened to have it on hand to put it up this quickly...?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  14. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

You have no way of knowing if they were told the most recent senbatsu ahead of time even if they were told before previous single announcements.

This, among many other reasons, is an example of why you lack credibility. You take a past event and assume it applies across the board to all similar future events. It doesn't. At best you can say, "due to this past event, I wonder if-" or "it may be possible that they knew prior to announcement." But no. You go on and state it as matter of certainty.

Ugh.

15. SoothingEarthDragon

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Why would they suddenly change the format?
    And, honestly... even though we are shown that Meru got told a couple days in advance that she was going to be the center of Melon Juice (only to be immediately made to feel shitty about it because of Haruka), did she not act just as surprised when it was announced on stage?

If it is demonstrably true that the first single ever and the last single before the documentary came out were in fact announced to the members days before the official announcement on stage and in both cases the girls acted surprised when they were told... why would you be in denial that this was also true every single time in between unless it was made explicitly clear that these two times were complete exceptions?

Furthermore, does it seem MORE likely or LESS likely that once you understand how something works, that is the way it works. The way it always works. That it is just the way they do things.

So why exactly are you denying there is any possibility that the answer that has the most evidence could possibly be the answer? Just because YOU want this one single time out of all the times to be the single exception ever?

Its like you go by a bakery on Tuesday and you see they have strawberry tarts there. Several weeks later, you go there on Tuesday and see they have strawberry tarts. Nobody acts or notes or suggests that this is something wildly unusual or a special occasion or holiday or otheriwse out of the ordinary for there to be strawberry tart on Tuesday. And so I conclude that they must make strawberry tarts on Tuesday, but you insist that on this Tuesday there could not possibly be any strawberry tarts at the bakery and you will therefore be shocked beyond all rational thought if there are.

16. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Seems like a lot of people don't want to believe the way the documentary portrayed Haruppi in a way that could be interpreted negatively. God people are delusional.

Also, in the SKE documentary you can also see that senbatsu and coupling song lineups are announced behind the scenes. It is possible that sometimes management wouldn't tell them in advance and release the lineup, but I feel like that's super rare. But like, that doesn't mean Hana's reaction to being center was fabricated. Being in an atmosphere where she's encouraged to show more emotion (aka being in front of fans) probably led to her being more moved by the affirmation that she will center the upcoming single. but again, that's not something even worth arguing about.

What kind of reach. Jesus christ.

First of all, why do you even care? It's pretty clear by the user's description that they clearly are familiar with the entire plot of the movie and most likely saw it. Once again, a reach in order to try to deny whatever the user says.

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

lmao this thread.

I love that they made Haruppi look like a b*tch. I love me some drama. :^O^:

GIMME THAT DVD NOW!

18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Could be. I read your post as still in disbelief of one part and contempt over another part. Am I correct?

19. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I am getting a little tired of some of the overreaction every time @SoothingEarthDragon posts. You guys need to calm down. If you disagree, that's fine. State your opinion and then perhaps a cnversation can take place. But I am not going to tolerate the insults. On the other hand....

@SoothingEarthDragon , there is an air of condescension and self-perceived superiority in many of your posts. Not all, some. Perhaps you might want to re-read your copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" . There's a reason you get some of the reaction you receive on this forum.

I also saw this Documentary in the theater (Toho Shinjuku) I don't see much in SED's review that I felt was "inaccurate". Although I disagreed with his/her earlier opinions regarding the scene with Murashige's family. But yes, part of the film shows how competitive and jealous some of the top members can become. None of which should surprise anybody unless you are under the delusion that these idols and their personas are completely indicative of what they are like in "real life". And no, I do not believe Haruppi has cornered the market on this type of behavior. I'm sure most of the members have moments like these behind the scenes. My main issue with the documentary was that I thought it dragged on a bit too long.

My favorite part? Tani's cameo during the Iichan graduation scenes.

Bottom line, if you don't like what SED is posting, then ignore them. But we've had just about enough of of the flame wars.

20. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    This is Showbiz, expect more things to be "fake" than not. Certainly no one would think that Management didn't talk with the members transfered to JKT or SNH before it happened right? ;)
    That doesn't mean every reaction on stage is totally fake, it might just be the moment something hits a member hard again. Since the official announcement makes things real and unchangeable.

And if you think a group like this is a peaceful happy family, without members competing with each other heavily and even disliking each other behind stage, then I have bridge I would like to sell you.