Alice Project

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Sadia23, Apr 3, 2014.

1. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Thanks for that response Sadia23, as always we all enjoy your perspective on such things as it helps us see beyond our own outlook (helps us to grow & learn as international fans), and I find your words always quite enlightening. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your insight & expertise. :D

Anna will always be my oshi. :cute:

It's because of you & the friends on this board that I was able to enjoy the live experience on so many new levels. Can't wait to go back! <3 Thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  2. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

No worries my friend. I welcome all points of view and a friendly discussion revolving around our shared interest is a great way to learn and evolve. Attracting fans from differing backgrounds and offering multiple reasons for supporting their concept is a testament to their overall appeal. I'll do my best to address a few of your points and I hope we can continue to have friendly interactions in the future.

I'm not really into idols, I'm into music. The idol part of the AP product is just a bonus. Without a solid musical foundation,everything else is just fluff.

Of course, unfortunately some get absorbed into the idol culture and lose sight of the initial musical attraction. That path is up to the individual to decide for themselves.

I completely understand how that would occur, but that is the nature of the business, however change can often be good for the whole and be an improvement.

I have chosen not become that involved with the cultural aspect beyond the music.
    Therefore, not allowing myself to become attached on any emotional level other than the high I receive via my eardrums.

Exactly my point. This is the path I have chosen.
    I understand completely that you have chosen to have a deeper connection with the members via social media and personal interactions on many visits and I'm sure they appreciate all your support. Fortunately I'm able to achieve a high level of satisfaction and enjoyment even from afar.

I've had former fans offer to sell me autographed merchandise that they obviously cherished at one time, seemingly to completely remove any memory of their once favorite group/girl.

Indeed. I'm well aware of the former disgruntled members and fans.
    Also fans of other groups (and certain blogsites) that just hate on them for no good reason. But the reality of the entertainment industry as a whole suggests that if you don't have a certain amount of detractors your not visible enough. There isn't one artist in the world that doesn't have its share of negative feedback.As KJ's popularity increases, so does the backlash. It's just part of being in the public eye.The only way to avoid any criticism is to stay so far underground that you only are a niche artist. Besides I gave up long ago worrying about what other people think of my personal choices, especially musical choices.

Again, change is the nature of the industry and I will say that doesn't have to be necessarily be a bad thing. If things stay the same for a long enough period of time, fans often have a similar reaction and call it stagnant or stale, and in turn leave for that reason. It's just not possible to please everyone, all the time.
    However musically, regardless of the members performing live, the songs remain unchanged.I understand some slight alterations and overdubs occur as a new member is added in some cases, but does Zenkai Hero sound any different now, when performed live, than it did with the original recording and performance? Does it sound any different when Armor Girls perform it? No. That's a huge plus for a music fan, as the sound is always consistent. Contrast that to what happens when singers change in a traditional 4 piece band. Often the change is very dramatic.

Yes , mostly, as it is viewed as exotic. However the extreme cases of threats,stalking and physical harm is done by the local fans

Likewise. After all it's just entertainment. Unfortunately many take these things way to seriously and become obsessive which I perceive as an emotional attachment to the idol. Ironically it's often fans of different groups who engage in conflict, when in fact, many of the members of many groups are friendly with one another and respect each others efforts.

No worries, if we all had the same experiences, platforms like this would be one boring echo chamber. We are enjoying the same product after all and I hope we can continue to engage in discussions into the future.
    I certainly appreciate your in depth knowledge on all things AP related. My in depth knowledge of the musical aspect will continue to fulfill my curiosities, as it is as exotic to my ears as it is to my eyes. Cheers

By the way, I would be interested in your opinion on the new theater.
    Smart move? Dumb idea? Destined to succeed? Doomed to fail?

Do you view KJ as alt-idol??

Agreed. See my post above for more of my blah, blah, blah

The day I walk away from Alice Project is the day when they cease to create a sound I enjoy. It's really that simple.
    So far, there have only been 2 songs that left me a little flat. Not bad songs, just no "WOW" factor.

Quote of the century.
    Stale, re-hashed and boring.

The real challenge, and part of my overall fascination, is in the production and mixing of all these elements into cohesion. Without going into a lengthy technical dialogue on the challenge to mix all the instrumentation (see SOUL),drums,bass,guitar,shakuhachi,and koto, all these elements live in different frequencies of the limited spectrum and present major obstacles to achieve overall clarity. Add to that, the shared vocal lines in the verses which need special processing for seamless interaction, in addition to the stacked or layered choruses. Without a competent professional, this could be a potential disaster.
    The team behind the girls is top notch to say the least.

Yes, but the Armor Girls songs, even though they technically only have 4, are filled with many interesting instruments, truly capturing the Celtic/Folk vibe. The remainder of their tracks are cleverly done re-mixes of older AP songs, wonderfully done to compliment their theme.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2016
  3. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

I do or as "Metal Idol," same genre as groups like Babymetal, Passcode, or Fruitpochette.

This has been an invigorating week for discussion on Alice Project, and I love that everyone is communicating and giving feedback, as it's just great to talk about our views, the groups successes, & trials. Thanks guys, it's not everyday I get to talk with such enlightened and engaging people about something as unique & wonderful as Kamen Joshi. You guys are all the best. :XD:
    My favorite combo while in Japan: Anna Tachibana and Fanta Melon Soda. :inlove:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  4. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

Cool article in an audiophile webzine featuring Yuuka Kojima demonstrating some wireless earbuds.
    Let the headbanging commence.:worthy:
    2 pages with some cool video/gifs
    Definitely A10 material, but we need another stage diver.
    Can she "Dive or Die"?
    YUUKA HEAD.gif

if the video does not show watch the video here

http://www.phileweb.com/review/article/201612/02/2324.html

Possible artwork for the upcoming singles. I understand that each type will feature different artwork, but still not understanding what exactly is coming. I saw the titles added on cdjapan, but they all seem to be identical, only showing the 2 song titles. Is it likely they will add another 4 types featuring the other 2 songs?:confused:
    I was planning on placing my pre-order in the next week or 2, hoping that all would be revealed by then.
    Associated article with comments from Supreme Leader "Idyllic Cherry"
    http://news.dwango.jp/2016/12/01/114155/idol/
    KJ ALBUM ART.jpg

Pic of the Day
    Kamen Joshi: Alice #10
    FRAMED
    A10 2.jpg

Song of the Day:
    Alice in Underground (Live Zepp Tokyo Revenge)
    Subtitled in English letters, but still in Japanese:wall:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  5. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Looks to only be the 4 Types. And according to HMV (& CD Japan) just the Jackets are different now. Here is the covers and track list (again):
    Type A
    [​IMG]
    Type B
    [​IMG]
    Type C
    [​IMG]
    Type D
    [​IMG]
    • 01. 仮面大陸~ペルソニア~

• 02. ISUMI~四季彩の街で~

• 03. ブルー☆スカイ

• 04. 私にチャイム
    1: Kamen tairiku ~ perusonia ~
    2: ISUMI ~ shikisai no machi de ~
    3: Burū ☆ sukai
    4: Watashi ni chaimudesu!

本作は4タイプのジャケット違い、紙ジャケでのリリースとなる。 (This work will be a four-type jacket difference, release on paper jacket.)

That's a bit underwhelming if true, especially with these covers shown all being very common Kamen Joshi pictures, you would think they would offer at least one different track per version even if it's a live version of an old song, or one of the many 2016 songs that have yet to be commercially released. That gives everyone more incentive to buy all 4. The hardcore fans (myself included :D) will buy all 4 anyway and Sadia23 mentioned that cool decorating incentive with the girls. It could be just a generic place holder for the covers/tracks, but with it being a month a way I kind of doubt it.

In any event 4 NEW SONGS is wonderful and I can't wait to hear them! :XD:

Some great finds their Alixx, haven't seen any of those and perfect timing with Erina's return to the stage today!! :banana:

[​IMG]

6. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Say me stupid or blind, but only whose i seen and... anyway, was Anna T... or it was. If my favo at art at these , i put at Type B... but that´s only art decision, nothing else...
    Hope that all is ok at again... good news is sometimes same at not news anyway.

Oh, mighty Kamen god, keep your safe shield these kind and kawaii girls whose energy we wanna see, keep them out off all bad thinks!

7. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Remember Marine Cup Angels CD single on 12/3/16 release!
    Here is the cover:
    [​IMG]

No track list that I have found yet, but it still says it comes with the whole group song plus the individual group songs.

Apparently happened when they shot this.

Lots of pictures here...
    http://www.alice-project.biz/report?id=661

8. SummitSlimegirls

SummitSlimegirls Kenkyuusei

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg

I Finally found a super super active freaking foreigner forum about my twitter spamming DailyAlice#6873 don't look at my facebook feed goddamn giant of the impossibleness favorite band.

Omg Omg Omg Omg

AKB48 fan forum huh? Ah hell whatever ok. hi guy count me in, nice to meet you all, im studying the Kamen Joshi universe how a ultra strange kawaii monster of such dimension can survive, oh wow Japan, you will never stop to surprise me because i have no clue. Oh and i think there is a new slimegirls coming in, im not sure how to pronounce her name but who know.. maybe she jaw dropping amazing!

9. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Welcome, anyway!

10. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

Yeah. What was adding to my confusion was the previous mention of live tracks included.:awesome:

Also noting the price of each type, it seemed unlikely they would offer more than 4 tracks at that price, as the previous types sell for the same price.
    Whatever becomes available shall be added to the collection regardless.
    I'm considering having my proxy purchase them as to insure they get Oricon credit. 4 units likely won't make a difference, however at the price listed, I may buy multiple copies of each, here's why......
    Whenever I wear one of their shirts someone always stops and asks me "What is that"? Trying to explain KJ to a random individual in passing is not an easy task to ensure clarity. Perhaps I'll just hand them a copy of the disc and spread some love that way.

Outstanding. Welcome:v:
    To ensure that you get a warm welcome and you receive all the membership benefits for this exclusive club, you must answer the following question. If you answer correctly, you obtain membership status with full benefits, of course. If you fail, forum member "blurryeyes" will taunt you with foul and abusive language for all eternity.:asdfgh:

Here is the question:
    We will allow you 2 guesses, so choose wisely.
    Name this member: KANON 10.jpg

****DISCLAIMER**** THIS IS JUST A JOKE*******HOPE YOU HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR:lol:

Sweet Erina pic. Didn't have that one. Added to the ever expanding collection:approve:
    With all this Erinyan action, I'm wishing I had a custom made T-shirt with hot pink on black.[hehe]

Yes. Good choice.

Aha, a prankster:huh:
    I clicked on that sucker 3 times trying to get a video to play.:fp:

Great clips from the BinBinGo show. If somebody doesn't upload these full episodes to YT, there is gonne be a riot.:gavel:

11. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

Surprise discovery of the day.

12. SummitSlimegirls

Awwww yiss, trying to find shady unknown half ass film Kamen Joshi youtube video, my secret national "is this new slimegirls great?" sports.

NOW FOR THE NEWCOMER CHALLENGE/SADISTIC RITUAL aie aie aie.. THE ALMIGHTY ALICE JUBBAN FAT BIG ASS SWORD, now belong to miss Sawada, now the ponytails dosen't fit her shorter hair... early 2015 Alice Jubban Risa? Before that i do not know!

13. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

Very good guess. You are very close. Alice Juban member is correct. but which one ??? Since you are allowed 2 chances, please try again.
    The clue is in the photo, please observe color of glowstick, there is your answer.
    Color of glow stick = color of member.

Not sure what the point of this video is, but the song choice is on point.

14. SummitSlimegirls

Blue?

Did i pick up the right info? http://kamengaijin.net/members/

Because i refuse to live in a world where Mori my dirty chainsaw idol wield another idol butcher sword!

Dear god how could this make sense?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I don't mean to spoil all the fun, but....

This forum does have rules, and those rules seem to have been blatantly disregarded in this thread over the past month or so. So I need everyone participating in this thread to take a look at the forum rulebook...

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-official-stage48-rules.13331/

Please pay extra attention on the rules regarding 1) photo sizes, and 2) thread flooding.

-If your pictures are over our size limits, they need to be either a) resized or b) posted as a thumbnail.

-Thread flooding is the act of posting multiple times in quick succession without anyone else responding. If you have posted, and you wish to add more information, then please edit your previous post. If not, you should be waiting at least 24 hours before reposting if nobody has responded.

So consider this your friendly reminder. I just spent 45 minutes cleaning up this thread. I don't wish to have to do it again.

Thanks.

16. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

Congratulations my friend you have succeeded:1st: The Chainsaw wielding Kanon Mori is correct.
    Although there have been times when members switch weapons, this photo was likely before Risapyon joined, also a bit of trickery on my part just to make it a bit more challenging.;) Happy to know you have a sense of humor.
    Good job and Welcome

Hello Cristafari,
    Please accept my apology for my previous activities. No harm was intended, just a misunderstanding of the forum parameters. I certainly didn't mean to cause you any additional workload. We all appreciate you and the other staff members providing this platform for fan interaction. I will be conscience of the guidelines henceforth. Please accept my donation as a token of gratitude. Have a great day

17. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Appears to be available for order from CDJapan here

18. SummitSlimegirls

RIGHT AWAY LET SHALL BE KNOWN THAT I INTENT TO AVIDLY RESPECT THE DEEP CREATiVE DESIGN OF ALL THE GODS, FLYING ABOVE THESE WORLD PILAR OF COMMUNICATION

By the way this divine attention come at a superb handy time for myself because the newest sucker struck in that i am was wondering what can be the law & order in this wild countryside toward gravure filming, because when the mask drop out in my experience, sometime many choice piece of clothing stunningly fall off too without knowing where they might have been to the other end device user. Which could result to the affected mind the sense of sharing the lighter revelation.

ALSO BESIDE MY INTEREST TOWARD THE OUTSIDER REGION OF YOUR MAGICAL REALM, I CONSIDER THE SONG “BEGINNER” BY AKB48 YOUR BEAUTIFUL RULER ABOVE ALL HARMONY A TRUE JPOP ART FORM WITHIN 4 HUMANs* MINUTES TIME SPAM

*I added “4 humans minutes” because if the alien do come in contact with your definetely advance 48 technology they might have another measurement of time, quite a coincidence it would be if the same metric be of use by both intergalatics species.

Ok now where were we?

I won! Yay! Great sucess! Glad the translate site have outdated information because recent visual interaction with the said girl lead me to believe that she’s on to the colour pink now!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  19. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Imagination... anyway... So how long Anna T at these big S, and how long one girl was longest keep one style weapon...
    So, youre give me think at there are small change that girl hasn´t change her "wepon" at even 10 years... anyway, thats begin to her little boring...

20. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Thank you :)

I will take your response as an acknowledgement and agreement. I would also recommend you get to know the person you are responding to before you make certain assumptions about them. If you read back to earlier pages in this thread you might notice that I do have a little bit of experience with Alice Project, and only stopped going to PARMS recently when my favorite member left. (Although I would still consider going to see Tomoka) Have a nice day.