Alice Project

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Sadia23, Apr 3, 2014.

1. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Hopefully someone uploads that special on Erina that is broadcasting on SBS about her most recent surgery.

2. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

It certainly is a surprise. Reading the details, I didn't see a reference to the overall size/capacity of the venue.
    We were betting that their next big improvement would be the giant LCD panels and flooring seen here.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Amongst my local fan group, some speculated that by years end that would have been installed, I thought that it would be feasible before the 2020 Olympics. But the new theater says a 150 inch screen. That's almost as cool.

I found one YT channel that posted one of her solo SBS BinBinGo episodes from April, but none of the subsequent others.
    Part 1:

Part 2:

Video courtesy of YT Channel "cgycyoo" Thanx again.

Here is the news clip of Nanaka being appointed Honorary Police Chief of the Day by the Kanagawa Prefecture Police for the "Crime Prevention" campaign. Thanx to "cgycyoo" again.

NANAKA 35.jpg
    NANAKA 36.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2016
  3. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Google translate says Capacity is 200 people. :approve:
    It would be amazing if they get that light show installed, somewhere, anywhere they perform, even at a smaller scale. :v:
    As long as it doesn't raise the price on shows and keeps the girls the focus it could be a stellar addition.

With Erina's popularity, I am hopeful someone will share the love. :flower:

4. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

200 is the size of the AKB48 theater on the 8th floor of the Don Quixote building in Akiba.
    That's a good size.

5. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

She does have the best right hook in the whole group. Nanaka arresting people with a Squid on her head, I'd pay to see that. :banana:
    One of the best Daily Alice episodes ever.

6. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

Yes, that water effect on the floor is incredible. But the new 150" screen it may look like this.
    ANNA MASK.jpg
    or this
    ANNA 3.jpg

Brutal. I was hoping to see Moa unleash one of those Karate kicks, but the machine may have been demolished.

7. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Yes that is probably an accurate depiction!
    +Bonus Anna with her hair down :XD: (looks like her Mask needs some touch up though)

And those are the new outfits!!

Moa's kicks are too powerful for any camera to capture! :fear:

8. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

For sure. Mishan loosing her shorts is classic.:hehe:

Battle scars.

One of those super slow-mo Phantom cams may be the only way.

News clip about the incident with Snowchan.
    I would normally skip the negative items after so much good info today, but since everything seems to be ok. Here you go.

Some one needs to tell them about the spelling error on the marquee.
    It reads "weraring" instead of "wearing a mask":fp:
    At least it's in English and obvious that they want English tourists involved.

9. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

I truly wonder what happened there if they are just falling down from motion, or if she lost weight, or the elastic broke/stretched, you never know with Miishan, her sharks, and her amazing room... [hehe]

Which brings up another long time curiosity, the girl's living quarters, as many idols live in dorms. There seems to be a Kamen Joshi dorm, private apartments, and more (according to the webisodes.) It's like Kanon, Erina, Mai, (& possibly Anna) all have their own place. Misa lives in a dorm, that looks like the one they show in many of the "I Can Fly/Junk Juice" videos - or when they show the cadets (like in the video below), but it doesn't look like the same place that Nanaka lives. (also shown below)

Then you have Moa, who seems to be living at home, or at least part of the time (common for an unwed Japanese person.)

Now obviously this is supposed to be secret from fans, but it is interesting to see at least a little bit about what the girl's living situations are. :whistle:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  10. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

LoL:lol:
    Seems to me, she just danced right out of them:yikes:

I think you got it figured out. Moa at home, Nanaka and Misa as well. Maipu seems to have her parents funding her own place. But Kanon I bet has some guy helping her out, she has a nice place from what we've seen, I just get that feeling. There is no way most of the girls don't have companions of one sort or another.
    I know Moa is from Saitama, which isn't that far, but I imagine if they have an event, as they always seem to have, in the morning hours, they likely sleep at the dorm after the night show.

11. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

:XD: Love me some Misa Kubota. I find her messy room videos endearing.

This is just my humble opinion (plus I enjoy chatting with Alixx) and I am sure many will disagree with me or could prove me wrong but I'll say my words anyway because I love Kamen Joshi <3 and idol culture is fascinating.
    Kanon... A guy... Doesn't sound like Kanon... :shifty: Truth be told she is ranked always one of the highest/most popular members so her funding from fans as a whole might lead to that sweet pad. You see her riding a bike home in one of the videos (probably because only Erina has her license??).
    I have a tough time buying the girls having companions part (although we see much less home activities from some than others), just because it's idol suicide, and if it gets out, than idol fan funding stops. It says on their official page they are allowed to have bf's (no fans or staff), but I don't buy that they do, because they are far too busy to have any kind of meaningful relationship. And lately seem busier than ever, which is how you keep your idols in Idol-verse & not in the real world. You see them up at all hours doing all sorts of things, being sent all over the place, and sleeping on floors or in closets when they can catch a few zzz's.
    There was that speech by Erina (I think it was her last year's birthday festival) where she says she has friends from home that have gone off and found someone/got married etc., but she is happiest being an idol on stage. I know this is a constant debate between idol fans (especially internationally) but in your short career as an idol, the smart ones know that they should graduate before picking a significant other. I am sure a lot of of their living situations come from not only the small money that they earn but also their spending habits, family backing, and what is offered for their employment/contracts, plus perks (like the gravy videos/photoshoots/etc.), all of that has too add up somewhere even if their cut is small & competitiveness is king. I think the girls are too smart to put their young (and many times too short of a) career in that kind of fan jeopardy. As I said this is just my opinion as a fan of Kamen Joshi and my respect for them and what they likely have to do to stay at the top of their game. I respect all opinions & if I'm dead wrong feel free to tell me! :cool:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  12. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Very cool, (apart from the spelling mistakes :)). I don't like though the way the page talks about the purchasing of tickets being via some online service and then you present your phone (NFC?) at arrival. One of the good things, as a foreign tourist, about the theatre at Parms is that you can just turn up and pay cash for a ticket.

They haven't got back to me yet :( ... I'm giving them until tomorrow to provide me with an update before chasing them again.

13. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

That could be a bit difficult for tourists, but I imagine if they don't get the attendance they expect, they may revamp the procedure down the road.

Hang in there. I've had it take 3 weeks before to even get confirmation from AP.

That shirt is just waiting for you to purchase. "misaxx":mail:

14. Sadia23

Sadia23 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sadia_alice
    Dont want to scare you here, but my last order took more than 2 months to get processed and in the end FJ made a huge mistake, too and sent me more stuff than I ordered. I basically got stuff that belonged to other people (one of those I even knew because we ordered at the same time).
    So if things go really bad, maybe someone else already got your order shipped..
    The AP shop seems to be super slow lately, dont know whats wrong with them.

15. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

I can't disagree with anything you wrote because we're all just speculating and your perceptions are as valid as any.
    I mentioned Kanon based more on age and basic biology. As much as I would love to see her continue performing for another 5 years at least, and assuming she has been totally dedicated to her work thus far, natural female tendencies and emotions may come into play. The late twenties for females especially are a magical time when things that were important at an earlier age, now become secondary. I'm sure she is not short on offers and certain temptations, but on the other hand....................
    .......that may be satisfying enough to hold off on personal endeavors. Again, pure speculation on my part.

Agree. I think much of the extra curricular activities are not only a source for supplemental income, but opportunities for "post-idol" careers.
    Nodaka and Anna seem to like the acting gigs and Moa likes the voice over roles. Erina could quit right now and likely do very well in modeling of some sort and Risapyon may be prime for modeling as well. She certainly has the right look.

16. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I don't mind if it takes a couple of months as long as it eventually happens ... it's the complete lack of communication which is concerning. Last time I ordered via the same route from the AP shop it took ~2 weeks for the order to make it to FJ, but that was just for one DVD (2nd movie). This time we're talking 3 BD's and a DVD so we're talking a larger payment which does increase my concern with the delay ...

It could be something as simple that there is some illness in whoever on staff which deals with the processing of orders which has caused a delay but we just don't know ...

edit: Not having much luck with online orders at the moment with a variety of vendors (including Amazon JP) ...

17. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

That ticket thing is soooooo true.

Please keep us posted, we are all hoping for the best for you! :v:

Absolutely!! I will be getting it. ;)

Yes I think Alice Project offers the girls many "next step" opportunities for sure. Most of being a great direction to continue their professional career. I hear everything you are saying loud & clear good buddy. :approve: As always thanks for the feedback Alixx. :cool:

18. Alixx #10

Alixx #10 Kenkyuusei

Most of them are, and likely learned some discipline from some former members who lacked discretion.

Aside from the speculations on their personal lives, what I find even more fascinating is the reality of fan reactions to "graduations", whether amicable or not. I've seen fans who at one time were huge AP fans and when "their girl" left, became disenfranchised with the group as a whole, to the point of total hatred based on internet gossip. At that point you realize that they were never a music fan and essentially had some built up fantasy surrounding a certain member as "their girl". I realize that "idol culture" is exactly that, idolization,
    but for me personally, I'm honestly a fan of their music first and foremost. I've managed thus far to keep things somewhat in perspective and I tend to view this more in the context of a favorite sports team. As members come and go, you stick with your "team". The question now is who amongst us is music/idol or idol/music???
    Of course I have favorites (see purple mask to the left), and if Moa bailed out today I would wish her all the best in her future endeavors, but I would remain with "the team", because I'm completely fascinated by the song writing, which is stellar, the song structure, and there is some fantastic musicianship going on, particularly the bass playing. The elements they are combining, complete with the layered vocals and the constant rotating solo verse lines shared by the members is very entertaining.

Just as an example of what I'm describing from a purely musical perspective, have a listen to "Soul". Pay particularly close attention to the bass guitar work. This is a textbook example of how to drive and propel a song. Laying a solid foundation that drives the verses, in conjunction with the sweet riffing after many of the verses, performed masterfully as to not step on the next line, that helps launch the song into the fantastic choruses. Of course these days 90% of the drums you hear on recordings is programmed samples, but the guitar, bass and synth elements that AP employs are accomplished only by stellar musicianship. It is possible that the guitars are triggered samples, technology has allowed anyone with a laptop to produce complete songs, but I believe what I'm hearing for the most part is actual human elements.Unfortunately, in order to catch all the details, phone and computer speakers ain't gonna cut it. Something with a sub woofer or even a car system will reveal the entire picture. Of course none of the elements are extraordinary on their own, but combined as a whole make for an enticing listening experience that defies any musical categorization. Best description I can come up with is "Idol Metal". Add the angelic voices layered upon one another for the anthemic choruses and the rotating, melodic verse lines by multiple members, including Nanaka & Snowchans dynamic rap breakdowns, you got yourself one fantastic song. Definitely one of their best.

19. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

I too am a music/idol person. Kamen Joshi has just made some stellar songs that I can't get enough of. When I listen to/become a fan of (alt) Idol groups, the music has to come first & foremost, because I want to listen to them while driving, or creating art, or just enjoying music... & watching them is a bonus to the music they are selling. We all know image is just as important as music in Japan, but if I can't rock out to what they are doing, then it's not right for me. [hehe] You can have the cutest Idol group in the world, but if they can't sing or have bad songs then I need to find another.

Luckily Kamen Joshi is the perfect blend of both. <3

GRANTED, if a favorite leaves the group, of course it STINGS, and there has to be some time for mending, but hopefully you still enjoy the music enough to continue your fandom, or will help support your next favorite within the group. I hope many will keep this in mind, even if the idol industry sells you on more than just the music, and KJ knows how to do this to great affect with the additives they have for the group (everyday lives, hi-touch, chekis, webisodes, gravure dvds, etc.) it builds a fan-to-idol appreciation that is very different than anything we have here in the States. But I am always and forever a fan of the group! Even though I would truly miss my favorite(s). :cry:

It's unfortunate at times that some fans will take graduations as an "end all" for them with the group, especially if the group has given you back so much enjoyment. Everything comes to an end, & fans should enjoy all the time they had with said idol(s), and move on to a new favorite(s) within the group if possible, of course in a healthy way. 

One of the aspects that I enjoy that you bring Alixx (as a musician yourself), is your take on their sounds. As someone who is a big J-rock fan for like 20 years (and someone who has become disenchanted with current US radio music), I always appreciate the Japanese use of multiple instruments to fill songs, so much of today's music in the US is totally carried by a singer with a backbeat, where in Japan (also Europe) they seem to FILL the musical landscape in many of the musical genres that keeps the song interesting even after multiple listens. Kamen Joshi does this beautifully with the blending of multiple vocals/solo voices, accompanied by full musicality that fills the environment (particularly their more metally songs) & they are never boring (& always have a great hook!)

Can't wait to hear the new stuff in a little over a month, as if they expect a #1, the new song(s) are sure to be dynamite! :)

20. Sadia23

Sadia23 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sadia_alice
    I have to strongly disagree on almost all in this statement.
    People who are into idols and experience the first time having a real oshimen and totally contribute to that fact, can take a big hit on a whole group after graduation. They usually become fans of a band because of the music and only afterwards start to decide for a girl, who they want to support (and when I speak of "them" in all this context, I in fact just want to describe a part of the fandom, as of course not everyone is the same. But Ill keep it easier like that).
    Said girl leaves and many people just dont feel the same at the theatre anymore, as the whole experience changes. Youve built up a close connection to your oshimen, youve built up close connections to her fanbase and suddenly lose all that. This can make you feel really different about going there, to the point you just feel lost despite still liking the music as much as before.

I guess its very different to just follow the group from afar, be there maybe a week or 2 a year and not knowing all your girls fans, the TO's and other people all too well. Yes, you probably wont have that much of a problem to still feel the same about the group and get over your oshimens graduation then, but thats a fundamentally different situation.

And I also cant see "many" people shittalking them afterwards or hating on them. Yes, there are some (especially foreign) fans, who end up being salty, but the majority I know of usually moves on to other groups, still valueing AP for the time they had with them. And more often even those people start to hate on them because of different reasons they probably dont want to talk about. Like certain girls badmouthing them and stuff like that (yes, this happens), or being disappointed with how much the whole fandom has changed (which has changed a lot since I became a fan, but I personally still can find enough reasons, to like the fandom and the girls).

Also the "built-up fantasy" is another thing that mostly seems to apply to foreign fans. The guys over there I met mostly just want to have fun and are absolutely aware, that idols are the dream image of girls (many of them even happily married) and they wont try to hook up with them.

Sorry thats just my part on the whole thing, I respect your opinion and reasoning, I just cant see all this from my experience. It mostly looks to me like from the perspective of a foreign 48G fan, where I can see said behaviour you described for over 5 years now (and thats no shittalking about 48G fans in general, its again just my experience).