Single Keyakizaka46 3rd [Futari Saison] (2016/11/30)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

A sale is a sale whether is counted by Oricon or not, so I doubt management cares much lol

If they keep growing at this level, I can see them reaching Nogizaka's current sales in a year.

I doubt (and I hope) none of them (more like Nogi) cannibalizes the other group to reach bigger sales like AKB does with its SG, but I can't wait for them to go on a dome tour or something together.
    The epicness of it all. :^O^:

I wouldn't be surprised if most of it was because of said rule though. And more those sales in the 1st day due to the flying get shipments (it went over 400k in Billboard).
    It's not just that sales of 25 are counted as 20, but when fans buy crazy stuff like 100 or 200 CDs and it still counts as 20 the difference starts being significant (and if Tsubasa wa Iranai was any example, it can be huge).

2. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Nice joke.

Does that mean they will surpass AKB in 2 years?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They will never surpass AKB simply because of how AKB gets their sales.

And where's the joke?

Keyakizaka's 3rd single has (almost) the same sales of Nogizaka's 10th/11th.
    If they can avoid being hit by scandal and keep getting good songs, they won't just need the wotas power to get the sales, the GP might make a difference.

If they keep jumping 100k with every release, they will be over 700k by their 6th single.
    And seeing that they have the numbers already (Nogizaka operated with 30+ girls just until September), I can't see why wouldn't they get there that fast.

4. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I want to add that, they are different. While AKB target middle aged men with cute song, it looks like Nogizaka and Keyaki also add the female fanbase and youth with powerful message in their song and cool concept.

Also, Yurina has this aura that attract general audience. Keyaki has a lot of tools to quickly catch up with their big sisters.

5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It's actually just below their 8th single.

So far it's following Nogizaka's 4th-6th-8th. If *that* trend keeps up, they'll still reach Harujion some time next year.
    In general though, expecting a 100k jump each single is a bit much. 150k every two singles (Saimajo to Saison) is possible, however, and would still have them pop 700k by their 7th.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I was considering their Billboard sales (over 500k), not just Oricon's half-ass report.

Still, unless the idols' popularity takes another hit and they keep growing, I don't see why they wouldn't reach 700k in Oricon next year.

7. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Right, but I'm pretty sure Nandome and Inochi would have higher total sales, too. Comparing like with like.

I think they'll get there really quickly and it will be amazing, but I'm not quite that optimistic.
    Unless you mean total sales not weekly, 700k next year seems overly ambitious. 2018, definitely, and even then that's fantastic speed.

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

What's the 20+ rule? And does Oricon count online sales? I think it may not. I'm pretty certain that Soundscan does.

Soundscan (Nielsen) gets its info from stores' electronic accounting records, counting numbers of each UPC sold. I believe that Oricon gets reports from a (large) selection of (mainly large) stores and extrapolates a figure.

In any case, much as I liked the idea of Oricon showing 500K, or even 450K, this is an amazing achievement: 115K growth over SekaAi at this point; 185K growth over SaiMajo; 450K definitely within reach. SekaAi has grown 65K now (i.e., to December) over first-week sales, so if Saison does that, it will be over 500K by March. Remarkable.

There is debate on 2channel as to whether the passionate reactions shown by the girls at that school in KeyaKake were real support or just the normal thrill of seeing a celebrity. Of course it's both, but the fact that they knew the words to SaiMajo and recognized various members makes me think there is some real support there, too. I'm not going to make predictions about catching up to Nogizaka, but if they enter a region of celebrity even approaching that, it will be fantastic -- for girls who a year ago were definitely just normal schoolgirls. The reactions in that school yesterday gave them a taste of what Nogizaka has no doubt gotten quite used to.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  9. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    If you mean digital sales, no, SoundScan doesn't report digital sales.

10. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    20+ rule.
    Each purchase that exceeds 20+ copies gets counted as 20.
    Example A I buy 25, oricon says I bought 20.
    Example B I buy 200, oricon says I bought 20.

This is of course only for 1 receipt.
    ---------------
    Is there anyone who just counts everything? All physical (worldwide) + digital (worldwide), if not someone should get onto that.

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

So except for online sales of physical CDs, we're down to the difference between Oricon and Billboard figures being either the 20+ rule or inadequate extrapolation by Oricon?

12. MadBunny

MadBunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    letdown
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

First-week sales of 440,000. First female group to go over 400,000 in sales in a week in its first year since Puffy in 1996, Utada Hikaru in 1999, and Kuraki Mai in 2000. Amazing company. Keyakizaka46 is officially a big deal. Congratulations to the Keyaki-chans...and to Aki-P and Konno-san and their entire staff.

14. MadBunny

MadBunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    letdown
    I'm really proud of them and I hope they will keep growing in all aspects.:1st:

15. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Keyakizaka are going to take over the world at this rate! I am extremely excited about next year!!

16. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    !!!!
    hopefully they will get invited to one of those Japan Expos in Europe.
    Flight to London or Paris would cost me like <100€, instead of 500 I am paying for Tokyo. And thats prebooked 5months in advance.

17. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    If they do, you just know I'll be there too! Thats an opportunity too good to miss!!

I am off to Osaka in June and it will cost me around £500 from the UK!!

18. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Little Update.

Futari has now breached 4m, is almost at 4.2m. So added 1.1m in a week. This is better than week 2.
    Compared to the to other releases, it now has almost parity with Kata Mira which is at +4.2m. Sekai has reached 8m.
    They had uploaded the complete MV's for the B-sides but now got taken down and replaced with Short Versions.
    Full version of Otona was almost at 1m; 5cards and HiraKeya were hovering above/under 700k.

Silent Majority also just passed 34m. :worthy:

19. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Amazing growth in popularity! I hope they can keep the good work.

BTW, still no sign of the single in my local iTunes store... :(

20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Keyakizaka46's 3rd Single (Futari Saison) (1st Week Sales)
    Week 1:
    444,322 (1st)