Single Keyakizaka46 3rd [Futari Saison] (2016/11/30)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    ooo so close to 450, even closer to 444,444
    these girls are amazing tho

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

from Utakon (12-6-2016)

Futari Saison@20:00

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  3. Midsummer Rain

Midsummer Rain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    Blocked already.

4. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    My goodness, that must be a new record!

5. MadBunny

MadBunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    letdown
    are u sure? i've seen this - 初週売上 442,322枚!

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'm not really superstitious, but the fewer 4's the better. (4 is the East Asian 13)

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Quote from 2channel on seeing those figures: "Is it possible that we are supporting a really colossal group?" (もしかして俺らはものすごいグループを応援してるのか…!? )

9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

well i dont remember there are many idol group that could get an invitation to NHK Kouhaku in their 1st year (1st in the 46/48 group)

NYC Boys did it in 2009 and Morning Musume did it in 1998 + a dozen other artists/group did it (SMAP, Tokio and Matsuda Seiko)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  10. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I tried to get in touch with Sony and the staff of Japan Expo but infortunately their schedule is already booked for 2017. Both parties asks financial back up that freeze any collaboration between them. Not only Paris attacks really blow everything up.

Nogizaka46 was sponsorised by Rakuten, that's why they could come in France. I wish i can bring Keyakizaka but... perhaps it's better to continue their growth in Japan, where they are assured to have visbility.

11. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I always think that Aki-P and management has intended to go all out with this group, since the time they changed their name from Toriizaka (a less-known place) to Keyakizaka (a well-known place). That's quite clear, and the evidence is clear too, they succeeded! :1st:

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Wow. You operate at a high level. But I think it's hard to interest people outside East Asia (or maybe I should just say in the English-speaking world) in idol music of any kind unless it follows a Western style, as Babymetal does. This may change in the future, but the flow seems largely West to East, at this point.

13. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Such a shame, maybe as they get more famous it could happen. We can't give up hope. Maybe not in 2017, but in 2018 we may see them perform in Europe for fans.

14. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

It may be slightly offtopic, but I believe BABYMETAL's international recognition is not even primarily for their musical style, but the mentality of the clientele (metal scene). And despite their relative success, they're one of the most disputed acts that operate in said scene internationally. In fact, I can't think of a Heavy Metal act in the 2010's that has evoked mixed reactions in international heavy metal media in such a way.

Metalheads can be folks with an own way of thinking - but regardless of how one sees it, usually they have a certain sense of humour and open-mindedness, which is why many accepted Babymetal's debut album as innovative and worth listening. (I believe I know this pretty well because there was a time when I was one of them.) With the second album, they went to a full-blooded Heavy Metal music style, largely eliminating J-pop influences, and despite receiving mostly good reviews it wasn't received as well as the first one. So, following the more 'Western' style made them less polarizing, but their reception in media on the contrary also became less favorable. At that time, their name was already established through their debut album though, so their appearances in several countries this year were successful.

Given that the Japanese market for music is the 2nd largest in the world after the US despite not nearly being as international, it's no surprise that labels are reluctant to invest in international marketing that will consume a disproportional amount of money relative to the expected income. That's why we of the international fan community have to hold together and be content with what we can get - and appreaciate anyone's work to contribute to overseas fandom, of course.

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thanks, @Atreyu. I read and learn.

In other news, here's a little blog post reporting posts in the last few hours from Yamazaki Rena of Nogizaka and Miyawake Sakura of HKT48/AKB48, where they mention Keyakizaka. Renachi went out to eat with Neru, and Sakura loved the TV performance of Otona wa Shinjite Kurenai (and thinks Memi-tan is cute).

And I just now saw an item that the excellent singer/songwriter Suga Shikao tweeted: "A refreshing morning run: 'Kimi wa Saison〜♬'" He was enjoying listening to Futari Saison as he ran.

16. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I have always been curious regarding the use of English titles in JPOP (not just idol scene). IMHO, sometimes it's just discordant and feels forced... but (!), looking at how Keya put some English sentences in Otona's lyrics that, I think, actually make sense (and the girl actually try to pronounce it correctly, not in some kind of Japanese English) and reading your comment above, makes me think that perhaps they're trying to expand their appeal?

[Disclaimer: By "actually make sense" I mean in connection to the Japanese lyrics, of which I only know from the translations by the community.]

In any case, Keya is indeed a great group and I hope they'll get even more popular.

Finally, I still resent the fact that Futari is still nowhere to be found on my local iTunes! :asdfgh:

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

from Sony Music Taiwan (region free)

if the video does not show watch the video here

18. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    it's so strange seeing as a lot of idol music takes inspiration from old French idol pop.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

That's interesting. How/when/who did that happen? I remember hearing what I thought was a sort of old cabaret sound in some idol songs.

20. Morrigan

Morrigan Kenkyuusei

Listen to the music on French YeYe Idol Sylvie Vartan's Irresistiblement and AKB48's Labrador Retriever for a good example. Sylvie Vartan, France Gall and Francois Hardy were the big YeYe pop idols of France back in the day.

if the video does not show watch the video here Sylvie Vartan ...Irresistiblement

if the video does not show watch the video here AKB48 Labrador Retriever