Ichikawa Miori (Miorin) / AKB48 10th Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Jun 29, 2010.

1. superficialfan

superficialfan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I've got nothing against you, but if you want to be taken seriously you can't hit people and jail them when they disagree with you, no one owns other people's minds. The worst part is when someone says an offensive true thing and then gets in trouble, that makes those laws even worse. Also my healthcare is cheaper than yours. If it makes you feel better, I think my country and Canada both suck lol. I'm not impressed by either culture, nothing personal.

Lemon is a nice girl, I just think this video was really bad taste and rude for no reason. Maybe if it was about Canada... No just kidding.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I didn't really understand what was happening for a hot minute, but I see it now and even tho I do believe Lemon should be talked to about not doing stuff like this, I can understand that she might not have that much control over what the requirements are for her job? If that makes sense. It wasn't even funny tbh, so if you're gonna go for a gag make sure the gag actually works. Racist-gags are hella popular tho, so u just have to pick and choose your battles and this was not one I feel Lemon should be apart of since AKB is expanding throughout Asia. And hey for all we know lots of the women in these 48/46 groups are racist, sexist, homophobic, and whatnot...they just cover it really well lol.

I do feel in this industry, and with so many new fresh-girls gaining way more attention, u have to try everything and hope something sticks for you. Lemon is popular more so than a bunch of other girls, but I see her working very hard to keep her name out there...she knows she's not gonna be young and cute forever and someone will take her place. Akarin really found her place tho - the make-up beauty thing on youtube is huge and Akarin isn't even that good at make-up, but she knows how to appeal to women and men. She's ok in NMB - popularity wise - but her beauty-thing made her finally find something more stable. Funny enough if Milky did it first Milky would have been a huge beauty youtuber with her popularity and fishing skills.

3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This topic shouldn't be taken seriously at the first place.

idk bro starting a random jab at other country's politics in an idol thread doesn't seem too smart either.

If you had truly read about that law yourself then you would know what you are saying here is misconception.

I won't go deeper with you into this as this is going off topic.

And clearly you guys shouldn't watch South Park. There's no point being moral prosecutors on the internet, like none of you guys never said anything racially or discrimination inappropriate in your lives. Get off that high ground and understand the context of this whole picture. Don't just barge out of nowhere and dare to even try to criticize or judge someone just because she said something offensive about your country or whatever.

If you had followed Lemon for the past months, then you know she is trying to break her lemon image with various desperate attempts including this one. Yes, it is over the board to many people and offensive but that's exactly what comedians do. Not an idol like behavior, but this exactly shows how determined she wants to breakout of her current status-quo in 48 group.

And you don't think she is educated enough to know that gag was offensive? Heck she even taunted the lolicons because she knows she has the loli features looool She clearly knows what she's stepping into and she is going all out.

Such determination is respected by myself as a fan, since I don't see many other members in the group are even at her level of determination yet.

4. superficialfan

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I really like Lemon still, I hope nothing too bad happens.

5. superficialfan

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    In the video posted by ooioo (the last segment with her wearing the dark beret/hat-thing), Lemon says something like "Is 5000 yen ok for 30 minutes, onii-san?", with a reference to a Filipino-type personality in a label below. Obviously a terrible idea, in my opinion. Especially for a nice idol like Lemon who should stay away from such things. Making fun of East Asia is bad just in general, and certainly for a business like AKB/NMB 48. The other off-topic conversation then led to excessive state punishment in cases like Lemon's, which I've observed before.

If Lemon is punished by the 48 group as an example, I hope it isn't too bad. The poor girl is not a bad person in my opinion, just had a bad moment.

Edit: The title in her video said fake CM (this doesn't change much though, sorry). She's not a bad person, it just looks a bit trashy to not take some responsibility for this kind of stuff. And she doesn't have to apologize but it looks bad for her not to. I think she'll be fine.

The way the 48 group could punish her would be by giving her less support (?) in the future, or censoring her social media accounts to a higher degree. Obviously I don't think she'll get fired or anything like that.

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Im betting my 5 cents that nothing will happen to her. If it does get serious, she probably will just do a formal apology and that's about it.

It's not a commercial bro. Plus it's her personal YouTube account. She has more say than her agency to what she posts.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

7. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'd imagine everything she does needs approval by management tho...even Akarin with her youtube needs to update her manager that she's gonna upload this video. Maybe it's not as strict cause it's their personal accounts, but they are still signed to companies so I feel like there is rules implemented here and there. You're right tho I doubt anything will happen~ it was a bad gag and we'll move on. She's not an evil person lol.

8. superficialfan

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    You're correct, I thought the video was creepy so when I quickly skimmed it, I overlooked the "fake" part in the title. There are so many perverted games in Japan that I thought this was a real game.

It was fake but that hurts her reputation more. If it were real she could pass off some of the blame to her agency/boss. And yes she should apologize in some way, it was a low-IQ joke to make. She doesn't have to apologize SJW-style and completely beta herself, but I would acknowledge the controversy, calmly address it, and then move on.

9. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Ok but Japanese get made fun of all the time. They make fun themselves a lot too. Why do you think they would stop at other countries? And was making fun of Americans on AKBINGO all the time in the past ok?
    Its just a JOKE so please CHILL. Also the video had only like 90 dislikes yesterday, so is that video even considered some kind of issue?

10. superficialfan

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I missed that, what was said about America? That sounds interesting.

To me AKBingo doesn't go all out on their variety shows, there's a certain level of lewdness they don't reach. I know more about the 46 group, but from some of the AKBingos I've watched they just talk about Mayu making dirty jokes in private, or Sasshi drinking soy milk for amusing purposes. They're not Ebisu Muscats variety level or anything like that, that's where I would expect Lemon's joke.

In general I'm okay with making fun of America, Canada, and other SJW-lands. They're all such fun countries to make fun of, aren't they? But there is always a limit for everything, I don't think I would want to get into raunchy jokes like Lemon did. I wouldn't want to be vulgar to that degree in an AKB48 environment. When Lemon graduates she can say whatever she wants and do whatever she wants.

Also I think you bring up a good point about snowflake culture, I just think good manners (in certain cases) are important too. You make valid points, and so did ooioo before you. You can both be right to a certain extent.

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Izutrump, anybody? Among MANY MANY more.

You want to make fun of SJWs, but here you are making the same complaints SJWs do. That delicious hypocrisy.

Lastly. It was a comedy skit. Nothing is scared in comedy. Never has been, never will be. Grow thicker skin in the future, maybe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Panzeridolspower

Panzeridolspower Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    guys what happen ? what the Lemon do ? i frenchtranslate i understanding nothing , i only understand it's talk about pedophily and Philippines , what the hell is this story :eek:

13. superficialfan

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I have no idea about AKBingo, because I don't watch it much, I'm not quite a 48 group fan.

My point was, being a comedian doesn't mean one can't be a dbag, that is of no consequence.

Just because Justin Bieber is super popular it doesn't mean he's not a dbag. If he were a comedian he'd still be a dbag, the profession is irrelevant.

She made a prostitution joke about the Philippines.

Some people seem to have really enjoyed it, I think it is a bad look for her though.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  14. Panzeridolspower

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    the prostition of the WW2 made by the empire ?

15. superficialfan

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    No unfortunately, she made a "fake" commercial that has a prostitute-Filipino character. Nothing related to WW2, she's talking about the present day.

She asked if 5000 yen is alright for 30 minutes, something to that effect. Some people think that it was a fake commercial so it is ok for her to do this, but I think it looks even worse that she went out of her way to create this.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  16. Panzeridolspower

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    not really smart beautiful lemon :D . it's maybe so trash for a idol and can be take bad by the people of this country i guess .
    but it's look like a nuke on the net this joke , i don't think she say that in a bad intention i hope people understand this :) .

17. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Last time I checked Philippines have 100.7 million. 35 million is referring to the male population of the world which was also a cross reference from a stand up comedy gag of the comedy group キャリアウーマン (Career Woman) which is a fad now in Japan.

if the video does not show watch the video here

PLUS she never made it clear if it was prostitution. IT'S JUST YOU AND THE OTHER GUY IMPLYING IT IS. Like other humorous response from Japanese users, why can't it be just a massage or maid cafe girl huh?

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2017
  18. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    But back to subject - it it really implied that she was talking about sex? Or was it the first thing you guys thought? Like it was mentioned here, nothing - absolutely nothing is sacred in comedy. Black humor always existed and will always exist, some people may like it and some others don't.

19. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Also AKB has songs like UZA which was about anal sex and Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru which was full controversy itself so this is basically nothing in comparison.

20. Panzeridolspower

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    after read you i don't know what think . so i just gonna think she is a Lemon and she is a good girl ;) .
    Lemon the godess of fruit .