Event / Concert AKB48 Group Unit Janken Taikai 2017 (17/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 23, 2017.

1. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Members who haven't applied are Nozawa Rena, Okita Ayaka, Yagura Fuuko, Murase Sae, Sato Anju, Sugahara Riko and Yamada Noe.

2. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    ... well then.

Fuuchan didn't apply for the SSK either - make of that what you will. Can't remember why she didn't or if she didn't say... someone enlighten me.
    Others are something of a surprise for me. And gutted at Noeppi. <3

Please don't do this whole application thing again. Something else to put me on edge and make me worry about members... ¬¬

3. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    honeslty doubt it will be rigged this time unless its the yunana gang nailing it haha

but i doubt its them cause higher chance to win is either duo or trio teams altho it makes 0 logical sense but to me i predict so haha

really want kokeshi sisters or hantannee to win it man. idm sasshi team or team 8 team as well for now haha

4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Since it doesn't seem that the unit list has been updated or someone else has pointed it out yet, I'm posting the official full name of the Katomina/Miru/Nako unit, as Katomina herself revealed in her Showroom today.

Kanji & kana:
    秋の放課後、新校舎の体育館で一人バトンの練習に汗を流す加藤美南を屋上から博愛の眼差しで見守りながらふと飛行機雲を見つけた矢吹奈子を見て美術室にこもり「芸術とは何か?」と難解な問題に頭を悩ませていた自分に笑顔が戻る白間美瑠
    Romaji:
    Aki no houkago shinkousha no taiikukan de hitori baton no renshuu ni ase wo nagasu Kato Minami wo okujou kara hakuai no manazashi de mimamori nagara futo hikoukigumo wo mitsuketa Yabuki Nako wo mite bijutsushitsu ni komori "Geijutsu to ha nani ka?" to nankai na mondai ni atama wo nayamaseteita jibun ni egao ga modoru Shiroma Miru
    Translation:
    During an Autumn after-school, Kato Minami was shedding sweat, doing baton training on her own at the gym of the new school building. Yabuki Nako was looking patiently at Minami from the rooftop with a benevolent gaze, when she suddenly spotted a vapor trail. Shiroma Miru, who secluded herself into the art classroom racking her brains with hard questions such as "What is art?" saw Nako and it put a smile back on her face.

Yeah, this is real. By the way, there's apparently no official short version yet, so try to shorten it as you see fit. Even Katomina is trying to commit the full name to memory as it is.
    One more fun fact, Katomina left an easter egg inside the unit's name as a tribute for each member's group:
    The 新 of 新校舎, found in Katomina's description, is a tribute to Niigata
    The 博 of 博愛, found in Nako's description, is a tribute to Hakata
    The 難 of 難解, found in Miru's description, is a tribute to Namba

---
    Also, the Nishigata/Nara unit is named Gachapiyo, just repeating it here again since my previous post was apparently ignored~

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LastTwoThiRD

LastTwoThiRD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Nah, i don't think so. he just gave Sayanee his thought about the name.

6. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    Luckily SKE 6ki and Seiuchi automatically going to Gaishi Hall. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Some of these groups are confusing. How do non-senbatsu members from different sister groups even know each other? Especially the relatively new KKS girls

Also, odds of getting in to the tournament

Soloists- 17%
    Duets- 38%
    3nin- 71%
    4nin- 71%
    5nin- 40%
    6nin- 50%
    7nin- 100%
    8nin-100%
    16nin+- 50%

8. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Handshake events probably.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

9. GyaraDon

GyaraDon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kadowaki miyuna
    Twitter:
    gyara_don
    Rena nozawa will participate as a solo unit

Sc : her twitter

Sent from my ASUS_Z00VD using Tapatalk

10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    If groups that consist of all members of a generation are called by their generation name, then Naachan and Kojimako should be listed as AKB48 14th Generation. :)

11. ET920

ET920 Member

So, I'm guessing all the soloists will be janking :awesome: each other to see who are the two who will run? Has that been explained already? In the larger groups, will each member play against another and the group with the most wins wins? Or will they do the all versus all janken until a winner is decided? It's kind of chaotic...

12. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    That was what I was thinking when I saw the 49th Single Special Stage Schedule too! There was 13th gen, 15th gen, 16th gen, etc. stage listed, but the 14th gen is listed as "AKB48 Okada Nana & Kojima Mako" XD So I guess the 14th gen has been exception already!

13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    My guess is that there will be one representative of each group. Otherwise, imagine if a soloist and 16th Gen happened to make it to the final. The soloist would have to win against all members of that unit, which would make immensly disadvantaged.

Like with the Tano/Manami/Yuami unit, Tano said she won't be at the actual Janken tournament so either Manami or Yuami will do the game.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

14. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I've seen a number of different girls in SR mention they haven't yet picked who's going to do the janken in their unit, so I guess the information they already have ahead of us is that there will be one representative, as we imagined.

(By the way, 16ki is leaning towards doing their own internal janken tournament to decide their delegate.)

15. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I am not a fan of large janken units like 16 gen or team 8. When they send only 1 member out as represntative, even if they change for each match, that means the others get pretty much no exposure in the event. Maybe I can spot my oshimen as the 3 pixel on the screen when they cheer as a large group for the representative. :cry:

16. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    To make things more interesting, how about saving a senbatsu spot in 51th single (since 50th would already be prepared by the time Janken takes place) for whoever does the janken for the winning team. That would fire some members who hesitate to represent the team.

Then watch the winner be a senbatsu lock member lmao.

17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I personally would have seen it as a great opportunity to do the Janken for my team because, as mentioned above, if you're part of a big team and aren't the representative, you might not get much screen time.

Only now have I thought about the burden it must be for less confident girls that would feel guilty for losing for the team

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

18. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    That's the thing and probably the reason why most of them are still taking consideration on who are they gonna put their lives on send to the battle, and I think that giving an extra reward for that one who is brave and lucky enough to win would make it more interesting.

19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu