22/7

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    So, yeah, I think I've jumped on the Sally hype train. Considering she does her SHOWROOMs in a 50-50 split of English-Japanese that it makes the entirety of her show easy to follow. She's fun and I can't get over her American-ness. It's strangely cool when she switches languages. I hope she brings out more international fans.

Aki-P is a genius and knows how to pull money out of your wallet.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

"They don't have Netflix & Chill in Japan because there is no F boys here"

... is something I never expected to hear from an idol. And I'm loving it. :XD:

Management must be going crazy trying to understand wtf she saying in her streams and I wouldn't be surprised if she got suspended for some time when they get air of it.
    Hopefully not though!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  3. KiaRaXeL

KiaRaXeL Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    kiara_axel
    I finally found a new religion here :^O^::^O^: (thanks Sally finally i can understand what japanese idol talking about) !!
    She can speak with 3 languages : english, japanese, spanish (how cool is that)!
    And listening to her talking in showroom = listening to my real friend talking in real life :blush:
    The only difference is she is an idol and japanese <3 and how funny when she called the fans "dude" :lol:

4. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I know, right? Management must be wondering what to do with this phenomenon: get with it or smother it. I get worried every time she does something ridiculous to appease us foreigners. I fear we're gonna be the cause of her demise. If it happens... I'm hoping not because she's so fun! It's like she's cosplaying as an idol! LOL!

5. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I honestly thought you would say English, Japanese and bullsh*t lol, but she speaks Spanish too?!

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Nah, she just said "un poquito" (a bit) in Spanish. I haven't heard a complete sentence from her lol

I hope management lets her be herself.
    I can see her going viral and ending up on Ellen or something. :XD:

7. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  8. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Dab on the haters, dab for tokyo towers, dab everyday

9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  10. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
  11. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    22/7 keeps surprising me. Keep up the good work, girls! Even if they don't visit here.

12. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Honestly tho, bye Tanochan. I'm here for Sally now lol.

13. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Sally's amazing... every idol should be as effortlessly fluent with language. Then the idol concept could actually export out of Japan... :rolleyes:

Got to watch my first 22/7 SR with her... it was awesome how she switches not only between Eng<->Jpn, but their wota as well -- her 'dude' comment was obviously a JA girl responding to a Western fan... but when she speaks Japanese she's much more cautious of letting overlap into responses to wota. Love her! :approve:

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No.

Idols will never make it out of Japan.

The end.

15. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ *pats Trinu on the back*

They're already out of Japan. JKT48? SNH48? And the coming TPL, MNL, and BNK48s?

It'll be all right... now just lie back and drink your toddy, here's a tissue. :^^;:

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Apart from SNH, I don't know if the other groups are even making it big, but alright.

Idols will never make it out of Asia.

How many acts have tried to conquer USA? BoA? Utada? Wonder Girls? Girls' Generation? CL?
    No matter how much they try to Americanize their sound, people don't care about them.

Idols can be happy they are invited to Anime Expos.
    And the fans should too.

:flower:

17. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Well, JKT's been making money since it debuted, since it's still around and completely independent income-wise, from J48G. I'd call that at least as successful as SNH. And the future groups wouldn't be planned if they weren't first vetted for the business, so it's not shadow-boxing...

I don't deny that all of the above acts failed on their faces trying to penetrate the US market.

However, the US market isn't the only way out of Japan*. The trick, I think... is through the Continent. Once some more obscure markets embrace some aspect of idoling that's adapted for their tastes... whatever emerges may be enough to chart of some of the more prestigious ones, like the UK market. And we all know how the US loves to steal trends from the UK entertainment industry (game shows, movie adapts, reality shows, comedy, etc. etc.) and deny it as far as they can take it. Same with Japanese and Korean properties, tbh. May actually chart here... but not in its current form.

Do I have a swimlaned roadmap, showing all the requirements and milestones needed to accomplish this? Nope. Then again I'm not getting paid for making one, either. :^^;:

I was totally missing out -- she's on my short list. She has fluency in three languages I can only dream of achieving in my lifetime... plus she's funny in all three. My wife loves her -- says she reminds her of her college roommate (minus the Spanish). :approve:

* with the heavily reduced prestige of US market leadership, thanks to the Most Colossal Blunder of the Modern Technological Era in US History... Nov 8, 2016... US markets are falling and will continue to fall out of favor as long as people buy albums made yy algorithms and ten singers buy the cookie cutter works of one songwriter (Sia). With a few notable exceptions... I haven't listened to new pop music in at least 15 yrs -- its single-serving-creamer, blister-pack garbage. Not that I like idol music much more... but at least it doesn't pretend to be more.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Idols just need to conquer Asia lol no one cares about the West.

China is the world now.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But here, you yourself talk about adapting and changing what idols are so they are accesible for the GP, so they will not be idols.

Again, BoA, Utada and many others have tried to pamper to Western sounds to appeal to the foreign ears and they ended up coming back with almost nothing achieved.

This discussion ends up coming back every few months because new fans arrive to the fandom, they get to UZA and they imagine it being played in some club. :^^;:
    It's not happening.
    1. The public wouldn't accept it (try to explain the no-dating rule to the tumblr SJW people).
    2. AKS doesn't give a damn about the West. In 2013 you could watch a whole live concert through their Youtube channel + the election with foreign commentators. Nowadays? They can't be bothered.

Basically.

They must be seething seeing SNH being so big now and not getting any money out of it.
    And we all know this AKB China thing is going to bomb so bad. :XD:

20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017