[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. glsone

glsone Member

Can't belittle the groups artistic integrity with something as useless as fun now can we?

2. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i doubt this will happen, but mixing in some of the kanji units\solo songs might be a good idea,

3. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Oh I wouldn't doubt that :p but I also have to acknowledge that, in AKB's choreography, it's much easier to swap in someone for Center and deliver, as the post I read on Paul's site called it, a "perfect performance": half the time Acchan is flanked by at least one other person doing the same choreography and singing the same lines, so shuffling said person across and asking them to learn a couple of Center poses (using Flying Get as a quick Acchan Center example) and you're good to go. Keyaki's songs aren't so simple since half the time it's Techi doing one thing and the other 20 members doing the other - given that it's three weeks away someone could pick up the Center performance and learn the new routine, but if it aint perfect then people get complainin' :awesome:

As annoyed as I got whenever I found out Techi was Center for ANOTHER song, I admit that I find it hard to imagine others in her position, though it's been an interesting exercise to have because of this situtation: trying to imagine Neru as Center for something like Futari Saison - slightly dainty but solid rhythm - works for her until she reaches the bridge, and then I laugh at the thought of her swinging her arms round like a mad man! Similarly, having someone like Suzumon Centering Fukyouwaon would make sense - No. 1 Dancer for a dance-heavy song - would make sense, but again I find it hard imagine her screaming out "Boku wa iayada" in a convincing way.

For longevity's sake, though, I agree that they'll need to try the A-sides without Techi eventually...maybe they can pull an NMB and have a Keyaki concert dedicated to everyone performing except Techi, then we can get a live demonstration :lol:

4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Do you think Keya should change their choreographer? Takahiro sensei is indeed amazing dancer and performer. But, giving all members the different style and different way to interpret their song through dance will give them more experience. Thus, improve their skill, and it will be good things for their career in the future. I love to see Keya dance in different style. Or, we go back to our famous quote, "don't replace something that is not broken." :p

5. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

Depending on her dancing skills, I would actually put pon forward. Just from observing her, i think she has a lot of stories to tell and a few emotional issues pilled up. If she can channel it into a performance, that would be it the big issue. But three weeks should be more than enough for someone in keyaki to nail a new dance routine. They are not beginners in the industry anymore and one would expect them to be able to deliver a task like that.
    Alternatively they could have special guests, maybe from other groups, taking up the centre roles.

6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

and watch the entire K46 fandom have a collective shit attack when that happens :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. 4noki

4noki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Twitter:
    ShinokiW
    Personally, I can actually imagine some of the members taking up the center roles for some of the songs we've had so far. Although they might not convey the same exact message as Techi centering may, I think they could make an interesting narrative, their narrative. Humans aren't all the same. But humans are all interesting in their own ways.

They have their struggles and troubles, so... while it might seem different from the usual performance, having the different members center some of the already existing songs could make for an interesting story.

Although having them learn a new thing within such a short time period might be difficult. I'll admit that's a fair point. It'll be difficult for the Hiragana-chans as well, so I hope Budokan works out somehow in the end.

8. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    my 2ct:
    I don't think the question should be if someone can replace Techi or not. If their is one thing this debacle has showed is that someone MUST at ALL times be available to replace ANY member. Whether it is Techi, Neru or someone else. You can't have a group like this hang on the functioning of a single member. And for the role of Techi you don't need to find just 1 person like some posts suggest but you can have for each song the girl who would be best suited.

9. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

The worst part is, this is literally the biggest thing this group has ever done, getting budokan for the first time is only surpassed by getting tokyo dome for the first time. The other members have truly gotten fucked over by this, and it will only be worse when hiragana perform A-sides. All that bullshit talk of the "ties between members are so strong" and stuff is gone out the window now. It has now been proven to everyone that one member is bigger and more important than everyone else... that cat will not go back into the bag. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a keyaki member. Just look in their interviews. Read between the lines, they want to be normal idols and they can't now because they've been pigeonholed into this "edgy artist" role, and on top of all that they've just been told that if jesus doesn't show up the rest of them are too shit to even be let on stage.

I think you will see that this argument is wrong the first day of the concert when they perform all the A-sides. They have to at this point, they literally don't have enough songs not to do it. And the implications of that will be bigger than this. Basically proof that they don't trust kanji unless techi is there, yet they trust hiragana to do it.

So basically, nobody in kanji is good enough for techi, so we bring some random girl from outside of the group to do it. Yea, that will make the other members happy to be there...

10. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

Obviously not, that is why hiragana have taken over. If the management wants to sink the ship, they might as well do it with a big bang.
    If this is the end of kanji, i just feel really sad for some of them. Especially the ones who got placed into the latest front row and never received any major push. They were basically being overshadowed by techi's recent incidents and hiragana's big PR campaign.

11. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This is probably the most positive comment I've read so far regarding this issue lol

I'll give you a like

Morning news
    https://twitter.com/k3pofutatabi2/status/952674389685764096

12. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Oh I don't deny that Hiragana can do it, give a group 3 weeks and you'll probably find most of the idol groups here could probably learn the A-sides! My question is whether they would be able to give as "perfect" a performance as it would be if they had the full Kanji Keyaki, though admittedly perfection is in the eye of the beholder.
    Keyaki has their own "all-or-nothing" narrative that management is pushing, which is probably another reason why Hiragana is performing instead of choosing someone to sub in and another Kanji member to take Center spot (though I'm just theorizing here, like everyone else :D). The only evidence I've got of this is the past 8 or so months with Zumiko out, that instead of bringing up someone from Hiragana to replace her they made a big statement by leaving her spot open, even at an event like Kouhaku, whereas most of the other 48G and Nogi would bring someone in to sub. I know Hiragana was originally formed as an Under group, but until they sort out how senbatsu rotation is going to work I can understand why very few people here are treating them as a "True Undergirls" group.

At this point they have to trust hiragana to learn everything, because if we go with the camaraderie/all-or-nothing narrative and with Techi out, their only other choice would've been to cancel Budokan, and you can only imagine how THAT would've turned out :lol:

13. Yuipuri

Yuipuri Kenkyuusei

Thanks for saying this, also agree with your other comments! What you said about their performance make me remember this final tour
    if the video does not show watch the video here truly epic with lots of Techi's inputs. But nonetheless, even without Techi, I think other members still can deliver good performance. Maybe not on that level when Techi is there. But personally I don't really care if the situation like this. And if your speculation true, their "all or nothing" narrative is really disadvantage when something like this happen.

14. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    What are people doing now? Looks happy? I bet people would choose to see them perform without Techi eventho it won't be perfected, rather than to know they cancel the concert just because their absolute center injured herself.

And heck, even AKB was preparing Yuko and Jurina in ONE DAY because of Acchan's hyperventilating in Seibu Dome '11 and wasn't canceling even one song. Eventho at last, Acchan did it by herself without substituted by other members. That's professionalism and experienced, right there.

15. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ Shida, Dani, Shiichan, Sarina and Toshi are not there.

16. sayakalover

sayakalover Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    https://twitter.com/naoreal310/status/948388110647230464
    This tweet recently blew up showcasing Acchan's struggle and her professionalism.

17. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Uemura fans who come to Keya's lives, only want to see our little fairy perform. We don't care about they are "trying to convey something" or stuff. Seeing Uemura standing and dancing on the stage, that was the bless for us - me

Keya is Uemura, Uemura is Keya! All Hail Uemura!!!:worthy:

19. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    are u seriously comparing akb and keyaki performances?

20. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    That's how the true Idol is! Show must go on. And the end of the video, WHAT A SMILE it was!

Performance?? Where did I compare them in one aspect as it is a performance only?
    Tbh in performance wise, Keyakizaka46 is the best among all 48/46G imho.
    But they, as a whole group, are not even close to Nogi. Don't even compare them to AKB, again, YET.
    I'm afraid we lost an important thing in here. And you misinterpret what I mean for real is.