MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I think it still all boils down to the AKB48-for-MNL48 versus I-can-audition-what-I-want routine for applicants. I can see the frustration, but I don't understand why you need to dismiss those who needed to see applicants dancing or singing to JPop/AKB48. It might had stemmed to a time when all of the MNL48 online video updates we see are all Despacito and some viewers were clamoring to girls dancing AKB48 songs.

At least even LabayP tried Heavy Rotation.

2. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Sheks quick boost was really quesionable during the last few hours..

Id rather have Ashley Cloud as an ace than Leann tbh.. Ashley s more natural n terms of idol appeal to fanbase
    Also her dance ability s remrkable. From an Akb song to a Keyakizaka song and a Nogizaka song, she had the effort to study them

3. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @zelkova3,
    I'll leave it to Jimboy and his team to determine what needs to be done.

I can't simply dismiss LeAnn at this point early on. I haven't even seen her audition video. From what I gathered, she is a good singer. Though I believe that skill alone will not make an idol.

4. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

*Screams extremely loudly*

5. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Anyway, do you guys have any idea who would be transferred to MNL48, whoever will be transfer have a great opportunity to learn English. Also i wonder since MNL48 mgmt. seems to like team 8 a lot, is there any chance one of the team 8 members will be chosen, but i highly doubt it since each one of em represents each prefectures. Also maybe they will get a non-rank girl to be transferred but i could be wrong.

6. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Well it goes both ways. A lot of hurtful things were said to girls who didn't sing or dance AKB songs, it was only a matter of time before someone fought back. Not that I am condoning whatever she said but you but both sides hasn't exactly been harmonious to each other.

Team 8 is the most willing and the cheapest to bring here, plus the girls actually liked it here. That said, I doubt the kennin or transferee will actually come from them unless they totally leave Team 8.

The most important thing about this is that the girl herself must want it.

7. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @dunkindonato, Anyhow, I'll end it here.

@Helliezza, It's always been talk that it would be Yuka Tano, but that's from 2ch, and 2ch had always been speculating members who "look Filipino" to kennin to MNL48.

8. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I would love tano to come, she look fierce and boyish in looks but she is a lovely girl in reality, she shows how to be a good senpai to her kohai.

9. armygirl01

armygirl01 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Translation:
    "Hi MNL48 applicants that didn't make it to the top 200.
    You still have a chance to get called and be included in the top 200.
    Not all the applicants that make it to the top 200 got called and some said No because of education so you still have a chance, hahaha goodluck!

Admin: yes, I'm one of those who got called that said No"

Attached Files:

10. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    I actually thought of this, reason maybe it takes a week before announcing the entire top 200. That there'll be like open slots in Top 200 (due to disqualifications, backed-out, etc,) so ranks 201 onwards can still get in. (If they will accept it too)

Edit: I also like the idea of Kenkyuusei, but I think management will consider this when 48 is already formed and will get girls from 49 - 100.

11. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    our main man and man of the hour:D

12. Hiei Harukkusu

Hiei Harukkusu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satonanami
    Yokomichi expressed willingness but then she'd have to leave 8 and be replaced.

As for English, so true maam, it is certain any member transferred here would have a better grasp of English after a year. That can be a reward at least. Plus with better public transportation soon, same member can enjoy all the nice things within and outside NCR.

Aside from Tano, who are also speculated to be transferred to MNL48?

13. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Personally I think that this is really such a waste. I can't blame the applicants though, but it's still such a waste just considering all the drama in this round.

If some of the girls were not called how will they be properly communicated?

About Tano, she only got mentioned because of 2ch and their rumor mill, because she "looks Filipino" but this is highly unlikely. English learning can be a draw but security is as well.

14. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    So it seems that tano. Being sent of to mnl Mexico and mum well she's got a busy couple of years lmao xD

15. welp

welp Next Girls

Team 8 is speculated to be on verge of dissolve anyway. All Team 8's members have been kennin-ed.

16. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

They are still holding auditions to replace graduated girls. What's the point of doing that if Team 8 is dissolved soon? :^^;:

17. miharuuu

miharuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    maybe they could send Miyu?

18. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Isn't it a bit too early to discuss who will be kennin'd? It could be someone we didn't expect at all, like Ichikawa Miori (who did an impression of a dating-sim last year that was offensive to Filipinos in Japan.) Tano being kennin'd to MNL48 or even to MUM48 seems like a running joke in the sense that she looks "half-Japanese."

Going back to MNL48, it's really strange that there were some girls who were picked who will not be called at all. What about the other girls who are out of Metro Manila or Luzon for that matter? Are they going to be given an all-expense paid flight going to Manila?

It's kind of sad that some girls had to back out after being called just because of studies or their parents. Imagine that to the supporter.

19. miharuuu

miharuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I dont understand why they have to make them quit school I mean like the whole point of having a lot of members is for rotation and to do a lot of things such as events etc at the same time cause everyone would probably have different schedules and projects. BNK members have university students and have a lot of workload but they seem to balance everything especially top members like Cherprang. I'm just wondering why that's all.

20. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    It's not like they're made to quit school. This is the 2nd round after all. It's Showtime can perhaps allocate proper scheduling for all the 200 girls who will be appearing. The problem is that what if some of the girls do indeed become members? How will it affect their schedule? If ever these girls will be displaced but still want to study at the same time, what kind of support will they get from HHE or ABS-CBN to continue their studies? And knowing that Metro Manila is chaotic (public transport, public safety...) it can be problematic for some of the girls outside Metro Manila.

Take Tanchikon for example. She currently studies in the University of the Philippines-Diliman, which is one ride away from where HHE's proposed theater is going to be built. If she gets in, it won't be a problem going to and from home. I cannot say for certain how it will be for the other entrants.

They could probably use Ryo Aki Taxi, another one of HHA's businesses to shuttle girls back and forth during shows or work or practice, and I've heard glowing reviews about them.

I've talked about that in many pages ago.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.