Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    Since 12th generation, the original ace was always overtaken by another member:
    12th gen: Karen was supposed to be the ace, then overtaken by Juri.
    13th gen: Ryoka was supposed to be the ace, then now overtaken by Yuiri.
    14th gen: Mako was supposed to be the ace, then overtaken by Nana.
    15th gen: Naanya was supposed to be the ace, then overtaken by Mion.

Not sure about the fate of Mizuki. If she has a stable rank in this election, then it would be good for her.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

looks like it's sally's week

I'm sure they know it's Sally and not Sari

look here in her very own poster
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I'm only know Sally who rebels to manager because 99% of her tweets are daily ramblings in English (and she hasn't answered my question yet sigh).

JK

Actually I know who Sally is. Not as popular like Sayaya and Riripon, but I heard she is like Milky in SKE. And apparently she is trying to be Rikahime 2.0 (but Rika doesn't force her wota to vote 500 times a day)

Speaking of rich-farmer-wota vs favorite candidate wota, I found this article from Twitter (yeah, the writter is pretty controversial tho). And it's pretty messed :fp: https://jshowbiz.com/english/news/n...andom-for-election-crowdfunding-campaign.html

5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Is it not Taguchi -> Zukki?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Japanese does not have clear difference between 'l' and 'r'. Also, it does not have 'v' and replaces it by 'b'. Besides, they often add vowel after the last consonant or in consonant cluster.
    That why "Vietnam" = "Bentonamu", "Heavy" = "Hebi", "Salt" = "Saruto"....

16th gen: Manaka was supposed to be the ace, then overtaken by Zukki.
    Draft 1: ??? (Aerin, maybe) was supposed to be the ace, then overtaken by Sayaya.
    Draft 2: Hiwatan was supposed to be the ace, then overtaken by Satopii.
    Draft 3: Moeka was supposed to be the ace... :fear:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Takayanagi Akane
    2016 Prelim: 44, Actual: 20
    2017 Prelim: 56, Actual: 15

Pretty sure there are many other members within these parameters.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Fionarei

Fionarei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    How about those 100 Thais buy total of 10 votes. That’s realistic number. One CD costs at least 500baht if I’m not mistaken, and the way they donate is 50 or 100 baht because they think that’s enough. Worse, because the girls say “please cheer me. I’m gonna do my best” a lot of people I talked to think there’s no money involved in voting or it’s a test of ability for girls to do something to rank.
    Sure, there are dedicated fans who might go out to buy 50 CDs or donate more than 1000 baht but that won’t make up for the fact that most of them do nothing at all

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  9. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Yeah Prelim doesn't mean anything. Anything could happen. It's happened so many times. Girls ranked really low or didn't even rank in prelim and made it pretty high in final (miichan last year came to mind) and vice versa.

I wouldn't rule out those thai votes just yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Cher/Music make it to senbatsu or undergirls.

I am gonna start calling you scarlllaaaaa :awesome:

10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It wouldn't, because とむ/トム is gender-neutral in Japanese while Tom is exclusively male in English. Any Japanese male named トム is going to romanise his name as Tom.

Sally doesn't have that problem.

They pushed Karen a lot because of her connection with the Tohoku disaster area, but I don't think they expected that to last? When 12th gen debuted on 2011-05-22, it was Tano in center position. Likewise Juri actually appears on AKBINGO before the other two, though I guess you could argue the switch had already been made by then.

Also from what I remember of 15th Gen, Naanya and Mion were pushed as a pair (and Mion got a fairly big push right out of the gate because of her pre-AKB fame).

I don't see anyone else dethroning her unfortunately. The closest is probably Okada Rina.

11. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

I thought one CD was 300 baht. Maybe the ones with votes are 500?

In general I think it's all about the rich whale wota voters. 20% probably purchase 80% of the total votes.

On the news I saw people trading BNK photo cards where they were valuing some rare versions of them at over 100k baht each(thousands of dollars). In general any Thai wota is going to be way above average economic levels because it's an expensive hobby.

12. Fionarei

Fionarei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Teacher Teacher cost 500baht not including shipping from abroad.
    And yes, they will pay 2000 baht for one set of Cherprang photos because they get to own something.
    They pay 1000 baht for a new album because they get a two-shot ticket.
    But since most BNK wota power lies in newcomers, buying votes doesn’t give them anything physical in a sense, only an idea or abstraction. That’s why they are not willing to pay as much to get the girls to the top even though they can.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  13. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    The scary thing is only one of those original ace still in AKB.

Team 8: Ikumin was supposed to be the ace, then overtaken by Yuiyui
    Pretty sure every generation have similar story.

Tada Kyoka!!! nahh, she's too old to be next gen ace. Honda Sora!! mmm, the same. Watanabe Akari! oh they lost her.

lol, really? just because Sally's name? :lol: Come on...she herself frequently use "Sally" for promotion. Go see her company's name in Aikabu. :rofl:That SSK poster also tells a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    Don’t forget 9th gen: Miyu was supposed to be the ace, then overtaken by Paruru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

And then, in a Jane Eyre-like twist, she lost her mind and got a new hair

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
  16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Wasn't it Shimada Haruka? But she gained a bit of weight so they changed the ace.

Who was the ace in 8th Gen?[hehe]

Anyway, moving on, Komiyama Haruka has now decided to release 16 mobame every day leading up to SSK as Top 16 is her target. So far she's been quite efficient and even managed to almost always find photos for her posts and not just send random two-liners. So I think that's really commendable :1st: I really really wish she can break into Senbatsu, she really does work for it

17. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Renacchi. In 2016 Preelimanary ranked #59. Then ranked #26 in final result. In 2017 preliminary ranked #68, but ranked #21 in final result. That’s kinda why I’m not really worried.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  18. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Gen 1: Takamina -> Acchan
    Gen 2: Kana -> Yuko
    I don't know about 3rd gen but I'm pretty sure this has been happening since the beginning
    The only thing that stayed the same was probably Jurina and Sayanee as the aces of their groups and Moeka ofc [hehe]

I'm really supporting Komi! It's her time!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Heeyyyy soo as the person who proofreads the romaji lyrics on Studio48 and also had to grapple with a terrible system in college I have some pretty strong feelings about romanization. First of all, every romanization system is awful except for the one that accurately reflects Japanese syllables. Suto? Naw bro, if she would spell it すとう in hiragana then you better believe it should be written "Sutou". Is that hard for people who don't know a lick of Japanese? Maybe, but it's also hella confusing once someone does start learning Japanese and wondering where all the extra letters went.

My textbook in college (I will not say which one since the co-author was the head of our East Asian department and I like her [hehe]) used a certain romanization system that I found abjectly miserable to read. It replaced j with z (kanzi instead of kanji, REALLY?) and did some other unspeakably confusing things that I couldn't wrap my brain around. If you ever find yourself in the same situation, don't complain about it to your professors, they will not appreciate your insight :^^;:

Anyway, as for Sally, I think it's ok to change it to Sally simply because it's a cute/different nickname and those are really good and helpful for idols. (I actually didn't realize it wasn't her official nickname from the Japanese side lol).

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1