Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Lol lots of members have participated again after saying it was their last

Minarun said it was her last SSK few years back but kept trying till she got that lucky 8

Churi said in 2014(?) that it’ll be her last SSK if she didn’t make it to senbatsu (sounds familiar?) but she ended up joining till today

Miichan said in 2015(?) that it was her last SSK but we keep seeing her tanking every year a la (atleast Akicha decided to call it quits before it gets more embarrassing. Let’s see what Miichan will do)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rukuya

Rukuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Yeah you're right. It quite suprising because she decent following and push. Just look at Team N's theater performances. Her fans including me are ridiculously disappointed. Wonder if management is going to drop her for the next ace.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Yeah I don't think anyone expected her to enter Senbatsu. She did as best as she possibly could. I was expecting Next girls, really. Her push is working. KatoRena is heading yuria zone and miichan should really retire or shave her head again.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. drahcirpiy

drahcirpiy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    congrats to J and i know she's been goin' for it since the beginning of her career but man, she's the least modest winner i've seen. her smug amongst other facial expressions, her body language, everything. even when sasshi pulled obvious wins in the past 2 elections she was showing such modesty while being genuinely happy and thankful. o well i guess she's been waiting too long for the victory eh lol

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Winner x 1
  5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That was something, huh?

Sakura fans can go straight to the bottom of my post and hit dislike, no need to linger. :^^;:

Now…

New unit with a ridiculously long name for the 10th SSK:
    Things started great with Shiichan ranking again after 6 years, even if it was because they extended the ranks lol

Plenty of new surprising faces in here like Macharin, Yamada, Honda, future Queen of AKB Mizuki and the new Husky Empress of Korea: Noepii.

STU makes their first appearance here as well with Chiho, even if it's at 99th, but they all start somewhere!

The drops that fell in here are quite sad though: Saepii, Marika, Miyupon, Uuka… it made the announcing quite the roller-coaster since one girl was screaming with happiness and the next was shocked to death.

Still, a great lineup with all the groups represented.

Upcoming Girls
    JO ERIKO HAS FINALLY RANKED!!!!1

But Satopii dropped a lot.

BUT YUMIKO RANKED AS WELL!! AND MUSIC!!!

But Aoi, Moeka and Mahohon bombed.

YAY FOR MOEKYUN CENTER!!!!

Another roller-coaster. Another unit with all the groups. Yay?

Future Girls
    Four eitos in here!!! Yay for Nao, Odaeri, Berin and Kuranoo!!! :inlove:

Shibuya's ranking history: 58 – 56 – 60 – 57. We gotta admit her fans are consistent.

Kuranoo dropping so much hurt though, and more when she just got to appear in AKB senbatsu and is K’s current ace? Just… WTF? :confused:

But still, ¼ of this lineup is made of eitos, so it's a win in my book.

Next Girls
    We continue with the excitement of another eito,, Nagisa, rising like the sun.

CHER (not that Cher tho) makes a splash, higher than expected?

Mio, Sayaya, Renacchi and Rika are the new Kuramochi?

SKE fans seem to like Yunana more than HKT likes Voldemort.

MOMOKEITO IS HERE AND MEGUTAN IS CENTER!!!

Many sad surprises here, specially with Sayaya and Renacchi. Even though I didn’t expect them to get to senbatsu, I was hoping they'd stay in UG just so that management knew they have to keep pushing them. But… no.

Gutted for Renacchi, she was SO close last year. :cold:

Undergirls
    Mostly good surprises here, starting with Miichan being dead last. :chuffed:

Seichan rised a spot, which is something!

Katomina, Ryoha, Meru, Yuiyui, Gatanee, Yuuri and Sahhoo bulldozed the rest of the girls this year. Great results!

Kojimako didn't make senbatsu (surprise) but she rose and it's at the Top 3 in the lineup.

Obviously, the upset was Mirurun dropping to 20th. I was expecting her to drop, but staying in senbatsu.
    NMB really fucked her up throwing that center to Sayanee when Mirurun could have done with the promo of current NMB ace. Hopefully she'll make a Dasu and rank back up next year.

Senbatsu
    • Homma Hinata: She stayed in senbatsu, which is more than what Churi and Mirurun can say. One could have thought that being center for a single would have make her gain votes… and she actually lost 2k? Probably her fans trying to not let her single bomb. Hopefully she'll stay at the front of NGT. She's a cutie!
    • Furuhata Nao: She gained 5k votes and still dropped one spot, but ohwell. Now can SKE give her a center after the 10th anniversary festivities are done? The girl truly deserves it!
    • Yoshida Akari: NMB's last hope. I guess her YouTube fandom really is that strong, huh? It doesn't seem to be translating into fans for NMB though.
    • Mukaichi Mion: Exactly where she ranked two years ago lol Hopefully this time she stays and rises! I don't see the General Manager position for her though.
    • Takahashi Juri: She sounded hurt and salty, so I hope she sends out a good email thanking her fans and whatnot. She gained 6k votes, and that's not to be dismissed. As long as she's stable around this area like Sae was, she should be fine.
    • Souda Sarina: Hopefully she asks for 1000 votes per fan next year. That should get her even further down. Ha!
    • Tanaka Miku: COME THROUGH SASSHI CHILD!
    • Yabuki Nako: COME THROUGH SASSHI CHILD 2!
    • Oba Mina: Who would have thought back in 2014, when Minarun was just transferred to SKE and dropped to 56th and everything indicated she was in a sure way out of the rankings the following year, that she'd be at the doors of Kami 7 four years later? Huh? Not me! So happy for her to be there.
    • Muto Tomu: What a comeback! Straight into Kami 7! While I don't believe this is a slap in management's face (every single vote that put Tomu at 7th is money for AKS lol), it is firm statement: Tomu shouldn’t be brushed aside like she’s Sato Amina. Basically:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    • Yokoyama Yui: Whenever I was counting who was left to rank I always left her out lol Good for her!
    • Okada Nana: My queen is the highest AKB girl. So proud. She really has worked her ass off in AKB and STU to get where she is. She looked radiant. She spoke like a good and honest politician and asked us to embrace our otakuism with pride. What else can you ask for an idol? I'll tell you: nothing. Next stop: THE THRONE!
    • Ogino Yuka: I was actually surprised at this. I think we can all agree she was for sure top 3? But then again, we didn't know what was coming after. She gained like 8k votes, and I'm sure she'll stay in those numbers for the time being. Her speech was obviously one of the highlights of the night. Hopefully someone will translate it
    • Miyawaki Sakura: Her face was her name was called should appear in the morning news. It was almost as if she was seeing Samara Morgan coming out of her TV! lol
      She got an impressive rise in votes that puts her in the same league as Mayu (thanks to pulling every trick in the book) and… it wasn't enough. It just wasn't meant to be. She made a decent speech, but hiding from the last official SSK you'll ever take? Uhm… I guess losing to Jurina and Dasu was just too much. Well, NEXT!
    • Suda Akari: Truly the dark horse of this race. Had she reached 1st, 2013 would become the 2nd most shocking election ever. I am not a great fan of hers, but I just love that SKE got the top 2 for their anniversary.
    • Matsui Jurina: The most obvious winner since Oshima Yuko in 2012, but she got 190k votes?? Not even Mayu got that. EVER. Her fans (and SKE fans?) really delivered. I was quite anxious at her not winning because it just felt wrong, and I'm not even a fan of hers lol
      Her smile at the end was the cherry on top of an event that was basically a victory lap for Sakae.

Now, by groups…
    • TPE: Thanks for coming?
    • BNK: Even when they had to get tickets the expensive way, they delivered. The BNK fandom is strong!
    • STU: Good start! I really don’t get why people think more girls should rank when this is their first real SSK. Only Sayanee ranked in NMB’s first. Only Sakura ranked in HKT’s first. Only Katomina ranked in NGT’s first. And STU got two girls! They’re already doing great. Now, the boat!
    • HKT: … gomen, ne?
    • NMB: They really don’t care, do they?
    • SKE: Truly the winners of the night.
    • Team 8: KEEP RISING!!!
    • AKB: They, indeed, need an emergency meeting to debate what the hell they are doing. Seeing girls like Seichan, Megutan or Moekyun barely rising and others like Sayaya, Renacchi and Kuranoo dropping like flies is not nice to see. Give the AKB girls something!!

Overall, the best election since 2013.

Seeing how Sakura was being dragged through hot coals was delicious.

Dasu and Jurina hugging and sitting together when they were the last two left to be called in a packed Nagoya Dome was heart-warming.

Jurina winning felt right.

[​IMG]

So, congratulations, Jurina! And happy 10th anniversary, SKE!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 29
    • Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Welp... my “Sasshi” choice didn’t get #1... but #2 isn’t bad at all. :2nd:

#TheRealMVP :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  7. chpo45

chpo45 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Honestly the whole thing was really boring especially the concert it was really boring like i kinda of see what they were trying to do but it was just so boring. The election was ehh there was barely any surprises except bnk.

The only thing that i liked was when okabe ranked. When a lot of team 8 started to rank in. How oguri got into undergirls and that megu got to center a song ohh and muto got her revenge and got into kami 7

• Disagree Disagree x 18
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

Best SSK ever.
    Dasu overtaking Sakura was amazing, people thought Sakura would win easy lul.
    Even more fun that quite a lot in the S48 discord seemed to hate Jurina and that she would never win, I guess she shut them up with owning this SSK. Sakura never had a chance.

Tonight I am drinking for Jurina and Dasu, well deserved both of them, also drinking for those Sakura fans that spew hate on Jurina before SSK ;)

PS, happy for Nako, Yuihan, Naachan, Zukki as well :p

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Miion baby, you are NOT Souchan material lol don't give up being Ace, we need Aces, not Sou-chans. Also saying you want to be Sou-chan... isn't that lowkey wishing for Yuihan to graduate? Man, I hope Yuihan didn't read it like that XD

I don't understand why people think Yuiyui's position is disappointing- She has barely started a goripush and she's already leagues above Hana. I think her position is impressive and she can easily climb to Senbatsu if she keeps momentum, everything's laid out for her. Now about Hana... I hope Management recognizes now that NakoMiku deserve each a solo center for their feat. not together, SOLO. Give them back to back singles asap and let Hana rest. SKE is doing soemthing right with Yunana, now if hakos had tried they could have made a fine statement taking her right to Senbatsu. Sarina and Dasu are okay I guess, but they are not young. They are better off prioritizing Nao and Yunana, they will stay for longer...

Miichan, baby. Now this is ONE who should say kuyashii but then says something else instead of complaining. Nothing but respect for MY president. No breakdowns, no complaints, just pure unadulterated poise. People will keep dragging her for saying she'd skip 2 years ago and changing her opinion the next year for seeing the tiniest sliver of hope but then will beg others who skipped to come back. Give her a break. She has done her best, but as her fan I think this is as far as she can go in SSK now. I only want her to keep living her idol life peacefully and under her terms. If she wants to try again... well, regardless of the outcome, she's still got my vote so nothing changes.

I feel awful for Mahohon, Komi, Okappa... I expected them to rise, specially Komi, but she got stuck. I hope she makes a comeback to UG next year. Rikahime also fell, but I think it could have been worse and she can recover for this. Katomina, I hate your current hairstyle but I LOVE you. congratulations on UG <3

Dasu, I'm not comfortable with her being #2 at all :/ I wanted Sakura, I really wanted Sakura up there. And Ogiyuka is not speeding as expected... her strenght really is in early voters. Seems like NGT is taking a flavor of the Month approach to their strategy considering how girls expected to rise just flopped and girls who we didn't expect were suddenly ranking up.

Naachan didn't rise like I wanted her to, but she's making fine progress. For one, FINALLY Kami 7. I'm extremely grateful to her voters for this. She's the greatest.

Speaking of Flavor of the Month, Minarun is a rise I did not expect and all and yet I'm super happy for. It was amazing to me. Tomu's smug poker face was everything, I hope Management stops leaving her out now. Mirurun, child.... but Akarin's going strong and her work is to be commended. I hope NMB rewards her handsomely.

I expected Cherprang to rank higher but she got an extremely satisfactory result for her first time. She and Music are to be reckoned with. The TPE girls, though.... not one of them made it.

• Like Like x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    if dasu being 2nd by beating sakura is not surprising for you, then life must be very boring eh?

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Are you talking when AFTER Sakura was announced? How she was smugged amongst other facial expressions, her body language, everything?

I'm not a Jurina's fan (I like her though) but she looked anyhing but smugged.. even after Sakura was announced at 3, she was still waiting for "the" confirmation because there was a tiny chance Dasu could be number 1.. when Dasu was announced and Jurina was finally called at #1, she looked happy.. any one who followed 48 knew how much she wanted this... every girl who enters SSK WANTS the ultimate crown... I don't see that as smugness.. moreover, girl been working for what now 10-11 years, she deserved it and out of ALL girls that ran for SSK this year, she deserved it the most just because, if not for anything else, she has worked her ass off for the past 10-11 years

• Like x 13
    • Agree x 8
    • Winner x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  12. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I think girls should be allowed to be happy and smug about their own achievements. Let J have this. After this she won't be allowed to say "kuyashii" anymore xD It's not like she insulted anyone or rubbed it in anyone's faces either. And throughout her speech she was nothing but gracious and grateful. She was genuinely happy and I'm glad for her.

• Like Like x 20
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    And now I think this is the time to shift Jurina to the 2nd row cause she doesn't need more push. She will be respected by the group fans if they give Yukirin position to her (in the middle row, not the frontgirl anymore).

And for Sakura... Just give her at least one center song in her group and after that they can put her wherever they want. She got nothing after they broke her kennin position and now she failed to be atleast number 2 in the group. It's not Sakura's or fans' failed, but it's management's.

Tomu should focus on her study. No need to care about senbatsu cause she's so popular now even without in the single for a whole year.

The stuck girls should know their place.

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Jurina being forced to hug Sakura was the most cringe thing ever. Jurina's shit-eating grin was almost as bad.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

For real.

The way Jurina was looking at her was basically Don’t try to come for me ever again.
    And that hug where they kept their eyes open... Sakura was so shocked.

But we know this will probably make the Korean Sakura fans powervote her in Produce and she’ll be first there.

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Punkish

Punkish Kenkyuusei

Where can you thank AKB for that crisp 720p60fps stream??lol

Congratulations to Jurina!!:1st:

• Like Like x 14
  17. trxsh

trxsh Member

I guess people still talk about SKE fans as if they'll vote for any member for the sake of them being SKE and for making a statement for the group and so on- well I'm seeing it a bit in this thread. I know that's widely believed here but I think it's kind of misunderstood.

While it's true that there's can be a hako oshi push towards getting things like a win for the group, or maybe the Mikotti campaign might have got an extra push from group fans who wanted to show appreciation for a leader figure- the main push comes from the efforts of fans of that girl.

I know I wrote before that SKE fans were really powerful but I wasn't implying there wasn't oshi support involved. Dasu came second largely because her fans supported her to get there. Same with Minarun, Sally, etc. Yunana did well but she's still fresh and most likely just needs more time to develop her fanbase. That's why she's lower than members with more mature fanbases, not because SKE fans lack foresight and just want to push old members.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Wow...SKE said in that documentary (remember THAT SKE Documentary from 2013-14??) where they openly said they wanted to Invade & Over-ride AKB48...yeah, watch it again.

Many of you were hoping for SPRING & a Rice Queen...instead SKE did #1 & #2 ALL Over AKB48. (I want at least 10 "creatives" for that poetry- lol).

What are you gonna do? It's a Math & Wota money game. This is the IDOL game. You can't win if you don't play. And now we get to see what SKE diehards would do w/ the Keys to AKB48...and who to blame while it's under their watch (*think about it*).

Long Story-Shot (Shut Up!) If AKI-P had bothered to cultivate his NEXT Gens after Yuko left instead of sitting on benches w/ disco rehashes & folk songs while planning graduations- MAYBE AKB would've had some Icons of their own?? You think AKI-P cares about AKB48 anymore? Hell, he's already bored of Yurina Hirate (Keyaki46- when she actually shows up).

Yaaaa for Ryoha, Saho, KojiMako, Yabuki, Miku, Suda Akari, & Akari (NMB)- The Idols go UP & the Idols go Down...& there's Minegishi who is always going to be around (OHHHH!!!).

I'm excited for Suda Akari- she's a sweet girl. Fans really 'Bent Over Backwards' for her this year (OOOHHHH!!!). Here's how you know it's ALL about $$ - RikaHime (NGT48) Salty Roast Queen got like 20 something? (was it 30s) and Komiyama Haruka how fight dragons in a bikini on Showroom just for honest VOTES was still on 50 something. You can't control these things - it's about Money & Math. Just tell your Oshi's you love them, Cheer them On, & when it stops being FUN - go do something else you LOVE.

These Angels are on LOAN to us!

p.s. "Dislikes" & "Disagrees" only make me Stronger- lol.
    Yeah don't click this...
    No really - Trigger warning
    SUDA! SUDA! SUDA! SUDA! SUDA!!!! SUDA!!! - remember it's better to Rule in KPOP than be just a # in Japan. You wanna rule Japan or be the 1st ASIA Global "Ace"

• Creative Creative x 12
    • Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    It was such a great SSK. I do have a bit of a hangover tho cause once we got into Undergirl i needed to drink more and more (Miru my NMB-homegirl...I made a whole new cup just for you).

Some sad moments now that I'm completely sober: Izurina, Mogi, Myao, and a bunch of other girls I was rooting for didn't rank. Riko was FG center last year...harsh blow from HKT fans tbh. Izurina was a champ tho helping her BNK members. That translator tho lolol. Also, believe it or not I'm not super sad for Kaotan. Centering UG is good enough considering everthing

Some happy moments: Dasu and Ms. No-Neck really showed up in senbatsu huh lool. I was worrying so much Minarun wouldn't rank, but that neck graced us all. I'm actually really happy for Ogiyuka even tho I wanted her to win. Honestly, NGT fans should have come together this year. Lots of KKS got in, but their goal should have been Hinata and Ogiyuka. Maybe she still wouldn't have won, but imagine Sakura at 4th instead of 3rd lolol. Speaking of I'm happy for Sakura. I like Dasu a lot and even tho I never would have guessed she would have outranked Sakura, Sakura still got a shit ton of votes. Like others have said she got the same as Mayu did when she won the election right? That's not a small feat. Also, Cher can step on me in English, Thai, and Japanese!~

Random thoughts: SAHO, YAHO! lol. So happy for her. I always remembered her as the sweet member who helped a suicidal fan and ever since I had fallen for her and I'm so glad she ranked soooo high. Megu and Moe centers are wonderful. Even tho I'm happy for Shiichan I know the 81-100 position shouldn't be taken super seriously, but you're doing amazing sweetie~

Oh and Akarin better be NMB's top priority now. Sorry Miru.

• Like Like x 3
  20. onego123

onego123 Member

What happened was we were originally just gonna push Cher, but when the prelim results were announced we decided to risk trying to get in 2. Also both of them had crowd funding campaigns. https://twitter.com/Music48Project/status/1007513063619100672 https://twitter.com/VoteForCHER__/status/1007535832645791744

TPE48 hasn't released any music yet, and is still relatively unknown to the Taiwanese public. They're also allegedly broke, but that's a story for another thread.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1