IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I wouldn't say it's common plus I think dingo music (and all their other channels) are all web-based varieties. You won't see this kind of show (involving idols) on Korean TV broadcasts.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    LoL in my point of view, the best & amusing reaction clip so far. He bother to pause and review the segment he saw

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    No, it's days after PD48 ends (1st week of September cmiiw).

Some of K-idols, especially older idols did Tipsy Live on Dingo TV, but newly debuted idols didn't do that because that's really high-risked (well, you don't want your idol would be popular as "drunken idol" lol). Also, if IZ*ONE do Tipsy Live, it will be Eunbi, Sakura, Hyewon, and Yena :fear: (only 1/3 of them lol)

4. cahbr

cahbr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    It's not common to be broadcasted on tv, especially since so many kpop idols aren't even allowed to legally drink. But it can happen occasionally, mostly with more established artists that don't have to worry too much about their image anymore. iirc Mamamoo went on a show called 'My Little Television' and one of the segments they did was literally them making cocktails. Actually Mamamoo members have drank on tv somewhat often lol.

You'll also find some idols endorsing alcohol brands and stuff. But it's more common to see idols drinking in online content, that's for sure.

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Another weekly voting: Vote IZ*ONE in Show Champion's prevoting for next week's winner! Here's the tutorial (Okay, it's from other fandom but whatsoever lol).
    Currently IZ*ONE is at #4 place. Although they are against sunbaenim with dedicated fandoms, at least give the best support for the girls or they will do "kuyashii" speech
    Screenshot_2018-11-05-22-51-13.png

• Like Like x 3
  6. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

If I remember most kpop company use Girls' generation "into the new world" as a monthly (not every month) evaluation song for their trainees. So it's normal to use other groups' songs for case like this, beside simply covering for fun.

7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    She's tall + the hat = amplified center aura. Similar thing happened with SNSD's Yuri a lot. She was never the center but the stylists usually put her (and Sooyoung) in outfits or accessories that would make her stand out a lot, making a lot of people think they were center's at times lol.

IZONE with fromis_9!
    fromizone.jpg

fromis_9 and IZONE are from the same company, and the korean members all have connections with the other members (for the 48g member, they know Gyuri from P48 lol), so they're pretty much izone's sister group lol

edit: mod, as soon as i realized the photo was too large i began to resize it. I'd be grateful if next time you didn't delete the text alongside it :c

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    From what i know they usually do it for online content and only established groups with all the members being legal are only allowed to do it. Rookies and groups with underanged members don’t do it, and it’s not that often.

9. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

I'm pretty sure this is @Trinu :hehe:

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

AS IF I'd wear a hat and get rid of my beard??????????????????

11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    I salute to Sunmi for still singing with good voice while she completely drunk. What a queen.[hehe]
    I hope IZ*ONE don't do tipsy live. I can't imagine Sakura being tipsy while singing.:fear:

13. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    So Naver x Dispatch just dropped a trove of HQ pics of their photo shoot with IZ*One. This is photo book quality pics that they have essentially given away for free. Every single member looks gorgeous.

http://naver.me/xkBWGFq4

edit: not 7k, but still a decent amount

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  14. cahbr

cahbr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Wonder Girls and especially EXID's are my favorites. Hani being completely sh*tfaced lol.

IZ*ONE girlies would never though, don't worry. A couple of the oldest IOI girlies did it but only after IOI had disbanded

15. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Informative Informative x 3
  16. welp

welp Next Girls

Not really.
    1) La Vie en Rose was meant to be the title track for CLC's comeback in either June or July. That recording was not a demo but was meant for commercial release. They even already had learnt the choreo (definitely different version from IZ*One's).
    2) CLC's comeback was scrapped, likely for a rush comeback of I-dle. More promotion for I-dle will solidify its chance to win Rookie of the Year.
    3) Mospick was not 1 person but a team. It's said a member of Mospick decided to part way with Cube to create his own label.

Talking about Rookie of the Year award, I-dle likely will win in all events but MAMA. IZ*One will be nominated nowhere but MAMA. Without biased treatment, neither IZ*One were nominated in MAMA.The group debuted very late in the year and should be nominated next year instead. I assume CJ hastened IZ*One nomination to avoid JYP's new girl group rumored to debut next year.

tvN (a cable channel, another business of CJ ENM) even airs a show named "Tipsy Talk". Various female idols have guested this show. I even have seen few female idols drank in KBS' tv shows. To the Korean, there is nothing controversial about adult female celebs drinking liquor. I also saw Joy of Red Velvet drank some wine and cocktail in Pajama Friends (a show on a cable channel, Lifetime). Sooner or later, we may see Sakura sip some beer or soju on a tv show.

South Korean culture is extremely alcoholic. Both Korean men and women drink a lot. If I remember correctly, in 2015, South Korea ranked the world's #3 biggest drinker basing on average alcohol consumption per person.

topped digital chart with 3,xxx downloads?! Japan's digital music market truly is small.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Let's just say idol music and it's current gimmicks aren't really suited for digital market.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    i didn't think it'll sell that low physically... in Japan...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Any French people/speaker? Doesn't La Vie En Rose mean The Life Of Rose? I'd also like to learn French, I wish it was titled La Vie Du Rose which means The Life Of Rose, is it correct?

20. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Not really. IZ*ONE tops foreign artist chart section, so it's different than usual oricon chart. Also, on same week Yonezu Kenshi released his new single so 99% of Japanese prefer to buy his song :fear:

Anyway, more long legs

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Don't forget to vote them @ MAMA 2018 and Idol Champ :awesome:

• Agree Agree x 3