IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i kinda notice nako lately. she is pretty and look matured.

2. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Yeah, for now. We're not sure how long Sasshi will stay with HKT. Who knows that she will graduate during SakuNako's exile in kpop world :fear:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    okay and? if her HS are anything to go by, sasshi doesn't really help the sales aspect for hkt like sakura did lol.

exactly. the chances of sasshi graduating during the 2.5 years is incredibly high. haruppi is still mia, miku just lost her other half, and management are still trying to make hana a thing. if hkt dont seriously start pushing fresh faces and seeing the same results of sakura and nako they're gonna be in trouble in terms of sales.

4. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I think OP was saying their top 2 members after Sasshi, just left the group. So OP was referring to Sakura and Nako.

5. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    No worries, Watanabe Akari is on her way :D

Btw, maybe more updates about iz*one? Or this oot discussion will continue [hehe]

6. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Let's.. btw any chance this izone group might be extended? I know previous groups have/will disband.. but with its popularity... they can be the most successful one yet...

Like have the producers/agents/execs given any hint that this could last more depending on how successful the group can be?

7. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Ah, then it makes more sense. Actually that "after Sasshi just left the group" made me so worried, that I had to check from Sasshi's thread and wiki to make sure, that I haven't missed the news of her sudden graduation. :D

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    If I remember right, they hintef of a possible extension when they anounced the 2,5 year contract.
    That was just before Ep 0.

9. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    It's one freaking week since their debut, so their journey is still far way from finish line. So we'll see how popular they are and how OTR handles the girls for 30 months contract.

(But if they extend their contract, prolly only K-lines + Hii(?) since Eito's future is unknown after Tokyo 2020 -am I right?)

Daily IZ*ONE Update!
    Some videos:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Hmmm .... I'm a super noob in kpop and their music and variety and youtube clips but I notice the groups do cover of each others' song and like the MC mentioned in the recent Idol Room .... it's a path idols go thru.

Can the pros enlighten me ... is it common for such practice in kpop ?
    They can sing and dance other groups songs as in doing covers, etc ?
    Dun mean to bring the previous pages back but just that I'm so noob ... it's like my impression is like if this group dun like the song, etc ... they can release it back to the common pool and other can pick it up, etc ..... :confused:

11. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

I dont think extension will benefit all the members equally tho. Some of the members may have groups from their company to debut, like Wollim girls or YueHua trio. Another year of extension can make the rest members of the supposed debut group leave the company bcs tired of waiting or give up (2.5 years is already long enough and they dont get any younger). They can always get new trainees tho lol.

Speaking of CLC and the song, I dont think the impact will be the same. EXO's releases post Kokobop was B-tracks quality but the fandom still worship it anyway. Dreamcatcher has many song with quality up to par with La Vie n Rose but still not going further.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

12. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I am probably gonna get some hate for saying this but the more I watch the live videos, the more I feel Sakura is out of place? There's something about the way they style her (or is it her personal style) that makes her very "noticeable" in the group shot... maybe it's the hat? The short hair?

Nako and hitomi "blend" well, I can see them as any other kpop stars.. sakura still feels very "japanese"

Am I making any sense here? Lol

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    That relay dance is absolute GOLD
    That 3:57 with the petal landing perfectly on Sakura's head :blush:

-----------

I do agree that its quite deliberate (which I know some are happy for and some are not)

14. lolipopo

lolipopo Kenkyuusei

It's pretty common for them to learn and rehearse other group's song during their trainee days. They might also perform it during evaluation time to determine if they were ready in the company's eyes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    It's usual thing in K-idol world -like @lolipopo said. Not only the trainees, even newly debuted group usually do cover dance/song of their popular senior group to attract new fans #stantalentstanxxx

Fresh from the oven

16. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

This is actually how pop music works all around the world. Bruno Mars wrote a ton of songs that other people performed. Way back in the 90s when I listened to country music, a lot of the popular songs were written by one guy who wasn't himself very popular. If I recall correctly Ke$ha had a song, and performed it for herself, that then went to Girls' Generation (or vice versa, or some other kpop group but I forget which). This is literally how the business is everywhere and CLC/IZ*ONE are nothing at all new.

I've said this a few times and I get lots of dislikes for it. :p

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. welp

welp Next Girls

Nako and Hitomi were said to attend a foreign school in Korea in the next semester year. I know twitter is not reliable source yet, it's the only source to mention this topic. I don't know if "foreign school" here simply means an international school or the school specifically named ... Foreign School. There are some "... Foreign School" in Seoul, well-known ones are Kent Foreign School and Seoul Foreign School.

Meanwhile, Ahn Yujin was reported to be a new student of SOPA (School of Performance Arts Seoul) along with Baek Jiheon from Fromis9. Both were born in 2003 and will enroll the field of "Practical Music".

CJ must have expected explosive success for the group from the start judging from the success of its precedent groups (I.O.I and Wanna One).

Rather than done with HKT, in my opinion, she was done with HKT's style/AKS marketing scheme. From my observation, Sakura enjoyed being properly trained, being recognized as performer not just cute "idol", and to do a different concept she never done. She still loves her HKT group, still seeing herself as HKT's member.

16 is a familiar number for AKB's fans but, that's too big for K-pop world. You already complained about line/screen time distribution and, it would be worse if there were more members. Besides, in K-pop system, the maintenance for the such big group will be very investing. K-pop agency must provide
    - accommodation
    - transportation
    - grooming
    - training
    - etc.
    to its idols. The cost per each member is much higher. Also, as members live under one roof, more members they are, more likely there will be conflict.

I'm a believer of the "line-up is rigged" theory. I believe Kaeun was planned to fail from the beginning. Also, she surely will debut next to Yunjin (Kirinchan). However, it's hazy how her group will do.

Sakura did say many of her fans told her they would keep supporting her in the new group. Nako too will be able to keep many of her fans and she will gain many new fans in Japan in the same way dozens of K-pop groups gain fans in Japan.

Nako, despite best Korean pronunciation, has most nasal voice. I won't be surprised if Sakura keeps getting more lines over Nako and, nothing is unfair about this. Her voice sticks out from Korean members' ones. Besides, even if it sounds right to our ears, it may not sound the same to Korean ears. Twice's J members still were criticized for their pronunciation in their 2nd year of career. Nako has been in Korea much shorter.

Anyway, screen time in the MV does not vary with the line distribution. A member may get 15 seconds of solo shots despite barely 8 seconds of solo lines.

About the exclusive contract, Japanese members definitely did not know about this from the start. Mid-show, it was a rumor that, out of 2.5 years, 1.5 years would be exclusive to K-pop. A fan asked Nako about this rumor in a handshake event. She replied she had asked Ozakisan about this but he didn't know. Despite the member being clueless, AKS likely had known this. Japanese companies are usually very meticulous about the contract (thus their contracts tend to be many pages long). This is such a crucial topic that it's almost impossible that AKS would sign the contract without this settled.

As different agencies with different plans in minds involved, it will be very difficult to renew IZ*One contract. However, there is a possibility, albeit low, that IZ*One will keep afloat as a smaller unit with its Japanese members and some of its Korean members intact. There is a rumor that some of Wanna One will stick together under Wanna One brand.

It is more possible that, if IZ*One is hugely successful, AKS will create a special unit that will release Korean songs and promote in Korea with Sakura, Nako and Hitomi as core members.

An outright Korean sister group with Sakura, Nako and Hitomi as kennin also is a possibility.

P.S. In K-pop, producer, aka PD, means either music producer or tv show producer. Usually, PD has nothing to do with idol management. Bang Sihyuk, the chairman of Big Hit, is called Bang PD because he actually has composed many song not because he has formed and managed the idol group in his agency.

A word you will hear often is "sajangnim" = shachou in Japanese (the chairperson of a company). You'll keep seeing members say "sajangnim told us ...".

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
  19. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    It's a very common thing for new idols to dance to other idols' music. They use it for game and sometimes even perform a full cover on music shows. It can generate more fans who wouldn't have checked them out if they didn't do a cover of their favorite group's song.

For CLC's case with La Vie En Rose, I believe Mospick is a producer who mainly works with Cube Entertainment (CLC's company) so they may have either recorded the demo for it or the song was supposed to be for them but got shelved due to the company going with a different direction in terms of their comeback. Usually this happens within the company but for some reason it went to IZ*ONE.

20. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    My friend recommended me to type "tipsy live" on YT, and the results is some K Idols singing on tipsy condition. Is it common on K Idol to broadcast when they were on drunk?.