IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

A shameless self-propelling ship. :rolleyes:
    https://twitter.com/hotaruchae/status/1061251425223663622?s=21
    chaeyeon: saku-chan keeps saying i’m having one-sided love towards her but she’s the one having one-sided love, she keeps lying to the fans
    sakura: pls dont lie!

(I'll highly appreciate if someone tell me how to quote/embed from twitter if that's doable.)

2. Bingo

Bingo Member

I wonder if J-line weren't in the group, would IZ*ONE still achieve this level of popular?

3. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yes. Pls remember that K-pop's ifans are way way way more than J-pop's ifans. The alternative question is without IZ*ONE, would you guys see/watch this many pics, vids (especially subbed vids) and news about J-line.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

you can't embed tweet in stage48

• Like Like x 1
  5. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Ummm, that's what everyone is doing all the time in this forum even before the idea of this group come to light isn't it. :chuffed: you know all three have their own fanbase who already doing it anytime they can/allowed to do don't you?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    K-fans are obsessed with granting "National" status to nearly everything. But yeah, 1 vote from me to this (inter)National Couple :blush:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    IZ*ONE is nominated for first place on this week's Inkigayo! Unfortunately, they lost :^^;:
    DrtMcLpUwAAdzQi.jpg large.jpg
    (at least they beat exo-sunbaenim :awesome: )

Today's performance (watch the video ASAP before SBS blocks it)

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Naver TV version (you need VPN to watch if you got region-blocked): https://tv.naver.com/v/4494178

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    You will find the answer in their respective huge threads

Fans before Produce didn't wait on this show to get tons of content by whatever way.
    Produce didn't change that much, it provided, something different.
    I suppose you mean the availibility of TV shows and subbed content right ?.
    Then ask Japan to stop following strictly the Berne convention. Good luck with that.

• Like Like x 4
  9. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I actually think J-line are carrying IZ*ONE's sales pretty hard right now. 100k+ sales is more than Red Velvet has ever gotten and SM has been trying to push them for YEARS. Given that P48 was indisputably less popular than P101 S1 in S.Korea and the majority of hype for P48 internationally was on the 48G girls I wouldn't be surprised if J-line (heck Sakura+Nako alone) are responsible for 50k+ of the sales. This is child's play for their fans when you consider for SSK season the J-line combined amassed over 200k votes.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Here’s the thing, if you barely supported Kpop before IZONE comparing sales and giving credit to J-line is asinine. If you are a huge Jpop fan or stan (particularly of a member who is in the group) you may have over looked Kpop therefore know nothing of the real dominance of Kpop. Same with Kpop Stan’s and fans who over look Jpop you really are under estimating the J-lines backing as well.

My point comparing Jpop to Kpop is like apples to oranges. One genre is pretty domestic but can reach the Asian population and western aswell and the other is infact Globally booming. However both are killing it and owning. IZONE didn’t “need” J-line to break records as they are from a widely popular show “Produce 101” almost every group created is bound to become popular based off past groups, IOI and WANNA ONE. The members themselves especially Chaeyeon had a huuuuge backing already from Kpop a star and 16 and other members too. However, let’s not be blind and ignore the Monster power behind the J-line. Their presence for sure helped the success of this group, but let’s not give all the credit to Kpop or Jpop.

This group is a Monster Rookie Group because they have J-line and K-line and I hope Akip does this often. Just to give the girls another version of stardom and fanpower. #WIZONE

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 8
  11. Nilya Derencli

Nilya Derencli Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

IZ*ONE lost to Paul Kim.
    This is a good reminder. Digital sales and Streaming are very, very important in South Korea.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    it is pretty weird actually how izone manage to surpass 100k mark all of sudden..like someone said, kpop global fans arent that easy in spending money especially on girl group, most of them are only streaming hard. meanwhile, i dont think the fanbase of ktrainee is actually big enough to support that.they are not twice or blackpink level at all. therefore, im pretty sure at least the Jtrainee contribute 50% of the album sales.. and the album isnot even outstanding or special.

• Agree x 9
    • Dislike x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. wizone

wizone Kenkyuusei

its not weird. majority of sales are from fansigns. they announced their first fansign during their first week and they already had 12(?) fansigns so far and it looks like otr will announce more. to be able to enter you need to buy tons of albums and its not guaranteed that you'll make it bc its a lottery. so more fansigns = more sales.

---
    anw, here's sakura receiving her nintendo switch and ps4 from fans during fansigns
    https://twitter.com/ULTSAKURAS/status/1061598393183555585?s=19

14. sakufan

sakufan Kenkyuusei

IOI and Wanna one did well without any Japanese akb member so if we did a scenario where its was a regular pd101 the charms would be different and the girls would still be breaking records left and right. I think this is a team effort, the fanbases of each one are strong enough to buy the albums. However in this case Sakura’s fanbase probably contributed a lot but her fanbase who is into kpop also blew up thanks to pd48.

15. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

the only voice of reason in this thread

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

How many albums do PS4 and Nintendo switch worth lol.
    They have rich fans for sure, buying tons of albums to get into fansigning is easy.

Idk how idols live financially in SK tbh. In TV shows they give gift like beef and dried peach or some cheap electronics like massager for prizes and the idols seems like they want that so bad. But in fansigning they got PS4 and Switch lol.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

17. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    The fanchants were made by the girls & the agency so you can only blame them lol
    Also fanmades are made this way on purpose, the main goal is to not hide the voice of the artists while still showing support to them & promoting them.

That’s because a lot of shows are scripted, if they had to gifts pricey things to each of their guests all those kpop variety shows would go bankrupt. It’s better to have them pretend to be excited by meat than having them being like “ok”
    Also lot of nugu groups can’t afford some type of meats because they still haven’t paid back their agency so they get little to no money, that’s also why some fans prefer to save money to offer them expensive stuffs that won’t be stolen by the agency

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bingo

Bingo Member

I believe they are not allowed to accept expensive gifts, food.... from fans. It would be nice Sakura allowed to keep them.

20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    It depends on the agency, some agencies don’t accept voluminous gifts, other don’t accept expensive ones, some don’t accept food, etc
    It really depends on the agency.
    I honestly wish all agencies banned homemade food but eh...