IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
  2. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Well tbvh PD48 being half Japanese is the reason why the show wasn’t a domestic hit like the past 2 seasons. If it’s just Produce SS3 it would have been a lot more popular with the public. The final group would probably do just as well as Izone even without the 48G contestants.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

what is this playfulness? did Nako and Sakura bring HKT-izm to the group? [hehe]

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

Finally some intellectual deduction!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Err correct me if i'm wrong isnt jline main wota is from japan? And their japan sales you can see it in couple last page :^^;:

6. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

It's a common thing I guess. Switch roles, swap places, playful, funny costums, etc for dance routines are considered as fanservice. E.g. GOT7 which released many vers of their dance practices: boyfriend ver, pijama ver, wink ver etc.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

7. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Those who questioning about IZ*ONE sales b/c of the existence of the J-line should think about it a moment... If the J-members's fanbases are that powerful, why couldn't they help Sakura become no.1 in the Sousenkyo, or help the other 2 get into the top 7? I mean I know there are a lot of elitists in K46's fanbase, but I don't know that AKB's fanbase still have that many of them.

Anw, about food and drink. No company would allow their artists to eat/drink them, not anymore, b/c of the past incident. They might still accept those kind of gifts from their fans at fan-signs, but they will not eat/drink them later. And about expensive gifts, I'm pretty sure it is not that rare for K-fans to give their idols expensive tablets (iPad)/phones (iPhone, such as iPhone X)/watches, etc... There are even competitions among fan-sites to see how many expensive gifts they can gift to their idols. K-fans might not buy that many album/single copies compare to J-fans, but instead, they will use their money to spend on other things, such as expensive gifts, donate/ do charity on behalf of their idols/ buy ads to promote their idols comeback, etc...

8. welp

welp Next Girls

I don't know which thread should this info goes but various AKB48's songs are now available on Korean music streaming platforms such as MelOn and Genie.
    https://www.melon.com/artist/album.htm?artistId=241266
    http://www.genie.co.kr/detail/artistInfo?xxnm=57645429
    Seemingly, AKB48's albums have been gradually published on these platforms starting from July this year.

The popularity may not be accurately gauged by physical sale as that can be inflated by some bulk buying fans (or even manipulation in some cases). And, if you look at their digital chart, it didn't do that great.

We can only be certain that Japanese members help boost the physical sale up (and that means a lot to the group's earning) and the group be more domestically popular without AKS's involvement but, what about international popularity? We can't tell for sure.

Despite low rating, Produce48 was a big buzz. So, IZ*One would debut under bright spotlight regardless.

You neglected various factors, better management, higher budget of promotion, better debut song etc. "Dream Girl" unarguably one of top ten worst title songs of the year. The agency for I.O.I was settled almost 2 months after the show ended thus, the debut was rushed and poorly managed.

Without buying i-fans, I wonder how K-pop oversea concert tickets sell. Can you enlighten me? Also, all merches and albums C-fans flaunt probably are manufactured in Shenzhen I guess.

I'm clueless about persimmon but those beef sets given in TV show are hanwoo, premium beef, equivalent to Korean wagyu. Definitely not something ordinary peoples eat on daily basis but only in special occasions. I saw idols jumped over fried chicken or bingsoo (shaved ice) too and that surely were something they could effort in daily lives.

K-pop idols' incomes depend solely upon the revenue they generate. Judging from the quantity of physical copies IZ*One have sold, Sakura likely will earn more than what she earned in HKT. I don't know when they will get their first paychecks though.

If you're excited over PS4 or Switch, be prepared to be thrilled by birthday gifts to be given to them in next year (unless gifts are not allowed).

That was not uncommon in K-pop. For example,

I don't think so. At least, I guess (Jung) Chaeyeon got to eat this fan-given cake.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  9. Bingo

Bingo Member

I am surprised that you asked this question. AKB48 Senbatsu Sousenkyo was June 16, 2018. Produce 48 first episode aired June 15, 2018 with 96 J-trainees. Sakura was almost unknown in Korea. Jurina is way more popular than Sakura and also has a Korean fanbase, the election was held in her hometown. The other two (Hitomi and Nako?) How would they know that these two will be in the final. Hitomi was unknown never ranked before.
    K-fans and C-fans are crazy to spend ton of money for subway ads, billboards in Korea,China and Thailand, especially for Sakura, there is an ad 100 meters long ad in China, better spend that money on CD or merchandise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

Exactly why was Sakura, one of the best seller of 48G, was pushed hard af in the pilot od P48; was judged as class A despite the lack of everything, every thumbnails was her face, seemingly rigged Nekkoya center voting, etc altho in the actual show they didnt show her much.

If Jlines esp Sakura, dont have that power they wouldve gone to push Woonyoung/Yujin/Minju whose bigger Korean fanbases lol.

Sent from my SCL22 using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

Wow at all these essays. Not that it's a bad thing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    those k trainees in p48, i dont think that popular compare to season1 girls. in season1 the girls are really popular individually although after they disband, many of fans also left them. i will forever believe, sakura actually is number 1, but unless koreans united to vote unknown girl wooyoung to be the centre, mnet definitely manipulated the final chart. i cant believe someone is so naive and belittle sakura hardcore fandom.

• Old Old x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    • Informative Informative x 4
  14. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Would be a better comparison once they do Japanese promotion. And if also managed by AKS with the same gimmicks, we can actually see the difference of each individual support. Jlinewotas will obviously flood the events, but Kpop also kind of big deal in Japan. So I think new fans can choose whoever available. Jline or not. I guess I will not be surprised if they break other K big guns sales in Japan.

There is a reason why after 12 years AKS still able to manage an idol group with hundreds of member while most of their activities are HS event. It is profitable. :D
    And the "playbook" to get #1 in each country is different. That's why the strategy of respective agencies and fanbase also different.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  15. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Yes its not nice to belittle jline contribution, the same way is when belittle kline and kpop fans, without enough evidence it better to not exggerating thing, and i think the reason why mnet agree to collaborate with akb is more to they want to penetrate japan market as no 2 in the world, and the same with akb, aki-p want to penetrate world market by using kpop wave

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think all 12 members contribute more to Izone's success than other PD48 contestants would have (in theory) since they are the top 12 members. And I think it's fairly reasonable to assume that the jline contributes more than if they were replaced with 3 random k-trainees and these aren't random japanese idols either (especially sakura and nako) which is why imo they were able to place in the final group despite the PD48 vote being limited to national producers.

Anyway, if the jline isn't contributing enough to some people's satisfaction, let's wait until the group debuts in japan so they can contribute more.

Because the fanbases of jurina, suda and others in the top 7 are also powerful if not more so? Not sure how comparing the jline fanbases with the fanbases of other 48G members factors into the jline contribution to Izone.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    1. This year is SKE's 10th anniversary
    2. It's held in Nagoya
    3. SKE wota are more dedicated than HKT's

End of SSK-related discussion. Now, daily IZ*ONE news!

Some videos:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    This is super late, but, congrats on your first win, IZ*ONE! I am so proud of these girls! :banana:

19. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

Why are you guys even arguing about contribution when at the end of the day they still in the same group cashing in the same amount of coins from the album? Like, not sure what people even get out of this. I swear to god. Ugh, the sad part this will be brought back up when they have their first Japan release too. :( It's not even that deep.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. sakufan

sakufan Kenkyuusei

The group would've done just as well lol it blew up in Korea with produce 101 season 2 and it would've continued the upward spiral minus fangirls. Everyone contributes to the team and gets their money the same way. produce season 3 was a collab with Japan because Twice is doing so well and they wanted a group that has power to make more yens than the usual kpop group.

• Disagree Disagree x 2