NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    WELP. literally. Rivalries usually don't end in SOME RANDO MAKING YOUR RIVAL FEAR FOR HER LIFE. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 19
    • Agree Agree x 7
  2. TheHitch

TheHitch Kenkyuusei

The idea of Mahohon being transferred to another 48 group has been mentioned here and there, what do you guys think about that?

If you like the idea, where do you think she would fit best?

I wonder if she would be considered "radioactive" by other groups' managements though. I mean, she went to the public to discuss (and I think rightfully so and bravely so and personally see nothing wrong about it) what happened instead of letting all those details concealed under a lid, which may be the way the higher ups would rather things go, I fear.

But then, Mahohon being so popular now and with so much people behind her, how could any group resist having her among their ranks?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Especially if there are no serious reforms in NGT, moving her to another group would probably be best for her. But unless she goes with most of Team G, it's probably not the outcome she would like. I don't think she wants to leave NGT in either case.

Maybe she is more popular now (she is certainly more well-known), but I don't think the other groups' (management) would want her. I think she may be seen either as a "troublemaker" or an unwelcome reminder of the scandal. I hope I'm wrong about that, but finding a good outcome for Maho, given how things have unfolded so far, seems to be diminishing. Maybe to help make this go away faster AKS will dissolve NGT and transfer all the members - in that case some group getting Maho as part of the deal may be less a choice than just what they're told to do.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  4. candyparasol

candyparasol Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't mind if Maho were transferred to any other group as long as all of team G went along with her. I really think the team staying together is what she would want. Sometimes I wish Sasshi could just take them all under her wing and form yet another sister group to =LOVE or something.

• Creative Creative x 3
  5. TheHitch

TheHitch Kenkyuusei

There is also the situation that NGT management is aware that people are paying attention very closely to how they treat Mahohon. I have hope that, in spite of how much management may want to get rid of the "troublemaker" the fact that they know people won't take it kindly if they fire Mahohon will perhaps deter them even if they would like to go that way.

But then maybe they could find a way to convince Mahohon to quit, but hopefully that is won't be the case.

Yes, even if Mahohon is transferred we still have the rest of the members to worry about. We could hope for the best and think that management will indeed improve the level of safety for the members, but then again how to trust them with all the enforced silence and lack of transparency and seeming preferential treatment?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Hard to choose a different topic if you were specifically asked what your goal for this years SSK is...

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1815800

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Well it could be argued that you could say something along the lines of hoping NGT as a whole might do better. I don't hold it against Ogiyuka that she answered the question in a way that's only about her and her personal gain, but given the situation they're in and the fact that Ogiyuka arguably is the face of NGT, she could have said something for the sake of everyone rather than herself. Again, I don't hold it against her. But the possibility was there

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  8. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    1.jpg

in the incident discussion thread on 5ch some guy obstructed by repeatedly posting crap input (うんち literally means shit), so other people searched for the ip address which happens to be the niigata prefectural police hq. people then complained to the police and they actually admitted that the ip address and network do belong to them, and they will start an internal investigation:fp:

---

https://ngt48.jp/news/detail/100003073
    2.png
    management on former staff got harrassed story:
    there were no such thing confirmed by the former staff herself.

https://ngt48.jp/news/detail/100003074
    3.png
    some media did a surprise interview on family of members during midnight.

• Informative Informative x 23
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I see others already answered, and I agree with them. Humans aren't programmed to give yes/no answers. If someone asked her about SSK I expected her to answer that maybe, just maybe, SSK isn't the most important matter RN while her own group is exploding and one of her groupmates had been attacked and then silenced and... well, you know the rest.
    ..but that's just me.

About Maho... I feel NGT mngmnt is, once again, going in the wrong direction since so far they kept Maho hidden. She's not tweeting, presumably transferred to a new building (did she?) she's not appearing or releasing anything. Is she okay? Is Riko okay?
    Personally I'd like the keyholder stuff @Cisalpine88 posted be true and the whole TeamG relocated.
    As for how that could work with Maho situation... all it takes is mediocre mngmnt to make that become a point in favor of the new group (which means new fans and new money coming) and not a problem for the group itself. Granted you need to have people who know how to do their job, and, hopefully, other groups have those.

The police stuff, if true, is more worrying though. At best the Niigata police is just incompetent, at worse is covering for those men around NGT, because no matter how much I personally dislike that Inapooh guy, he wasn't alone.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    She's not a human, she's an idol ;)
    https://streamable.com/wv3j8

Was there ever a video of this? edit: Can't find videos of this specific question and answer.

Based on the article above, she was obviously struggling to come up with answers to two very specific questions. She's obviously not unaware of the problems NGT is facing right now, but at the same time it seems pretty clear from member statements thus far that they aren't being allowed to address it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    as pewdiepie said, the more you try to hide something the more it's going to gain interest from the public. the fact that they try to hide and silence everything just makes things worse and despite the fact that media doesn't talk about it, it doesn't mean people don't find out. hell, the whole story even spread in the kpop community

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Before the mods tell us to shift this discussion into the Ogiyuka thread :whistle: (sorry folks I'll stop after this)
    If there is one I couldn't find it as well. The only videos with an interview part i could find are from maidigtv and from horipro but they don't feature neither her answer nor the question. Or maybe I just skipped over it.

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    transferring mahohon (Unless it's something she really wants) sends a really bad message in my opinion.

• Creative Creative x 2
  14. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

Tsugumin (Team G) referenced Maho on her photolog, first NGT48 member to do so since the incident.
    https://ngt48.com/photolog/detail/100141328

A gentle and favorite boastful sub-captain who will think hard about the group first (Google Translate version)

translation by qc_bb
    I feel like this points towards them not being allowed to say her name.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  15. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The whole reason why she even did this was to protect NGT. Her transferring would be an abandonment this group won’t ever recover from.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @wlerin no matter my answer, there are 100 other BUT and IF and SURELY that could be used to justify Ogino's choice. I answered the first question and then the second, but keeping wondering why she chose to act like she did brings nothing usefull to the conversation.
    Like I said pages and pages ago, Maho's courage gave me a "tool" with which measure other idols (and people) value, and OgiYuka failed it in my eyes, as did Yukirin. It's a personal view, you guys can agree or disagree as you like.

@broz0rs you're right, except she wants protect Team G, but what exactly are doing mngmnt and AKS to protect the team? Sending NIII and Kenkyusei to events? Letting NIII tweet? Keeping Maho in the shut down? It doesn't seems to me they are protecting Team G at all. Without counting the lies that keep coming out as people dig into NGT stuff.

@ethereallimbo not surprise there, it's like NGT mngmnt is trying to erase Maho from people's memory. I fear that if it backfires AKS will just give her 55th (?) single senbatsu and pretend everything is okay.

I think this is the moment every fans should ask himself/herself if it's more important the toy they are so used to have, or the girls who make it possible for them to enjoy it. The answer it's your own, no need to give it to me here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I think it’s a bit easy to expect anyone to risk their careers from the comfort of our armchairs

But that’s just me I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    You're right. That too depends on the persons we are and the battles we stand up for in our lives. And that too is something everyone has to judge for themselves

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That seems to be a rumour going around today. I hope that management aren't trying to un-person Maho

Would it really be career-risking for the kami-7 member of the group to say something supportive of Maho?

Speaking of someone who would actually be risking their career we come to the manager who "retired" or "was let go" or maybe she was transferred elsewhere like Imamura. Apparently she was close to Maho and was allegedly intimidated by the inapooh-crew.

Manager 1.jpg Manager 2.jpg Manager 3.jpg

These are translations taken from twitter of Tokyo sports newspaper's article about it. Management put a denial on the official NGT site https://ngt48.com/news/detail/100003073

Of course Management's credibility is rather lacking right now

• Informative Informative x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  20. JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I feel like it would be best for Maho to be transferred but then it makes it look like management have removed her because of the "trouble" she has caused NGT and I feel like she loves the group despite her experience so she wouldn't want to leave.