[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    @ukifune there has been no official report on “Techi’s opposition to include the Hiragana members.” The rumor was created by Bunshun and they still couldn’t give any proofs for that. They always claim to have “insider information” and that’s it. However, the concept of Keyaki Republic was proposed by Techi as a place for Kanji and Hiragana to gather. This piece of information was revealed by Konno himself on Nikkei Entertainment May 2018 issue. Kanji girls have shown nothing but love and respect to Hiragana girls

Many may disagree with me but in my opinion Hiragana was created as an Under group. This is not me undermining Hiragana but only trying to understand what concepts/ideas mmg might have had in mind. We all know Gana was created so Neru could join Keyaki. In that Keyakake episode, Tsucchi made a comment that Hiragana was an “Under group” and Sawabe agreed (episode 9). Of course unders can be promoted to senbatsu but maybe mmg decided they need some singles for that to happen (Nogi had 6 singles before any 2ki joined senbatsu - Hori Miona was the only 2ki in 7th). But then Kanji blowed up with Saimajo, All21-senbatsu and bonds became stronger (I think Yuuka or another member mentioned before that grads had never crossed her mind and there was even an idea that they would all grad together when the time come), concept variations between Kanji and Hiragana etc. And actually, Neru was noted as Hiragana in senbatsu during her kennin. It’s easy to get carried away and before you know it, it became too hard to mesh them together. Imo the moment Gana got their 2ki was when mmg had plans for Gana’s separation from Kanji (which later comes to formation of Hinata). The Gana treatment was unfair, but it’s not an excuse to blame on any Kanji member
    I wonder how the topic always come back to Kanji and Hiragana

Would the situation be different if Keyaki was able to hold 4th annila and Republic this year? They started preparations for those but all got cancel because of the virus

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

If latest single out-does the previous ones and the first single of the reformed group does the same, I would say by looking purely at the numbers, S&F never made a mistake. They made decisions some vocal fans didn't like, but S&F had numbers and cash to proved they were right all along, so far.

But please, comparing Hirate to Ian Curtis? She reminded me more of someone like Morrissey.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thank you both for the explanation... somehow that piece of Bunshun never crossed my path.

@DelicateEmpress I think you're right about what had happened or very near to the truth. Unfortunately that division is a moment we'll always pay the price of. Not as groups, because it seems to me members of both Keyaki and Hinata are extremely supportive of each other, but as fans. So I fear that no matter our next name, this discussion will stay with us for a long time.

As for your last question.. who knows? Rationally I think that yes, COVID pushed thing in a certain direction... but at the same time I hope mngmnt didn't think about the change last minute. I hope there's a very detailed, very well thought plan behind it.

@radiohifi last single is only digital. Do you think it has any chance to outsell the previous ones? Not a provocation. I'm very curious about how it may go

4. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

We can't judge by the sales. We already know they lost some fans due to all these chaos. There will surely be a decrease in sales. Moreover this single is digital. We can't expect it to sell as good as physicals. Keyaki however has a good record of digital sales so hope this also does well.

The song is really good and I am glad they have such a powerful song to conclude their journey.

As for whether mgmt see it as a mistake or not, it could be yes or no. Yes bcos I wanna believe during the stagnation, they actually thought about what has happened which led them to this conclusion. No bcos it's all business to them and since they are still getting their cash, they don't see any problem with it.

We will get to find all that out though from how they treat the new group in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Thanks very much!

(Just to be clear to others, my question was about how the "21 bonds" thing became a slogan-like thing and became pushed (was it first by members or was it management all along), not "why does it make sense for them to use this as a slogan" (all-sembatsu system).)

6. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

@Conjyak I think ppl will have different views on this '21 bond' thing. Some may say managemt pushed it, some, members. One thing for sure that started it all was the all-senbatsu system. You shldn't put down the other answers just bcos it doesn't suit the answer you wanted. What we are all making are assumptions.

@ukifune may be wrong but it seems you just wanted to know the members started it so glad you had the answer.

I know you will disagree with this cos that is all I have seen you do with almost all my posts but I just wanted you to know that what you agreed on may or may not be what happened.

7. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

He's a funny guy. Likes to give out streaks of dislikes/disagrees on here without saying a single thing. Must be addicted to those buttons :blink:

---

Dara ga full track was released on Yuuka's radio earlier (discussion on the single thread). Based on her conversation in the radio show (ty @tmi for trans), it sounds the new group name hasn't even been decided?

8. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Did they start preparations before or after Hirate pulled her plug?

Probably fans of those who graduated this year?

Hmm, given that this is their "final" single as Keyaki, there may be a "disbandment" effect at play here, fans going the extra mile to show support for an act that is disbanding; I'm sure wotas will find a way. Idol managements tend to exploit this effect to milk the last cent they can. I know they aren't technically disbanding, but it is still the end of the "Keyakizaka46" branding.

Whatever new name they come up with, I hope it's something Captain can pronounce easily.
    /lamejoke

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  9. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    @Maeda_Toshiie after. Techi withdrew on January 23 (Oda and Mon grad on the same day) and had probably discussed her decision months before. Debut anniversary are from mid April to early May. Republic are around early July, this year they announced the cancellation on May 29. Practice starts about a month in advance

10. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

May I know where they announced this news? Because I check on HP and can't see this news on May page

11. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

The other answers didn't say management pushed it, they were mostly answering why it makes sense for them to use it, which I already know has to do with the all-sembatsu system and wasn't what I meant to ask. Again, my assumption was that the slogan started with management, but there were comments before I asked the question that said that it started more with the members. That's why I asked the question.

You said that you "think it just happened" but perhaps I'm too cynical or too curious. Although in the end it's management-approved, what I'm curious about is whether it started with management or whether it started more with members (and then management approved it).

>What we are all making are assumptions.

It's not assumptions if people can identify members (or better yet, scenes and instances where members or if not members, then management) being the first to coin the term. Then it becomes something more like evidence. Do you think "28 fragments" was a slogan that members pushed? Probably not... We have the 1-hour online stream as the one piece of evidence where "28 fragments" is in the title, so the best conclusion to make there is probably that it was management who coined that term (unless people can find instances of members using that term elsewhere, though I highly doubt a member would coin themselves "the 28 fragments"). If there is evidence showing that it was more management coming up with the "21 bonds" term, I would be curious to know that, as that was the actual assumption that I had before.

12. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
  13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @Maeda_Toshiie I doubt it's just fans of those who graduated. This announcement is bringing in new people and alienating others.
    It's kind of expected and you have to consider this is just the last questionable move by a mngmnt who made years of questionable moves. For some, it's just too much.

This is their last single, but we will have an event (concert?) in October and mngmnt may think to monetize that the same way they would have done with ROK. As a fan I feel may be more smart waiting on that than spent money on a quantity of digital DareKa copies which wouldn't even give me the chance to met members.

14. best48fan

best48fan Kenkyuusei

"Terrible Wota priorities 101"

15. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

There is always a chance and it should not be dismissed. And if anyone can do it, I think it would be one of three sakamichi groups, I like yoshimotozaka, but even I have to be realistic here.
    There are a few problems with digital distribution, like some of the services do not submit their sales numbers to companies who compile the weekly sales charts, some services don't allow owning one track more than one time on one account and of course streaming services. I have no doubt some people will created dummy accounts and gift it to those to inflate the numbers, but that is no different to CD sales. But the biggest factors are "is it really a good single ?", "how dedicated are the fans really?" and "will the tracks speak to non-fans?".
    I haven't checked if kyz/s&f are doing virtual handshakes with the purchase or not, that might swing things around, especailly if they do not region lock it to just domestic buyers.

You know want is going to happen right? Yoshimotozaka is going to be the first group to achieve it... ^_^

• Like Like x 2
  16. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Well, if we are to be optimistic, it might do well. The live online managed to sell 90, 000 tickets so same can happen here. There are various factors that can add up to it too. The fact that fans have waited for this single for so long, that this single is their last single. It might sell well

Personally, I really really like this song. No, I love it. It's a good song not just for fans but everyone. It already grabbed attention of non-fans so I hope it does well digitally. It will be a good send off for them

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I don't think DareKa will do bad in term of sales; like @Iamyoung also said in one of the previous posts, the song is well received even by not-fans and I have yet to read a fan who doesn't like it.
    But do well and exceed previous sales are two different things.

@radiohifi some of what you wrote is part of my confusion because we don't know if there's more in this digital single than the song itself. We have 2 songs that are ready since months and still to be released (if ever) KadoWo which someone thought could be part of 9th single, and what else? No words about HS, virtual or not, no words about MVs or PVs...
    we will know soon, but right now the appeal of this single is not that high.
    This said, I realized I'm so weak for Keyaki that even though I decided to not give my money to this mngmnt anymore I'll probably end up buying it, but still... I hope there's more than we can see right now.

I don't follow the forth zaka, are they doing well?

@best48fan are you speaking to me?

anyway, the goods for Lawson campaign have been released

https://www.lawson.co.jp/campaign/lop_keyaki2020goods/

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  18. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    this is like the second time we have to correct you, she didn't drop out of tokyo dome she dropped out of budokan
    we know you are not a fan but at least do a little research, it's not hard i promise!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

For those who fear they will move away from their concept, Yuuka stated in recomen that they will carry keyaki along with them. In Keyamimi with Nen, she said at first she feared they would forget everything keyaki but that was not it so she finally accepted.

I feel like we are digging to deep.They are just changing their name & brand, but their keyaki will always be with them. I have always believed in the members. When Shii-chan wrote that we shld believe in them instead of what is said outside, I felt sorry knowing some won't.

During the live, they made it clear they are climbing the next slope together. There is no negative feelings going on. They've repeated these things in their blogs. So when I see ppl talking abt 1ki being pushed aside etc, I wonder if they heard & watched the same thing as I did.

By rumors with no facts, we have doubted them so much. We all have our POV but instead of thinking the worse, why not follow step by step as the members are doing and climb the next slope with them together? We are the ones who will determine their future, not mgmt otherwise we would have lost them by now. Let's think positive

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  20. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

When was the first time?