[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Ergh... not really :fear:

Basically it's same case with Yuiyui and Berin who will appear as Team A member instead of eitos (but it's okay, we still have Miu and Momoka as eito's representative yay)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    010.jpg

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    At least Team A has other representatives, like Miion and Yuihan. Annin and Renacchi aren't really senbatsu locked for singles (anymore?) but they still appear on a lot of TV performances, such as this one. For Team K, it's always Narumi and maybe Tomu. Komiharu is picked for things that involved captains (AKB48's anniversary livestream, the Soukantoku + Captains b-side on "Sustainable," a recent interview) but she's not part of senbatsu and usually just an under on TV performances. I'd be surprised if casual fans could name any other Team K members besides Miichan, Komiharu, the Muto sisters, Narumi and maybe Yasuda Kana? I don't think she's actually well-known but I really like her so I've got my eye on her, not sure about her actual popularity.

Team K is my personal favourite, but I can't deny that they don't have nearly as much impact as any of the other groups; once again I find myself wishing Yahagi Moeka wouldn't have left so early.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Okay, my current Oshi in AKB48 is Yasuda Kana, but Kanabun is definitely not that well known. She is known for her performance and usually is pretty stabd out in both stage on concert, but that's it. In term of general popularity, I think Ayamin is more popular than Kanabun.

Most casual fan would probably know Mogi Shinobu though, at least from YuuNaaMogiOn.

5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I know this forum doesn't represent reality but when I took a look at the team sections on stage48:

Team A: 19k posts
    Team K: 22k posts
    Team B: 21k posts
    Team 4: 9k posts
    Team 8: 41k posts

This might seem like Team K is the most discussed after Team 8, but 13k of the posts in Team K section are Miichan's thread so once she's graduated, Team K will fall to 9k like Team 4. There's a similar situation in Team B where 14k of the posts are Yukirin's thread. it's better divided for Team A. I know that it's just stage48, but this kind of things made me realize that there aren't many people who know or discuss about majority of current AKB members...

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Team 8: 41k posts

About 70% of those alone are probably Aka.

I jest, it's more like 90%.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Team 8 41k posts is less than 1k per member.

8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Isn't it amazing how I can have 90% of Team 8 posts when that section has 41,374 posts and I have 21,671 in total, not all of them there? Not to mention that some of these 21k were written in eito graduates threads, thus not counting for the 41k.

9. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    ok. I'm not very good in maths. What do you want to say? Is it 95 %?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    I want to say that you count as two.

11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

<3 Merry Christmas!!! <3

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, Miichan had 15 years to amass that amount ... and the thread was created in 2007 so about 1k per year

for sure someone can make a spiffy spreadsheet about this ... posts per member weighed against duration etc. , number of pics, words, fights, moderator warnings ;)

ow, and I kinda liked this compilation (with a wonderful dorky Takamina as a reindeer at the end)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    When I think of AKB48 and Christmas, I always think 7-11.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Actually if you add Miichan's gallery, Miichan has in total 14k of the posts in Team K's section...

Yes it's around 1000 posts by year but if every member could get 1000 posts by year, it would be great LOL Just a quick comparison with the other members in Team K:

Tomu: since 2011 so she should have 9000 posts. Her posts: 3610
    Mogi: since 2011 so she should have 9000 posts. Her posts: 258
    Yuami: since 2013 so she should have 7000 posts. Her posts: 72
    Komiharu: since 2013 so she should have 7000 posts. Her posts: 3136
    Manami: since 2013 so she should have 7000 posts. Her posts: 137
    Hinana: since 2014 so she should have 6000 posts. Her posts: 49
    Ayamin: since 2016 so she should have 4000 posts. Her posts: 47
    Orin: since 2016 so she should have 4000 posts. Her posts: 127
    Kanabun: since 2016 so she should have 4000 posts. Her posts: 39
    Ranchan: since 2018 so she should have 2000 posts. Her posts: 29
    Okarina: since 2018 so she should have 2000 posts. Her posts: 29
    Megumi: since 2018 so she should have 2000 posts. Her posts: 9

and if all these members had the 1000 posts by year then Team K section right now would be at 63k posts... without Miichan! LOL so yes it's not really about the years, but more the fact that Miichan is an old gen who was here during the golden years of AKB and who's popular with many fans and activities and things to discuss. Some of these girls that I listed literally did nothing for years other than Showroom and theater (and not even theater for the past year) there is just not much to discuss. The lack of events/releases and no elections don't help.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Not Team K, but Paruru had 20200 posts (1010 pages at 20 posts per page) by 12/31/2016, the date of her last performance at NHK Kouhaku. The first post in her thread was 12/12/2009, so about 2850 a year. Mayuyu had more posts, but over a longer time. I didn't calculate her average.

[Some of the difference between then and now is that this forum is less active overall and more diffuse with the 46s and the newer groups, both in Japan and overseas.]

16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    More 7-11 at Xmas:

• Like Like x 3
  17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Some more (with Christmas Chicken)

[The making of was posted on the previous page]

• Like Like x 2
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    You may not have 90% of the posts all on your own, but 95% of the posts are yours and a small group of people replying to you, often in single line reply chains that have little or nothing to do with the member. Granted I suspect similar things could be said for some of the golden age threads.

There's also the issue that aside from Aka and friends bantering in the Team 8 member threads, a lot of discussion about popular members nowadays happens outside of Stage48, e.g. on Twitter or Discord. (I don't think it helped that for a long time new users couldn't register and the forum was constantly going down.) For example, Yuiri has a lot of English speaking fans but her thread here is deader than a doornail. It's not like she hasn't had activities to discuss, but the people discussing them aren't going there.

I'd like to do more to remedy that this next year, though I dunno what or how much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Give me one Team 8 thread where 95% of the posts are mine followed by a small group of people replying with something that has little or nothing to do with the member.

I did my own research, it doesn't need to be golden age threads.

Iriyama Anna: it's basically just @sscrla posting one video.
    Miyazaki Miho: the same thing but @hiroto.
    Mukaichi Mion: it's not so different from what I do but with a different number of people. Funny thing is that they're the same people I see in Team 8 threads.
    Taguchi Manaka: same as above but with @Crystelle and @LarcKen added.
    Yokoyama Yui: same.
    Minegishi Minami: it's @dutchie's thread.
    Komiyama Haruka: @Spoony Rice and @David61.
    Muto Tomu: has two posts since July.
    Taniguchi Megu: most of it is @Merlin54 and @David61.
    Nakanishi Chiyori: @Crystelle and @hiroto.
    Kashiwagi Yuki; has a few more people, but most of them are the same I see in Team 8 threads.
    Iwatate Saho: @Crystelle and @David61.
    Sasaki Yukari: @Crystelle. Some times @sscrla.
    Oya Shizuka: same people I see in Team 8.
    Fukuoka Seina: @Orangerafi, but it's mostly dead.
    Yamauchi Mizuki: most of is @Kuura and sometimes @zukkybean.
    Ma Chia-Ling: @Orangerafi.
    Okada Nana: @Rurouni making posts even bigger than my Nagi posts.
    Murayama Yuiri: dead.

Any other thread is not worth mentioning.

From what I see, there's not much difference from Team 8 threads and these ones: people dumping videos and photos, most of the times they just have one video and that's it, there's hardly any discussion.

The biggest difference between those threads and Team 8's is that I got all eitos covered. So, instead of having @David61, @lionel90, @sscrla, @hiroto, even @ForrestFuller before, making these posts I'm the one doing it and they don't have to. And when I don't, they're there to cover it. I know that Sayarin's YouTube videos are @hiroto's job, so I let him post them with the recipes (thank you, it's delicious). If I didn't post anything they would do the same thing they do elsewhere, but probably less than me. And that's the reason why it seems that most of Team 8 posts are mine. Ask them if this isn't true.

The Aka and friends that you mentioned are the same people from the other threads + @nvmea and @qpet. We're the people that still give a damn. This is so bad that they're the only threads alive in the whole forum. It's so much better to have one post with a video each month, isn't it?

I've been is many forums and until this day I don't fully understand what exactly you think a forum is. Most of them have one line posts, sometimes not necessarily related to the subject. So what? And in those forums the more specific threads have two or three people talking to each other — except one forum that produces in a day more posts than Stage48 in a year.

What are you expecting? That every time someone wants to say anything they need to write a full essay? Are the only good posts the ones that are nothing but "Oh my, ***** is so beautiful! I'm so happy to see her *******. I hope to see her ******* more often from now on. It reminds me of Maeda Atsuko". The only "events" that make people discuss with more content are scandals and graduations.

At least when we go to Team 8 threads we do more than just writing that the ones we don't like are ugly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1