Which Member Has the Coolest Name?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by araishikeiwai, Oct 11, 2014.

1. bebopalula

bebopalula Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    I agree about Muto Tomu! I've liked her name since the first time I saw it. Omori Miyu's name is cute, both the name itself and the story behind it. I also like the name Terada Ranze, though though I'd never actually heard of her before this thread.

Two that haven't been mentioned yet:
    Abe Maria (I've never read anything to confirm it before, but I imagine her parents must have named her after Ave Maria. That's always made her name really attention-getting and memorable to me.)
    Yamauchi Suzuran (I just like the name Suzuran.)

2. achanoshiJKT

achanoshiJKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    This was what I thought when I heard her name at first time AVE MARIA :^O^:
    Muto Tomu is Cool and also my first time of hearing her name was like "Isn't that a PALINDROME?" [hehe] .
    And other names that I like (mostly just their first names :p) are Miyabi IYKWIM :lol:, Haruna, Megu, Fuuko (different kanji (mapple child CMIIW) but I would like it more if it was 風子 (child of the wind)), Nagisa, Manami, and my graduated oshi Erena :^^;:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  3. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    I like Yamamoto Sayaka, her name's just so cohesive I'm not sure how to put it. Also Oya Shizuka's name is cool, the kanji for Oya is 大家 which means 'everyone'. (I think)

4. kfcephalopod

kfcephalopod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    The kanji for 大家 actually means "landlord"

5. figulou

figulou Kenkyuusei

1)I love the names of KODAMA HARUKA,KOJIMA HARUNA in fact i really love the name with Haru something. Haruko,Haruka,Haru...
    2)Kawaei Rina i really love the names Rina(and Rena,Reina,Karen,Marina,Rin) and Kawaei=Kawaii
    3)Sayaka,Saya,Aya,Ayaka....
    4)Anna(Murashige,Iriyama)
    5)Nao
    6)Mariya,Maria,Mari,Marika
    7)Mai
    8)Sae
    9)Kanon (because in french kanon=hot,sexy,beautiful,belle,avion de chasse)
    10)Nagisa,Erika

6. encre

encre Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Jonishi Kei

7. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Iwanaga Tsugumi - Probably has the most unique name in 48G. I love the kanji in her name (亞) and some sites misspell her name as Ami because of this. In order to get that name one has to type "tsugi" in Hiragana.

Katayama Haruka - I feel like her name, 陽加, is a combination of Kojima Haruna's (小嶋菜) and Akimoto Sayaka's (秋元才) names kanji-wise.

Yoshida Akari and Takahashi Juri - Both have their names spelled as 朱里, but Akari's is kun'yomi whereas Juri's is on'yomi.

Kawaei Rina, Tanigawa Airi, Furukawa Airi and Azuma Rion - I love the "Lee" kanji (李) in their name, I guess in Japan, the "Lee" kanji is used as a first name [hehe]

All members bearing the "夕" radical (夕, 夢, 汐, 多, 苑, 舞, etc...) in their name, first or last - It is my favorite Kanji Radical and I think everyone having those kanji in their names are awesome.

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

9. KatieKat1690

KatieKat1690 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    This may be weird but my favorite names have nothing to do with the kanji or what the name means. I just like names that are fun to pronounce and say out loud. My favorites are Kashiwagi Yuki, Oshima Yuko, Kojima Haruna, Tano Yuka and Takamina.

10. bebopalula

bebopalula Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    I really like that!

11. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That would probably blow Nattsun's mind :lol:

13. encre

encre Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Eguchi Aimi is written with the same kanji as Ichikawa Manami

that's what made Japanese name is unique
    like how Juri and Akari is written with the same kanji
    and also Umeda and Umeta

if someone interested in Japanese name
    you can watch NMB to Manabukun eps 64

14. no regret

no regret Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    I have absolutely no concrete reason for thinking so, but "Azuma Rion" sounds cool to me.

15. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I love the way Shiroma Miru sounds. Sometimes I just like to say it over and over again in my head because I love the way it rolls off the tongue. Muto Tomu is also pretty cool, that palindrome. And Terada Ranze is pretty awesome as well. I didn't even think it was a real name at first :hehe:

Edit: Azuma Rion, as someone else also pointed out, sounds really cool too.

16. messejji

messejji Kenkyuusei

kamieda emika, another awesome palindrome.

i really like how jonishi kei is read. c:

17. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Lol Keicchi always changes the kanji of her name in her sousenkyo poster from 恵 to 系

18. Love_Meetan

Love_Meetan Kenkyuusei

I don't know japanese kanji ..
    But Kuwabara Mizuki , Matsubara Natsumi ,Hiramatsu Kanako , Mukaida Manatsu , Nakanishi Rina/Yuka and Noro Kayo sounds cool

19. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I like Mio's name because of its "beautiful chery blossom" meaning. I didn't know that tidbit about Omori Miyu! She's growing on me! And now she's named after a pokemon? How more amazing can she get?

I also really like Takayanagi Akane's name, because it means "bright sound" and that's a lovely name for a singer.

Terada Ranze is also an interesting name because it's rare, and it means something like "World of orchids"
    I like Suzuran's name too, phonetically it's so pretty! And it has "orchid" in it.

I like Ikuta Erika's name too because "image of a pear flower" seems like a very elaborate meaning for a name.

And I also like Sasaki Yukari's name because she has 6 kanji in it! And that seems like a lot, most names have 4 or 5.

20. mayuoshiri

mayuoshiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i agree with some of the people here, i love yuakrun's name because of its six kanji. and i like haru names, especially the name haruna.

muto tomu is a cool name because it's spelled the same backwards and forwards

other names i like are meru, nanase (i REALLY like that name), rion, suzuran, emika, masana, nagisa, reina, and mion

last names i like are futamura, moriyasu, iwatate, kashiwagi, iwata, and tashima (i don't know why but i really like the name tashima meru, it has a really nice flow to it)