Single NMB48 13th [Must Be Now] 15/10/07

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 15, 2015.

1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I think the point that people are missing is that all of the people chosen are amazing performers. It's not just Sayaka slaying everything. It might look that way because of the line distribution and camera work but that's not the same thing as "Sayanee is so amazing she completely outshines everyone else".

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

2. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I feel like you're addressing me but that was the complete opposite of my point......

3. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Most of you said it. It's camera work more than anything.

Do you think this is gonna be their Kouhaku song?

4. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

It would definitely cause a lot of impact if it were their Kohaku song, but I hardly think it would be an appropriate display of NMB's usual style. That might work in their favor to separate them from other 48G though. I honestly don't think they would go with this senbatsu to Kouhaku, but maybe it would be a good idea.

5. Kawamoto-san

Kawamoto-san Kenkyuusei

do anyone realize yuumin's shots?
    I'm not good with remembering facee
    And those in MVs are a whole different world from the profile ones

6. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    This whole thing makes me slightly uncomfortable. I'll probably write a longer post once I come up with something concrete to say/have some time to reflect.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  7. trxsh

trxsh Member

Aw man! Since they already went kinda bold and scrapped their entire normal line-up for a "neater" 9nin dance sembatsu, I kinda wish they had just gone full bold and given me the Milky solo center I was craving. I love to see her in this concept, and vocals would be a non-issue since it's so autotune heavy lol. Oh well.
    The choreography is really nice and stuff~

8. Kayseur

Kayseur Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakairika
    Well, that was quite a surprise. I like this kind of music and this "almost solo" style is refreshing. Though I wish the other girls sung a *little* bit more (like pretty much everyone anyway) but it's alright. And I'm really digging the outftits/hairstyle! Now I'll just wait for the other songs and hope I will like them at least as much.

9. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    A lot of people have already said this and I guess I'll reiterate the point:

Sayanee is one of my top oshi in the 48G. But that being said, she does have her flaws: firstly, that while she dances well, she's not a good dancer - she gets the moves right but rarely has flow or rhythm (this is actually a common theme for her) - and so I don't know that this was the proper "9-nin senbatsu" to debut her in; and secondly, this song really is Sayanee and the Backdancers. No one gets any lines of note, and quite frankly, I don't think the song does Sayanee's voice any justice. Her voice isn't well-equipped to be autotuned as heavily as it was, in fact, I would actually think that Milky or Miru's voices would be better suited for this sort of song (which is like Jurina's Akai Heel to Professor).

My ideal for a 9-nin senbatsu for NMB would have actually been more like

if the video does not show watch the video here

to be honest.

10. cennezu

cennezu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    qianbeiting
    Twitter:
    iamtaruchin
    Couldn't agree more tbh.

11. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I don't really have much to say other than I owe it to this for catching my interest back in the group.
    Also guys, if this was the Kouhaku song, they'll have to somehow include everyone and with this song it sounds like it'll be insanely difficult.
    If they manage to pull it off though, it'll be even more spectacular than Kamonegix Kouhaku O_O
    You don't think they'll have a 9-nin senbatsu only perform at Kouhaku do you? Cause I doubt it.
    Idk though I think they're still more likely to do Durian Shounen but I don't know.

About the dancing, to one it's own. I'm still a big fan of Sayanee's dancing (it's sharp and on the point) and Milky's (for her flow) and of Uuka's (for both her precision and flow actually). And I thought this time everyone did a fine job especially in the theatre performance. The sync and execution was just so well done...I'm proud of them all *_* Frankly, I can't wait to see the full PV in HD because watching it from the theatre LOD, the parts where they're in dresses, and they're spinning and twirling about..it's so pretty! I love how they showed it with the other outfits in the PV.

Songwise, the "Must be nowwww" parts were catchy as heck <3
    I also really love the clock ticking bit at the beginning. It's very jammy for me.
    I understand it may not have been the best decision to basically overload Sayanee with the singing parts (especially since she's still recovering from throat surgery, but that does explain the autotune XD). But I personally still rather have her voice autotuned as compared to Milky's. I too love Milky and all but I'm still not big on her singing. Though I think they should have maybe made more use of Rika and her singing.
    But yeah, I still really liked the song overall.

And I think the main focus was on the dancing itself. And that I thought was really really ace. Even if Sayanee got all the "singing parts" (pls she isn't gonna sing live in perfs probably. just dancing is already wearing everyone out so much lol), so I hope the camerawork will focus on the overall choreography itself rather than zoom in on Sayanee and her autotuned lines like every few seconds XD
    If they wanted to zoom in on her, they better zoom in on other members too. Apart from that, I think the theatre performance footage wasn't too bad but could have been better with camerawork.

12. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    the girls look absolutely winded after that performance lol

i'm not much of an NMB fan, but it's good to see management fulfill Sayanee's and Milky's wishes to have a track that has Kpop qualities. Really stunned by the lack of core members in this senbatsu, but it seems they were strict about having their absolute best performers regardless of other factors. I wish there was an Nogizaka style senbatsu selection reveal on an NMB variety show because of the surprises this senbatsu has had.

13. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I see with Must Be Now, they have taken SKE's strategy with their 2nd and 3rd (Aozora Kataomoi and Gomen be Summer) singles. I'm not liking it at the moment but I will soon, I guess

14. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I can't help myself seeing this as a bold attempt to attract more casual fans:
    - Small senbatsu similar to other famous groups and easier for non-fans to get into.
    - Only great performers included so that they can't be criticized for their "lack of talent".
    - A song that is clearly in the vein of what's currently popular.
    - Enormous focus on Sayanee for several reasons: a) She's the most popular hence the most recognizable member b) she's amazing at both dancing and singing so focusing on her moves and her vocals ensures a certain level of quality that will be harder to criticize. If someone who doesn't know NMB sees this they will automatically focus on gorgeous and talented Sayanee who isn't drowned in a sea of members and they could be more inclined to enjoy her and maybe become a fan.

I can't believe Rikanyan and Haru are back, I am beyond happy, even more so with such a small senbatsu! Cherry on top: Aika and Konomin still in!

• Like Like x 2
  15. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    It's possible they could just do the beginning of this at Kohaku and then transition into Durian with everyone. Probably not if they have to share a slot with SKE again though

16. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Sayachan is on point, but she rarely holds the position long enough (you can actually see that happen a couple of times in the theater version where she's about a couple of milliseconds ahead of other people). In terms of precision, a couple of the other girls are actually quite ahead. I feel like what attracts me to her dancing though is that she tends to improve with each performance and is really strict on getting the moves right, which is nice, haha.

The problem with autotuning Sayachan's voice is that it removes everything about her voice that makes it wonderful. Her timbre gets axed to all hell, and the vibrato is diminished to the point of being non-existent. She has a smoky voice that just isn't really suited for autotuning, which was originally meant for girls like Milky anyway LOL.

17. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Well I really don't mind Sayanee autotuned once in awhile personally. I still can distinctly tell it's her and her voice even with the autotune, and her voice itself still has an earworm quality to it, that is for me at least. Like I understand that autotune was meant for people who can't really sing but I think not just me but a lot of people (including new fans they're trying to gain here) will enjoy the song a lot less if it was Milky's autotuned voice throughout the song. I mean even with autotune, Milky's voice isn't exactly the most pleasant (though I do enjoy Warukii xD). Sayanee's voice is generally likable and it does make sense considering who their target audience is this time. Milky for example, she keeps emphasizing on how they want to show a "new NMB" to the people out there, so there must be a reason to that.

18. silentwalker

silentwalker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
    Let me just say one thing about the auto-tune here, it's supposed to be an EDM, so normally it's auto-tuned. Not that I'm saying all EDM *should* use auto-tune, and that not all EDM are auto-tuned anyway lol

So yes I do agree that this song is more focused on the dancing part rather than the singing, after all it's EDM anyway.

Also, despite the all the other concerns that were addressed here, I'm glad that they keep experimenting on different styles of music, rather than sticking to one kind of concept or anything which is getting so repetitive nowadays.

I really like how they're doing right now, with the intense choreography and all. I honestly think of NMB as a dance group more than just an "idol" group though haha (but of course I still do consider them an idol group which in fact they really are lol)

(Plus can we talk about NMB songs more in a "technical" viewpoint? Like how the music is composed, what needs to be removed/added like more punchy bass in dance songs, more "layers" to some songs that sound kinda dull, etc? [oh don't mind me, that's just the musician in me kicking in, I hardly get to see stuff like this being discussed here, which is pretty interesting, well at least for me lol])

19. KiaRaXeL

KiaRaXeL Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    kiara_axel
    Really sounds like kpop material song and yes the dance is heavy this time, so to make it neat it's better to put smaller amount of girls into the group. Not a fan of sayanee's make up and hair do ughh please fire the makeup artist.
    And it's nice to see a change this time they go all tomboyish with jeans and sneakers. Not my fav song but it will grow on me i think. Still shock because no fuumiru, nagishuu, and keiakari.
    I imagine keiakari would be purfect in pv like this. They are classy and elegant. But hey there will always next single.

20. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Keicchi and Akarin aren't strong enough in dance for this. They would barely be able to keep up, although you're right, they do suit the elegant image of the pv dress scenes