Single NMB48 13th [Must Be Now] 15/10/07

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 15, 2015.

1. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

oh wow, NMB meets E-Girls and i'm totally ok with it! maybe this is management's way of testing the waters to see how we feel about a sayanee solo debut. i'm obsessed with this song and the chorus is stuck in my head after just one listen so i know it's gonna become one of my favorites! kinda bummed about the lack of team M representation though. if it was based on an audition though, makes sense cause team M doesn't have any super strong dancers.

2. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I Love this song, and dance! Yes, the song is a bit much Sayaka and backdancers, but I don't mind... I just hope the team songs for this is amazing and that the girls that where not featured in Senbatsu really get to shine there...

3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Sayaka finally got the solo I was waiting for lol~ I am in love with this song...seriously can't wait for a studio version lol. Super sad that there are no Team M girls nor Lemon-sama (but to be fair, I don't think she'd be able to keep up; IDK really...I think most of the girls could do this ok with the right amount of practice). I'm not super pressed or anything, but it really is Sayaka + backup lol. Omg, do u know what this reminds me of? C-ute's "Shock". Gosh, I remember people being so pressed and tbh this is a similar situation.

Actually, the only thing I'm pissed about is that there are 6 editions...and I swear I can't keep buying all these editions haha~~

Oh, I also feel super happy to see Rika back in Senbatsu~~ u go girl~

4. eriri

eriri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    No Lemon :(
    No Mirurun :(
    No Riripon :(
    No Keicchi :(

At least the song's catchy...

5. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Funny how the last four centers are not included in this senbatsu (well, three since Nana is gone). Really surprising line-up but I love it.

6. LightFury

LightFury Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    nice catchy tone !!! :inlove::inlove: really love the dance choreography !!! :worthy::worthy: Sayanee center FTW !!!!

7. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Heyyy @Chokochoko and I were chatting and we thought of the best idea!!
    What if NMB continued forming their senbatsus based on themes??
    Since this current senbatsu for Must Be Now is pretty much like a dance senbatsu.
    So basic ones first like singing senbatsu, chouzetsu kawaii senbatsu (they had it before but not as an A-side)..
    And I was thinking, remember AKB Shirabe?
    Something like that but like NMB Shirabe?

So we can cover all kinds of different themes. I'm not particular big on the bikini singles, but if I want this concept, I'll have to embrace every aspect so for example, the summer singles can have girls with best boobs (and this can be voted by members themselves within the group like AKB Shirabe and the members who get like top 9 or 10 can be the senbatsu for that. Yuppi's confirmed in for this one lol). One year can be that, and then the next year best butt, then following year best body overall, something like that.

Then if they wanted to do an idoly song, other than chouzetsu kawaii senbatsu, they can do some idoly aspects like best smile, best eyes etc. Or maybe even members with best gap moe - for example which members have kakkoii/cool image but you want to see them do a cute song. Or members with kawaii image doing cool songs.

Even with dance, they could have it in separate areas and see if it comes up with different results. For example, who has the best body rolls, who ahs the best spins/twirls, who has the most gentle movements etc.
    If they wanted to do a sexy song, they can do something like best lips.

We can even do something like whackiest members, or members with strongest charas, then we might see a lot of involvement from M members.
    Or like some other titles like best yankees maybe? But yeah we believe it'll really keep things fresh if it was something made possible, and the girls who are in the senbatsu will be the best in whatever area it is. The categories could be endless. The girls should think about it themselves XD

I think that way too they can ease the dependence on SayaMilky and really start challenging something new each time.

8. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    When she's in her range, Milky isn't bad. The autotuning helps a lot though. Plus, it's clear there's actually a huge audience for Milky's type of voice in Japan at least - look at the people who love similar voices, like Miwa, Ami (from E-Girls), E-Girls in general, or the "golden era" idols, all of which Milky has a similar voice to.

Sayanee autotuned sounds rather bad. The problem is that her voice is generally likable due to her husky quality, all of which is eliminated in the song. It's like autotuning Sheena Ringo's voice - it sounds really bad unless you mix it such that you can barely recognize the vocals at all.

On one hand, it's great that they're experimenting within the group. On the other hand, though, it seems like a ploy to get a dance senbatsu.

To address the technical stuff - I actually like the softer theater version better, if only because the filter they seem to be placing over all the vocals is a bit annoying in the actual version, especially in the chorus. It sounds like Sayachan is singing underwater sometimes, which is a bit weird. Otherwise the mixing is quite nice.

9. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

I completely love Sayanee's look and the whole choreography! The other girls look great also.
    Very unhappy to see some of my favorite girls missing but you can't always have what you want :p

Didn't recognize Milky at first for some weird reason :^^;:

10. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Everyone keeps talking about Sayaka+ backdancers, which is completely true if you change "dancers" to "vocals". I thought as far as the choreo went it was pretty well done in terms of it was very fluid and I felt like I could see everyone equally. The dance formations were awesome in my opinion.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

11. yudhimepa

yudhimepa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    hoping one day akb make single like this "dance song for dancer only"

12. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah they were pretty solid, though it's almost always centered on Sayachan which might be why.

Otherwise, the dance is literally the best thing to have come out of NMB all year.

It's probably because Team M has really cute (read: sexy) girls, but very little in the way of any actual dance ability.

13. burningbrita

burningbrita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    sparklingbrita
    I'm a Sayanee oshi, but I don't really like this song as an A-side.

I would have been fine with it as a B-side (happy actually, it's a good song with good choreography), but I wish the other girls besides Sayanee got more of a chance to shine. It's kind of sad to see such an experimental senbatsu, with 1 new senbatsu member and 2 members who haven't been in the senbatsu forever (Rikanyan!), turn into the Sayanee show. I barely even saw any of the other members in the MV and Sayanee was the only one featured for most of the song. I know that NMB doesn't have the best showings in the sousenkyo, but it's still kind of scary to see that there's no NMB members in Undergirls. It feels like there's a huge gap between Sayanee/Milky and everyone else and A-sides like this are just going to widen that gap. I don't think Sayanee and Milky are going to graduate really soon or anything, but they are at the age/amount of time in the group when it's becoming a real possibility.

If they would have split the line/MV distribution more evenly, I would feel a lot more positive about it. I'm also kind of sad that they didn't make one of the girls that wasn't Sayanee or Milky center for the exposure. Milky center would have also made me happy, because I would have loved to see her leading a cool, dance oriented song like this (plus I think her voice works well in this kind of song).

• Like Like x 1
  14. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    While it's true that this will show the gap even more so than a regular song, I don't think changing senbatsu alone will do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  15. akbsnsd

akbsnsd Kenkyuusei

I don't understand how Sayanee can cry about a lack of NMB in the sousenkyo and then still have her solo single debut with 8 other back dancers and slap the name NMB 13th single on it. I'm sure Sayanee doesn't control screen time but this is too much. I thought sousenkyo would be an indication that nmb news some new girls to push and give exposure to the current girls so they can have more popularity and well known members. 2 NMB in senbatsu. NONE in undergirls. This would have been a great b side.

16. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    This is a bit much, no?

Sayachan doesn't control who Yoshimoto picks for these songs, nor does she control what sort of songs they choose.

17. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Yea, I don't get why they didn't just make this a B-side or have given her a solo debut lol. This seems odd for an A-side. They are 100% relying on Sayaka and I think that's dangerous~~ But damn is this song catchy lol~~

18. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I REALLY THINK THAT THIS BELONGS TO THE B-SIDE

let's just hope it's not the song they're doing for kouhaku

And hey, good news. Now Sayanee's the only NMB member to be senbatsu in every single!!!

And no Team M???!!!!???!!!! Team M has Megumi, Aapon, & Riichan for crying out loud

And the dance itself is a bit underwhelming. The dance is still way below Darkness, Escape, & UZA. Are you sure this isn't SKE's track???

19. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I wasn't sure if I was watching kpop or nmb lol

20. K.T.S

K.T.S Kenkyuusei

THIS MV IS SICK ! F*ck yeah ! I was waiting for that kind of song and choregraphy. They(or Sayaka if u want:hehe:) killed it . I don't even care about the "Yamamoto&Crew" roster.