Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Of course she did. Keep in mid she had a hall of over 1000 people to entertain so it wasn't like she was waving to me every five minutes or anything. BTW...

One of my favorite parts of the concert was when Wasamin performed a bunch of songs for the first time. (Songs 9-14) The first of those songs, Anko Tsubaki wa Koi no Hana absolutely blew me away. I mean Wasamin simply nailed it. I could hear multiple fans exclaiming just how incredible her performance of this song was. Here is a YouTube version of the song by Moriyama Aiko. I get chills just thinking about it...

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Graduation most likely means her agency feels she can hold her own without the akb tagline now(think how bad Acchan's sales went after leaving akb...), that's great news. I'm glad she's in a position to be able to do that :)
    Still going to miss her interactions with the other members.

3. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    can I borrow your pictures to post on my Wasa fanpage?

4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Concert Picspam Part 2

No problem. I have more pics here. Although these aren't mine. They are other fans' photos and official press photos.

1) Newspaper clippings from this morning
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

2) Flowers (Actually there were a lot more than this. The flower stands went all the way up the staircase and down the hall.)
    51.jpg 52.jpg

3) Press shots
    11.jpg 12.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg

4) More fan shots
    wasaconcert1.jpg 41.jpg 42.jpg 43.jpg 44.jpg 45.jpg 46.jpg

I think everyone gets that everything about last night was a celebration, including the graduation. This moment is something that we as fans have all been anticipating and fearing at the same time. I would say she has been ready to move forward and away from AKB for some time now. It was just about picking the right moment. This was probably the perfect time. As @Blu-Cherri said this was surely discussed with her management as well as her family and not something decided on a whim. Cutting the tether to AKB is kinda scary, both for her AND for her fans. But we have confidence in her, and she in us too.

It isn't often in AKB that someone announces graduation, and the fans say "Yes, this is a good decision!"

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Wasamin: The Time Has Come [hehe]

I don't follow her that much but I believe that it's good she finally announced graduation.
    She has a good career going for her and she's yet to shine even brighter~
    Hopefully she gets a good sendoff! (wearing yukatas)

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Never been I saw a graduation without gloomy atmosphere like Wasamin did. Never.

Congratulation!;)

7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    More concert pics, this time courtesy of Matsui Sakiko...

91.jpg 92.jpg 93.jpg 94.jpg

And a couple of footnotes...

***Added song to the setlist:
    0. Toki no Nagare ni Miwo Makase (Song performed exclusively to the winners of the "backstage tour" before the concert)

***Noted AKB Members (and former members) reportedly in the audience. Some of them confirmed it on their twitter accounts:
    wasaconcert3.jpg
    Ishida Haruka
    Tanabe Miku
    Suzuki Mariya
    Miyazaki Miho
    Oya Shizuka
    Fukuoka Seina
    Uchida Mayumi
    Nakaya Sayaka
    Sato Amina
    Suzuki Shihori

***I never noticed the subtitle to the concert before it was pointed out to me last night...
    ~無人駅から 新たなる出発の刻~
    ~Mujineki Kara Aratanaru Shuppatsu no Koku~

Which I believe translates to something like...
    ~From Mujineki, Time for a New Departure~

I guess we should have taken the hint.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  8. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    The night of the concert I kinda felt that she was going to announce, because it made the most sense? Enka singers have crazy long longevity [as long as they have a hit; think Fuyugeshiki], so if she hits the iron while it's hot, uses the epicenter of her career [birthday, 1st solo concert, everyone in attendance a Wasafan, etc] to announce her graduation & focus on her burgeoning solo career-- BOOM. She'll twinkle like a star forever.

The sad stuff: I don't know how to feel about my kami-oshi graduating? As much as I love her enka work, I also really enjoy her idol work, the few variety shows she does, the weekly Konbanwasamin/Koshiki Radio show, pop songs during her niconico LIVEs, seeing her priceless reactions at the annual AKB/48G super-events, everything. As an idol, she always stands out to me from the pack of all these talented women. I can't wait to see her solo career get bigger [& hopefully an actual album?]. But. I still want to do AKB/48G stuff too? I stil really love AKB/48G music? I got really into voting this past year, but now that the kami-oshi is leaving the game, I'm having a bit of an existential problem over buying in bulk to vote, etc? Not only that, but the premonition of deciding who to oshi in 48G after she leaves? I just don't follow/support other idols like I do Wasamin.

All this to say, a part of me hopes she enters SSK, so I can use up the Wasacash I've saved up to really put all my effort into supporting her. But a part of me knows that it's more beneficial for her to leave before SSK buzz takes precedent.

9. GOBlue

GOBlue Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    I don't follow that many members and 9/10 of the last graduation announcements have been members I like. While I feel she would do better outside of AKB48 because she has an amazing singing voice I do worry as a fan that I will no longer be able to see her perform. :(

10. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I don't see any reason for her weekly radio show to stop, unless TBS decides to drop her. I am pretty sure that show is something arranged by NagaraPro, not AKS.

Some of these concerns that are being brought up are precisely why her graduation is actually GOOD news. Wasamin even mentioned this during her announcement. Leaving AKB is going to free her up to do things that she wasn't doing before. More solo events, more television appearances, more promotion. Wasamin fully focusing as a soloist means she gets to do more things on her own where she is the star as opposed to being relegated to random theater girl which to me has been an insult to her talent AND accomplishment.

Case in point, aside from the concert this weekend she hasn't really done any single promotion since her appearance in Hamamatsucho on January 11th. Over the next two months pretty much every weekend is filled with AKB48 2-shot and handshake events. Granted, she is sqeezing in an appearance at the NHK Kayou Concert tomorrow (which I am attending), as well as the 3-night Nagara Pro Enka Matsuri mid-month. (Which I am also attending) But no mini-lives, no record shop events. Hopefully she they will be scheduling a few soon.

I'm not sure exactly how the immediate (and not so immediate) future will look, but I am hopeful that ultimately we are going to have even more fun as Wasamin fans than ever before. So many 48-group fans are so envious of the access and activity Wasamin already offers for her fans. Now it is going to be even better.

EDIT: As far as sousenkyo, I am 99% positive she won't enter. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if she is gone by then. Keep in mind she contemplated not entering last year. Anyway, it's just another thing Wasamin fans no longer have to invest their energy and money in. Buying AKB CDs for handshakes, votes, 2-shots, all these things that at best only peripherally benefit her will be a thing of the past...

And I cannot wait for this concert DVD to come out!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  11. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

The signs had been there, but I'm still reeling in shock from the announcement. :wall:
    I guess everyone has to move on, fans too.

Went to rewatch some of the variety shows which featured her. The one where shiichan was steering the boat; the one where they were trying to keep awake the whole night, and the recent onsen one. Really wish they had produced a lot more of these.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  12. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    ONSEN ?! WHAT SHOW WAS THIS?!
    The AKB Kankou Taishi w/Makiho? [though I don't remember an onsen...]

13. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Just passing by to post this, there's a bit of the moment of her announcement,

14. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Yes, that's the one! Really enjoyed the show.
    My apologies, was meaning the hot spring where they were dipping their feet in.
    Moving on I'm referring to myself having to deal with changes like the possibility of things like this thread going cold. In the recent months it has become a daily read for me, largely thanks to the many contributions of our number one fan and insider Cristafari. Feeling down about the whole situation right now.

15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Here are a few things to try to cure @Wasawota of his melancholy. First, a special post-concert message from Wasamin.

Wasamin's performed Gomen ne Tokyo on last night's NHK Kayou Concert. (If you watched the show you can hear us screaming for Wasamin, I was in the 9th row with a bunch of other Wasafans)

wasanhk2.jpg

In addition to her new single Wasamin also did a duet of Aoi Sangosho with Natsukawa Rimi as part of the show's opening "Happy Songs" medley. Her show interview was brief. Takayama Tetsuya asked her about graduating from AKB and she reiterated that it is to focus on her Enka career.

Also in the cast were Akimoto Junko, Ichikawa Sayuri, Fuse Akira, Kitayama Takeshi, Chris Hart, Nishida Ai and Shimazu Aya

wasanhk1.jpg
    Wasamin with Natsukawa Rimi and Kitayama Takeshi

Oh, and I did a proper experience post about the solo concert over in the discussion thread.
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/your-akb48-experiences.113/page-308#post-1147000

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  16. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Thanks.
    Wow, you're really living the wasalife.

17. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Hello~ I'm choreographing a fashion show for my school's weeb club and I would like to use some of Wasamin's songs for the traditional section. What songs of hers would be good, do you think?

18. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I really like Hatsuzake, and Ippome Ondo sounds pretty traditional although her vocals aren't spectacular in it. Hakimono to Kasa no Monogatari is great too

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

19. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    OH GOD, THERE SHE GOES.

I don't even know why I only ever noticed now considering she's my TOP 3 OSHI?

BUT! I'm so proud of her finally taking the plunge. I feel like AKB had been stalling her for a long, long time. She has been ready for so long, now she can rock it as solo full-time. You go, gurl, you go.

20. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I considered those but scrapped em for reasons. Don't remember why lul. Maybe hatsuzake can stay. I definitely want akai sweet pea cause it's probably my favorite Wasamin solo, for sure my favorite of her covers.