Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #45 of "Iwasa Misaki no Kōshiki Rajio" (2016/02/04)

if the video does not show watch the video here

You can hear Wasamin's entire graduation announcement.

I'm thinking some of her B-sides, and a few of her album cuts would be good for a "traditional" presentation. Songs like...

Seto no Hanayome (from Mujineki)
    Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyugeshiki (from Moshisora)
    Ajisai-bashi (from Moshisora)
    Kawa no Nagare no You Ni (from Gomen ne Tokyo)
    Kita no Yado Kara (from Request Covers)
    Tsugunai (from Request Covers)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

3. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Post concert press conference, courtesy of NagaraPro

I also wanted to note that yesterday's 48-Group Shamekai event was the first chance Wasamin had to talk directly with her fans since her graduation announcement. Without going into too much detail (I plan on doing a short event writeup) I thnk it was a very important moment for everyone. I know all of the Wasafaithful were anxious to congratulate her and pledge their unwavering support for the future. I think it was important for Wasamin to see her fans as well. She was in an exceptionally genki mood. And she had some thoughts about it afterward...

http://ameblo.jp/misaki-iwasa/entry-12126217711.html

And I am also happy to report that Wasamin's line was pretty big for the entire slot. It made me wonder why she only has one slot on the schedule. And it wasn't because people had open tickets. The line was big right from the start.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  4. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Sigh.

5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #46 of "Iwasa Misaki no Kōshiki Rajio" (2016/02/11)

6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Nagara Group Enka Matsuri 2016 at Aichi Prefectural Art Theater (2016/02/11)

enkam2.jpg

This is the event that features all of NagaraPro's enka talent in one big super concert...

Hikawa Kiyoshi
    Yamakawa Yutaka
    Mizumori Kaori
    Tagawa Toshimi
    Fujino Toshie
    Shiina Sachiko
    Ichikawa Yukino
    Hayabusa
    and of course, Iwasa Misaki

enkam.jpg
    Wasamin with Kaotan, Yutaka-kun and Hayabusa

Before I get to the report, lets go back to late last year. They actually announced the dates for these shows back in the Fall. It is an event I have always thought about attending. In fact during the ticket preorder period you could call to apply to be in a special "Wasamin cheering section". So when I planned this trip Enka Matsuri was in the back of my mind...

Flash forward to the announcement of the handshake dates for Kuchibiru ni, Be My Baby. The only event I could attend was February 21st. I would be sure and load up on Wasamin tickets, and of course there was that Interview/photo-op thing they were doing too. It wasn't until after the second round of cd/ticket applications that chara-ani made the announcement that they had screwed up. Wasamin wouldn't be attending the February 21st event since it conflicts with the Enka Matsuri Tokyo shows. :fp:

This put me in a real bind since I had already reserved a bunch of tickets for the AKB event. I didn't want to bail on paying for chara-ani. So did I want to eat $150 worth of handshake tickets to go to this concert? I checked the schedule and saw that I could in fact go to the Nagoya shows. Since this is really about all of Nagara Pro, and to be honest Kiyoshi, Yutaka-kun, Kaotan and Shimi-san really get the lionshare of the stage time, I really didn't need to see all of these shows anyway. So despite the fact that Nagoya had the crappiest remaining seats I bought a ticket for the afternoon show.

BTW, Tokuma had also arranged to schedule Wasamin's single cheki events for after these concerts. So I bought two cheki tickets or Nagoya, and one for Tokyo just in case I can break away from Makuhari and get back to Tokyo in time. However to do that I will have to miss out on at least one or two handshakes.

enkamats 110.jpg

Anyway, caught the 11:00 Shinkansen to Nagoya. I wanted to make sure I got there early enough to find the venue. Actually it is a huge building right across the street from Sunshine Sakae. So once I found the building, I just needed to find the hoards of elderly people. Doors opened at 2:30, once inside you were greeted with a bunch of zealous carnival-barking salespeople working the CD sales booths for every artist. I got through the main section only to see Hayabusa at their table selling their own CDs. Oh don't tell me...

I looked to the left and there she was. Wasamin hawking her own CDs. As I passed her table I hear "Whoooah, Kurisuuu!" as both she and Ichikawa-san were pointing to me. Honestly I have more copies of Gomen ne Tokyo than I know what to do with, but with her actually selling them I had to buy one, right? I couple of minutes later I sauntered up to her table and pretended like I didn't know who she was.

Me: "I-waa-saa Miii-saki?"
    Wasamin: "Hai, Iwasa Misaki"
    Me: "Enka kashu, ne?"
    Wasamin: "Hai. Kawaii enka kashu"
    Me: "so so....okay ichi-mai kudasai"

At this point the guy handling the money starts to explain to me the two versions, and Wasamin is laughing her ass off. "He knows what they are". So I got my CD and autograph board. Then the guy gave me a ticket. I was like "What is this? Nani kore?" Wasamin blurts out "Akushukai" as the guy is giving me the international sign for handshake (arm outstretched, up and down). I originally thought the ticket was for later, but then I saw people lining up to talk to her. So I queued up. I told Wasamin that I had gone to Universal Studios Japan. She immediately got jealous. Frowning, she told me she wants to go. I asked her if she liked Harry Potter, her response: "Wingardium Leviosa!" She does like Harry Potter. I'm like that's good because I bought you a Gryiffindor scrunchie. She was like "Omiyage!" and started clapping. Unfortunately they weren't accepting gifts for Wasamin at this event, so I will have to save it for later.

enkamats 114.jpg

Anyway, on to the show. My seat was on the 4th level, right side. Actually, all of the left and right side seats on Levels 3-5 were in small boxes. My box was filled with Kiyoshi fans. Actually, the entire venue was filled with Kiyoshi fans as he is obviously the most popular singer in NagaraPro's stable. But before the show started we were treated to a surprise opening act. In fact, this is the second time I have been surprised by their appearance...

minyo.jpg

Remember them? They appeared at one of Wasamin's solo events. It is Nagara Pro's new Enka/idol act Minyo Girls. And this time they brought the member who plays the Shamisen!

I will stick to the Wasa highlights. The show started with a group performance and then member introductions led by Nagarapro Master of Ceremonies Nishiyori Higashi. Next each member sang a classic song from the Showa Era. Wasamin performed Kanashimi Honsen Nihon Kai, which was originally recorded in 1981 by Mori Masako. It was kind of a subdued performance, but it did fit the mood of the song. Here is the original...

She sang a different song in the earlier show, but I'm not sure what it was since nobody I know went to the matinee. After a couple of duets from the top members it was time for the "audience portion" of the program where all the performers walk through the venue and shake hands with the guests. My luck, Wasamin was covering the 4th floor! My bad luck, she only covered the center portion. The people in the boxes got screwed. However, Wasamin DID see me as she could reach over and shake hands with the first box (I was right behind in the second box)

enkam1.jpg
    Wasamin waiting for her turn on stage

The last part of the show featured all the members having a short interview and then singing their most current single. Of course Nishiyori-san brought up Wasamin's coming graduation from AKB. This is the path Wasamin has chosen, and if you think about it she is really a big part of the future of Enka. I mean so many of the popular enka artists are getting older. They need people like Wasamin to carry the Enka torch to the next generation. After Wasamin's performance of Gomen ne Tokyo Hayabusa appeared, then the group closed the show with their usual rollicking edition of Kiyoshi no Zundoko Bushi

The show was over, but now was time for the second event of the evening. The Wasamin cheki event! They scheduled these events for after both the Nagoya and Tokyo stops of the Enka Festival tour. I had two tickets. However, a few weeks ago the Wasafans gave me 10 additional tickets. What they didn't know was that for the first time the Tokuma staff would be checking your tickets against the sales manifest. That's okay. I felt rather sheepish trying to take 12 chekis with Wasamin when I really only bought two. The entire time in the queue was spent watching Wasamin's staff trying to iron out a major problem. You see the area they chose for the event was much too dark, and all of the practice photos looked bad. They ended up having to adjust some of the overhead lights so they would aim more directly at the wall.

As it got close to 7pm the line began to swell. Wasamin came out in a fresh Kimono. You could tell the entire staff was sort of in "hurry-up" mode, since they had to catch a Shinkansen back to Tokyo that night as well. Finally my turn came. "wasamin, you were on the fourth level but I was too far over!" She goes "Yes I know! I saw you" What pose do you want to do? How about Wingardium Leviosa? She liked that idea.

enkamats 118.jpg

I'm not sure how much "magic" we conveyed in the picture, but I liked the result. In fact I tweeted it to her later on. For the second photo I asked what an "Ebi pose" might look like, and this was what she came up with...

enkamats 117.jpg

After the photos she asked me what I liked best about her. I told her I liked everything about her. But then she pressed me, so I told her I love her eyes and her smile. She started laughing. It was at that point I began wondering if I really understood what she asked me after all. But no matter. I said goodnight Misaki-chan, and she responded "Arigatou Chris-chan." Chris-chan? Chris-kun deyo!! "Oh right, Chris-kun" I have to keep on her about this stuff or she forgets. It took her years to remember what part of California I was from.

And that was it. I will be seeing her this weekend at the AKB Shamekai event. And we'll see about that cheki ticket for next weekend.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

The first part of the song is the sweetest thing I've heard.
    Her voice is a gift, something which cannot be achieved just by training.
    And she handled the high part very well.
    Anyway, it's a beautiful song too.

8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #47 of "Iwasa Misaki no Kōshiki Rajio" (2016/02/18)

This week's special guest, actress/singer Ueno Yuuka! She recently released her first album on King Records.

9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I did a writeup on the AKB48 Handshake event this past weekend in the Experience thread. Wasamin did not attend this event since Nagara Group Enka Matsuri was taking place in Tokyo on the same day. I ended up skipping out on three AKB handshake tickets to head back to Tokyo in time for the post concert cheki event...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iwasa Misaki (Slot-Tokyo)
    I entered the venue and was looking for the washroom when I found the queue. It was a big line, and all of a sudden I am hearing a chorus of "Chris-san!" "Chris-san!" The guy running the queue says please come over and check in. I'm like, yeah but I need use the toilet first! The funny thing was the men's room was right next to Wasamin's dressing room. So as I headed in I think Saso-san thought for a second I was going for her room or something. I was like "I just want to use the toilet" I came out a couple minutes later and I here an unfamiliar voice say "Chris-san, this way please" I'm thinking "Jeez, everyone knows me here" As I go to check in the guy is marking my name off before I even put my ID down. Although honestly it is probably easy to figure out which name is mine on the list.

I was about 60th in line. There were at least 100 people there. Eventually it was my turn. Wasamin was wearing the same Kimono she wore for the Cheki event in Nagoya, but her hair accoutrement was quite exquisite.

Wasamin: Kurisuuuu!!!!!
    Me: Misaki-chaaaaan! You have bling-bling! (pointing to her hair)
    Wasamin: Nani???
    (Ichikawa-san, Wasamin's manager is laughing as she knows exactly what I am talking about)
    Me: (pointing directly to the decoration) This! Bling-bling! Kawaii!
    Wasamin: Ahh! (laughing) Kawaii!! Chris-san is kawaii!
    Me: I just arrived here, I am sorry I missed the concert.
    Wasamin: You didn't see it???
    Me: No, I am sorry. :(
    Wasamin: What pose do you want to do?
    Me: Since I missed the concert, how about Tsundere Wasamin and crying Chris?

enoshimamiki 161.jpg
    (and this is what happens when you miss the Wasamin concert!)

Me: It's been so long since I have seen you!
    Wasamin: What? You are leaving Tokyo?
    Me: Not until April. I will see you at AKB Shamekai!
    Wasamin: Okay
    Me: But I want more solo events. Please have more while I am here!
    Ichikawa: Okay okay!
    Wasamin: We will do our best! Chris Kawaii!
    Me: No, Wasamin Kawaii!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as a bonus I will re-link the Wasa-half of the two shamekai I had with Wasamin earlier this month...

2shot1 103.jpg shamekai14 107.jpg

10. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

It's a bit frightening how famous you are over there. She should give you some kaigai fan MVP award.

If you had posted those pics in reverse order, it would sorta look like Wasamin was doing a photo with herself.

11. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
  12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin's final theater show will be March 14th. (So I guess this is going to be a birthday/graduation show)
    Final handshake date will be May 21st in Osaka :fp:

Nice going AKB Management, way to screw over her core fanbase, the majority of whom live in or around Tokyo.
    (Karen's final handshake is on the same day)

And it would have been nice to have a separate day for her birthday and graduation. :censored:

Whatever, better she get the hell out of the place she was never properly appreciated.

13. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    in the schedule I see a Team B performance on March 4th, so maybe it's not gonna be a birthday/graduation show on March 14th :confused:

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #48 of "Iwasa Misaki no Kōshiki Rajio" (2016/02/25)

Part 2 with special guest, actress/singer Ueno Yuuka! She recently released her first album on King Records.

Takeuchi Miyu has also not had a birthday show yet. So that might be for her.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  15. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    [​IMG]
    I barely breath after watching the Saturday Night Stage...

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    A selection of Wasaphotos from the Saturday Night Stage...

saturday5.jpg saturday6.jpg saturday7.jpg saturday10.jpg saturday11.jpg saturday1.jpg saturday3.jpg saturday4.jpg

And my favorite picture. My former Kami-oshimen and my present Kami-oshimen together. This is like a dream pic to me!

saturday2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    So, I'm guessing you may have already found it, but the 4th is Wasamin's birthday show after all.

160304 Iwasa Misaki Seitansai, 18:30 start.
    Performing members: Iwasa Misaki, Umeta Ayano, Oshima Ryoka, Kashiwagi Yuki, Kato Rena, Kizaki Yuria, Goto Moe, Takeuchi Miyu, Tatsuya Makiho, Tanabe Miku, Fukuoka Seina, Yokoshima Aeri, Watanabe Mayu, Takahashi Kira, Nishikawa Rei, Yamabe Ayu.

Out: Ma JiaLing, Yabuki Nako, Watanabe Miyuki, Kobayashi Kana, Sakaguchi Nagisa.

It's Rei-chan's first Team B show, so she'll probably get some of the spotlight. But at least Wasamin gets a seitansai before her graduation! I'm really gonna miss her.

18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I guess we should be thankful they reversed course and decided to give Wasamin a birthday show after all. Especially since her fans have spent the last 6+ months preparing for it...

Not to nit-pick too much, but the inclusion of Mayu and Yukirin in the cast is somewhat disappointing. It will just make it that much harder for us Wasafans to win this show since their comparably large fanbases will surely apply for this too. Hopefully her graduation show will be a different story.

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #49 of "Iwasa Misaki no Kōshiki Rajio" (2016/03/03)

Special Guest: Singer/Songwriter Yamazaki Aoi
    http://yamazakiaoi.jp/

20. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    My kami-oshi's FINAL seitansai in 15 minutes
    COME SUPPORT YA GIRL & ENJOY THIS WASACAM

Wasamin said to keep our eyes peeled out for tonight's seitansai cam
    Probably some Sahhoo-like trick where she'll mouth something secret
    and then ask for the password at HS, G+, or twitter probably

EDIT: Wasamin's seitansai letter was from RABUTAN [maybe someone will do a translation?]
    Renacchi read Rabutan's name as "Tada Aika" LOL http://blog.livedoor.jp/akb48rhyh/archives/47999660.html
    The surprise Wasamin had for us during this LOD was SHE SANG JunaiCrescendo LIVE !!!
    Also, the Wasamin encore call was HILARIOUS, because it was offset in the beginning, so there were 4 Wasamin chants going on LOL

Only one more stage left: the GRADUATION STAGE on 3/14 Pi Day ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016