Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I'm not talking about Sakura's push at debut. I'm talking about the constant push in AKB she's been getting if not before but at least during and since Kibouteki Refrain:
    solo song on AKB's album, solo song on Team A's first original stage in years, solo center in Kimi wa Melody which was specifically hyped as "what if the old AKBs never graduated" (and Sakura was the solo center of that song, above Acchan and Yuuko, that's one hell of a statement!), double-center on an HKT-single, duo song with Haruppi on an HKT B-side, constantly centering Team KIV songs, vice-captain position in Team KIV despite being senbatsu and away from HQ constantly, lead roles in MajiGaku 4, 5 and 0 as well as Crow's Blood...and that's just the bigger ones, I remember a long period of AKBINGO doing Sakura-worship over everything from her bad running to whatever she said and there hasn't been a non-AKS-produced program featuring AKB48 without Sakura on camera even more than Mayuyu and Yukirin, not to mention Sasshi. I'll be rolling my eyes if you try and play all that as "totally not a push". Not with her level of acting and charisma.

Now look at Hana:
    she's been in HKT48 for all of a year (I know about Baitoru AKB, but when she was one Baitorus didn't get featured on singles) and she's not only getting pushed as the Team TIII center but also got the HKT single solo center. But that's not enough, she also got a solo song, on a B-side on the same single. And now the airdrop into AKB's selection senbatsu. Even Haruppi had to struggle her way to center for years. Now I don't have anything against Hana being the HKT-single center, she's there to help promote TIII. But she's getting everything handed to her all at once while there's loads of girls who've been working hard for years, significantly improved themselves, only gotten featured in team songs on singles and that's it - within HKT48 as well as AKB48. Maybe you don't agree with me, but you can't claim I don't have any sort of basis for calling this a mega-push and not being a fan of it.

This was also a golden opportunity for management to choose any other girls than Jurina and Sayanee from SKE and NMB. Pick that next center in line or promising example to show that SKE and NMB thrive even besides their vote-queens. If SG-members are on AKB48 singles to promote their respective groups...why are the slots used to promote girls who already have it all and cast long shadows on their fellow members?

It's also been much discussed that Team K has lost its edge after Yuuko left. Dropping almost all representation of Team K from the A-side only serves to show that management has indeed given up. They don't see potential in K, they're investing on A and 4. B would be dropped without Mayuyu and Yukirin: management can push Yuria and Rena all they want but they're pretty faces and that's it. They have no chemistry together and no impact on their own. Maybe Yuria's push as a dancing ace of SKE and a next gen ace besides Jurina would've worked, but in AKB she's become another milktoast girl among a herd of milktoast girls. If she's a good dancer that's definitely not what the management sees, they want a new pretty face with an acting career.

I'm aware that with over 250 girls in a group not everyone can get treated equally. But there needs to be more variety in senbatsu picks than the "pretty faces"-"mega-pushes"-"girls who've had at least 10 senbatsus under their belts already" axis. There's not going to be perfect package idols that'll pop up to fill the center spots after Yukirin, Mayuyu, Paruru, Jurina and Sayanee graduate. The investing on and promoting the new leads should've started ages ago.

2. Nattan

Nattan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Dont wanna be to negative but really.. I did hope mayu,yukirin or nyannyan to be center they are more fit to be it. And to leave out miichan and rei sux.

3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@kaisap112 Didn't all of the Kami 7 or top 10 (can't remember) members get a solo song on AKB's album during that time? That has nothing to do with push. All the things you have mentioned that Sakura got are not "push", since she was already ranked #11 and then #7 the next year, she got all those jobs after getting popular with fans. isn't that how things should be in the group? Kimi wa Melody center might be a push, but then again she is the youngest member in Kami 7 as well as the second best HS seller after Sayanee. the problem was more the way management promote the single before the release, saying it's about grads, AKB's anniversary etc. when that was just a gimmick for attention (as usual). but the fact that she got a solo center is not wrong considering her age & popularity.

Now I do agree that Hana is getting a huge push since she's pretty much unknown except for the fact that she center a HKT single but that itself was a big push.

4. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    I have nothing against Yuria (in fact, I like her), but even herself said shortly after the Election that losing positions was a good thing, because she was taking Senbatsu for granted and that would make her work much harder to 'earn it', and now she returns as nothing happened.

I'm hurt for Tomu mostly, because she hadn't do nothing but rise in ranking, but I don't wish Yuria bad either...it's odd that they are keeping her despite not being stellar in anything at all, Renacchi at least is increasing in rankings to say an example.

5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I still don't get why people could use rank as a defense for Sakura but not Yuria (in this case, offense) :hmm:

6. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    How is hoping her to fall down even harder so the manegement will t/not being happy she's in senbatsu is misogynist? It's not like we're hoping her to be replaced by a boy. and we're not criticizing her because she's a girl nor are we criticizing her performance... what she can do or she can't do as a girl. We are criticizing her position a staple senbatsu AKB member whose rank dropped significantly and yet is still being favored over OTHER GIRLS who did much better in sousenkyo and more popular.

We want her to be replaced by another girl. How the hell is that misogynistic?

lol the irony you want to call the SJW-police when you're acting just like a SJW wannabe here. Accusing people being misogynist based on nothing..... and given your history post. It's rich, you wanna cry misogyny.

Go back to being SJW somewhere else.

Criticizing someone who happens to be a girl ≠ misogynistic

7. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Again. coming from you, that's rich.

and since you like to make up things out of thin air. here's the definition of misogyny

mi·sog·y·ny
    məˈsäjənē/
    noun
    1. dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

By your own definition of the word, doesn't this make you a misogynist?

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

In Oceania humour is no allowed.

Interesting to see that Sayaya isn't getting any heat for being in senbatsu, I guess big boobs get you a free pass after all

• Like Like x 2
  9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I didn't see the announcement order posted here (it might have been), but I found it through Yahoo Japan on Tokyo Sports:

Annin 11, Renacchi 12, Miion 13, Naachan 14, Kojimako 15, and Yuria 16.

Note that Yukirin is 3rd behind Sasshi.

[After Paruru]、指原莉乃(HKT)、柏木由紀(AKB)、山本彩(NMB)、渡辺麻友(AKB)、小嶋陽菜(AKB)、宮脇咲良(HKT、AKB)、松井珠理奈(SKE)、横山由依(AKB)、兒玉遥(HKT、AKB)、入山杏奈(AKB)、加藤玲奈(AKB)、向井地美音(AKB)、岡田奈々(AKB)、小嶋真子(AKB)、木崎ゆりあ(AKB)、高橋朱里(AKB)、川本紗矢(AKB)、込山榛香(AKB)、松岡はな(HKT)、小栗有以(AKB・チーム8)、中井りか(NGT)の22人(発表順)
    http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/entertainment/593890/

10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I pretty much agree with this post entirely.
    I'm not too torn up that Dasu isn't there (even though she probably should be, sister group inclusions are always wild cards), but Tomu is continuing to get shafted. Her votes keep going up but management keeps ignoring her. At this point she should have earned a spot in single senbatsu thanks to numbers that beat out a lot of other peoples' in that senbatsu, but...nope. And Yuria should never have left SKE.

I love that Komiharu, Naachan and Kojimako are there. I'm wondering when Kojiharu will finally graduate (will she get a grad song on this single? Or did she say "I'm going to graduate" but really mean "I'm going to graduate within the next 5 years at some point"?)

11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    What's wrong with her?

12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Where exactly did I say there was something wrong with her?

13. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    You kinda reduced her to big boobs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It was an observation, not a judgement.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The humor should be funny but it kinda wasn't. Misogyny shouldn't be re-construed as something it's not. However, I agree with your point that people who say "I hope this girl falls hard so that [insert motivation here]" do have a problematic mindset. Or rather, a destructive mindset.

The bottom line is we are dealing with normal young women who are trying to make it big in the entertainment business, or even just trying to get a leg up to their futures. What management does or does not do should have zero impact on how you think of them as human beings and wishing for them to fail just so some twisted sense of justice or [insert motivation here] is enacted is not only selfish but also amazingly repugnant behavior on the part of the fans. Sadly, we see this so often. "I hope she drops into obscurity", "I hope she tanks", etc. These are all girls who have hopes and dreams and are working very hard to make them come true. It's fine to criticize and fine to not like a member but actively hoping for the destruction of their career based on something they didn't even do is...not how a fan should act.

• Like Like x 2
  16. eibun2012

eibun2012 Kenkyuusei

maybe your observation should cover more than her breasts, I dunno maybe start with her rank at 27 (which seems to be the biggest point of contention in this discussion) or maybe the fact that she is the newer member who is doing rather consistently well in terms of hs sale...

17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Well she did ranked in the undergirls from nowhere and do quite okay in HS.

18. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I would make a comment on some "stage48.txt" worthy posts but the "mob" will go tell the warden that I'm being a meanie... :awesome:

• Like Like x 1
  19. babymayu

babymayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yuria has nice boobs too, she even had a whole photobook to flaunt them but it didn't help her much, huh?

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Aaaaaay guys, let's party in peace.

I imagine this single will have Kojiharu's graduation song, since she said she didn't want her graduation to be postponed ala Takamina.
    Thing is AKB doesn't usually have a big winter concert, so maybe they'll have to pull one out for this one.

Also, is it only me that finds it incredibly rude to announce this at the concert of the girls who DID NOT rank?
    Yeah, there are Yui, Hana and Rika in senbatsu, but for the most part it feels like "look, you didn't rank and here we're showing you how far you are from the top".

If it had been a simultaneous announcement, alright, but...

• Like Like x 1