[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The drumbeats are sounding. Senbatsu discussion on the Nogi board is heating up. Pre-orders are already being taken for their sixteenth single, with a firm release date of 9 November. So far, both Keyaki singles have come out two weeks after a Nogi single. One Japanese poster has suggested that the last part of next Sunday's KeyaKake may be a senbatsu announcement.

And now there is discussion around the cover of the November Entame magazine, which comes out on Friday:

61adf264_Z640w.jpg

"Is this the front for the 3rd single?" one poster comments. "Smells like that," adds another.

The magazine features these three, with a gift of a "clear file" plastic file folder with them in hot spring yukatas on it. Other names mentioned are Kobayashi Yui, Shida Manaka, and...Harada Aoi. One commenter: "...here comes Aoi." And Zuumin is mentioned again. There is also a handbook of who each member of Hiragana is.

Commenters suggest that the other two members could come from among Kobayashi and Sugai, or Berika and Berisa, or Mona. I've seen more features on those first two recently. It's possible. And the magazine promo's list of features is interesting:

We can only keep running up the hill!
    Imaizumi's part-time-work struggles.
    Hirate Yurina looks back on Keyakizaka46's year.
    Kobayashi Yui's daily life.
    Shida Manaka's non-cool animal reminiscences.
    Harada Aoi talks about being an enthusiastic eater.
    Nagahama Neru: building bridges between Kanji and Hiragana.
    A directory of all the members of Hiragana Keyaki.
    A talk with Katou Shiho, Saitou Kyouko and Ushio Sarina.

The order in which members are mentioned invites interpretation. Zuumin first?! Maybe just because what she talks about sounds interesting.

In any case, as we get closer to an announcement, it seems likely that magazines are being directed to the members who are in the new senbatsu. The selection show may already have been recorded. If it comes next week, it almost certainly has.

EDIT: Sorry I put those first few lines out there before completing the post. Unintentional.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  3. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    Whoa that magazine sounds great!! I, too, am anticipating the 3rd single announcement sometime soon. So exciting!!

The line up for the Girls Award 2016 Autumn/Winter has been announced and features four Kayakis! Hirate Yurina, Habu Mizuho, Watanabe Risa, and Kobayashi Yui.

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've translated the interview with Aki-P in the October Nikkei Entertainment. He talks about the difference between AKB48 and the Sakamichi groups, and also about the difference between Nogizaka and Keyakizaka. He goes into some interesting details about where he sees Keyakizaka now, what he thinks of Hirate, and who else is of interest to him in the group. We also get a bit of insight into how he thinks about developing a group.

The only other K46 members he mentions in the interview as being of particular interest to him are Pe (now appears to be Berika's most common nickname in the group) and Risa. So maybe a front of Hirate flanked by Neru/Zuumin, flanked by Pe/Risa?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  5. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Personally I hate senbatsu position based on favoritism of a single person. I hope that isn't the case with Keyaki in the future.

6. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    I have no issue with Hirate staying where she is, there are others who I think are possible centres, but Hirate seems the natural centre right now.

That article has put my mind at rest for the future of Keyaki. Aki-P seems to have a much greater love for the groups than I had ever realised.

What a guy!

7. Alvin chipmunks

Alvin chipmunks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Wow! I just realized that keyaki only has 1 show left because their drama and keyabingo ended.

I WANT MOOAAARRR!!!!

...but i know they have hectic schedules especially Techi... at least now they can have a break. So i'll just sit in the corner and cry.... :D

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

You won't be alone in that corner.
    Do you mean favoritism by Aki-P or for Techi? I don't know. I'm more concerned with entertainment. So far, I think Techi is the best bet there, and it's hard to bet against the judgment of Aki-P, in the long run, whether we agree with every decision or not. And I think Konno Yoshio (Keyakizaka management committee head) has a lot of say, too.

I'd be more worried about the favoritism of choosing only according to fan popularity, which it seems can ignore singing and dancing ability. Not that I'm immune from playing favorites myself, lol.

9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I mean favoritism by Aki-P. I would support fan popularity factor much more than Aki-P choice LOL. As for talent, I don't think Aki-P or management care much about it (singing and dancing). Talents are always overlooked in idol world. How they choose senbatsu it seems to be based on their own preference, maybe adding some popularity factor as well.
    I have nothing against Techi, she's growing on me. But I would still prefer rotating center position. And I would still say the same even if my oshi Manaka was the one picked for center in the beginning.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  10. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    In case you haven't seen, I've posted the data and an analysis for the last popularity poll I did (back in July) and I'm looking for suggestions for the next one. Please take part in this thread if you're interested!

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Great stuff from kanjo. Overseas fans do a decent job of picking a senbatsu. Not that I agree with everything, but that's life. The choices make sense. Maybe Japanese fans as a whole, rather than just the louder voices among 2channelers, would do a good job, too.

12. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

13. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
  14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I think that's probably it. Announcing unnamed new single for 23 November, two weeks after N46's already-announced unnamed new single. Seven hours to go....
    http://www.keyakizaka46.com/mob/index.php?site=k46o&ima=0000

Japanese commenters make wilder suggestions: one-man show, national tour, new TV show, second Mechakari ad, new tie-up campaign with some other company, graduation.... New TV show is certainly possible.

EDIT: I'm not sure whether to post this here or in football fanatic Kage-chan's thread, but it seems that a J-League footballer is using a move from Silent Majority as his goal celebration. Hirayama Souta of FC Tokyo in a match against Gamba Osaka.

16. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

The ominous time -10 AM on Oct. 30th, some hours from now- has been mentioned in Yuuka's blog as well, with the commentary "わくわくわくわく" (a mimetic expression for excitement); this particular blog entry by the way was written at around 4:30 (!) AM. Not sure whether she's coincidentally overdoing her 'up for very very long'-routine and just felt like blogging at that time or the excitement is catching up to her. If it actually is related to an upcoming single, there is a chance that good news are coming up for her. Possibly, she already knows much more than us and, well...

But let's not lose our heads about it though.

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'll bet they have recorded the senbatsu selection already, and it will be shown two Sundays from now (and the front will be Sugai-Neru-Techi-Zuumin-Risa/Rika). That's my guess. A month and a half before the release, like last time. Sugai has looked pretty happy recently. Shida posted a weird post with no pic, talking about beginning to read books. Today in her blog, Neru said the Nagasaki fortune-telling her father sends her said September would be a great month for her, and she said it had been. And she posted a very happy pic of "Techiko" (which I highly recommend going to her thread to look at). Straws in the wind....

As for those early posting times, it's boring, but I actually suspect those are the times the editors get around to posting the blog posts, rather than the actual time the posts are written. A couple of months ago there was some talk about getting posts up closer to the time they were written, but at least before that, the posts would sometimes say "good evening" and be posted in the morning. In any case, I'm sure it's not a simple case of from the member's phone to our eyes. Management definitely has someone look at the posts before they go out. Safety first, lol.

18. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    YEP; 3rd Single Confirmed!!!
    30th November

19. Babyshiba

Babyshiba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen: