[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

IS THAT TRUE!?????!!!!

It's 2016 and I'm loving this group even more than when they released Beginner.

EDIT: Which was in 2010 and made me feel very old suddenly.
    I'm crying.

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@Trinu i still remember when AKB48 went to the 58th NHK Kouhaku in 2007 for their 1st appearance[hehe]

3. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
  4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Could be because someone who posted a translation of it back then just posted a correction.

First bit is more like "Left out again" but yeah.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So Sakura is a b*tch.
    Big surprise lol

I love how she tried to get out of it. I would do the same haha

6. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Yea.. I wouldn't say she's a bitch. Because fat shaming is totally ok in Japan. Like 100% totally ok.
    I wish it was ok in America too, maybe people would actually give a sh*t about their appearances if they were called out on it more.

7. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Unfortunately, We live in the PC Era now. :lol:

8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Fortunately, there are HTC Vive and Oculus Rift :lol:

9. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Unfortunately, they both have crap games. :awesome:

10. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Naanya has quite an attitude :lol: I wonder if she's so hard to work with that management just went whatevs and hence the lack of big stuff coming her way this year after the crazy push last year. Her handshake and fan interaction rapport are not great either.

Many 48G fans still subscribe to the serious, always-do-the-best-at-some-personal-cost, kind of idol path, and dallying around at 2am in a game center with a dude (only 1 as far as we know so far) is probably not a good image for an idol. I wonder if a struggle/redemption narrative ala Haruppi or Sasshi is still possible for her.

Nishino, on the other hand, this must not be good for her "hyper-but-she's-a-good-girl" image. Now it's more like hyper-and-naughty, and her 2ch support thread is currently on fire.

11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

If I were Miki I wouldn't give a shit either. She has most likely actively tried harder to cultivate some kind of character than Naachan and Mako combined and still got shafted and left behind the other two (because the character she chose to create is not the popular type, but that doesn't mean she doesn't work hard at it). Partly it is management passing her over for pushes and opportunities when the rest of TTMC is getting actively pushed. On the other hand, Miki is younger than her 14th gen fellows, which is probably a big reason why she was passed over for some of that stuff. But I'm sure it still bugs her and she might become Tano v2.0 if her fellows become senbatsu favorites while she keeps dropping in rank.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with resentment at all and Naanya is just a bad influence :^^;:

12. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Firstly...wtf
    Second, it's not even about the fat shaming. It's more about the fact that Sakura was making fun of the appearance about a girl who she portrays herself to have a good relationship with. We don't know their relationship behind the scenes, but clearly it's not amazing.
    I mean, I have never cared about Sakura one way or another, and I really like Meru, but what Sakura posted didn't bother me that much, mostly because I had no expectations for Sakura beforehand. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were friends but after that whole tweet thing they aren't anymore. Or maybe they never were friends. It honestly doesn't matter because their relationships behind the scenes are their business.

I mean, probably not. I feel like most Naanya fans have already accepted that her push is pretty much over and they're just trying to do whatever they can do to increase her recognition. What I'm saying is that it's already been too late for a redemption arc at this point. But at the same time, Naanya will probably gain some new fans after this scandal tbh. I don't know her that well so I'm not sure if she would also have a lot of fans leave her, but I feel at this point most of her fans are pretty hardcore and therefore are too invested to leave her.

13. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

This is the type of fans that are the most delusional and most like to leave tho

14. babymayu

babymayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I agree

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah no.
    A country doing something and having it considered ordinary in its culture doesn't really make it ok.
    Not hurting another person's feeling on purpose is simply human decency.

16. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Sakura's fat shaming was 100% NOT ok. And the fact she was quick to delete the tweet and act out a hack is a proof she herself knows its not ok.

17. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I don't get why fat shaming is bad since being fat is unhealthy and what sakura did wasn't that bad, it's more like a banter.
    eventhough I get fat shaming meru wasn't appropriate since she's not that fat

18. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    You guys forget the part where she retweeted some random post of Iwata karen as part of her cover up but unfortunately in that tweet Iwata was talking about her dog having an important surgery and she was angry at Sakura for it.

19. mionfortune

mionfortune Kenkyuusei

Bullying isn't new anymore in Japan. In fact they have the biggest numbers of bullies in the world. Actually, A lot of them has quite an attitude.

About idols, We really don't know what's happening behind the curtain. We can guess and speculate but only until that since it's already personal/private.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  20. moonlit

moonlit Member

anyone actually know how the Japanese fans took the entire situation? With Naanya and Miki?