[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

It was this interview. Starts at 4:20.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Also here's a video with some older Hirate variety clips.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  2. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Mostly fan speculation. Last year's Hirate Yurina is really different from today. She used to sit at the very front, middle position, but now she sits at the back, right at the corner even though she's center and is pretty much equivalent to an Acchan.
    Techi also said that in her class, she's assigned to sit right in front of the teacher and she hates it so much, pretty much saying she doesnt like being the center of attention. Probably the reason why she always looks gloomy whenever she's announced as center for another single. But bruh, her aura on stage is as big as Texas.

3. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    More like people use it to justify Hirate's behavior these days.

4. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Not justify, but view as a possible/likely explanation.
    I find human behavior too convoluted/complex to ascribe it to simply one factor, but I think a desire to give others a chance to shine and or carry the burden in variety is a motivating factor in Hirate being more subdued on the Keya T.V. shows.
    She is much more bubbly on her radio program, of course there she is expected to carry the burden and there may be other factors playing in to that dichotomy between T.V. Hirate and performance and radio Hirate.

5. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I think she is very conscious of her image. I don't know why, but it's quite evident since she's more talkative at radio but keeps hiding herself in front of the cameras, be it position-wise (this isn't probably her choice but a result of her behavior on-screen), be it when they zoom the image to her face and she starts to hide with the hands or to mess with her hair.
    IIRC, she has said she hides her face with her hair at performances to fight nervousism.
    I don't know. No one knows. I just wish she's as healthy as she can, physically and mentally.

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I think we'll understand better what has been going on with Hirate when we really understand what is being said in Hiraishin. That's like a dialogue between Techi and the other members, and seems to me, as I understand it so far, to imply that they think she was being selfish and irresponsible, but will support her anyway. But that was written by Aki-P, so it may represent his ideas more than hers and theirs. Here's @too much idea's translation, which includes the Japanese.

In any case, I think Hirate is magic. Not a normal entertainer. And I think somehow that free, aggressive, slightly evil personality that possesses her on-stage has leaked over a bit into real life, where it lives uncomfortably intertwined with her normal, fairly sweet personality.

Good point by @PetalidiStelle about her not liking to have her face looked at. Not an unusual feeling, for an ordinary person. More unusual for an idol, maybe. If you look at one of her old school pics, you can imagine that she never used to think of herself as pretty. Like the line in My Coffin about seeing the face she "hates" reflected in a shop window. I got the feeling from her Rockin' On Japan interview early this year that she thought the normal Hirate wasn't up to much and would rather get rid of her in favour of the stronger performing Hirate. This, of course, is not actually possible....

7. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    You made it sounds worse though... Feel like she has multiple personality disorder... Anw, since Keya has enough variety members for variety shows and good MCs for interviews and stuff... I don't think she will/ need to change atm anw. Just give her time, she might come back to how she was, or get worse, we don't know. Only time can tell.

8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    We have seen her smiling and laughing again for 3 weeks now!!!

9. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

wooaah . . . reading this, sound like she needs help, serious help...:v:

anyway in my observation which is limited to watching their variety, she does look uncomfortable for many episodes. why? i don't know. listening to their discussions in variety other members have their own personal anxieties too. with their looks, personal growth, etc. so she's not alone in that aspect. maybe it's her position with the group? too much burden? who knows what's happening backstage, as in without those cameras. other members must also feel unsatisfied with their position, right? i don't completely buy the notion, "i/we will support you no matter what". sure they have bonded but competition is always there. maybe the other girls are not like that at all, but she feels that's how the they look at her. or maybe she's just at that age. no one really know exactly what's in her mind or how she feels. forget about those camera shots when she's smiling, laughing but focus more on those shots when she's not looking, behind other members, on the background. like she's somewhere else or at least her mind is wandering who knows where. or simply, she's just tired and need to refresh. it's true, they have many good variety girls so it's not like she needs to step up. but berika's presence is more visible than hers so, hmmm?!?! i just hope their management doesn't push her til the very last drop of energy she has left before realizing something is wrong, if indeed there is something wrong. could just be my personal observation.

yup, last episode of keyabingo 3, i find it strange how she hides her face and the way she answer like she just want to be done with it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    She's embarrassed that she got caught by the camera, i would be embarrassed too if i were her lol

btw Naako said that before recording for Kaze ni MV scene where they lifted Techi up, Oda keeps making Techi laughs (Techi mentioned Oda a lot lately so that's great too)

11. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Techi seems fine to me... She's 16, at her rebellious phase. Besides, not everything you see on camera defines ones personality, it could just be a facade for all we know. Look at Sugai, she smiles 24/7 (I wonder if she gets tired) but she's captain, handles 41 girls, a graduating college student who's in the middle of making her thesis, representing the group on TV, Radios, MCs, etc idk anymore. Then there's Imaizumi, a ball of sunshine, the next day, she's suddenly MIA.
    With all these, I'm glad no one graduated yet, it's been 2 years after all, that's some bond right there peeps.

12. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

Did you see the interview that was translated and posted in the last day or two?

https://twitter.com/WeTriedSubbing/status/919562059372564481 (thanks too much idea and wts)

13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    That's what troubles me about Hiraishin (other than the actual structure of the song), the fact that is not wrote by any one of the girls. While it was acceptable and expected with the other songs, like SM and so, which express feelings that are shared by many, this is about one specific girl from other specific girls.. so I feel the... discrepance between the message and the author.

I can't find Techi in that song, much like I can't find any other girl.

I find Techi and the girls in Fuuchan's blog, in Shida's SR, in Memi's friendship, in intervews and so on, and even in the fact Kanji actually had different opinions this summer, but not in the song.
    Hopefully I'd end liking it once I can see the VM, but I doubt I'll ever believe it.

Perhaps the words used to explain Hirate are strong, but Hirate herself is a powerfull presence.

She is definitely someone who can't be described in the same way other idols, or centers, are. So I understand why Ukifune decided to use those words and I don't find them so wrong. Techi is not black or white, and surely is not your everyday idol.
    I have the feeling she started with expectations - because if you go through an audition you expect something once you pass it - but not so big as what followed. Not so much.
    The amount of popularity, jobs, expectations, stress, obligations but also the loneliness to be put in that privileged spot is something no one of us can really understand or quantify, but surely it can change you, exhaust you, especially at 14/15 year old.
    I believe many members, if not all, wished at least once to be in Hirate's place, but I also wonder how many times Techi herself wished to be just one of many and not the face of Keyaki.
    I think we would be surprised by the answer.

And then there's Hirate on stage.
    Like I said many times Techi has something most idols - and most people - lack, she demands attention just standing there and doing nothing (RN there's a gif going around on socials in which keyakichans in suit say the motto, make the keyaki gesture and Yuuka speaks an so on, and Techi is half outside the gif doing nothing at all, but hands down she is the person the eyes are drawn to. There's no helping), and when she is on stage that charm is turned on at its maximum.

More so, Techi is a performer. And a really good one. And that arrives straight to people when she's on stage, but also it stays with her when she is not over there. She's not just an idol who is performing, in keyaki there're better singers and better dancers than she is, even if she's getting better at both, but the power of her performance can't be ignored.

She is THERE.

And the incredible and unhealty amount of hope I have for her to become even more than this is the reason I was keeping myself from writing this
    Obviously I failed lol

At the same time, like @Ally_ said, she's a 16 year old girl who is living a.. not-so-normal-life with other 40 so people now... and perhaps a bit slower than the others she is finding her place among them. I think between Kanji there are people who can really help her to grown and enjoy herself at the same time, and between hiragana, people she can befriend and be spoiled and teased, so, hopefully she'll find a sort fo balance and her own path like everyone of us did, or is doing.
    That is what, I think, her fans wish for.
    An healthy, happy, still amazing Techi.

14. Techi Yurina

Techi Yurina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    if that's true, sugai yuuka is about making thesis, it's amazing because i'm bachelor degree and want to reach magister degree in scholarship way but for now i'm don't get the scholarship but i'm work hard for it. and i'm work now

15. Yami

Yami Kenkyuusei

16. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Too bad the game's not available outside of Japan and my usual go to doesn't have it. I'll keep trying though?

17. ABF48

ABF48 Member

about techi's changing personality, i'm positive that she has became another object experiment of akip [hehe] i dont know about u guys but for me the case was like paruru and acchan. only techi is more upgraded and polished, and akip is pouring everything to techi as if she was his last masterpiece, his last creation.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

until a new one appears. and it will, they always do. but for now, that's spot on.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Sorry I haven't been looking at this thread today. And sorry if anyone took what I wrote as indicating something awful. I don't perceive it that way. But I do see the dead look Techi has sometimes had offstage (or even onstage, this summer) as somehow connected to the intense personality she lives onstage: assuming it or reacting to it. Of course when you are totally involved in something onstage, those attitudes can leak over into daily life. There's nothing crazy about that. That interview late last winter where she said she wanted to get rid of the normal Yurina can be seen as a problem, or it can be seen as the natural aspiration to become better as a person, after living what seems to her a better person onstage. And of course we have to keep our eyes open for Aki-P's deft hand, either consciously telling her to act a certain way, or simply affecting her by the lyrics he gives her to sing.

One thing about her is how she has long said that she watches all her performances many times, and always sees faults rather than strengths. Whether that's just her own perfectionism or worry about how other members who want her position perceive her, I don't know. Hopefully the others are now (if they weren't before) bolstering and supporting her, making her laugh, telling her how good she is, and accepting her for the absurdly talented young person she is.

So I'm not intending to say there's anything wrong with her. But I am saying that she is a complicated person in a difficult situation. And I want to understand what's going on. How she was during the summer is definitely in need of explanation, for me. With what little I know now, I don't think "exhaustion" is enough of an explanation. And blog posts and lyrics don't seem to, either, although no matter how much members write, I always feel they are skirting around important bits they feel they can't really talk about.

I'm thrilled to see her smiling so much recently, and hope any crisis there might have been has passed. But I'm not unhappy when I see her seeming wilful. That's good, too.

20. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    This is happy news that everyone should hear so i'm posting here:

It has been reported that Yone announced in Talk that she passed her university exam!!! She will also write a blog about it!

• Like Like x 1