MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Before going through Twitter and looking for the girls (I know a couple, like Ash and the twins, but barely know anything about the other girls), I'll just say that most of the profile pictures are horrifying.
    Also, can anyone point me to the Weekly Updates where I can hear them singing? I've only found the ones where they showed their dancing.

Eunice - Honestly, I have absolutely no idea why she's first. Her dancing is nothing special, and she is probably one of the least good looking candidates imo. In addition, she isn't young or something. Unfortunately it looks like she'll stay first, that gap is huge.
    Sheki - She looks so pale in the profile picture, it looks unnatural, she's a lot prettier in videos. She is really small as well, less than 150cm! She looks like she's having so much fun.
    Sayaka - Couldn't find dancing or singing videos of her. Don't find her looks interesting.

Girls I like so far: Sheki.

I can't take them seriously, not sure why. Just going to say that if they have Eunice as the center, there will end up like JKT48.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. rinachan

rinachan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    My Top 7 (based on idol-factor)
    1. Ash
    2. Alice
    3. Aria
    4. Quincy
    5. Faith
    6. Sayaka
    7. Dian

on Top 1 Eunice - she talented based on her performances, but i don't see any "idol factor" for me. sorry guys.

3. mistertaxi07

mistertaxi07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm sorry, but what qualities of Ash do you think makes her fit for the captain position? Am I missing something? Please, enlighten me. lol
    Based on the video, she finds it difficult to socialize with others. Social skills, at least, is necessary to become a captain.
    I'm not a hater of Ash, I actually love her dance covers.
    I just cringe when I see the words "Captain Ash" on SNS. LOL

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Eunice - she's Rank 1 because she always stands out during performances. At first I thought because she is just talented but as I watched the performances over and over and focus on other girls, I found out that she stands out because she is different. Yeah she is different from other girl, as per human perception the different always stands out.
    Sheki - she's a great singer, she can do whistle and vocal breaks, and I think she also a good dancer. The problem is her height.

About the Captain thing - think there are two candidates for Captain, Eunice & Abby. But I'll go for Abby, some Ex-Aspirants told me how approachable she is. Some said that if they are having a hard time fitting into the group Abby approach them. And I also like how she campaign herself & MNL48, and sometimes she also telling to support her co aspirants. And for Eunice the "1 phone + 1 sim = 1 vote only" issue of her is enough for me to decide that she shouldn't be the captain.

About the Center thing - I always wanted Sela to be the Center, she got this angelic face and she's prettier in person. Well that's the 1st purpose of the Center, to be the face of the group. If not Sela I'll go for Nice she have this great smile and she is more attractive when she opens her mouth, she does that sometimes when performing.

Well if they want to be like BNK48, they should choose someone like mobile to be the Center. I think Mobile is the lucky charm of BNk48's KFC, and a Thai Fan told me that she's an undergirl before she became the Center.

5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    And I thought Eunice and Alice were the only one who stands out in the perf lol.

6. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Well, that's her monicker on FB as well. "Captain Ash"

7. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Awwww if I can only choose my Kami 7 it would be

Eunice, Sayaka, Alice, Thea, Marsela, Aria and Mae - just recently noticed her. She has a very nice personality.

Jaydee used to be one of my fave based from the audition videos and her profile which is so kawaii and talented at the same time. However, her dance performance on the morning show put me off coz it's so exxagerated... plus her personality seems too serious and rigid. I still believe she's an asset to the group though.

8. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Thanks god she wasn't chosen °_° I'm really sorry but those costumes were... aahhh...

I really like how you think, we share the same opinion :D

I'm really lost guys now, is the show still going to air ? Didn't they finish the whole thing ?

9. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

10. sela48

sela48 Kenkyuusei

Is it me or are the votes frozen? I’ve been keeping track of Sela’s votes and she’s been stuck at 1921 for a while now

11. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
  12. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Now I'm wondering who's going to do the official Overture?

13. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    TPE's and BNK's overture have the same voices, so probably the one that did it to them will also do it with MNL

14. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Mnl48 segments starts now!

I hope there's an overture for them

I hope also that they have prepared an MNL48 overture for the girls at showtime. It will be great if all the madlangpeople know this part.. ;)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  15. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Did...did they just give Shaira a BabyMetal costume(?) Lol

Also, this little intro section is great haha

16. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    ...What was THAT, lol.
    Just finished watching today's segment, that seems really short. No interactions with anyone, even. At least we got short introductions from each one of them though..

The segment feels so empty, that good news thing caught me hooked, only ended up being about Karylle advertising Nova Lite 2.

I also hope they change the song choice, it doesn't really suit the image they're aiming for in my opinion. Really, Tick Tock? lmao
    Everything else worked out though, that's good.

17. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    When you search "MNL48" on twitter every after their Showtime performance, you'll see around 200+ hate tweets and 10+ support tweets. Some of those are even in Bisaya (a language of the Visayas and Mindanao people) so this is actually not looking THAT good (for the general public, at least).

Feel free to prove me wrong. I would like to see some good news about this group *sigh*.

18. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Yes, the competition is still on. They now have only 48 girls left. Originally, we thought that they'll keep 48 girls as the first gen. But now it seems they'll be getting less than that number.

However, unlike the previous weeks, the girls now have a lot of activities in store for them. They will go to malls and probably appear in more shows (they appeared in "It's Showtime" earlier for example...they used to appear there only on Saturdays).

Also, they will most likely go on break next week due to the observance of the Holy Week. They will resume in April about which time they will be wrapping things up. Expect some...uh...surprises.

I don't think anyone is expecting people to accept this quickly. You can either let the negative impressions of other people bother you are you just try to follow the group and give it a chance.

Or you can just sit sit back and let the world be the world.

• Like Like x 1
  19. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Welp I think there is a difference between gradually accepting and flat out rejecting such as turning off the tv when they perform or changing the channel when they are on and going back when they are done :(

I actually follow the group A LOT so I actually support them haha but when people can't see their improvement and almost all their comments say "end this cringy af group" it just makes me sad.

20. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

The girls are more into bigger things than just stay put on a noontime show.

I just made my point on the commenter outside of this forum because one netizen said this..

"That show is super crowded. There's already hashtags and girltrends and then add MNL48 to the mix?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.