[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    ^on average do "variety" members get more jobs than other members? i haven't ever thought about that.

2. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I am not sure as well. Jobs are always about popularity. Variety members are almost always less popular. But I think for outside jobs, you will be working with people who are a complete strangers so you have to at least have some variety skills, it might be difficult to follow or enter the flow of the conversation/show.

I think with variety shows, the members character gets refined.

3. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The reason why Sasshi is Sasshi today is b/c of her talent in variety shows, not her dancing skill, not her singing skill, or her appearance. This answer should be enough, eh?

4. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i need more than one person out of thousands of idols to completely agree

One thing i would add about Sasshi is she isn't just good at variety as an idol. She is good at hosting. I think that talent gives her a huge advantage over your typical good good at variety member

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. glsone

glsone Member

Manatsu and Kazumin in Nogi owe all their success to the variety side also. There's a lot of up and coming 48s, especially in NGT like Ogiyuka and Rika that owe their rise to their Showroom abilities which is pretty much all variety skill.

6. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i disagree a little. i think that showroom, youtube, etc. are something different than traditional variety.

7. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Have to add that they got some jobs because of it. Even Onishi Momoka.

Also Tanigawa Airi/ Yoshida Akari/Oya Shizuka/etc.

• Like Like x 1
  8. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

It's more like if someone's showroom is entertaining they probably have variety potential too. Idol variety and showroom both provide a safe place to practice and experiment.

Besides variety members every member tries to establish some sort of character they sell to a wider audience. They can find it on their show. Or they can find it showroom like Ogino and Nakai Rika. But if they don't try a whole lot different things it can be hard to find it. If Keyakake was just a talk show from the beginning Akanen's character may have never been discovered for example.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Sometimes girls do well on showroom due to variety skills but the girls most famous for tend to use their personal interaction skills - the HS ones. There's a huge correlation between Showroom skill and HS event skills/popularity.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    All i can say Akanen is not good at HS at all thats why shes not popular at HS.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

11. kazuya

kazuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Random question but who are the members considered the best at HS events?

12. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    As far as the fan accounts I have read. Berika is great at HS. Well, those were Berika-biased fan accounts though lol

I think maybe Imaizumi might be the best? Sugai also seems to be great at handshakes too. Naako too, I think

13. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    From my experience going to NHS, Imaizumi, Berika, Neru, Sugai

• Like Like x 1
  14. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    i've recently experienced Miyu, Yuipon, Risa, Rina, Rika, Sugai

the one that was really good is definitely Sugai, Rika and Rina because they themselves will initiate and will keep the conversation going.

Miyu, Yuipon, and Risa, are quite shy i guess? especially pon.
    and my friend's (who is a guy) experience varied from mine lol

15. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Wouldn't Hirate returning signal the end of the world?

Oh, wait ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

Ehhh!?! Only Uemura's trumpet skills can signal the end of times!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Not sure if Techi has a defined "superior ability" that one can pinpoint to. Just like Acchan before her, she has "aura". People may cringe all they want when they hear that word and argue the hell out of it, but at the end of the day, it is the difference between Techi being the center and others with clear superior abilities in dance, singing, etc., simply not. It is the sum of all the parts and then some. Aki-P has been in the idol business long enough, he noticed that in the 14-year old Maeda, and he noticed something similar in the 14-year old Hirate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

It all depends on how much trust you place in Akimoto's ability to recognize talent. Different producers could have different views. Akimoto can be particularly stubborn about it though. Also, he seems to pick girls of average or poor ability more often compared to say Tsunku. Maeda, Ikoma, Sakura, Paruru and his Last Idol picks. So, he seems to have a type. I think avoiding overwhelming talent is part of his strategy to attract mass appeal.

Of course I wouldn't be following idols if I didn't believe you can have excellent performance without much technical ability. I just do not like how his agenda affects the balance of a group.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    ^ he tries to pick overwelming aura and stage presence. of course idols special in this area are pretty rare. not necessarily saying there haven't been more, but only two with a decent gap between them were mentioned above

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 3