[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

well if you think about it, for a group that debuted 13 years ago, AKB are doing good. They're still being invited to big events, still selling (yeah, with hundred members doing handshakes but... the numbers are still there at least LOL) they're doing fine considering they've been past their peak since long long ago. Of course there's a lot that can be improved especially from management, but Nogi doing better than AKB doesn't mean AKB is over. even without Nogi, another group would have surpassed AKB eventually. or maybe no idol group would have surpassed them, and idols would be out of trend by now. if anything the fact than an idol group could rise (Nogi, or also Keyaki) might help to keep idols relevant and help AKB too. because AKB would be declining either way, you don't spend 10 years at the top in popularity and it's perfectly fine, they're still doing good and that's after all the original Kami 7 is gone.

As for the documentary trailer, this might be because I didn't watch AKB's documentaries in recent years, but I didn't feel like it's tiring or repetitive. but yeah that's probably because I didn't watch a documentary in years. I can see why people would feel like this is repetitive but I don't think they can do better to get people's attention though. I also agree they should focus a bit more on new girls than older ones, but then again if they did that, would we even be discussing about it here? I mean, the new gens got full seasons on Nemousu (with a training camp that feels like a documentary-type of show), and yet I can barely find discussions about it on this forum or anywhere.

The fact is that most people only discuss about something if it involves the big current names (or even past ones). the best thing management can do is to include all big names in the documentary and also show them in the preview to get attention, but also focus a little on some new girls as well. I can see in the preview that Moeka has good screentime. but people will be watching this documentary for all the drama, Jurina and the Nogi talks, popular members etc. so they're necessary. the good thing is all those people will learn about Moeka (and maybe other new girls if they appear a lot) while watching. I think that's the whole point. it's the same as how AKB strongly relies on relevant names (like Sasshi, Yukirin etc.) to still be invited on shows, but then the center is another member or new girls get to stand with popular girls and they start to get attention thanks to that. it's all about exposure and the new girls wouldn't get any if they're by themselves. so yeah I think that's the point.

Btw happy 13th anniversary to AKB!

:ome::ome::ome:

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  3. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Everyone made it, of course lol.

Search #WelcomeAKB48ToThailand on Twitter.

4. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I was thinking more about performing than making it to the airport. From Yuihan.

"Thank you. Thai enthusiasm is amazing and fun, I got one of the three braids on the way ,, Heart type virus was also sung. I will handshake meeting after this! !"

Dt97_bgVAAAzQ30.jpeg

https://twitter.com/Yui_yoko1208/status/1071711587549929472

if the video does not show watch the video here

Edit: Whole Show

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

There will be an announcement from 48G on their YT live and AKB48 China weibo acc, today 16:30JST
    https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1072357628574089217

It might be about AKB48Group Asia Festival 2019 in Bangkok which all 48G will participate (including international groups) which will be on Jan 27th, 2019 -> https://www.eventpop.me/e/4723-akb48-group-asia-fes-2019-in-bangkok-presented-by-shanda-games
    Or it might be about something else.
    As for 48G festival, it will have AKB, SGO, MNL, BNK, JKT, Team TP, and Team SH. No MUM! not sure about Japan SG, but they probably fall within the AKB umbrella.

Yup, the announcement is about 48G Asia Festival.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2018
  6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Never knew there was somebody in AKS that spoke fluent english.

7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Live when posted. Seven groups, so no Mum.

8. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    This has been so exciting! I wasn't expecting this, lol. Also, Music with cut hair! Wowza! :banana:

Also, I was shocked that the stream was in English!:eek:

9. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    there will be a game related to the festival, a game including all members from all groups? wow

10. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

More info here https://www.akb48asiafes.com/
    There will be around 10 member from each group. Japanese side is represented by AKB only (no JP SG). Currently 10 member from AKB and 16 from BNK.

From Japan: Yokoyama Yui, Takahashi Juri, Okada Nana, Mukaichi Mion, Oguri Yui, Shitao Miu, Okabe Rin, Kuranoo Narumi, Kubo Satone, Taniguchi Megu.

The ticket is first come first serve. Estimated crowds is 20k to 30k.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  11. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    And ticket are now selling. Lol

Why is so sudden in everything.
    Also line up members for AKB48 & BNK48 are up in website.

AKB48 (10)
    Yokoyama Yui, Takahashi Juri, Okada Nana, Mukaichi Mion, Oguri Yui, Shitao Miu, Okabe Rin, Kurano Narumi, Kubo Satone, Taneguchi Megu

BNK48 (16)
    Pun, Cherprang, Wee, Music, Noey, Orn, Jennis, Kaew, Tarwaan, Namneung, Mobile, Kaimook, Pupe Fond, Mewnich, June

• Like Like x 1
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    What kind of strange and shocking project can they prepare this time ?

13. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Woah nice to see Queen Miu among those management's faves

14. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Not to be negative about this, but this seems totally random and out of nowhere. Why Thailand? Shouldn't it be Japan given that's the head office? Or if it was for overseas, shouldn't it be Indonesia since that's the first overseas location? Or China, since the sponsor Shanda Games is from Shanghai?

Or maybe the location is fine but just really bad timing, since BNK's first general election is just the day before (featuring not one but two different events, concert and result announcement, costing up to USD122 EACH). Plus the fact that most BNK otas will have spent all their extra cash on voting for their oshis.

Honestly, Thai otas will be too broke to attend this event. Even if they weren't counting on Thai otas, are they really expecting foreign otas to pay for a plane ticket to Thailand (on top of the ticket price) to see a bunch of girls they don't know (some of whom just debuted like 5 minutes ago) sing in a language they don't understand?

Even if they insist on it being in Thailand, they should at least wait a few months to give the otas (to save money) and the girls (so they don't have to prepare for 2 different massive concerts one right after another) some room to breath.

I'm saying this because I want all the girls to have a good experience for their first international sister concert and not performing to a half-empty arena.

Edit: Also apologies if I’m talking too much about BNK/Thailand on the AKB thread, but given that the event will be hosted there, I feel it’s relevant.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Hmmmm mixed feelings indeed .

It just give people like me a reason to go Sol Cowboy or NaNa Plaza bro.

LoL was expecting sum1 to dislike .... after watching a concert or event in BKK and expect me to go back to hotel zzz ? NO WAY MAN ... I'll go drinking with my friends and enjoy my BKK trip .... haiz kids ... forever naive

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  16. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    OMG, eitos with Kaimook :omg: I want to watch...

17. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Sounds like you are new lol.

I don't think they aim at Thai fans that much. Already saw a bunch people who bought concert ticket AND airplane ticket from Japan/etc. If their fave appear, a lot of people are wiling to pay. Plus there are a bunch of Thai fans that aren't into BNK and will attend because of AKB48/other sisters group.

Two massive concerts is normal. There are bunch of multi-day concerts. Heck, Request Hour Best 1035 has 5 consecutive days of concerts. Sound normal to me.

18. ehs01

ehs01 Kenkyuusei

Such group of people do exist. I happen to fall in this category although just a casual fan. In fact I will be in Thailand that weekend originally for the BNK events.
    But yes timing is awkward as I have made prior travel arrangements for the BNK concert; ended up extending my stay.

19. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Yes, I’m new. Nice to meet you.

I’m assuming they ARE counting on the majority of the audience being local (this tends to be the case for most foreign concerts in Thailand), otherwise why host it there? Regarding Thai fans who are exclusively AKB fans (they exist but aren’t numerous), most will have spent a lot on the concert at MAYA Music Festival this past weekend (concert & multiple handshake tickets). Moreover, the team that will be coming is almost identical to the group that just came. I’ve been browsing Thai forums (Pantip, the Thai reddit) and most people are saying they’ll give it as pass because they’re broke (MAYA, BNK Concert + Senbatsu, BNK voting). Seriously, people are spending thousands of dollars on BNK Senbatsu votes.

2 concerts in a row seems normal but they’re usually the same concert (e.g. similar set list, choreography, etc.) but these two events are probably going to be different. Of course it’s feasible, but it’s going to be exhausting for the girls.

I’m glad that you saw people booking tickets & flight. I genuinely hope there’ll be lots of people like that.

Like I mentioned before, I’m glad to hear people like you exist. I hope there’s many more out there because they’ll really have to rely on international fans from the 48 Family to fill out this event given that the BNK election is VERY fiercely contested right now. Every fandom is pulling out all the stops and all their savings.

In any case, like I mentioned, I genuinely hope the event is a success. It’s historical and I’m happy (but perplexed) they’re hosting it in Thailand. I hope I’ll get to meet other international 48G fans there and we’ll have a blast.

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I would say it’s in Thailand because BNK has been the first international SG to get actually big from the get-go.

Didn’t they region-block their KFC because it was getting more popular than the original or something?
    Plus, they got two of their girls in the SSK.

I think this is more of a “testing the waters” project to see how much influence the 48G has overseas.
    We already know the SSK means a lot of money moving so fans can attend the event, so maybe this is the first step into more SEA events kf they see it’s successful.

They are sending some of their top guns in the end, so it doesn’t look like a minor thing.