Single Keyakizaka46 8th [Kuroi Hitsuji] (2019/02/27)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Yuipuri

Yuipuri Kenkyuusei

Will they release it on Youtube?

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

They haven't yet, but I'm sure they will -- in Japan but not soon overseas.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  3. Yuipuri

Yuipuri Kenkyuusei

Hopefully. Just wondering the views if they released the MV on Youtube first. But it nice overseas fans can enjoy it right away through web.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Good MV!:1st: It flows perfectly. I didn't even have a time to look for my Oshimen. The song and MV blend really well. But, I think it will be even more perfect, if they took it with one cut style.

Maybe it is just me, but I found Tecchi's act at the last part of the song/MV was hilarious. :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hamasaki90

Hamasaki90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    The MV is soo good, arguably the best MV they ever produce so far. The acting was so on point and emotionally draining

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Subbed version. It's DailyMotion, so it may take too many seconds to start up, and then again to get into focus. Hope it's useful.

The lyrics do not refer directly to the MV, which tells another story with similar emotions.

7. Gekikara chan

Gekikara chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Just watched the MV and it is so good and beautiful. Acting was just on point. This Defo is my favourite MV of all time. I teared up here and there [hehe]
    Only little complain I have is that it didnt really feel like Keyakizaka46's song in a sense. It just felt like Techi's song since she was basically in the screen for the entire MV while members would come and go. Which is understandable in some ways but I just wish other members got more screentime. The most they got was like 2 seconds :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Heelo

Heelo Kenkyuusei

I think the whole song is pretty much about her. Maybe they should've just made it a Techi song. Loved the MV, though I only saw my oshimen for like half a second.

9. fuyuka

fuyuka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I think they give more screen time for members in front like : Koike, Niji, Satoshi ... I can see them more than another mem

10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    :cold::cold::cold:
    SO GOOD!!!

This hit where you won't expect, but I love the moments, shorts has they may be, in which they hug.
    I'm looking forward to the blogs posts in which the members will explain the MV to us; but I understand why they said they cried watching it.
    Truly powerful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. jheadz

jheadz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    MV reminds me of This is America, its a good MV but the song is kinda weak for me tbh

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The red flower Techi carries is a red higanbana (彼岸花 "far-shore flower" lycoris radiata). In the language of flowers (hanakotoba 花語) it refers to passionate enthusiasm, independence, meeting someone again, giving up something, reincarnation, and painful memories. (ja.wikipedia) Red higanbana line the road to hell, white ones the road to heaven.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

There is a legend that the higanbana was a kindly demon who was thrown into (or threw herself into) hell, but was brought back by other demons. But she continued to hang around the road to hell and was eventually allowed to stay there, where she comforts and guides souls on that path. (source - Chinese).

I can see all of that in the MV, whether the makers intended it or not. There's Techi at the gate to the underworld as someone has just committed suicide outside. Within the gate we see people suffering and maltreated, maybe rehashing their bad memories on their way to the other world: Nijika (and others) berated by adults. Pon bulllied by schoolmates. Koike (Naako?) in a bath having slit her wrist. A happy child who dies. A parent passing away. And so on. Painful memories.

Techi tries her best to comfort them and is at first rejected, then eventually accepted...and sometimes rejected again. Love and hate go back and forth and are intertwined. I think it was Habu who said they got into the lyrics and felt what it was like to be the black sheep. I'm hopeful they can exorcise their disagreements and find peace with each other. Techi knows she is at fault, but feels as if it would be a self-betrayal not to follow her instincts (easy to confuse fiction and reality, but I think that's true). In the end, she declares she will remain a black sheep and stay where she is. I hope this is more than just Aki-P's wishful thinking. In fact, I am feeling pretty optimistic about the group's future now, for some reason.

Good acting by all, with no-one dropping out of character, as I've seen them do in previous MVs. Nijika excellent. Pon excellent. Satoshi. Ozeki and Oda and Muu. Neru reading a rejection slip from a publisher? Lots of good performances, sometimes just a glance, but on-point all round.

Definitely following the same pattern as always: half or more Techi and the rest of the time divided into little bits for each of the others. But whatever the downside of this, the MV is outstanding. And Techi is oustanding. I, too, was wondering if this might not be the best MV they've ever done. It takes time to get into, but there is so much there that I think it will bear up under the long month before it goes on sale. Lots to pick over and understand.

I like the song, too, and admire the sound and the rhythms that the group's voices produce.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 7
  13. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    beautiful mv
    not ashamed to say i teared up a few times. their acting and facial expressions was on point and heart-wrenching especially the front members: nijika, shiichan, koike, pon. and of course techi.

the way they manhandled techi like a rag-doll was a bit scary though..especially that guy near the end

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    Good MV to a good song. Single is really solid so far, hoping B-sides are just as good!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Amazing.
    Everytime Techi hugs members :cold:

16. ZGhostRiderZ

ZGhostRiderZ Kenkyuusei

Techi, what a legend. Her emotion throughout the MV was so good. I hope in the choreography for live performance, they don't throw Techi (or the center if Techi absent) around too much like in the mv because it looked kinda exhausted and very easy to get injured tbh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Even though I like the song, to be honest I was sceptical about the PV. Today I watch the PV and ... yeah, I cry. Techi is my oshi and I think everyone else have already said what I feel. BUT what makes me cry is actually EVERYTHING in this video. Maybe there are still people who complain about their oshi not getting much screentime. However, those small things in the background are actually very important pieces which make this PV very heart crushing.

Strangely enough, I feel so sad when I watch Nijika's part. It feels relatable.

18. kazu55

kazu55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wakatsukiyumi
    Twitter:
    MacRedmoon
    Is there any thoughts about why it's self-released instead of youtube?

19. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Writing in this forum again because I can't stop crying ....

Otona wa Shinjite Kurenai, Eccentric, and Hiraishin are more relatable to me when it comes to the lyrics but the PV for Kuroi Hitsuji is just ....

• Like Like x 3
  20. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    Wow this is a beautiful MV the feels, I just really wanna hug tecchi now :cry: I didn't like the song at first but this mv changed my mind, I love it now

• Agree Agree x 2