IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

My prayer didn't work. The blue costume was back. IZ*One special on Buzz Rhythm.
    performance

if the video does not show watch the video here
    interview (with huge Korean hard sub)
    https://vk.com/video531835061_456239017

Wonyoung made a funny mistake during the interview part.
    https://twitter.com/ljigzofly22/status/1096446104332161024

Yeah. Last Idol thread here is not very active. Also, I assume Last Idol relating groups are meant to be separated (thus given the name Last Idol Family). The absence of 48 in Aijeu's name possibly is meant to make it easier to promote in Korea. The Korean won't be happy to consume a product of Japanese franchise.

Yeah. Akimoto's interest and AKS' interest can conflict. Creating more and more idols for 101 agencies means more money to Akimoto but a loss to AKS as those groups will share some money from AKS's groups.

In that case, it might be better collab with Tsunku. Last Idol show was extremely bland that I couldn't finish. (How was the rating?) The short time constraint (~30 minute each episode) was a factor but the format itself was so lame, it didn't show the personality of the contestant.

I din't know Akimoto passed over =Love to Sashihara yet, watching season 2 (?) of Last Idol, I could tell Akimoto groomed Sashihara to be his idol producing successor. She has not impressed me as producer. Groups she produced (=Love and Someday Somewhere) are generic J-pop, nothing to stand out from 101 other groups in the market. Yet, that's why I want to see her direct IZ*One. Not just because I believe she can better understand the taste of majority of customers, girls, but because IZ*One, which is different from her own very style, will be a fun challenge and, she will learn and grow a lot as producer working on this group.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

sasshi handling izone?, disaster idea ... be better and grow big in handling 'local' first b4 thinking to handle 'international' level[hehe]

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Don't knock on Sasshi as a producer. She's doing a fantastic job with =LOVE. I don't follow them since their first few releases, but every time I check on their numbers they continue to grow.

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

You suddenly think she's able to handle a bigger project? how big is his name as a producer in japan and the profits she's has created in his project, u think sasshi is good enough to stands as aks top producer now and willingly risking aks name and reputation in international projects worth millions of dollars, i love sasshi too, but to assume that she could handle the jobs as good as aki p did, well, that's going too far, and i don't think aki p is the only producer in aks, there should be others veteran/skillful producer that working together with her , if u make a list of it, put aki p at no 1 as the the producer but the next name on the list won't be sasshi name right away, u bet, that is y i prefer she's doing 'local' first, for example, taking over hkt production management, make a good song for them etc. solidify her name and reputation slowly, that's sounds more reasonable

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. wizone

wizone Kenkyuusei

La Vie en Rose MV reached 1,000,000 likes :1st: Also stream

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. welp

welp Next Girls

Aijeu on Music Station
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qMgu3QdyIsqE2C8zOlnAXnQVa0IwJv4s/view

Indeed, Aijeu is even much easier than =Love.
    - The group has established a large fanbase. She'll start off from a high ground, not the bottom.
    - She has Pledis/Stone and AKS take various tasks for her and back her up. Members has been groomed and trained. She can focus solely on creative side.
    - Because the fanbase is already large, as long as her work isn't so bad, it will sell. And, from what I've seen, her productions, albeit generic, are not bad. Neither was Mospick, who produced La Vie en Rose, was a top producer of Korea nor Cube.
    - How can you not know Akimoto has never composed a single song? He only writes the lyric not the melody. He is the producer in the sense that he produces the group, recruiting members, giving the group the concept, choosing the song etc. And, in the case of Aijeu, the member line-up has been finalized and the concept should not be much different from its Korean one. She will just work within the frame someone else set.
    - International? What? AKS and Akimoto only work on Aijeu's Japanese activities. The group's activities in the rest of the world will be handled by Stone. The group will do fine internationally as long as its Korean releases are fine.

• Creative Creative x 2
  7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

cuz it's venture project between two country, not, between 2 company in the same country, that is why is called global, an international project, izone is more easy? bcuz they already popular and had strong fanbase? so anyone can clap even it's a crap production?, are you delusioning? i think, none of the job are easy job, i clap for sasshi for ur high evaluation on her, if u own a company like cj or aks, try send a newbie to handle ur big project investment and money, lel, as far as i can see, u only focus to boost sasshi reputation with your theory about her handling izone, but tq for ur idea anyway

9. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

dunno why this sudden discussion of Sasshi, it's not like there are plans or even rumors of her becoming IZONE's producer, so I find it kinda pointless... ^^;;
    but since there seem to be no other news/discussions going on, might as well talk about this "what if".

I personally have no idea if she'll be good in a role of IZONE producer or not, but I feel that she might do worse than she does with Japanese groups. and the reason is not her inexperience or inability to write something Korean-like. I think, she's just isn't into K-pop, so she might not input as much heart into it as she does with J-pop (or might decline the offer altogether). originally, she was an idol fan, so the love for J-idols is in her blood. she produces "generic J-pop" not because she can't otherwise, but because she likes it that way. Japanese orthodox idol is her ideal type of idol (one of the working titles of =LOVE was "My Ideal", by the way [hehe])

for example, "Want You! Want You!" could be as close to K-pop as possible while still remaining J-pop

one of the most liked comments under this MV:
    Sasshi also has darker/cooler songs like Teokure Caution or Kioku no Dokoka de in her discography, that might be more to Korean fan liking, but her most liked songs by Japanese wotas are still orthodox tracks like =LOVE, Bokura no Seifuku Chirstmas and Bukatsu Chuu ni Me ga Au Natte Omottetanda, which probably indicates where her heart really is))

============

anyway, back to IZONE...
    I've wanted to ask for a long time those who understand Korean - how good is Korean of Japanese members? who has a better pronunciation/grammar/vocabulary?
    let's say on the scale from 1 to 10 (native).
    seeing how they struggle to speak, I just can't rid of a feeling that their reactions on variety shows are mostly acting ^^;
    or do they really understand a lot of what's being said and just can't speak freely yet?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  11. welp

welp Next Girls

And? They may say whatever yet, Aijeu is mainly a K-pop group. WJSN from Starship is a collaboration with Yuehua China and its 3 members are from Yuehua China. So, it's a global group too? How about BTS? is it not global? It's formed and managed solely by Big Hit from Korea.

Yes. Don't you know this common fact?

So, you think what Sashihara has done as producer are craps? Do you know that Akimoto trusted her enough to make her compete in Last Idol next to himself, Komuro Tetsuya and Tsunku? If she sucks, so as Akimoto who has similar taste and has groomed her to be his successor.

Yet, these are Akimoto's takes on "K-pop" style.

They are comments saying "To Akimoto, EDM = K-pop". I find both (Akimoto and Sashihara) equally inept in K-pop.

Its Japanese releases is meant for the Japanese, not the Korean who has had Korean releases for them. And, what are Akimoto's most popular songs? How close to Korean tastes are they?

In my opinion, to be a successful producer, versatility is needed so, Sashihara has to do something not quite her taste to grow as producer.

I don't speak Korean but from comments of members
    - Nako is best at pronunciation and listening
    - Hitomi is best at remembering vocabs, possibly also best at grammar
    - Sakura is best at guessing the meaning of unknown words.
    They usually can get the gist.
    I can't give them scale but, certainly, no one is above 7 in something. Even other foreign idols living in Korea for more than 2 years can be easily noticed by the Korean that they aren't native when they speak or write. I saw a Korean youtuber gave Lisa, who had lived in Korea for over 5 years, 9 out of 10 in speaking. I watched a variety show putting foreign idols living in Korea for 3-5 years on Korean language paper test and none did well, their levels were far beneath those of average middle schoolers.
    Anyway, they definitely are much better in Korean than Eunbi and Chaewon in Japanese. :lol: Is language babo/baka a requirement to be Woollim's trainees?

I read that ItheBigC had successfully stirred MinChaeKura love triangle. He told Minju that Sakura told him Minju was cutest and Chaeyeon, who was right next to Minju, said she didn't like what she just heard. He also relayed to Sakura that Chaeyeon was jealous when she heard that Sakura had said Minju was the cutest. Meanwhile, Sakura told another fan she wanted to date Chaewon.
    The fan demography pretty much resembled that of showcon, ~70% female, mostly in teenage to 20's.
    Here is a vlog from the event.

There are many reports on the timeline of this account.
    https://twitter.com/dreamin8bit
    Not hi-touch report but a report from fansign said Sakura guessed the group would have Korean comeback in April.

So, Hinata has not had a separated site and still is sharing with Keyaki? The agency is quite lazy. That girl is the captain of Hinata who made long Korean speech at MAMA. I've seen 2 other Hinata girls showing their loves to Chaewon. The (non-Japanese-speaking) queen of Hinata. Is it common that the official site posts about the member fangirling idols of other groups? Hiragana was invited to MAMA receiving a rookie award and not long later it announced independence from Kanji and became Hinata. Now, we got the official site indirectly promoting Aijeu. It's gonna be nice (to both the business and the member) if Aijeu collab with Hinata.

Meanwhile, Sugai said she liked Yujin.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. tompel

tompel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    IZ*ONE now managed by OFF THE RECORD ENTERTAINMENT, you can check this website footer
    https://www.izone-official.com/
    https://kpop.fandom.com/wiki/Off_The_Record_Entertainment

Nako 8 - 9, she is genius Korean indeed
    Sakura 6 - 7, this number can change after watching Olive TVN Everyone Kitchen 24 February https://twitter.com/IZONE12News/status/1095159496719007744
    Hitomi 7

you can check fan twitter, some of them has translated to english
    lastest tweet
    https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=izone&src=typd

top tweet
    https://twitter.com/search?vertical=default&q=izone&src=typd

for example
    https://twitter.com/sanatanslator/status/1097262707072425984
    https://twitter.com/pd48xizone/status/1096986864135725057

13. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I don't think he/she talk about global group. In Aki-P/AKS perspective, they cooperate with international company (CJ E&M from Korea) hence international project.

SDN48 is Aki-P take on KPop.:fear::fear::fear:

Anyway, yes for AKB48 Teacher Teacher is KPop influence and the company that produce that song quite good. The song they produce for PD48 and Izone have good review among KPop fan.

For AKB48 No Way Man, in term of dance I don't think so. If it is considered as KPop dance, Yoshimotozaka46 Unit Red dance considered as KPop influence since they used the same choreographer and that choreographer said she want to make the dance harder since some of Yoshimotozaka46 Unit Red members are professional dancer.

14. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

ever since 'produce 48' project start until izone working under aks now, the kpop boom keep arise among 48/46G, 48/46G fans suddenly talk their theory that 'need to related' with kpop, either with songs/ management/ labels/ outfit/ style... making up a story, desperation or imagination? what's wrong with them? @Iz*One48 don't encourage the guy to reply something based on personal theory conversation, pointless, let him find the difference between cosmic girl and izone, relation between yuehwa+starship cj+aks, he'll found the answer soon, but, leave bts alone somewhere else, i dun wanna see ARMY join the convers, haha, still waiting for more news of izone HT

the writer of this blog is crap sometimes, but indeed there is the news about this
    https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...rl-group-everglow-with-produce-48-contestants
    more izone members are now news related to another new group, first, yuri, then, chaeyeon, now yena, and i think wonyoung and yujin might join together with yena if this is true, that's probably the first gg plan madeup by fully from 'produce48' trainee:^^;:

New enozi cam https://m.vlive.tv/video/113583?channelCode=C1B7AF

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. welp

welp Next Girls

Non-performance part cut from Japanese debut show-con with Eng sub

Flashback- Baby Chaeyeon and her sis (Chaeryeong) on K-pop Star 3. Chaeyeon was 14 (Korean age) at the time.

Do you remember the news on the student exploitation of the principal of SOPA? Students made a song and mv on it.

A female student said she and other female students were forced to perform sexy songs in revealing outfits in an army camp, they were asked to walk down the stage and were touched by soldiers. Students also complained that the principal misused the school's budget.

More difficult choreo does not equate to K-pop style or the whole LDH are K-pop copycats and A Pink is J-pop.

Anyway, Ruu-sensei also choreographed for "Gokigen Sayonara"

(Mod edit: Welp, you wondered what was speaking of when we talked about not framing responses with condescending insults. This would be an example) K-pop idols must be humble and grateful. They can't say "I'm doing better than anyone in Japan 'coz I'm better, I'm different.". They must always thankful to seniors founding the Hallyu wave in Japan, BoA, TVXQ, Kara etc. Fans saying otherwise will be worrying to the idol. Besides, the recent recurrence of K-pop boom definitely has been ignited by Twice and its viral TT. Many 48 girls must have been K-pop fans before the announcement of Produce 48 project. Nako had been a Once and Sakura a Luvie. Juri had been a Blink and so on.

:awesome: Actually, I've seen a desperate soul trying to deny "IZ*One is a K-pop group even in Japan". She said IZ*One would stick to a specific costume for the whole promotion because that was 48's custom and, the group just introduced a new one on Music Station.

Yuehua and Starship may never co-launch a group again. There is a problem with WJSN because of Yuehua and, the teaser for Yuehua's new girl group is released on Stone channel, not 1theK (Kakao M), the company Starship is an subsidiary of.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019
  16. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

A Pink is not JPop. GFriend is. Do you have seen the costume of GFriend pillow? :fear::fear::fear:

Well one of the LDH group, Ballistik Boyz is falsely accused of copying BTS. SOOMPI dubbed E-Girls as "Japanese version of SNSD". Anyway, the dance style of AKB48 No Way Man is quite similar with Yoshimotozaka46 Unit Red. If the dance of No Way Man is KPop inspired, the dance of Yoshimotozaka46 also should be considered as KPop inspired too. And Between AKB48 No Way Man, Yoshimotozaka46 Unit Red and LDH Group, LDH Group is the most closer to KPop style among them all.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 2
  17. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

that's soul is you lol, don't twist my words on the post, since when did we belittle 48/46G? we only didn't agree with ur delusion topic about sasshi could be a better izone producer, "kpop boom" that i write there mean, news deliberately designed to link 48G with kpop, ever since pd48 and izone created, either from song,composer,agency etc news that suddenly arise, ever since pd48 project and izone started
    did we ask since when 48G being kpop fans?, what is wrong with ur answer? can u understand what's ppl written or not? u need to take care of your own mentality bro, not others

"izone is kpop and jpop"← and here is my answer to ppl like u, "IZONE IS THE FIRST JPOP GG TO WIN A TROPHY WITH SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME AT THEIR FIRST DEBUT ON M COUNTDOWN" ← epic right, but i wonder why there is no article written like that, ppl like u said they are jpop didn't they?:fp:

New vlive https://m.vlive.tv/video/113843?channelCode=C1B7AF

ELLEgirl EMOJI CHALLENG

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    IZ*ONE’s COLORIZE album is now the highest selling album that was released in 2018 by a girl group. It just surpassed BLACKPINK’s and TWICE’s

https://twitter.com/izone_stats/status/1097947756340133893

Best-selling 2018 releases by girl groups on Hanteo Chart:

1. COLOR*IZ | 147,882 copies
    2. SQUARE UP | 147,754 copies
    3. YES or YES | 146,389 copies

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

IZ*ONE will attend 'Immortal Song: Singing The Legend' Special Concert in Japan on April 4th at 13:30 JST, Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall 1, KBS Immortal Song Special 400th Anniversary concert on April 4th 2019
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  20. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    do you know how much time they will stay in Japan? I didn't expect them stil staying even in april.