[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I think they were talking about the Mste performances... I more surprised on Asuka not front on the opening with ImaHana. Miona? Hmm. Interesting. I think we over think these things... LOL!

Anyhow, regarding ANN. I am always of the opinion that if you make Hoshino explain anything, it is the cutest thing. Hoshino is the cutest thing.

2. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

Not sure why someone taking the exact same position out on the wing in 1st row for one day's performance signify how much management loves them but then again the arguments people make in this forum are getting increasingly harder to follow
    It's almost like you just look at the lineups and don't even watch the performance to see how the members move around and interact with each other based on their positioning

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

Hello, I just heard Nogizaka46 for the first time about a month ago and they became my favorite Japanese group. I love many of their songs and it was the lovely harmonies that first impressed me, but the last couple of days the song and video Sayonara no Imi has really hit me hard in the heart each time I watch and listen to this classic. So beautiful and emotionally resonant with heavenly harmonies, lovely piano melody, graceful dancing and fabulous acting that mirrors the joy and sorrow of life. The end of the song is even more bittersweet now that Nanase, Nanamin, Mai, Erika, Rina and Yumi have all graduated. This song and video fits so well as a classic companion piece with Teki taishō ima hanashitai dareka ga iru. It has the same sense of the joy of discovery in embracing someone different combined with the deep sense of sorrow at their departure at the end with Mai playing a role more like Nanase in this video and Nanase as a deaf woman playing a role more like Nanamin.

I like all the members a lot and that the ones I am mentioning have graduated, but they are still new to me. Ny favorite member is Nanase but it took some time for her to really shine but when she did it was like an explosion from her dramatic and realistic acting, dancing and singing and her beauty all is so natural and down to earth but with a sense of nobility, sensitivity and caring. I thought it was amazing but my favorite Japanese singer overall Kana Nishino has the same last name as Nanase. Mai is my second favorite. Likewise, it took some time for me to warm up to her but she has such a beaming optimism and smile that lightens up a dark time and I love her singing voice and acting is really good. I also really like the other members I mentioned Nanamin for her dramatic acting and beautiful singing, Saito for her beautiful dancing and drumming. and Erika for her piano playing and acting and Yumi is really good at story telling and comic acting.

I was wondering if anyone knew what Nanase is doing now. I see a lot of videos with Mai but can't find many of Nanase.

• Like Like x 11
  4. hibari

hibari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ashuminamiona, momoko, kakki
    you can try follow nanase thread. i guess they always keep update on what nana doing

5. Blitz Comet

Blitz Comet Kenkyuusei

Congrats on finding Nogizaka. I found them almost 3 years ago and love them more than when I first found out about them. but last time I checked Ikuta Erika was still in the group with no graduation announcement yet.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    lmao what the relation between yoda being in front with member interaction? and if you still cant see how management loves yoda, yeah, you are blind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Considering Asuka's original position on ImaHana so imo it's not a big deal. While Yoda (and Momo) doesn't have position on that song. Hori has taken MaiMai position since long ago and i think Ikuchan taking Misa's position and they left Nanase's position empty. Asuka will take it if they go with WCenter but unfortunately it's Maiyan solo center. While for the other 2 songs, isn't that Yoda's original position?

As far as i know she's still a regular on Lion no Gutouch (propably wrong name of the show) and still doing her jobs as exclusive model for Non-no magazine. You can check on her threads to see the other information about her.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

Thanks, I didn't know she hadn't graduated yet. I have a hard time recognizing everyone and I didn't notice Ikuta Erika as much in the more recent videos. Plus, I spent time just listening to their songs, so I need to learn their names and voices better. In the video for the song, Nandome no aozora ka Butterfly, isn't Erika Ikuta in front and doesn't she sing the beautiful opening part and give the new boy in school Nanasee's school uniform with a kind expression because Nanase is playing a joke on him by wearing his uniform after he has so much difficulty fitting in as a new kid? This is one of my favorite songs and videos by Nogizaka46. I get chills listening to the beautifully symphonic mix of vocals and the nostalgic sense of looking back on the bittersweet tension, sadness and humor and happiness of youth like the part where Nanase jumps in the air and karate kicks the boy wearing her uniform to the ground and they all make amends with the smiling photos at the end. What a lucky young man to have so many beautiful and talented young women in class. The lyrics are powerful translated into English. I am sure they are even more emotionally compelling in Japanese.

if the video does not show watch the video here

But the earliest song I loved by Nogizaka46 was Sekkachina Katatsumuria: a sophisticated, fun and wonderfully mid-tempo song again with lovely harmonies and an old retro feel from their third single Bicycle which I also like a lot. It's adorable how they sing the word, Bicycle, and has anyone noticed how much the guitar riff in one part of the song resembles the one for the Beatles song Day Tripper?

Such a great stylish video for Sekkachina Katatsumuria too wifth a balcony view like a vintage mystery movie.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

What? Dancing is a group activity executed by memorizing individual routines, the way members are positioned affects what interactions they have with each other within the choreo as they move around to perform each song

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

I admit I don't know a lot of members or history of Nogizaka, but I love the song Sing Out! It's my favorite song with Saito Asuka center. The choreography and emotional impact of the song is powerful and gracefully ebbs and flows like a tide with the lovely fluidity of seaweed drifting in the surf especially in the chorus. It is that undercurrent of implied darkness lurking beneath the surface that makes the song more compelling to me because it seems the happiness may be a dream or as one person commented like the uplifting reprieve in a musical with the audience feeling a foreboding that something tragic may happen afterwards. Saito Azuka raising her arms in the center of the group and looking upward as they dance around her adds a touch of longing and desperation punctuated by the plaintive guitar licks as she is left alone to do her expressive dance solo. What suggests a joyous performance also turns into a kind of high school pep rally on the wooden bleachers in a school gym at the end with the clapping and stomping to cheer up those watching and listening to the video who may be sad and lonely.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Valanthronus

Valanthronus Kenkyuusei

Tbh... at first, I really don't know all the members and the history too. It took some time to finally recognize all the members and looked back on the history. 'cause the first time I found Nogizaka46 was back in 2018.

For "Sing Out", I admit that I didn't like it at first. But after looking for a translation, listening to the song again and again, I finally like it. The choreography is almost similar to "Synchronicity", but with different approaches, which is why the vibe of the song looks graceful and powerful. Seishiro did a really good job for creating this song's choreography.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Same, i cringed cause the english lyrics first when i heard it for the first time but now Sing Out is one of my fav.

13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I love Sing Out! from the first listen, the PV and the dance is beautiful. Although the english lyric is cringeworthy and I don't agree with certain part of the Japanese lyrics as well, but once I got past through the lyrics, it's simply a kami song for me.

14. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Apart from the lyrics which are kind of bad, I just think the songs kind of boring. I don't hate it though. I do really like choreography and the visual look of the MV.

Hadashi de Summer is one of my favorite A-sides and also Jikochuu de Ikou. And I actually like Route 246 (speaking of Asuka centers).

15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Sing Out! lyrics has the best meaning (and messages) from all of Nogi song, at least for me.

“life is too complicated, there's no way we can understand each other easily.
    In order to look up at the same sky, we need to sit at the same place and same time.” (well not 100% correct but you get which part i meant). Just beautiful.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Johan13

Johan13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishino nanase
    I don't think sing out's lyrics are that good. For me, sing out is the very first song I've heard from nogi. I like it at the first listen. But as time passes and more and more nogi songs I found out, it lost its charm on me too soon. It's definitely not a bad song, but now it've become a song I rarely listen to.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I started to really follow Nogizaka just before Harujion ga Sakukoro so that's 12 single in total up to Shiawase. I can only pick 3 that I really like as the title track. Sayonara no Imi, Synchronicity & Sing-out. For the other there's always a coupling song that is for me better than the A-side itself. Sing-out is the only song that I listen to again from that single.
    Come on 26th single. Please give us a sign :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Speaking about lyrics, Nogi has many songs with unique lyrics. for example:
    - Boku ga iru basho - it uses the perspective of a dead girlfriend/boyfriend.
    - Korogatta kane wo narase - it sounds like a criticism toward the plastic surgery trend.
    - Scoutman - shows a girl being scouted, and maybe, a little bit touch of the dark side of the entertainment industry,
    - Under - the scream of Under members.
    - Hoka hoshi kara - alien abduction or invasion or maybe even isekai?
    And many more.
    Maybe, other group fans see Nogi doesn't have deep or meaningful and even boring lyrics/songs. But, if they read the meaning of many Nogi songs, they will know that most of them have very impactful meaning for one's life and even the world. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Inochi wa Utsukushii still tops the Nogizaka46 A-side for me. Not only the lyric is good, but also the composition and dance. It's more or less a tie with Synchronicity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Jikochuu, HadaSama, Girls' Rule and SayoImi are my favorite a-sides. And even then, the coupling songs are far better most of the time.