Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Are you perhaps referring to yourself? Cause it seems you're the one who's trying hard with that fanfic of a post

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mati

Mati Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    平手友梨奈
    Thanks. I love it here and I'll continue to be positive about Techi's growth.

I'm actually very happy about today's performance, especially because I know now that Techi has decided that she won't abandon music. This song is a good start to her solo discography which I hope will soon be large enough for a concert. I'm sure she'll try a variety of styles to show her versatility. She's only 19 so there's no rush, really.

What I thought was interesting was the huge gap between last night's jenga and today's performance. It's so crazy that we do not really know what to expect from her on any given day. I think that that's what makes following her very exciting.

• Like Like x 3
  3. sonnet

sonnet Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    Hi, long time lurker here. Decided to finally make an account after Techi's performance.

She absolutely blew me away with her performance and although it didn't help with my nerves I understand why FNS was hyping it up so much!

https://hirateyurina.jp/s/hy/news/list?ima=0000&ct=release
    Also a release column has been added to her news page :cute:

• Like Like x 2
  4. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    The timing... god I hate S&F so much. How ridiculous.

I don't care about the song but it's nice to know that she's still able to perform.

5. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Your timing really is legendary. Welcome to the gang :D
    P.S. Grow up folks, it's not like you are achieving anything by throwing dislikes at me

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Mati

Mati Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    平手友梨奈
    Impeccable timing, I have to say. :1st:Thanks for the welcome.

Anyway, I was going through the YouTube comments and someone wrote what I think was a line in the song:

"If there was someone, I could have been normal. There was nobody, so I had no choice but to dance."

Wouldn't that be her real story as she had not much support around her when she was growing up before entering the industry? I can't wait to see the rest of the lyrics.

7. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I don't mind the timing at all and I don't think it matters to neither party that much. Sakuzaka's Debut Live was the actual spotlight rather than today's Nobofa and they've performed Nobofa several times before too. Would you rather Techi perform Dance no Riyuu yesterday? Everyone knows how much FNS stage directors/producers love Techi while Hirate team has deadlines to follow. The solo rumor has been around since late Jan-Feb too so I'd say just discuss the topics separately.

Mich and Kiryu translated the lyrics just now. I really like the lyrics, it's so her. I think there can be various interpretations of the line you had there. For me, Techi is often misunderstood and she may feel she can't open up fully to anyone. Moreover, Techi said many times before that she's not good at expressing through language so dancing becomes her means of communication.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I just came on board & seeing Techi's name every where so i thought something might have happened. Found out she performed a SOLO song. Whoa!! Frankly speaking, i was like 'eh', 'hm', 'eh', 'wtf', 'eh', 'whoa' 'chill girl' while watching her performance hahaha. Story short, i was surprised at what i was watching. This is Techi, but I felt she is doing it too much. None the less, i was impressed to see her this way. I am used to her voice being edgier but calm. THIS WAS NOT EDGIER, BUT CALM. This was Edgy as hell WTF!!!
    What a day!! Sakuzaka amazing performance & Techi's surprising solo. So good!

Also I see ppl talk abt the timing. Yeah, its uneasy but its not like they are enemies or something lol. FNS probably saw it a chance to have these amazing mates on the same day, or Techi probably wanted it lol. So even though today is literally Saku's day, & her performing a solo out of the blue on the same say kinda feels bad, its once again s&f in the middle of all this. Positively i'm sure she met her former group members backstage

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

Coming back here for the first time in months, only to see that nothing has changed... disappointing but not surprising. Antis haven’t had enough of bashing her in keyaki’s general thread, now they have to come in her own thread only to ruin fans’ enjoyment. YOU are being edgy and try-hard with these shitty posts. Grow up, focus on what you like and stop bitching about what doesn’t suit your taste.

Regarding the performance, techi has managed to surprise us once again; I love everything about it, especially that she’s singing, since I feared that we wouldn’t hear her low singing voice again. Her expressions are on point as well as dancing, even though you can kind of see a difference between her and the professional dancers; I hope that she keeps studying dance to improve even further. And say what?! Techi is a co-producer too now :omfg: I expected that she would venture into songwriting sometime in the future, but this is even better as there aren’t many female producers in the industry. Techi’s future looks limitless and I couldn’t be more excited!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I can now see why S&F wanted to get rid of Keyakizaka46 in name. Techi is just on another level. This is the first time I see Techi perform without Takahiro-sensei's choreography. My first impression was "Techi Jackson" rather than "I'm being edgy!!!". Her dance performance reminded me of another solo artist who passed away for 11 years ago.

But this is Techi that Keyakizaka46 became post 2017 and for idol fans it got repetitive but Hirate fans were mesmerized and happy to see her perform with the members. S&F got a mngmt problem to balance it out so I'm happy for her she went solo because she always wanted to become an artist rather than stay as an idol and graduate as an idol.

People did a comparison with lyrics between Hinata and Techi. Many can't believe Aki-p is the lyricist but they forget about he wrote Garasu, Mou mori, Ambivalent, Kuroi Hitsuji. He can go as dark as he please. And at the same time he can write national anthems (W-Keya, Saku no uta). More versatile than JY Park in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I completely disagree. Today is the release date of the first single and to have Techi "debut" (I don't know if it's an official debut or not) on the same day is a bit tasteless. If the solo rumor has been around since January and February than she and her team had plenty of time to prepare yet somehow they decided to perform it on a very important day for her former group. I don't think this is a coincidence. But anyway it's pointless to discuss this here since I know many Techi fans don't care about Keyaki/Sakura anymore.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Rev4

Rev4 Member

On the bright side, Sakuzaka has to start over with new fans like Nogi did. You don't get anything for free in this world, you have to work hard to earn it.

Many Keyaki fans were Techi fans so it only makes sense to see them separately now. Techi in the artist scene and Sakuzaka in the idol scene. Two different coins. 38k came to watch Sakuzaka's debut countdown live despite pandemic so they are fine no matter timing for Techi's debut in FNS. 38k is enough to fill a whole Seibu Dome in Saitama and I have always wanted them to perform in that venue someday.

Just my two cents.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Accent

Accent Kenkyuusei

I guess that's how it is, we don't see them as artists but rather as "idols"; gods. We dress them up and perch them on altars. We dictate them of who or what they should be. And once our illusion is broken, chaos begins.

The idol industry had been cruel to Techi. They tried to redefine something, they had to suffer the consequences of mismanagement; with some having to endure more than others.

She could enjoy more freedom now to explore her art. And I'm really happy that we got to see her perform again. (Whether we like the song or not, whether we think the timing is bad or not is beside the point.)

I really can't say much as I am new here. But I hope we do not treat her like a dancing ballerina in a music box.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think you're being too hard on Tech's staff (whoever they may be). They found jobs for her left and right, magazines, movies, Paris fashion week, interviews... and I think if a solo music career is planned as well, FSN stage would have been a mandatory step. Better for her debut since she had great performances there already.
    Should they have waited for next year?
    On the other hand, should Sakura have "avoided" this moment?

I believe things happen in the way they happen for a reason, and I only hope the girls, Hinata members and Techi had at least 2 seconds to greet each other and be simply happy to be there. Because everyone of them is doing their job and everyone of them is following their dreams... so I hope they had a moment to sort of celebrate this.

What else?
    I watched the video and, honestly, if it wasn't Techi I don't know if I would have listened the song more than twice... audio is not perfect either so it seems to me there's more women singing.. but I could be wrong. I'm not sure.
    Performance wise.... lol
    do we have to say it?
    Techi is on another level and she's learning more and more. I can't help but wonder where she'll arrive. I can't wait to be there, but the journey is kind of fantastic.

@Rev4 you wrote it's not Takahiro the choreographer, but I had people asking me if the dancers were part of Takahiro's crew because they look like them... do we know if it's them? Or who they are?

Last, I know I'm bad... but you guys have no idea how much I love the fact Techi keep triggering some people even if she's not in the group anymore lol

Oh and last-last thing: I always feel bad when I or some other Techi fan ask for more, because she is giving so much and so fast it feels like a miracle... but if this is just a preview of her future, maybe 2021, musical debut I.. don't know what I'm gonna do! Probably scream in the middle of piazza Duomo in Milan and then be promptly arrested lol
    It would be worth though!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Rev4

Rev4 Member

@Dill Only time will tell when the release comes out. Whether Takahiro will inform us or not on twitter he did the choreography. I can be a bit too rush as Takahiro never inform us after TV shows like FNS, CDTV, etc.

I expected some info though because this was her debut.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Takahiro-sensei is not the choreographer. In fact, none of her work outside Keyaki has been Takahiro's choreo (I might need to check Nonfiction though). This time the choreographer is Amami and the dancers are part of his team I think. This dancer/dancing company connected Techi to Amami. OiP was the one who cast and manage Mioshimeji-chan (the little girl in Ikiteru collab).

Clearer video from Chinese fans: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV16Z4y1G7Um?from=search&seid=16235906943942496001

I'm pretty sure Techi was singing live with (kinda loud) backtrack. She was breathing quite heavily at the end, which makes sense given such a dance-intensive song like this. Even the dancers were breathing quite hard

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

If sakamichi groups can perform on tv the same day, then so can techi. Management most likely intended to use this opportunity to promote them both, and frankly, I see no issue. Are we going to act like techi and her former group mates are enemies? Because now, that would be tasteless.

• Like Like x 4
  18. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Like I said, I don't expect Techi fans to understand why Sakurazaka fans are unhappy about the timing. There were plenty of other dates that her ad her team could have chosen. Anyway, it doesn't even matter anymore.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

You raised some point but lets not forget that she became this good because she became an idol. We wouldn't have known Techi now if she wasn't an idol and wasn't in Keyaki so its true what they say: Once you are up on the hierarchy, never forget where you came from, or where you started.

This topic again makes me realize how much underrated idols are. We have so many talents in Japan, artists and actors who were all once idols. The job may not be the best in the world, but it is a chance for all those out there to be something in the future.

An idol like Rika, failed job interviews, how many times again? But she is an idol now with a job, something she couldn't achieve when she wasn't an idol. Sugai may be rich but she herself always talk abt how prestigious her job is now as an ambassador, which she woildn't have achieved if she wasn't an idol. So many examples and Techi is no exception.

So lets not start looking down on them just bcos of Hirate's abilities. She is still learning, still young in the field no matter how good she is, and will take a lot of work to get to that field we ars talking about.

We do have some Techi fans who are still Sakurazaka46 fans. Unless you mean those affectionately called 'Techi cultists' lol. And also, not all sakurazaka46 fans are unhappy abt it. Maybe. Her performance didn't stop sakurazaka46's name from the trends. We can grieve this today, tomorrow its a new day and Sakura will be having its usual jobs as fresh new grp.

• Like Like x 4
  20. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    There's a vast difference between Sakamichi groups performing on the same day and Sakurazaka performing their debut single on the release day and Techi performing her debut (?) song that no one expected. Sakamichi groups usually perform on the same day when there's a special event (like year end stages), they never do so on other times because Sakamichi group singles are always spaced out so they don't clash. And besides this is a silly comparison bc the history between Techi and Sakurazaka is deeper than that (even deeper than between Sakurazaka and Hinatazaka) considering Keyakizaka had to rebrand essentially bc of Techi's departure. No one is saying the girls are now enemies. I'm just saying this wasn't the smartest idea.

• Agree Agree x 5