[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A couple of days ago, Hono-chan and Marina were on the Miracle 9 quiz show that Neru was on several times, and that Ao-chan (among others) has been on more recently. I've only skimmed the video, but from what I saw and from Japanese comments, they did extremely well. They seemed to answer pretty well, they looked great, and they were very at ease and entertaining:

[​IMG]

Many thanks to @turbogig and especially to @too much idea for the summary of the documentary. I went ahead and read the summary, and it was fascinating, moving, informative. I can hardly imagine how forceful the video itself will be.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I would also like to thank @too much idea for the summary and @turbogig for uploading it here. I was tempted NOT to read itr but my curiocity was stronger. However, now I feel even more eager to watch the documentary.
    So, does anyone have an idea if they will upload it on Keyavids or if I could find it somewhere and watch it?

3. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Will go straight to Keyavids

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    That's the good news of the month... Thank you!

5. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I read a few pages back but I didn't see anything regarding this. Will Sakurazaka46 sing Keyaki songs? It would be such a waste to never see Silent Majority performed again. :(

6. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I hope so, although not anytime soon. I know we can't have concerts due to the current situation, but you can't have a concert once things return to "normal" with just 1 or 3 singles (even counting coupling songs).

7. valerien

valerien Kenkyuusei

Just a throwback Keyakizaka46 post :)

Hello Project members voting Keyakizaka46's Fukyouwaon as the best idol song.

if the video does not show watch the video here

K-Pop group TWICE members talking about Fukyouwaon and performing bits of Fukyouwaon during the height of the Fukyouwaon era.

Fukyouwaon was probably the most respected idol song in the 48/46 world at its height, with different groups (SKE48, HKT48 etc) covering it. I still remember the moment where Hong Kong democratic activist Agnes Chow walked out of court and talked to the gathering journalists as to how Keyakizaka46's Fukyouwaon gave her the strength to fight for Hong Kong's democratic freedom.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Fukyouwaon could have/should have been Japan's Song/Record of the Year, but too strong lyrics and political correctness in the Japanese music industry didn't allow it. (Same with Silent Majority).:mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Having gone through an entire rebranding exercise, I see no reason why that they will ever perform any Keyakizaka song*, at least not officially (nobody can stop them from singing at the karaoke, if they so wish). Keyakizaka is dead and it will never be resurrected. Hirate doesn't want it. The management placed it in the coffin, nailed it shut, and buried it under the Sakura tree.

Hinatazaka can sing Hiragana songs, but the reasons do not extend to Keyakakizaka/Sakurazaka.

*I never got to see them live as Keyakizaka, and would kill to. However, I recognize that is not how the management works.**

**Sorry if I sound harsh about this, but I'm no fun at parties.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Technically they could have a live with only 3 singles under their belt, see 1st one man live in December 2016. Speaking of Keyaki songs, I wouldn't bet on them being performed too soon. However I'd wager that given the appropriate occasion somewhere down the line everything's possible.

11. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    If they haven't performed them so far, and there have been occasions that they could have, I think they won't at all. Silent Majority is definitely dead either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    Yes and no.

Yes. During each anniversary live, they will probably perform a couple Keyaki songs. Especially Silent Majority.

But also, no. Hinatazaka might frequently perform Dare yori mo takaku tobe, which is from their Hiragana Keyaki era, but that is because it still fits their image. Hinatazaka simply changed its name to become an independent group, and for the most part is still Hiragana Keyaki (or at the very least, their image clearly has lineage to Hiragana Keyaki). Whereas Sakurazaka changed their name from Keyaki with the specific purpose of changing their image. It would make no sense to change their image just to go back to performing the songs that symbolize the old one.

13. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Things in life come in cycles a lot of times. What is old is new and vice-versa. I wouldn't be surprised if the "old and forbidden" songs are "rediscovered/revived" again. Worst case scenario, a few years may pass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. chialuuuu

chialuuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina
    I mean, Hinata did do 2020 versions of some of their songs from when they were still Hiragana Keyaki in their 1st album (as Hinatazaka), so I do see this happening. After all, Sakurazaka's concept is still bold, but more elegant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

I think if there is a very special occasion in a few years then we may see them perform one song, but don’t count on it happening. The members themselves have been straightforward that there are no plans for this to ever happen, and I doubt they would say it so frankly if they were planning on it in the near future.

The group went through a very tearful parting with “Keyakizaka.” Do you think Rikopi would have made the decision to graduate if they were just going to perform SaiMajo and the rest of the discography willy-nilly? I agree with @Maeda_Toshiie on this, I think comparing the rebranding situation to Hinata is getting your hopes way too high.

• Like Like x 1
  16. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    if they're gonna perform keyaki songs in the future, it wont definitely be saimajo and by extension fukyouwaon and darekane obviously. Saison, Sekai Ai, kazefuka, ambivalent, 10gatsu can still enter sakurazaka's range so there's no reason for them to get rid of those.
    I also disagree with your last statement. It was not that deep, just marketing. The group was changing so they bet on a image change to avoid being stuck in a slump given the group's former glory. When sakura is established enough to the point they can milk nostalgia, management will bring up old keyaki songs again.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    THAT! I wanted to add to the above discussion, but you just said whatever I wanted to say with 100 words in only 20!

I fully agree with this. Keyaki songs are assets. And as assets they required significant investment, brought profits and will continue to bring profits. It looks highly unprobable that Sony music will just bury two dozens of succesful pieces of music. Noone can bury songs, music. And unless they are already under very strict copyright safeguards, these songs will reappear as covers, or in any other way from various groups in the future. Why not then from the group that is as close to the original as it gets. And that group is no other than Sakurazaka46...

• Like Like x 1
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I agree with @techizaka and @Philosophy Senpai. I don't think the great Keyaki songs will always be off-limits. At least, I hope not. But for now, they have to establish their style and build up their own catalogue. Then Silent Majority, with a 17-18-year-old Ten-chan (for instance) making her own huge impact at centre could bring the house down. Of course, they have to get there first. Lots of work for the members and management to do. The more I see and learn about the members, the more I think they have everything it takes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Not only that, while I like Nobody's Fault and Naze Koi, they still fail to tingle my nerves the way most of Keya's songs have done (and still do). And yes, I know it is only the first single from Saku and there are many more to come, but still.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    I was thinking that if they perform them at all, it will be as part of celebrating an anniversary (like the 10th anniversary of Keyaki, as a big example). I agree that , if they were to perform them regularly in the same way almost all Hiragana songs are now considered Hiragana songs, Silent Majority is a no no.

If they were to perform Keyaki songs as Sakurazaka songs (in the same way Hinata performs Hiragana songs) I am little skeptical they can ever perform a Hirate centered song again, but I wouldn't go as far as to say there is no chance at all.

What do you mean by deep? I agree that it was a marketing driven decision, but it seems I think the name change and "no Keyaki" is more strict/permanent than you do.

I think your final idea is plausible. When I said it would not make sense to perform them again, I primarily meant immediately/soon and regularly, like whenever their next live is and at every live from then on.

However, if they wait long enough, there won't be too much of a point of bringing back old Keyaki songs except for the fans who never got to see them perform them live, as most people will have become attached to the (in this hypothetical future) Sakurazaka repertoire. Also, they (management) may not see much of a point if most of the 1st generation members are gone (not that is necessarily likely to happen by the time you were thinking). In their view, if Sakurazaka is already "established", and has a decent number of songs of their own, why would they need to use old songs? I highly doubt management cares enough to bring them back just because they were good songs, they will only do so if there is a decent chance of making money. As I said before, they might see the idea as making sense even more if none of the members who originally performed it are gone (they might think something like "do fans really want to see the newer members try to perform those songs, when they will likely always be compared with the original performance by 1st generation?" (and ranked "below"/ seen as "less/not that same" as 1st generation)).

All of that is not to try and say (or force you or anyone else to think), in absolute terms, that it will never happen, these are simply the reasons I personally think your idea is plausible, but unlikely.

• Agree Agree x 1