Nakanishi Aruno (Aruru) / 5th Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by halcyon, Feb 8, 2022.

1. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Let's say the tweets are real, the way I see it there are three scenarios here:

1. Make her graduate, postpone the single, replace her with someone else (smartest thing would be to replace her with someone well liked like Asuka but she doesn't have that "unprecedented singing skill" like Aruno supposedly does so Kubo would probably fit that the most) and then release the single a couple of weeks later. But music videos are shot already, jacket photos too and, most importantly, this would make thousands of CDs/DVDs obsolete. Big loss.

2. Release the single as it is, have Aruno graduate a bit later, cite stress or something.

3. Ignore it or release some statement about how she was just a teenager and she didn't mean that stuff, continue with the push and have wotas hate her forever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

I think they'd go with either 2 or 3. The third one would be suicidal, though. What a mess!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I think this will be the most likely scenario. No.2 is also possible. I don't think management have the guts to do the first one. Too much will be lost.
    I prefer this if they do pull her out. I'd rather not see any replacement center. I'll only feel sorry for whoever they select. But again, I doubt they'll do it.

But they can still do something with the other 2 Senbatsu songs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

Frankly, I've got to agree with this "snitch" theory. It seems there is something really fishy going on behind the scenes. Maybe there is some big shot who wanted her so bad to be part of the group despite her "questionable" background, while the supposed "snitch" didn't like that, leaked that information and still, to make fans speak up. What a mess! :fp:

This whole drama has been so emotionally exhausting to me. Gotta hit the gym harder, I guess.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 9
  5. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    I think 1 is the only possible choice to avoid public backslash, and also the press. If they want to keep the "clean" image of Nogizaka46 to public opinion, they'll need to bear the losses. I think it's impossible to release a single with a girl surrounded by turmoil and not to expect drop in sales, not being invited by TV shows and so on.

I can be wrong, but I really can't imagine the single being released as it is. Maybe it will be the same song centered by someone else, the MV probably can have a reshoot after being postponed, etc. By now, losses are expected in a way or another, they'll have to pick the one that hurst least in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. signupsus

signupsus Member

Yeah, this seems possible (but unlikely), though just getting pulled from center might be enough for the time being (no immediate graduation required). Asuka would be believable in the same choreography and, as for her voice, it's not like anyone hearing "Actually..." is blown away by the singing. Mentally, substituting Asuka's voice it's almost like the song works better IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  7. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Completely Agree, i still have absolutely nothing against the girl herself but the circumstances here doesn't make any sense, like Izzi46 said, it really feels like a important person wanted her to be the center at any cost. That's why you shouldn't make a girl that nobody knows nothing about the center of your group, they really tried to force the issue.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. clafelallerizu

clafelallerizu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    so after reading the 2 problematic twitter account. (well its quite interesting read tho i might have missed something)

only one is actually pretty damning since the account has her photo on it. the papa-katsu account.

but the other one(the one of racist remark and stuff) actually don't really have any photos of her? (i might be wrong) and only the lizard photos and name (tho the lizard name and species didn't quite match i think). and i still not sure this is real aruno account

so they could just slam that 1 account
    and handwave the papa-katsu account as teenager mistakes and ignore it and let her hated by some wotas

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Come to think of it. The delayed introduction. No info about them until they released those short intro clips. And the airdrop itself. Couldn't even say who. Too much secrecy.

Waiting if promo pic, covers or even the MV will come out in the next few days or if there will be a delay. There we'll see if they'll do something or proceed as it is.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I was trying to be positive at the beginning but it's impossible right now, the situation is out of control. with all this information leaked about her , the management has to make a decision immediately. They cannot allow this to affect the image and reputation of the group that the members have worked so hard for all these years. and in my opinion the best thing would be to delay the release of the single and release a new single with a different song and center,
    preferably an established member off course there would be economical losses but the most important thing is to protect the image of the group. what worries me the most is how the members are feeling at this moment with this uncertainty.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Airen

Airen Kenkyuusei

So I have no idea what is going on about the current Aruno commotion.
    May I know where can I see the tweets?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hachikim

Hachikim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
    I hope the management would come up with the best solution even if it cost a fortune to regain fans's trust. In case those acc are fake, please release convinced evidences, not something along the line " Please don't spread rumors.....".

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Not that more proofs were needed at this point cause it's pretty blatant, but here's a old insta account she used which also links to the infamous twitter account.
    https://twitter.com/miririas/status/1497621187312197640?t=3j6IN2ony6kyHsyuvnndvQ&s=19

she also abused her younger brother wtf
    https://twitter.com/nogichanzu/status/1497588779699568641?t=9z3GiIGr7_70qSzV9duVgg&s=19

Also, kinda funny (or I would say sad) looking at the staff going from super bold with their "don't spread fake rumours" at first, to the complete silence pretending nothing is happening now that there are more and more evidences and proofs and more and more people is talking about it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Motomura Aoi
    If there's one thing that makes me sick, it's when someone tries to hide behind politics

I wish that time could go by fast, somehow they manage to make it last

--

Wow, Nogizaka became interesting for a change.

LESSSSSGOOOOOO ARUNOOOOW (I mean, I'm excited to see how all of this develops, izzwhatimsaying)

Edit: ok what the heck, I had only read about the supposed photoshoots and fun meals with whoever it was when I posted this. Now crossing into malicious comments that border on 4chan stuff is unacceptable, IF WHAT SOME PEOPLE ARE REPORTING ON IS TRUE. I will keep an eye on this and godspeed to you, Nogiboring fans, stay stronk.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

If all these allegations are true and no deepfake shenanigans going on then…what a MASSIVE clusterf*ck this has become! Some serious dogeza’ing happening at SMEJ right now. Whoever green lit this is certainly fired. Know this, this will be the last airdrop ever.

I’ve been living in Japan for over 20+ years and this will not bode well if she stays on. Management needs to take the L and cut her from the group. It really sucks because she’s the new center and there was so much hype going into 46hr TV/10 Year Anniversary.

I would be shocked if she stays because this certainly is a “dark stain” in the Nogizaka image and will have adverse affects in popularity and most importantly, revenue.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    At the same time though, unless Bunshun reports on this (apparently they DM'd someone) it could stay hidden and known within wotas and they could simply never address it and just demote her to Unders after 29th.

17. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

@Takoyama I agree. I was defending Aruno before all those stuff became public because I was cheering for the best to happen, but now the absolute worst of all has happened to the group. Honestly, if things stays like this, I don't know if I can keep supporting Nogi... it will be so disrespectful to everyone if Sony just stay quiet.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

She MUST leave, no other way around it. If she stays, she'll stick out like a sore thumb, and antis and crazy wotas would have a field day.
    And yeah, it's unfair to everyone, especially her 5th generation peers, if she somehow remains with the group. Even if, by some miracle, these turned out to be false, it's too late, as the damage is already done.

I'm all for postponing the new single until later, or why not, cancel it altogether if it leads to her getting out of the group. I'm one of the few here who didn't dislike the main song and thought it was a grower, but after what had happened, I wish it could be erased from existence.

10 years of hard work and building mostly positive image of the group is being undermined by some stubborn big shot behind the scenes who only cares about this girl.
    I feel really sorry for her grandparents, who were shown during her introduction video. Thankfully, their faces were blurred.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. air_guchi

air_guchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    I've posted about this girl before giving her the benefit of the doubt. However, I must say... after all these things have come to light, then it's certainly impossible to support her as a Nogizaka member.

The past is the past (even if it was literally like 6 months ago lol) and I most certainly hope she gets the help she needs. If she's truly wishing for change and redemption then by all means, we wish her nothing but the best. But as a member of Nogizaka? I'm sorry, but Nogizaka cannot welcome you. Her past is already disturbing enough but for her to be airdropped center is a HUGE slap in the face of past members who have sacrificed and worked hard to have and maintain a clean and kind image. The last few days worth of news about Aruno has already done more damage to Nogi's image than 10 years worth of scandals combined. It's honestly left a very bad taste in my mouth and the way I see the group as a whole has been affected.

I strongly disagree with her personality but there are unfortunately a lot of people like her. We can't be getting mad at people like her for existing. However, we CAN be mad that someone like her has been chosen as the face of an idol group that has always been about being kind, elegant, beautiful and caring. We CAN be mad at management. Someone fucked up HARD. I certainly hope she wasn't chosen as center because of someone pulling the strings behind the scenes, whether it's her parents' connections in polics or, more disturbingly, doing some "favors" for an older male with a high position in management. Her past accounts seemed to show that she was not shy about her sexuality, particularly with older men. This is a mistake that can absolutely lead to the demise of the group and I pray they make the correct decisions moving forward, even if they have to suffer some short-term financial losses.

Like everyone else above, it will be very difficult for me to support Nogizaka if she stays center and becomes the face of the group... good grief, just when they finally hit 10 years and the other 5th gens are showing so much promise.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Winner Winner x 3
  20. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

It sucks we live in an age where you can be cancelled for stuff posted. We all have skeletons in the closet but when there’s digital receipts and you have people that want to bring you down there’s no hiding.

I really do feel bad for Aruno. Demoting her would be just shameful. She already brought shame upon herself but I can’t imagine what other members would say behind her back in the dressing room. It would’ve been easier to demote her to unders if she wasn’t center ffs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1