Nakanishi Aruno (Aruru) / 5th Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by halcyon, Feb 8, 2022.

1. clafelallerizu

clafelallerizu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    this new show spicy sessions is really nice. i like the setup.
    and not as 'serious' as i expected.. but more on the chill side.

aruno really do a great job here as performer and MC..
    and i hope she can show her drum skill a bit next ep..

altho its a bit unfortunate it seems next ep not gonna be until february...

• Like Like x 2
  2. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
  3. sohryusan

sohryusan Kenkyuusei

I just watched the second episode of Spicy Sessions. This was my first time watching it on its schedule and amazed with the concept they brought. Mixed feelings, happy yet sad at the same time, proud because she keeps evolving further yet somehow sad because there are a bunch of people on the net who still blindly doubt her potential. Thanks to Kurosawa-san and the guest stars for showing a brand-new concept of enjoying music. I don't know how many takes they had until they finally broadcast this version but once again I just witnessed her charm, her way of harmonizing voices with Chris is beyond expectation. I burst into tears when she did a solo singing the furnished version of "Omoidegatomaranakunaru", the new arrangement fits perfectly with the message the song wanted to tell us. Definitely will be on my go-to bed song playlist, if only they were giving me a chance to listen to it legally.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Episode 2 of Spicy Sessions with Chris Hart surpassed the previous episode for me.

The performances of this episode are so nice. This episode reminded me of how good Chris Hart is as a singer. I've listened to his songs and collaborations before and thought that he is a phenomenal singer even though he is singing in his second language (Nihongo).

Kurosawa re-arranged Mirai he by Kiroro on the spot as a duet for both Aruno and Chris. I feel like Kurosawa wanted to "make a point" and let Aruno do her thing in this performance. Kurosawa taught her how to do the harmony and chose a higher key, a higher key compared to the harmony she did when she performed Roman in the previous episode. I had goosebumps when I listened to this duet and the live band set up pretty much adds to the feeling of the song.

Kurosawa and Chris performed Pieces of a Dream by Chemistry and Chris Hart's most popular song, I Love You. I "loled" when Kurosawa told Aruno that singers his age (especially the whole gospellers) are struggling a lot when they sing their old songs because their songs were originally composed in a higher key, which is fine when they are younger but is a lot "painful" to sing when they are getting older. A perfect example for this would be Hirose Kohmi. I think I also saw Aiko's tweet complaining about this issue too. During the performance, I felt like Kurosawa had a hard time singing I Love You. You'll know what I meant when you watch the episode.

The last performance of this episode would be the ballad version of Omoide ga Tomaranakunaru, which was arranged by Kurosawa. Honestly, this version hit me with sadness. I can imagine her singing this song alone on the beach during the sunset reminiscing all the memories, which is a complete opposite to the happy and bright idol group version. The ballad version became faithful to the lyrics of the song. Aruno is really good in making us feel and understand the message of the song. It was a very nice performance.

It was a really good episode. Can't wait for the next episode with some members of Penthouse.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Xena55

Xena55 Kenkyuusei

Is there any context to this or just in general? I also saw a bunch of Kurosawa tweets last night defending and supporting her. It was nice to see but sad that she gets any sort of hate that warrants a response.

6. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    I think it has to do with the time around before and when she debuted. Was one of the doubters at first but aruru won me over eventually. :)

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  7. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Spicy sessions ep 2

GHBZXeraoAAe3TQ (1).jpeg

【[240223-2200] Spicy Sessions with クリス・ハート】

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. sohryusan

sohryusan Kenkyuusei

Yesterday's Actually... was personally emotional. The switch between under and senbatsu intro dance was smooth and the way they reproduced the first time Actually... performed during 46 hours TV two years ago was purely nostalgic. The singing parts and the choreography might have changed a lot (in a positive way), but now the song has become one of the most anticipated because it always has been living up the crowd. Also, Aruno and Seimiya's presence is an essential part of this song. The feels must be different if future generations bring back this song someday on a live stage without two of them.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    happy birthday, Aruru!

• Like Like x 2
  10. hikkOshii

hikkOshii Kenkyuusei

Happy Birthday ! Aruno-chan…

It’s well over 2 years.

Glad you chose to stay, knowing the odds are all against you.

You can’t change your past but you can change your future.

Actually… as it evolves, your performance gets better and better. The song matures along with you.

Wasn’t that clear at the beginning but is clear now why you stand there at the center.

Still long way. Hope you get to where you want to be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Happy birthday, Aruno-chan!:ome:

• Like Like x 2
  12. sohryusan

sohryusan Kenkyuusei

Happy birthday Aruno-chan!

Thank you for your hard work at your 20, both inside and outside Nogizaka46.

Please expand your possibilities further with various programs! I am rooting for you :blush:

• Like Like x 2
  13. sohryusan

sohryusan Kenkyuusei

She bravely challenged the English version of On My Own in yesterday’s Spicy Session episode and it's really, really wonderful. Is she the first member to sing the English version of this song? I know Ikuchan sang it first but in the Japanese version.

For now, she might not be as powerful as Ikuchan’s musical singing skills but as a currently active idol, she’s truly a vocal gem Nogizaka have. She still has plenty of time to polish her vocal talent. Giving her more chances to sing with music geniuses in a good music show like Spicy Sessions of course will boost her confidence, and sharpen her vocal skills as well as her music sense.

Here's the clip for those who haven't watched it :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. hikkOshii

hikkOshii Kenkyuusei

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. sohryusan

sohryusan Kenkyuusei

Someone has shared her experience in attending the latest Aruno's Spicy Sessions recording session (April, 9th):

https://x.com/chiaki_may3/status/1779464326463824351 / https://ameblo.jp/may-03yu/entry-12848347252.html

Thanks to her, she also wrote when the next episode will be broadcast on the TBS channel (time is in JST) which we had no information yet from the official SNS account :blush:

The next episode of Spicy Sessions will be aired on April 27th (Saturday) at 23:00 with guest May.J.
    Takaya-kun's guest episode will be from 23:00 on Saturday, May 18th.

The list of songs that Aruno will perform in the next episode:

The 4th Episode:
    Aruno, Kurosawa, and May J - First Love by Utada Hikaru
    Aruno (solo) - Tabako by Koresawa

The 5th Episode:
    Aruno and Kawasaki Takaya - 366 nichi by HY
    Aruno (solo) - Hello, Again by My Little Lover

Surely can't wait any longer to watch the next episode! :flower:

• Like Like x 2
  16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    The forehead that calms my heart.
    GLhvBB_aYAE-E1C.jpg
    Damn, she looks beautiful! :inlove:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

There are so many aruno' forehead in Nogime

Picsart_24-04-20_23-44-08-246.jpg
    this is pokemon version

• Like Like x 4
  18. kosaka46

kosaka46 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao, Kanemura Miku
    Was rewatching the 『Actually...』 stage performance from the 12th Birthday Live, and honestly, Aruru as center just hits different, man! The sheer presence, the vocals, the aura... just electrifying. It's a shame it feels like a repeat of the Hori-Barrette scenario where we might never see her center another single. But I can't help but hope for a future where she gets that spotlight again, even if it's a few years down the line. Though, considering inevitable backlash, it's a delicate balance to strike.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

I think Management have been confronted with choice between Asuka and Miona, then decided for 1st gen to hold it a little longer considerately. Yet still, Miona had became center for Under Center and all 2nd gen song consecutively, gain spot as Fukujin and front member not long after join senbatsu again.
    That I want to say, Miona's story and Aruno's story almost perfectly different