TV / Radio OUT OF 48 (2023/04/20 - 2024/03/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 24, 2023.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    I've only ever seen it translated literally, but either way even with your translation the sentiment is the same. It sounds pretentious in this scenario no matter what because the guy is literally using AKB's popularity as a jumping-off point for his group.

As for the rest of your post, I think you're thinking too hard on this. It's fine to hope the best from management, but are you actually going to tell me (almost) all of the kenkyuusei and the pushed girls in AKB just so happened to be the ones that fit the image he has for his group the most? Huge coincidence, I would say. To me this just looks like a business transaction. The guy is promoting the girls DH wants to promote in exchange for using them to prop-up his new group. I really think that's all there is to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    A polite (japanese) way to say "Go home I don't need you!". (the show would do everything it can to counter the negativity it created among AKB48 fans).
    He kept all the 18ki and the most popular ones.
    From here it's not very difficult to guess who will have to leave the room next weeks. It's all sued with white thread. 1 surprise may still happen, like Fukuoka can stay rather than Nagatomo (doubt).

Last edited: May 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @Popuri

Ofc they are using akb as a jumping off point lol. Otherwise why creates this programme? i would be even more disappointed if they dont make use what they have. Produce48 does too. Ofc they do it thinking it will help akb48 prosper (at least financially). This is a very open secret, and i am not going to deny it.

And why are u saying as if business transaction is a bad thing LOL? Remember that their pay roll (unless they have an agency) depends on their management income as well. If they cant sustain... dont u think downsizing is the next step? some of u think too natively. At the end of the day, akb was, is, has always been, and will always be based on business transaction. Everyone thinking otherwise is pure naiveity at work. (Again, this is no secret either).

The shortlisted members happen to be senbatsu members and pushed members.. i didnt expect that but i wont think it is necessarily a bad business. Is it evil? Perhaps. But is it necessary evil to keep whatever afloat? Perhaps the management says so. And again, since it is an audition, not a rigged voting... it still creates a good, yet not law breaking show. (Idolship is all about 'shows')

Idk but idol fandoms thrive on sympathy. Idolship also thrives on sadness and the negative reactions by members. SSK always results in some people crying. So does team transfers, even produce 48. What that makes u feel? Sympathy. And what sympathy usually leads to? Even if it does not result in long term fandom, u still garner some attention.

Idk i am worried abt this show not garnering any public attention than anything. Why despite some of these baits, do people not care? Is akb that stale? In their glory days, even the tiniest tie-ins create rifts. (I am not talking abt fans because fans are rejecting with just the sake of "kpop association".)Are they not doing enough to steal attention?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Well, like was said from the start of the thread, it's badly advertised, badly done.
    Replacing an entertaining show by this boring thing .....
    I'd have prefered something more watchable on TV, in a real set, real host etc. But DH wasn't whiling to put any budget on the table. So we end up with something that could have been broadcasted in a special corner of Sayo Mouri. Something like the 2 Miyamoto Amon "The Wiz" auditions, or how the eitos training camps were part of Nemousu TV.
    And more importantly, there's still the unanswered question. Exclusivity or concurency for the members who make it ?
    Most if not all the negativity lies here.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing. Business and profitability is all that matters to anyone who manages idols. They use the girls to get to us and our money. It's the nature of this. I was simply pointing out that it seems to me like you're trying to read too much into their justifications for choosing girl A or B when to me the real justification is that they're using the popular and pushed girls because it's better for the producer and DH. It has nothing to do with their abilities or potential. They only say that to make this all seem nicer and fairer, when they know for a fact there's nothing fair about this. That's just my opinion.

And again, I wasn't even saying you were denying they were using AKB. I was simply stating that it bothered me how he was talking about creating a group that wouldn't lose to AKB (or as good as AKB) while literally making use of their already built-in popularity. It's an unnecessary comment on his part. That's all.

I didn't make any moral judgements regarding the show on the post you're responding to, so I don't know why you're directing this at me. Yes, I don't like how they're doing it, but this is typical coming from this management, so I don't really care at this point. It's just same old, same old.

Regarding the lack of attention and sympathy points, though, my two cents:
    You're right, idols do well when they garner sympathy. However, two things: 1. The unpopular girls who could actually benefit from the show and who need opportunities are almost all gone, and the sympathy they could garner along with them. 2. We don't actually know what passing this show means. We don't know if the members will have a kennin position or what, but we do know we like them in AKB. So there is no incentive to watch the show because we don't even want the girls who remained to succeed in it. The kks are too new and so we want them in AKB because they're the future. The others are the current faces of AKB, so we need them. The few who aren't as popular probably won't last long (although they probably will keep just one of them to pretend the show is fair, probably Seichan or maybe Naamin).

Also, like lionel said, the show is boring. Not much has happened in any of the episodes thus far, so there's that aspect, too. Why tune in if you can just read a summary to be aware of any information given in the episode? The episodes don't even show the girls for that long, so it's not even worth it on that level. Plus, yes, the show wasn't well promoted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

The show will get subbed by kaleid (who usually subs SKE content).
    He will sub the first 3 episodes and continue depending on the response.
    His latest tweet says that the first episode will be finished soon!

I think this might have worked if she was eliminated later in the show but it's after only 3 episodes... if we put all her parts together, it's like 1-2 minutes at most? and I don't know how much japanese people discuss about this show (or if many of them watch it because it doesn't seem so). it's true that Harupyon was discussed in here at least, so there's that! I'm glad if some people got to know her or notice her thanks to this... (everyone please support her lol she's great <3)

I have to agree that it's not very exciting, there are a lot of silences, and they also often replay things that we already saw, like parts of the solo interviews (I know they played the ones from Naru, Mizumin and Ayamin more than once, and probably some others) and how much they replay parts of the dancing evaluation with always the same song playing... the show is short (around 25 minutes?) they should avoid replaying and repeating things.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. metallion

metallion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    To add on to what has already been said, there literally is no incentive for the general public to care about the results. Say what you want about public voting and vote rigging, but having audience participation makes people invested in the show, like their actions have an impact on the outcome. Take that away and it's just like watching a documentary about the formation of a group.

And even if you ignore the above point, the show is just generally boring like others have said. I went into PD48 as a non-AKB fan, and even without the voting aspect I became way more invested in the show than I had any right to be, because the show was interesting. It showed drama, it showed struggle, it showed growth, by the first showcase I found myself rooting for people that I never knew existed before the show. OO48 took out all the drama of its elimination episode by revealing who were eliminated a week before the episode aired. 30 minutes per week isn't enough time to show content that will make the show interesting; give each girl 3 mins of screen time and you're probably lucky to see 4 or 5 girls get some screentime without sacrificing the overall flow of the show

Maybe it'll get better, who knows? But for now I'm following only because Seichan is still in, even though there's been not a single second of focus on her so far. If and when she drops out I'm probably dropping the show too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I watched the dancing videos of the non-AKB members. I agree that the level is not very high, but then again I'm not too strict with them because they auditioned recently and probably didn't receive a long period of training (also I'm not sure that a lot of people actually auditioned for this...). There are two of them who got my attention:

Tanaka Rei (16 years old according to the info posted a few pages ago). She seems cute ^^

if the video does not show watch the video here

Sugii Misaki (also 16 years old, according to the info in this thread). Nice energy, she's cute.

if the video does not show watch the video here

There are some other girls who did fine in the videos but I noticed these two the most! Btw random, but I'm not a big fan of the outfits for the song (also the ones from the concert) ^^;

I wish the next episode would be more about giving an intro to the non-AKB girls rather than another dance evaluation. I also think they need to give us details about their plans for this group... Like how many members in the final line-up? What kind of group they want exactly? (I was wondering because they made one of the short hair girls do a rap...) it would also be good to clarify about the situation for the members who will make it. will they be kennin etc. it seems like the girls still don't know right now (according to some HS reports) I mean they probably already recorded for 6-7 episodes at least so it's weird if they still don't know. They need to make things clear, most of the people who even bother watching this show are AKB fans, and it's not a nice feeling to watch without knowing what will happen to the members... which is probably why a lot of AKB fans don't even watch it. I also don't see non-fans being interested... so yes they should at least make it attractive and not too offensive to AKB fans. They kinda failed to do that so far lol.

• Like Like x 8
  10. welp

welp Next Girls

You are very good at understanding words but not the message. Not as good as lionel though.

But, they should have known the image of each AKB's member beforehand. Why eliminate someone because of unfitting image? Why not just start the show with only "fitting" members so they could spend very limited time on something else not upsetting to both contestants and viewers?
    I don't think eliminating someone because "unfitting" is any unfair yet, recruiting someone already known how they were and later eliminating them for how they were was kind of shitty to say the least.

Interestingly, Yukirin's concept of idol was much different to that of Hana, who said AKB48's members mostly did not give idol vibe. I'm quite curious what was Hana's concept of "idol".

"Potential", let's agree this is a very obscure word and opened to different interpretations.

But someone told me any AKB48's fan had been well aware of this.

This definitely never been the case.

How did you know Ichinomiya cared about AKB to begin with? Possibly, he just wanted to create a group but had no resource to and DH gave him that resource (to an extent). And, could you blame him when DH also used him? DH also wanted to create a group (at cheap price) and he offered cheap labor. Each side used the other side.

More urgent issue is the clear layout of the show. A big factor to Produce popularity is the simple and clear format. We don't even know how many episodes Out of 48 will last. We don't know for sure if it will be open vote. We don't know how many missions they will be in total. We don't know how much involving Hana and Kondo will be. So many things we don't know about the show.

11. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    Yes, I literally said it's a business transaction :fp:

I agree with all of this! The outfits aren't exciting at all. This thing of making them wear regular clothing that is supposed to look stylish doesn't work for me. At least spice it up with colors. As much as I don't care for the song, at least I appreciate how lively it is. Colorful outfits would be more fitting. Something like the ones for Sugar Night, I'd say.

As for the show, that's precisely the thing. The show doesn't appeal to non-AKB fans but also doesn't have anything good for us fans. I'm only sticking with it because of Sorara and Zukky (and I don't want Sorara especially to pass. I think she has a good chance at being a front-row member one day since she is already senbatsu after only a year in the group).

• Like Like x 1
  12. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    you know what,
    I'm sick of your constant talking down to other forum members, I told you not to do that earlier but you obviously either did not understand or thought you could just ignore it

1 month ban

Last edited: May 9, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I am preferring typical high school uniform like Produce series. I don't know why they don't go with that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Something tells me "low will to spend"
    It might be only me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Yeah, the show is boring even for fans, why would the general public be interested at all.

• Agree Agree x 9
  16. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I think that in general (doesn't implying there are no exception) for the long term group, management is not acceptive to the idea of letting the general public to choose the final line-up of the group. If they are acceptive of that, having sort of like mini sousenkyo is enough to generate buzz. They can put the challenge on youtube just like what they done when choosing the replacement for No Way Man.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I mean they let members choose new members (drafts) and look at how much attention management has paid to draftees, especially 3rd draft. They always only had 1 or 2 girls they liked (Kawamoto Saya from D1, only recently Erii from D2 and Yahagi Moeka from D3). D2 had Satopii and Rei as well, but they weren't part of senbatsu for ages.

It shouldn't really be a surprise for anyone that they just do whatever they want without really listening to members' or fans' opinions.

To be fair, I did entertain the idea that they might let fans vote before episode 1 aired, but now I'm neither surprised nor particularly angry. This is just yet another selection progress for a new unit or project and management is choosing the girls they like. Only difference is that it's recorded and aired. Feels more like a documentary than a survival show tbh.

My only gracious thought though is that they kept all the KKS girls (despite possibly lack of skill or stage presence) in order to give them screen time, just so AKB fans can get familiar with them.

Also, after watching the first episode with subs, it's interesting how Ayamin and Satomina basically said the same thing but made opposite decisions.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: May 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. metallion

metallion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Literally just spent 30 minutes to announce 8 group leaders and their first pick... At this rate we'll probably know the full teams 2 weeks later.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

20230512_000245.jpg
    8 leaders and their first picks.
    Miu chose Chen Sasha. I don't think this girl can debut. :hmm:
    I love Yumemin, but she as leader is a big joke.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1