TV / Radio OUT OF 48 (2023/04/20 - 2024/03/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    What are the teams for? I didn't get to watch the episode.

2. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Miu might be gunning for a balanced team, ie. Sasha can do the rap parts if there are any.

3. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

They only dance the themesong again in front of the leaders, not show any skills as singing or rap. So Miu pick Sasha simple because of her tomboy look.

They will perform 8 songs (reveal next week) to compete.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Based on the preview, the 3rd member will be Saito Haruna. A cute girl after a tomboy?
    344281163_790439112287877_34912134520316745_n.jpg

I'm shocked that Naamin were Aichan's 1st pick, I didn't see any connection between them except some senbatsu work :blink:
    And Yumemin as leader is such a joke, but then she chose Yunachan, who seems to be the leader of 18ki, I doubt we know who will be the leader of this team.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Motomura Aoi
    I feel like I'm tripping with some of the stuff that is going on, imagine being, say, Fukuoka Seina, having spent so much of your youth at AKB and then sitting down waiting to maybe be picked to a dance team for AKB's newest girl group reality show by a no-name they just selected to participate in this program.

I don't think it's gonna happen (someone among her group mates will pick her up first), but this whole thing makes no sense. At least she was smiling the whole episode(?)

I feel like I'm obligated to hope for the success of whatever comes out of this because seeing the girls go through this just to have a glorified sub-unit which will disband in a year or so would be extra f* up.

(Other people already criticized the fate of the senior members who were already eliminated as well)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Episode 1 has been subbed by kaleid, all links are here: https://twitter.com/kaleid_SKE/status/1655547847344017408

"The girls of #AKB48 are introduced to the latest project of #OUTOF48, and are given a chance to participate in a survival show to debut a new group from members out of AKB48."

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Gosh ! Not only it is .... see previous posts, but it is also slow ......
    Seriously 1 full episode to display only 1/3 of the draft. I hope it won't require 2 more epiodes to finish the whole thing (I know it won't)
    Picking a barely arrived kenkyusei as group leader, really ? :confused:
    I recon Yumemi can dance, just it require a bit more to lead a team, even for a short time.
    Others are ok, all good dancers.

The leaders picking decided through janken was fun though.

So If I'm not wrong, by order of picking:
    Group 2:
    Kuranoo Narumi
    Nagano Serika​

Group 4:
    Oguri Yui
    Yamazaki Sora​

Group 5:
    Sato Airi
    Asai Nanami​

Group 7
    :
    Furuyama Nanami
    Nakamura Yuka​

Group 1
    :
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Chiba Erii​

Group 6:
    Sako Yumemi
    Akiyama Yuna​

Group 3:
    Shitao Miu
    Chen Sasha​

Group 8:
    Nakamori Mikoto
    Watanabe Karen​

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also some things I gathered before the episode aired :
    Sugii Misaki's twitter: @twinklemisaki
    [​IMG]

Furuyama Nanami from Serious Flavor's Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/serious_flavor/status/1656627004979179520
    Maybe she was in Nemo Hamo Rumor MV ? so no question about her dance abilities.
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    48 times interviewed Ayamin, Zukki and Naru: (DeepL)
    Q: How did you feel after the lesson?
    Ayami: It was difficult at first because there were choreographies that we don't dance in AKB48. hana-san's solo dance choreography videos were fun to watch and learn. Today, I was actually taught in detail and took time to learn each and every detail.

Mizuki: It was totally different from the AKB48 dances up to now. The way they moved their bodies was completely different and it was a difficult song to showcase.

Narumi: This was the first time I was taught face-to-face. Recently, perhaps due to the influence of Hii (Hitomi Honda), we have been emphasising the importance of doing the choreography for 'It's my ex-boyfriend' and 'I really like you' in a detailed and careful manner, and have been moving towards presenting a complete and clean performance rather than arranging the choreography for each individual. I thought the choreography of this song also suited the atmosphere of the current era.​

Q: What are the characteristics of hana-sensei's choreography ?
    Ayami: The fingertips were fine down to the tips of the fingers, with only the thumbs pointing down. I thought it was like HANA's style to use her face to make sounds.

Mizuki: When I moved my hands, there were places where I would have done it in a flash if I were AKB48, but there were places where I did it while relaxing, and that was the difference. I would say it showed her femininity...

Narumi: There were many movements that were not found in AKB48 dances. I discovered choreography that accentuated femininity and how to accentuate it. The way of taking the front and back beats for the timing of the body movements was unique and fresh.​

And the article displays the general girls self introduction:
    Iwamoto Aika: I am 21-year-old Aika Iwamoto from Kanagawa Prefecture. My speciality is golf, so I will do my best to give it my best shot in this audition too!

Kakimoto Rena: I am Reia Kakimoto, a smiling, energetic 17-year-old from Hyogo Prefecture. My nickname is Ranapyon, so please call me Ranapyon. Here we go, Se-no. I'm going to call you "Renapyon". Oh, man, I'm so happy!

Kato Mikoto: I am 16 years old and my name is Mikoto Kato. Her idol is Mayu Watanabe, a former member of AKB48, and note the gap between her special skills in guitar and kendo.

Kanomata Mana: I am from Hokkaido, Japan, and I will be 23 years old in three days. My nickname is Shikachan. I will make you all the happiest with my Shikachan happy virus. I look forward to working with you.

Sato Suzuka: I am 17 years old, a senior in high school, and my name is Sato Suzuka. I love to sing and dance. My favourite food is cucumber. Pleased to meet you.

Sugii Misaki: Ciao - I am 16 years old, a 2nd year high school student, with dimples as my charm point, Misaki Sugii. Please call me Mii-chan. I can also do special moves!

Suzuki Sara: I am 16 years old, a 2nd year high school student, born on Halloween, and my name is Airai Suzu⽊. Now I'm going to say, 'Make me your guess! I'd be happy if you could all say 'I'm going to play a trick on you'.

Tanaka Rei: I am 16 years old, a second year high school student, and my name is Tanaka Rei. My favourite thing to do is watch baseball games.

Chen Sasha: I'm Chen Sasha, 20 years old, from Tokyo, handsome, cute and handsome short. Dance, sing, rap, pay attention!

Nagai Kurumi: Kurumi Nagai, 18 years old. Remember me as short-cut and boyish. I'll do my best to be stoic.

Nakamura Yuuka: My name is Nakamura Yuuka, I am 17 years old. I give a spectacular performance with a sparkling smile. Please support us!

Nakamori Mikoto: My name is Nakamori Mikoto. I am 21 years old and from Fukuoka Prefecture. My charm points are my smile and Hakata dialect. I love eating.

Naruishi Arisa: I am the only 14-year-old third year secondary school student in the general application, so I will do my best. I'm a good singer and at school they call me 'Narui Singer'.

Nishijima Ruka: I am 13 years old and I am from Osaka, Japan. I am a second year junior high school student who loves ramen and dancing.

Hatai Miyu: Hatai Miyu is 13 years old and from Tokyo, Japan. I call myself 'Miyu', which means 'kind-hearted' in Japanese. I would be happy if you call me by my name a lot.

Furuyama Nanami: I am 18 years old and I am from Mie Prefecture, Japan. Remember me by my bangs, haircut and twintails.

Matsuura Yui: I am Matsuura Yui, a 15-year-old first-year high school student from Fukui Prefecture who has just become a JK. I will never lose to anyone in loudness of voice and physical strength. I would be very happy if you would support me.

Matsuo Sara: Nice to meet you. Thank you for your precious time at the live, I'm Matsuo Sara, the tallest girl in OUT OF 48. I will do my best with my favourite dance!

Matsumoto Otoka: I am 13 years old and my name is Matsumoto Otoka. My favourite food is broccoli. I have a lot of motivation and perseverance, and I won't lose to anyone. I will do my best with all my might.

Murakami Ayaha: I'm Ayaha Murakami, the youngest 2nd year junior high school student from Tokyo. I'm still the worst at dancing and singing, but I'll do my best so that everyone will say 'You've grown up'. I won't lose to the AKB members.

Yamazaki Fuuka: I'm Yamazaki Fuuka an AKB48 fan for 13 years. My charm point is my waist.

Wakabayashi Yuna: I'm Yuna Wakabayashi, a 16-year-old high school sophomore from Osaka, who wants to be a rabbit. I'm as charming as anyone else. Well, poof!

Watanabe Karen: I am 13 years old, born in Kyoto and raised in Aichi, I am Watanabe Karen, a tea ceremony master, and I will do my best to make everyone smile with my unique hospitality, cherishing each and every one of the wonderful encounters OUT OF 48. One last thing. I am often thought of as mature, but I also love making funny faces and doing funny things!

https://48times.com/newsDetail/2280

Last edited: May 14, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  8. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Naru --> Yuiyui --> Aichan --> Nakamori --> Zukky --> Yumemin --> Miu --> Furuyama

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    I can only find her clearly in the MV dance version at around 1:30
    --> link
    [​IMG]

Seems like she's just graduated like last year, she was in quite a few videos of SERIOUS FLAVOR youtube channel (link)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    All without the colored hair yet, of course [hehe]

Wait.. what are the group numbers here?
    If it's the order of choosing, I just finished watching it, it should be
    1. Naru
    2. Yuiyui
    3. Aichan
    4. Furuyama Nanami (the Mie school dance club girl)
    5. Zukky
    6. Yumemin
    7. Miu
    8. Nakamori Mikoto
    Basically same as the summary pic at the top of this page. @Izzy Trinh perhaps you confused Nakamori with Furuyama?

Yes, finally the Yuiyui vs Naru showdown we all waited for :D

The episode is fine, the AKB girls are more relaxed (but the outsider girls still seems a bit stiff).
    They are just emphasizing the first picks to make it feel more important.
    I wonder what 8 songs are gonna be used for the next round?

Bonus:
    Mouri-san, Makino-san, and ??? cameraman that I feel is not the usual TV cameraman
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    Potential SPOILER for future episode
    Seems like the clothes used in the concert is not random and kinda points out who are in the same team!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can check these pics or just check the official tiktok!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Might be natural since they got priority in drafting, but seems like Naru and Yuiyui got strong performers for their teams indeed!

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Thanks for the corrections, the post is sooo long, I had to mess up somewhere :fp:
    The numbers are the order in which the groups leaders were called.

Modelpress episode 4 summary

Once a clumsy saff, allways a clumsy staff :D

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Is it mean that those outfits are actually the outfit for following performance?

It is a bit dull.

13. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    Thank you! That's actually kind of exciting. Some variety finally, it seems.

• Like Like x 2
  14. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Yumemin on SR talking about her being chosen as a team leader. No eng subs btw, but it sounds like chat was generally positive about it. I myself am curious about her leadership capabilities. In comparison, I've observed Aichan was very attentive of her fellow 17th generation members even before she was relegated as the 17th generation's ace or leader.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/outof48_ntv/status/1659032848882614272

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's check social media audience before the 5th episode airs:
    For reference:
    • Youtube: 1,99k
    • TikTok: 5340
    • Instagram: 2114
    • Twitter: 5323 (no surprise snce they mainly use the ex SayoMour account and it's more than 31k)
    Also, I don't think it's listed anywhere in the thread:
    The artist page on Blowout site
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watanabe Karen's Twitter
    https://twitter.com/rinrinkaren1130

Episode 5:
    The end of the draft and that's all

Next week ,Team leaders will do another janken to pick their songs, which are still unknown.
    I highly suppose it's going to be a selection of AKB48 songs

Such a let down of an episode again, they managed to create a little interest / suspence last week, alas, like a soufflé, it deflated quickly

[​IMG]

If I'm not wrong:
    • Kuranoo Narumi
      • Nagano Serika
      • Yamaguchi Yui
      • Yagi Azuki
      • Tanaka Rei
      • Kanomata Mana

• Oguri Yui
      • Yamazaki Sora
      • Arai Sae
      • Fukuoka Seina
      • Naruishi Arisa
      • Nagai Kurumi

• Sato Airi
      • Asai Nanami
      • Sakagawa Hiyuka
      • Hirata Yuki
      • Matsumoto Otoka
      • Matsuo Sara

• Furuyama Nanami
      • Nakamura Yuka
      • Tokunaga Remi
      • Nagatomo Ayami
      • Kubo Hinano
      • Hatai Miyuu

• Yamauchi Mizuki
      • Chiba Erii
      • Wakabayashi Yuna
      • Nishijima Ruka
      • Kudo Kasumi
      • Kato Mokoto

• Sako Yumemi
      • Akiyama Yuna
      • Mizushima Miyuu
      • Yamazaki Fuka
      • Sato Suzuka
      • Narita Kohina

• Shitao Miu
      • Chen Sasha
      • Saito Haruna
      • Matsuura Yui
      • Sugii Misaki
      • Murakami Ayaha

• Nakamori Mikoto
      • Watanabe Karen
      • Iwamoto Aika
      • Suzuki Sara
      • Kakimoto Rena
      • Hashimoto Eriko

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 6
  16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Episode 2 has been subbed by kaleid, all links are here: https://twitter.com/kaleid_SKE/status/1658686336067571712

"We follow the first participants of #OUTOF48 as they practice and face their first elimination and learn about their reasons for auditioning for this mysterious project."

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    ModelPress has published an article about last night's episode with photos and a complete list of members in each team:
    (N.B. contains spoilers) https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/3754648

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Had they revealed the songs that will be performed?

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I did some statistics, by sorting by amount of views on social medias for the general girls
    (numbers in thousands)

TikTok:
    • Iwamoto Aika - 177,4
    • Nakamori Mikoto - 139,4
    • Chen Sasha - 83,1
    • Wakabayashi Yuna - 70,5
    • Murakami Ayaka - 69,8
    • Sugii Misaki - 64,9
    • Kakimoto Rena - 48,5
    • Watanabe Karen - 46,5
    • Matsumoto Otoka - 45,8
    • Suzuki Sara - 43,7
    • Nishijima Ruka - 41,7
    • Yamazaki Fuuka - 40,7
    • Furuyama Nanami - 39,3
    • Sato Suzuka - 35,3
    • Kato Mikoto - 34,5
    • Matsuura Yui - 33,7
    • Matsuo Sara - 32,5
    • Nagai Kurumi - 32,4
    • Hatai Miyuu - 32,4
    • Tanaka Rei - 30,4
    • Naruishi Arisa - 28,1
    • Nakamura Yuuka - 25,5
    • Kanomata Mana - 25,4
    The top 2 may have been influenced by the videos just before on the account, that might explain such a gap.

Insyagram (a lot more modest)
    • Furuyama Nanami - 25,5
    • Chen Sasha - 6,412
    • Nakamura Yuuka - 5,845
    • Nakamori Mikoto - 5,664
    • Iwamoto Aika - 3,947
    • Murakami Ayaha - 3,622
    • Sugii Misaki - 3,577
    • Nagai Kurumi - 3,559
    • Kakimoto Rena - 3,508
    • Kato Mikoto - 3,248
    • Suzuki Sara - 3,138
    • Watanabe Karen - 3,125
    • Wakabayashi Yuna - 3,045
    • Tanaka Rei - 3,012
    • Naruishi Arisa - 2,993
    • Yamazaki Fuuka - 2,976
    • Nishijima Ruka - 2,928
    • Hatai Miyuu - 2,856
    • Sato Suzuka - 2,797
    • Matsumoto Otoka - 2,791
    • Kanomata Mana - 2,764
    • Matsuura Yui - 2,635
    • Matsuo Sara - 2,407

Youtube (you ... what ?)
    • Sugii Misaki - 4,5
    • Wakabayashi Yuna - 3,6
    • Suzuki Sara - 3,4
    • Chen Sasha - 3,2
    • Matsumoto Otoka - 3,2
    • Nakamori Mikoto - 3,1
    • Tanaka Rei - 2,9
    • Murakami Ayaka - 2,3
    • Iwamoto Aika - 2,1
    • Matsuo Sara - 2,1
    • Kakimoto Rena - 2
    • Kato Mikoto - 2
    • Nagai Kurumi - 1,9
    • Yamazaki Fuuka - 1,7
    • Furuyama Nanami - 1,7
    • Nishijima Ruka - 1,5
    • Naruishi Arisa - 1,5
    • Watanabe Karen - 1,3
    • Sato Suzuka - 1,2
    • Nakamura Yuuka - 1,1
    • Matsuura Yui - 1
    • Hatai Miyuu - 1
    • Kanomata Mana - 1

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    A point of interest in the Modelpress article is the criterias the Team leaders had when doing their choices
    • Kuranoo chooses members in consideration of their pairings so that they can consult with each other in case of problems between members.
    • Oguri selected participants whom she felt were 'spectacular' based on her own observations of their performances.
    • Sato checked the dances and selected members whose movements were clean and polite.
    • Furuyama drew on her many years of dance experience to spot a participant with beautiful movements.
    • Yamauchi emphasises the "auditioning with the general public" aspect of the programme, and organises the teams so that there are an equal number of AKB48 members and general participants.
    • Sako invited her trusted peers and older members to join the team.
    • Shitao chose her favourite participants based on their dance and performance, as the team was made up of her 'favourite girls'.
    • Nakamori chose only one AKB48 member because of the 'emphasis on ease of doing things' and gathered the members so that they all met for the first time.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2