TV / Radio OUT OF 48 (2023/04/20 - 2024/03/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I watched episodes 4 and 5 of the show, where they picked the members to make the 8 teams. I feel like 2 episodes just for this was a bit too much... it's like they've been in the practice room forever lol. About the team leaders, it was a weird decision to make new gens as leaders and I think even the girls themselves knew (and it's not their fault anyway) like for example how Aichan's first pick was Naamin and her reason was that Naamin is a leader, so basically Naamin is most likely going to lead that team lol. Same for Yumemi who first picked Yuna and said that she's like a leader, she also said something similar when she picked Mizumin just after. Also, it was a bit weird when Naru picked Yuichi (quite early too) and then Yukirin explains that it's because Yuichi is good at dancing and centered Ne mo Ha mo Rumor at 18th gen's debut. I mean, Yuichi was eliminated in the dancing evaluation just before lol... Her elimination made no sense anyway and was probably part of their script to bring her back after... but yeah. a weird situation lol.

They also picked 2 non-AKB girls to be leaders and it was a bit awkward that they got to judge/pick AKB members who have been idols for years when these girls just auditioned now... I guess they couldn't have only the AKB girls as leaders. in total 4 of the leaders (half of them) were members who just auditioned, just debuted or debuted a year before. ^^;

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue watching this show, I mostly watch it because it has some of my favorite members like Yuiyui, Erii, Hiyuka... but they don't appear so much (well Yuiyui appears quite a lot of course but yes), and generally the show is too slow and it has a heavy atmosphere that makes it not very fun to watch ._.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I stopped watching live after episode 2. If that subber continues to provide subs, then I'll watch those, but if not, then I don't think I'll bother with the show. It's poorly produced and the guy who's supposed to produce the group at the end is a sketchy nobody. Like you said, it's too slow - I also feel like there is a substantial lack of background music and/or sound effects, it's just... boring. It's not a survival show, it's more like a documentary, except they seem to have forgotten how to do documentaries.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    Ugh. I agree with Marlene's assessment on the show, but still they could at the very least make the script coherent :fp: it's wild how poorly made this show is. Not to mention that yes, it's extremely weird to choose the new gens or the local girls as leaders. If the producer wants AKB members then might as well actually use them for their experience.

Anyway, I didn't watch the last two episodes live or otherwise and I'm kinda glad I didn't as it seems like this is still a waste of time. I probably won't bother to keep watching despite the fact that Zukky and Sorara are still there. I can just read about the episodes afterwards :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Songs are from Japan or foreign countries
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/outof48_ntv/status/1661567812832247811

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watanabe Karen's Twitter
    https://twitter.com/rinrinkaren1130/status/1661660072597164032

Nagai Kurumi's Twitter
    https://twitter.com/krm_nmi/status/1661599781070999555

Matsuura Yui's Twitter
    https://twitter.com/yui_oo48/status/1661586226426826757

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like there is a surprise anouncement tonight
    https://twitter.com/outof48/status/1661673328774635521

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Song titles reveal:

[HIDE]
    Source: https://twitter.com/s_egg/status/1661789879364390913

IZ*ONE "FIESTA" → Team Shitao
    IVE "LOVE DIVE" → Team Furuyama
    NiziU "Make you happy" → Team Nakamori
    E-Girls "Gomennasai no Kissing You" → Team Kuranoo
    ITZY "WANNABE" → Team Sato
    TWICE "Candy Pop" → Team Oguri
    KARA "Mister" → Team Yamauchi
    Perfume "Laser Beam" → Team Sako
    [/HIDE]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    More Trivia:
    • FIESTA was chosen by both Sato and Shitao --> Shitao win
    • Make you happy was chosen by Oguri, Nakamori and Sako --> Nakamori win
    • Candy Pop wasn't chosen in the 1st round but Oguri and Sako chose in the 2nd row --> Oguri win
    • Yamauchi originally chose Make you happy but resigned right after
    • Sako lost all the janken and chose the last song "Laser Beam"
    My opinion:
    Aichan made good decision choosing FIESTA since she had chosen graceful members which fits the concept of FIESTA the most, sadly she lost, I'd prefer LOVE DIVE more than Wannable but Naamin and Yukinee in a cool concept seems interesting.
    Yumemin Team is definitely the weakest with full of KKS and then she lost all the game, double kill, poor the girls.
    And seemed like something happen with Erichan since she's the only AKB member in her team, I don't understand Japanese so I'd love if anyone can translate that.

Last edited: May 26, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. htmfan

htmfan Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    From my understanding, Erichan is the only AKB member in that team. And, the choreography learning period was also overlapping with the AKB48 concert rehearsal last month. She was the only member of the team unable to memorise the full choreo of the song on that particular date, hence could not really follow the team.

• Informative Informative x 6
  8. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    Finally we get to see the mission songs... for me i would have loved to see the 2 resident WIZ*ONEs (Yuki & Kohina) do FIESTA (imo is still one of the hardest, most intricate, most beautiful KPOP choreos out there) or even LOVE DIVE as a kind of tribute from those 2 fans to their idols but alas...
    Still excited to see all of the contestants perform the finished products (hopefully the episodes won't drag too long and we get to see it next week) :chuffed:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Modelpress episode 6 summary
    Seee! Miracles can happen in the end, it took only half an episode to allocate all the songs
    /irony off

It was a a bit more interesting than the previous, because a lot more things happened indeed, though it remains dull.
    And for sure the director (or whever is responsible for the editing) absolutly loves Furuyama. (shoe in probably ?)

Each group has 1 month to learn their choosen choregraphy.
    It looks like it is again going to be self training, thouhg I could spot some advisors.

They will face a singing exam with the song "Watashi wa saikyō" (私は最強) by Ado.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Also, (from Modelpress 2nd report), 4 members droped out of the project, but 3 of them stayed for the lessons as initiated.

Naruishi Arisa's Twitter
    https://twitter.com/arisanaruishi

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    One Piece Red had a lot of good tunes, it's basically a musical anime where there were more singing than fights lol...but imo I'm Invincible is the best of the bunch, i had goosebumps when this song came on + the scenes that accompany it (or maybe i'm just biased because i'm such a huge fan of Mrs. GREEN APPLE, this song was composed by its lead vocalist). Such a majestic song. Really intrigued how the contestants will execute this project.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm surprised FIESTA was such a popular choice. I remember on Girls Planet 999, nobody wanted to do the song cause it's so high pitched and the dance is rather intricate. Will be interesting to see how they pull this off. Maybe they didn't consider this as much and more just how nice the song is itself

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Maybe, because they are only asked to dance.

EDIT for under:
    I am 100% confident, the scripts are allready taking care of such possibility.

13. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    A bit more of this, the 3 AKB members were mentioned by Makino-san as "Naitsuusha (内通者)"
    Idk why they choose the word, literally translated as "Betrayer", but I think it's closer to "Insider".
    Even Yukirin never heard that word being used in TV lol
    [​IMG]

Seems like their role is to feed positive information to the staffs by paying attention to the personalities of the girls around them.
    Positive information, mind you.
    It may be used to help making the new group better,
    also maybe to help staffs editing the contents by highlighting interesting personality/quirks of the girls, especially the ones that are unknown to staffs.
    Like "Kuranoo Narumi completely stirred up (inspired?) that day" or "Sato Airi was always smiling, for her to be able to do that within 1 year of debut, it's cool."
    [​IMG]

Now the interesting part for me is that these 3 originally dropped out early like Satomina.
    But the staffs asked them to stay as these "Insiders".
    Now who are these AKB members, and would they even continue the audition to the final stage if they made it through?
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Motomura Aoi

if the video does not show watch the video here

Nakamori Mikoto has a youtube channel... and a twin sister?

Akiyama Yuna is also a twin, lots of twins. twin twin twin

• Informative Informative x 6
  16. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Since this is not open for public voting, they might stay until the final.

Or management is interested in these members to be the final member of the group and this is just the ploy by them to buy time so they can persuade said members to be the final member of the group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 1
  18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/outof48_ntv/status/1664104529673977856

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/outof48/status/1664195623099461635

Episode 7 comes with no surprise.
    or at least we finally could see hana working with the girls in preparation of the 04/29 Haru concert performance. (didn't prevent the cold welcome from the crowd).

Everything that was anounced / hinted in the previous episode happened and that's all.
    Groups starting to work on their choreos, and the 1st singing exam

It's tough to have a definite opinion about each girls singing, the footages were very short and the editor took a good care of keeping some nice ones.

It looks like the problem was with working on the song.
    Poor girl couldn't sing at all, but Kondo san cheered her up despite all.

We now know 1 of the "spies"
    [hide]Edit: maybe not[/hide]

Next is the 2nd dance judgement. Nothing was said on the amount of girls that will be kept.

The show has a real lack of consitency IMO, when the editing manages to create some interest one day, it's to loose all the momentum the week after.

Conspiracy theory, since I noticed the official acounts retweeted these:
    [hide]
    [/hide]
    They are all Anakin.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  19. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Erii, Serika, Ayamin and Yukinee left OUT OF 48. [hehe]
    20230602_003924.jpg

• Like Like x 3