First member that caught your eye vs. your oshi(s)

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by xiexieleilei, Aug 3, 2023.

1. xiexieleilei

xiexieleilei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    陈琳 Chen Lin
    Twitter:
    xiexieleiiei
    I'm very curious about this actually, I wonder if the girl who first caught your eye is your oshi now? For me it's a yes, I kamioshi Inoue Nagi & oshi Sakurai Reika, they were two of the girls that first caught my eye aswell ^^

Bonus question if u want ; what made u keep her as ur oshi? What did you fall in love with?

2. juniorbeho

juniorbeho Kenkyuusei

Ikoma definitely since she was the face of the group when I started following Nogi. I still hold her in high regard because I think she's a pretty lovable kid but my kami oshi became Ikuta because of her talent and growth throughout the years. My oshi for active members is Yamashita and she's been my 3rd gen oshi since her introduction. For 4th gen it's Kaki and she's right behind Yama while my 5th gen oshi is Ikeda for her goofiness with gap for her looks. Ultimately I'm pretty much a DD kind of fan though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. spring_rain

spring_rain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawasaki Sakura
    Ooh the members who caught my eye were Miona, Nanase, and Asuka, with Miona becoming my oshi. I think she’s just so gorgeous with a fun and goofy personality to to boot. My current oshi is Sakutan and she immediately caught my eye the moment she was introduced!

• Like Like x 2
  4. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Nogi is full of beautiful girls so usually there are multiple girls that capture my attention.

For 1ki, it was Reika, Ikuchan, Misa and Maiyan. In the end, it was Maiyan that become my kami oshi.

As for 3ki, Momoko is pretty much my oshi since the introduction, she is just so pretty.

As for 5ki, the one that captures my attention first were Nagi, Aya, Naonao, Sakutan. But for now I like Nagi, Sakutan and Terepan almost equally. Surprisingly, Terepan wasn't in my radar at all when they were first introduced but now she is at the top.

Unfortunately I have no oshis for 2ki and 4ki.

What makes me like them? Well, their beauty at first but also their personality. Maiyan is an elegant beauty and seems to have an effortless idol quality, she is an all round idol who is good at everything, stoic yet have goofy sides and caring to other members. Similarly Nagi too is an all-round idol who is stoic, and her beauty is flawless. Momoko just triggers my soft-side, I like how she grows in character yet still being true to herself till the end. Terepan and Sakutan are an anomaly, their first impression is rather gloomy, but Terepan is actually a goofy character and Sakutan is actually cheerful and smiley.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    The first Nogi member that caught my eye was Hoshino Minami on the Natsu no Free&Easy album cover Type B. It was the first ever Nogi photo that i ever saw, back in Summer 2014. The photo was actually from an article in my friend's JPOP-related magazine (the magazine cover was Sakura Gakuin and my friend was a huge fan of them). Minami's smile & eyesmile in that particular photo/album cover was so sweet (i always had a weakness towards eyesmiles, my first ever female idol that i ultimately stanned was SNSD Tiffany and she was famous for it), and the album cover concept was the Nogi members in the middle of watching like a punkrock concert in the moshpit while wearing punkrock-ish tees and accessories (i'm a huge pop-punk fan)... so those things combined made me super curious to check out the MV of Natsu no Free&Easy (which is still one of my favorite Nogi songs & MVs ever), and there i discovered Nishino Nanase, the center of the song and who would later become my ult Nogi oshi. Nanase had such sweet smile & eyesmile (like a shade that i wanna rest under), and a demure personality which just made me go "kkyun" everytime lol... after that i checked out her & Nogi past activities, i found another MV & song titled Romance no Start in which she was also center, and that became my #1 Nogi song & MV even to this day (it was released back in Spring 2014). The song & MV were really sweet and creative. Nanase also had a shy, gentle, but brave personality... Back in early 2014 she bungee-jumped for the success of Nogi's single, from up the Macau tower. My love for her just multiplied by then, i respected and applauded her bravery even if she was very shy and nervous. Nanase graduated on the last day of 2018, but i am super grateful that i had the chance to witness her peak/golden days in Nogi, especially as the center for a lot of Nogi singles during 2014 - 2018.

And idk why but i always have 2 kami-oshis in a group. Other than Nanase, my other Nogi oshi was Takayama Kazumi. Kazumi's eyesmile are so bright, she is beautiful & cute (imo she looks A LOT like a younger version of SNSD Tiffany so maybe that was one of the main factors why i fell for Kazumi), her figure is banging, but her personality are the complete opposite of Nanase's. But those 2 are like soulmates, they took care of each other and support each other during their time in Nogi. Back when Nogi was first formed and those 2 were still rookies, they had their first hardship as a group, to hand out pocket tissues as a way to promote Nogi and their debut single. Nobody on the streets wanted to take the tissues that Nanase handed out, and Nanase started crying. Kazumi was the first member to run and hug Nanase, consoling her. I have a feeling that that exact moment is what made them so close with each other despite having different personalities. Kazumi is just like the nicest, dorkiest, funniest girl ever so maybe that's why Nanase felt so comfortable with her. While Nanase's quiet and demure personality made Kazumin want to always protect & take care of her. I just love their friendship/sisterhood so much. It also helped that they were born only 3 months apart, so the same-aged friends vibe was real. Their ship name was Takasemaru from "Takayama" and Nanase's nickname "Nanasemaru". Back in Summer 2015, Nogi had a drama called Hatsumori Bemars about softball, and in one of the episodes, there was a plot/scene that really made every Takasemaru shippers super happy lol (i guess the scriptwriter of that drama was also one!). Kazumi graduated on November 2021, and I am also glad that i got to witness both of them shine in Nogi and watch how their close relationship was also acknowledged by fellow members and also fans of both Nanase & Kazumi, and also fans of Nogi in general.

• Like Like x 2
  6. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    There's a gif of Asuka just sititng around with Nogi jersey and it got me looking up Nogis. At my earliest found I thought she's the person referred by articles as himetanbeam.
    Anyway, my earliest Nogi content was from Nogichuu era and Nishino was immediately my favorite, but when I discover Nogidoko, it was less about the girls but more about the variety.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    1st gen: caught my eye Kazumi, oshi Kazumi.
    2nd gen: Miona - Miona.
    3rd gen: Momoko - hmm, no oshi but I keep a soft spot for Mukai.
    4th gen: Kaki until I saw Sato Rika...
    And finally 5th gen: oh I had a rough time between Nagi and Satsuki until Teresa invaded the group... And my heart...

• Like Like x 1
  8. dusty

dusty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawaki sakura
    1ki: nanamin from her encore sayonara no imi in her graduation concert - but kamioshi is asuka (nanase is very close being there tho, shes like at oshi tier rn)
    3ki: momoko/yoda - dont have an oshi in 3ki, but mizuki and renka have been catching my eyes during jingu this year
    4ki: ayamen during 10th yr bday live taiyou knock - ayamen/kaki (i do look out for kuromi, but only because im also from hk)
    5ki: nagi - NAONAO OMGG my most recent oshi!!! her performance during day 1 jingu rlly caught my eye (part of it is because she centred the most recent/my favourite 5ki song), also, aruno is actually climbing up on my list because of her amazing live vocals in actually... but tbf i do have my eye on some other 5ki rn

and yes, if you can't tell, 5ki is my fav currently, recently overtaking 1ki ^^ sadly i didnt pay a lot of attention to 2ki, but if i had to pick one it would be miona (her graduation song is amazing)

• Like Like x 1
  9. yaya

yaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    1ki hoshino, maiyan,nanamin, sayuringo,seitan,himetan wakatsuki,naachan, eto Misa, asuka OSHI asuka

2ki iori,kotoko,miona,miria, kiichan

3ki momoko, renka,kubo, tamami

4ki kakki, tsuitsui,yanchan,kuromin,mayutan, yuri OSHI yuri

5ki naonao, mao, nagi, miku,Sakura, satsuki, Hina, Terepan Aya OSHI Aya

• Like Like x 1
  10. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Wakatsuki Yumi from a performance for Nandome no Aozora ka I saw in 2016. Ended up liking Ikuta Erika the most.
    For 2nd it has always been Kitano Hinako. Always smiling and she's noisy but somehow I enjoy looking at her.
    When 3rd came I just thought Momoko is pretty, little Yoda is cute, and I like Kubo's gentle face. I'm still here because of Kubo Shiori.
    For 4th it's Tsutsui Ayame during the joint audition although during their Kojichu introduction, Hayakawa Seira was a revelation to me. But if I were to choose only one, Kaki Haruka is simply the best for me among 4th. But it's basically still those 3.
    During 5th gen's video introduction, it was Ogawa Aya at first. She's a lovely young lady for her age and I like her still. But I like Ioki Mao more. For me personally, she's the cutest and prettiest in her generation. And I can really feel something special about her.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

Naachan and Aruno
    The reason is their cat eyes. I couldn't ignore these two, especially while smiling and laughing.
    Been drawn into their eyes

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  12. xiexieleilei

xiexieleilei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    陈琳 Chen Lin
    Twitter:
    xiexieleiiei
    Naachan's eyes are really pretty, you're right ><

13. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    There was a tweet/xpost going around that reminded me of this thread...

Anyhow first member to catch my eye? Maiyan. I was binging AKBingo! when I got to the Team K vs Nogizaka episode where I see Maiyan. Immediately searched for "Shiraiashi Mai," ended up at the wiki, found several other cute AF members, and became a Nogi wota. Who can blame me? I mean, Maiyan in the bloom of youth was on another level.

Funny thing is she was never my oshi. Ikuchan is just the best girl. She still is. Manatsu was my ni-oshi, and to be honest, I sided with Nanase.

The only other member to catch my eye at first sight? Yamashita. From her first SHOWROOM audition, I was hooked. Definitely was the power in her gaze. She's my current Nogi oshimen.

For 2nd, 4th, and 5th Gen oshimen, they weren't 'love at first sight' but they each had something that attracted to me to them. Karin, Ranze, Kuromi, and Miyu: it was their hard work and dedication. For Iroha, it's her talent.

But, for me, every day a member makes me notice them so Nogi members always catch my eye. (See Hazuki and her first pitch today!)

• Like Like x 2
  14. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    1ki:
    first love: Iwase Yumiko
    I love her assimetry haircut style and she also looks mature and sexy. Plus, she has the ponkotsu side as well.
    Kami oshi: Wakatsuki Yumi
    Since I saw her on her first appearance on Nogidoko, I fell for her. She looked unrefined at that time, so wild and different from the Nogizaka image we know today. But, that was the thing that made me like her so much.

2ki:
    First love: Yamazaki Rena
    I fell for her cool aura and expression in Futougou's performance on Koujichuu.
    Kami Oshi: Ito Junna
    I don't remember when I started to like her. Suddenly, she becomes my oshimen.

3ki:
    First love: Kubo Shiori
    Oshimen: Currently it changes between Umezawa Minami and Kubo Shiori. Love both of them equally.
    Minami looks so mature and sexy, while Shiori is also lovely, and now she looks more mature as well. I can't choose which one that I like the most between these two.

4ki
    First love: Seimiya Rei
    Short hair and her smile was just lovely.
    Oshimen: Hayashi Runa
    Tomboy and weird, the two elements that make me love an idol member.

5ki:
    First love: Inoue Nagi
    Oshimen: Inoue Nagi
    Since the first second of her short introduction video, I knew this girl was the one. Then, another video came up when I saw her playing traditional Japanese archery, which made me love her even more. There are no other 5ki members that can stand on equal ground with Inoue Nagi as my Oshimen.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Heelo

Heelo Kenkyuusei

1ki: Saito Yuri, then Ikuta Erika
    2ki: Kitano Hinako then Suzuki Ayane
    3ki: Ozono Momoko then Yamashita Mizuki
    4ki: Seimiya Rei then Kaki Haruka
    5ki: Ikeda Teresa then Ikeda Teresa

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rawerontek

Rawerontek Kenkyuusei

1gen. I am thorn between nakada kana or saito asuka ( i sense them had hardworking, a smart, a tactician a bit of sadist , dark and rebels which is i like), but i choose Kana as oshi until shes graduated, then Saito asuka until she graduates and currently my oshi is Ikeda Teresa. (smart, hardworking, late owl, great fisher, randomness with a hint of dark and free spirited)

• Like Like x 3
  17. xiexieleilei

xiexieleilei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    陈琳 Chen Lin
    Twitter:
    xiexieleiiei
    This is so awkward to ask but what does ponkotsu side mean lmao.. I'm still quite new to jmedia/nogi46.
    I've gotta say the exact same thing for Nagi though, as soon as I saw her introduction video I fell in love, she's so gorgeous and soft spoken and then on stage... omg.. an incredible performer.

18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Clumsy in a good/cute way. She is messing around a lot, but not to the point she causes a huge problem for other members or the group. It is like when you see your friend did something stupid and you just laugh at what your friend did.

• Like Like x 2
  19. xiexieleilei

xiexieleilei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    陈琳 Chen Lin
    Twitter:
    xiexieleiiei
    Oh okay thank u!! The clumsy types are really cute ><

20. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Usually my first also ends up also being my oshimen, as you can see below:

1ki
    First: Matsumura Sayuri / Oshi: Ikuta Erika
    I'm always drawn to twintails, but Ikuchan very quickly overtook that and became my kamioshi.

2ki
    First + Oshi: Terada Ranze
    I'm not 100% certain of this... I may have liked Kotoko equally? Liked both of their visuals.

3ki
    First + Oshi: Yamashita Mizuki
    She reminded me of Ikuchan visually and has now replaced her as my group oshimen.

4ki
    First + Oshi: Kitagawa Yuri
    I liked Yuri from AKB's draft. When she left Team B for Nogi, my interest in her followed along. If not for her, the next members to catch my eye've been Kanagawa Saya and Tamura Mayu.

5ki
    First + Oshi: Inoue Nagi
    Love the cool beauty types, too! I'm glad when members that catch my eye also end up being promoted, just like Zukkii.

• Like Like x 1