UNLAME (OO48 group)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Mana, Sep 1, 2023.

1. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here
    It's better than I expected.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    The second song is so much better. It’s actually really enjoyable. Feels very TWICE

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The songs sounds like coming from outer space, and are both similar.
    Had they chained them with no pause, I'd have thought it was only 1 song.
    It's not very impacfull either, I'm not convinced it's the wisest sound to do for a debut.
    It suits the event, though.

The performance is correct, live singing, and cool dancing.

ANd for the different outfits, I feel like during the audition, they adopted something for the theater audience.
    Now that they are targeting wider, they changed to what is going to be their style.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
  4. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I'm surprised, I liked the songs well enough and the styling. Like everyone else I wish they had a better name, but yeah, I think I'll keep up with them for a little bit at least.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    I liked both songs! Maybe my low expectations going into it helped, but I'm pleased. They're not groundbreaking and they do sound similar, but they're easy to listen to and on repeat. I like them more the more I listen. I hope the group succeeds and I'll definitely be following them!

I thought their dancing during the performance was a bit chaotic and all over the place, but I like that they sang live :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    MyNavi TOKYO GIRLS COLLECTION 2023 A/W (09/02)

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

https://twitter.com/TGCnews/status/1697836380507021727
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1697836264027009024/pu/vid/720x1280/8voGzg9zCljeMZ78.mp4

https://twitter.com/girlswalkernews/status/1697849602299625787
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1697849386339045376/pu/vid/720x1280/Ef_0eU4ZRZGnyBXD.mp4

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

https://twitter.com/unlame_official/status/1697902324994474425
    [​IMG]

Photos from the press: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...u-project-x-toyota.7094/page-636#post-1806322

• Like Like x 2
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A vertical format MV teaser has just dropped:

10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    This is how you know it's still an AKB group.

11. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    it's not for the first time
    [​IMG]

you don't need to say it, mana. let me say it for you. yes, the group name is lame.

------------------------------------
    anyway, Hinano for the next senbatsu!

12. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    And yet, "the shortie" is a lot more popular than all the other ones combined.

13. welp

welp Next Girls

The performance quality was underwhelming to say the least. Looked as if they practiced dance together for 3 days. The voice had no stability and the pitch was bad.

Individually,
    Sae was the worst dancer, her body was stiff like wood board.
    Hiyuka was the worst vocalist with worst pitch + shaky voice + nasal. What a triple threat.

Pristamic sounds retro.

Someone deleted my comment 'coz couldn't handle truth. :lol:

14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I listened to both of their songs and watched their performance at TGC! My thoughts:

I think the songs are pretty good. I'm glad they didn't include things like a rap... That wouldn't suit them tbh. Personally I prefer "Prismatic" more than "I am I". "I am I" is not a bad song but some parts are too high and they didn't do a very good job with the voices. They should have distributed the parts differently and maybe edit the voices better... it's a waste because I think the song could have been much better if the voices were a bit different and without the higher notes. I think they all sound better in "Prismatic" so I like the song better! too bad it's not the main song (maybe because it sounds a bit less memorable?). But yeah overall I think both songs are good.

For the live performance, they did a good job for a first performance. The dancing was good enough imo, and the singing, they were singing live, it was fine. I think Hiyuka struggles a bit with her chorus part, I wish they gave her another part because she sounds much better when singing lower. Anyway she looks great! I also noticed that Yuichi is doing really well when it comes to dancing and expressions! The youngest member ^^ She has a lot of potential. and overall I have to say, Hinano stands out the most o_o She looks so good. I think she has the perfect looks, dancing and voice for this kind of songs. I approve of her being center! I actually didn't even think that she would make it to this group lol (I mean, I wasn't following OO48 too close but I was thinking she wouldn't make it). They made a perfect decision to include her, she's just great! <3

• Like Like x 1
  15. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Hmm... I haven't watched a single episode of OO48, best I did was watching Hiyukas "Idol" performance and two or three YT shorts + infrequently reading some posts in the shows S48's thread, but that's it.
    Now, here's the final line up. I like Hiyuka and Sae (fav 18th Gen), Naru is my number 3 in AKB, so because of her I will follow the group (indirectly) by nature.
    Aside from me liking specific members more than others, they all look great in the profile and promo images! (Take note for AKB, DH!) Fr, I really like their vibe!:eek:
    The songs, like @Popuri said, nothing wow and they sound a bit similar, but they're easy to listen to. Ok as first release.:)
    Haven't watched the live yet, maybe later more about it.

@Mana In another post you shared that you were surprised that a specific contestant wasn't included in the final line up (forgot her name and don't want to look it up now). Do you have any links for her (YouTube and TwitterX/Instagram)? You made me kinda curious about her:^^;:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

It was Rei! I honestly think she would have been included if they decided the line-up after the last few episodes aired lol... but yeah too late ._. when she opened her Showroom page just before the results (and already had Twitter, IG and TikTok created not long before), I knew it was over :oops: She auditioned for 18th gen (idk why she didn't pass tbh) and then OO48 and still didn't pass. They should really take her as 18.5th gen or something :oops: Her social medias:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/su_06ri
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/su_06ir/
    TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@su_06ir
    Showroom: https://www.showroom-live.com/r/ss0004

and I can put this part out of spoiler! Rei went to see UNLAME's performance :oops:
    https://twitter.com/su_06ri/status/1697919835945291873 (AKB do something!)

• Like Like x 2
  17. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

So her name was Rei! I thought about it, but was too unsure :^^;:
    Thank you for taking the time to search for and share the links.:blush: Any specific video/performance recommendation on YT?
    Maybe I'll share a thought or two later.:chuffed:

18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Now that they've finally debuted as idols, I want to know who's your bias.

Mine is NARUMI. Slay girl!

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    /Agree

20. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Sae is my current favorite 18ki member, but in this group she doesn't stand out to me as much as Hinano. I've been slowly becoming interested in Hinano these past few months and her debut in this group has helped a lot. I really like her visual this time! When she first debuted with the rest of 18ki, she didn't stand out to me at all. I also didn't watch OO48, so I'm not sure of everyone's true skill level, but Hinano impressed me the most in the live performances (maybe low expectations? haha). I'm hoping more people become interested in her thanks to this group!

Same for the other members. I was impressed with Naru's singing as well... never knew her skill level.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. qpet

qpet Future Girls

YUKA ofc :oops:
    -
    TGC audience was a bit modest :^^;: