Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Wary of getting too off topic here. but your analogy is fallacious, non-binary is more akin to believing in alchemy, you might believe that lead can turn into gold but reality says it can't.

The idol world is harsh for those with a mental health condition. Naachan, Jurina and Haruppi are members that reached the top of their respective groups but paid for it by exacerbating pre-existing conditions triggered by the stresses of overwork and pressure from agency, fans, management etc.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    FYI The topic whether non-binary people exist or not ends here.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. comfygazer

comfygazer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    さとみな ♡
    i feel so sorry for naachan :,( they never deserved all the terrible things that were said to them. i’m glad they felt comfortable enough to come out in this interview, though. i hope they’re in a better place now mentally.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I'm a bit confused because almost everyone has been calling her "they" but has she even specified if that's what she wants? There are also people on stan twitter calling her "lesbian" when the article pretty much says that's what she thought in (and after) 2017 but not now (and indeed, most of us always thought she was bi because that's what she implied/said). So, she thinks she was already "betraying" her fans in 2017 even before her scandal broke out. I think it's nice she mentioned that she realized she should have viewed same-sex and opposite-sex relationships equally instead of thinking she was still being "majime" while dating a woman.
    Could you elaborate on the part about sex? I'm interested because it's vaguely related to my research work :^^;: Afaik, it's genes (not chromosomes) that ultimately determine sex and while in-utero hormonal exposure can lead to slight feminization/masculization, it cannot change your sex. There are organisms that do have more than two mating types but sex is specifically an attribute of oogamous organisms that can only produce two types of gametes (male and female).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Bcs they have never shown or indicated any preference for any english pronouns AND as far as I am aware occasionally opts for more masculine pronouns for themself in japanese, it seems silly to restrict myself to using only she/her for them in english.

Also I and probably many other international fans are using they/them as a way to indicate that we see Nana's gender and acknowledge it for what it truly is

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Since there was already an off-topic warning, I better not do that here, but we can discuss this via PM if you like :approve:

• Like Like x 1
  9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't know why anyone would think Naa picks and chooses random terms for self identification just cause the terms are modern words; what would anyone gain from doing so? If anything, coming out usually leads to criticism and losing fans. Naa has never pretended to be a straight woman, they've always been open about being attracted to women, they've always enjoyed a less stereotypically feminine fashion sense as well. Most people who will find them interesting or want to support them merely because Naa isn't cis/straight are already doing so. By being explicit, Naa probably hasn't gained any new LGBT fans (they were already there), she's just lost trans-/nb-phobic fans.

I'm in the office today, usually I'm working from home, but if nobody beats me to it, I'll try to translate the two most recent interviews tomorrow or some point this week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It's desperate projection from (western) fans really, they want to reclaim her for the lgbtqia+++ after her disturbing display of straightness last year. I think Nana is someone who is eager to please and she doesn't want to disappoint a very vocal section of her fans so she says she's this or that to please them.

• Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Former member Nozawa Rena has just made a very rare posting on her X to congratulate Naachan and to say that she was involved with the lyrics of the track 'Silent Mermaid':
    https://twitter.com/RENAN0ZAWA/status/1721874177735696814

Looking at today's 'Real Sound' interview with Naachan, on page 2 where she's talking about the track 'Koe wo Ushinatta Ningyo Hime' she does say that the lyrics on the English version 'Silent Mermaid' (which is available as a bonus track on the Regular Edition) were supervised by Rena who is a native English speaker.

BTW the English lyrics to the track are available on Uta-Net (where Rena is credited as the lyricist): https://www.uta-net.com/song/345836/

And here's the index to all of the lyrics from the album's songs:
    https://www.uta-net.com/artist/35480/

• Like Like x 1
  13. junjou19

junjou19 Member

That's so funny bc every single thing you post in this forum comes off as cringe and attention seeking ☺️

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Do you genuinely not understand what bisexuality is? Aren't you a grown man? How are you this uneducated when you clearly have internet access?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    OK, time for the red letters as the friendly green ones seem to be taken as something you can just ignore
    And I'm using an extra big font to make myself clear

Discussions about the existence of gender identity are off topic in this thread!

feel free to create a thread on this topic under the 'Stage48 Lobby', but the usual rules apply .... be respectful, so no insulting other members (not even veiled insults, which some of you came too close for comfort to)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    It is funny how she thought dating a woman was not an ethical/ rule breach. She did date a woman in 2017. That means she is/used to date when she made that infamous speech criticizing her peers... when she played the "honor student role" from "her high horse" (e.g. with ue kara mesen attitude), she is breaking the rule.. wow...

It is funny how she contradicted herself later. "The gender of my partner should not matter, yet i received different treatment". Yet she was the first person who differentiated about dating a woman (not an ethical breach) and man (as an ethical breach- she criticized her peers forl).

Wow.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I think you hit the nail on the subject. She comes off as hypocritical imho

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

Friendly reminder: Okada's sexual identity has nothing to do with her being a liar and a hypocrite.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

SSK speech for AKB was an immature moment... What's this controversial interview then?
    If Nacchan doesn't take care of herself seriously, her life can end up as messy as Mariko.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They even quoted the speech from 2017, Naa spoke about their current thoughts and what thoughts went through their mind back then.

"It's good to have a variety of members, but we shouldn't try to imitate them." (people who take advantage of their scandals and turn it into a joke)

Furthermore, Naa said in 2023 (paraphrasing), "I was immature, my world view back then was narrow and I didn't think that a relationship between two women had the same weight as a relationship between man and woman."

How many of you all ignored all the times Naachan openly mentioned dating, how many of you ignored all the times Naachan publicly declared themselves attracted to women... how many members and fans alike have always laughed when a 48G member mentioned dating women - Iwata Karen, Kinoshita Momoka, Takita Kayoko. How many of these members that publicly declared themselves to be attracted to women out loud, on TV, in radio, in magazines, were called out to have a scandal?

It's not just Naa who viewed a relationship between women to not count as a scandal, the whole fricking industry does - and all of you who are criticising were doing the same thing. At the same time, when Naa did come out as bisexual and previously revealed having dated women and AKB members, I distinctly remember someone on this very thread saying, "I hope Naachan can grow up, marry a man and have kids like a normal woman." Didn't all of you treat Naa like a queerbait, like someone in a phase?

Be for real now.

Mariko cheated on her husband, verbally abused him on recording, and tried to manipulate him into forgiving her by acting helpless. Her behaviour targeted one specific person in her life whom she had sworn her love to, through better or for worse, in a court of law.

How is this at all relatable??

Seriously, people are saying whatever to justify their hatred for Naa.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1